Start by marking “The World That Perished” as Want to Read:
The World That Perished

The World That Perished

Photos and detailed descriptive text demonstrate that a global flood disaster is the most reasonable explanation for many natural phenomena. A simple and interesting defense of the Genesis flood.
Published October 1st 1988 by Baker Books (first published 1973)

To ask other readers questions about The World That Perished, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The World That Perished

Start your review of The World That Perished
Nathan Schrock
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great overview of the Flood from an apologetic point of view. For the length, I thought it was very well done, and I would recommend it to believers and skeptics alike. Whitcomb strikes a good balance between using the geological record to prove the Bible and letting the Bible stand on its own. In the end our faith is strengthened by the evidence found around us, but either way, we know how the flood happened because the Bible tells us about it.
Particularly interesting was the
Bethany
Slightly outdated now so certain parts no longer apply as science has uncovered much more since this book was written, but otherwise an excellent Creation-proving, Evolution-unraveling book.
Edward Waverley
Jul 22, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: rushdoony
This is R. J. Rushdoony, Easy Chair number 198, July the seventh, 1989.
This evening Otto Scott and I are going to discuss some of our readings, some books that we think are of interest. And we are doing this because you said you wanted more of this type of Easy Chair. I think I will start off by dealing with a book just published, World That Perished by John C. Whitcomb which was brought out a little earlier, but reprinted not too long ago by Baker Book House.
It is about the world that perished
L.S.
Jan 03, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: science, 2009
This classic flood geology book was a disappointment. Some of the information is good, so I still recommend the book, but other views are just too much speculation and too much "the Bible says what I understand it does". The reference to Dillow's water vapor canopy or the re-modelling of the land by the supernatural action of God seems to me unacceptable. Few contradictions in the book were also seen.
Janet Mueller
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I purchased this book on Amazon, after reading, "The Genesis Flood" by Whitcomb & Henry M. Morris, PhD. Unlike the reviewers below, I found much of interest in this book. I am a mature & well read Believer in the Word of God & I believe the Bible is to be taken literally, unless otherwise stated (in the Bible).

Will write more later.
Douglas Wilson
May 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
Excellent.
Martic
Mar 10, 2016 rated it liked it
First half most interesting, second half more technical.
Darren
Feb 19, 2015
Sep 23, 2013
Samuel Bugarsky
Mar 07, 2018
JOHN C. WHITCOMB came to know Christ through a campus ministry at Princeton University led by Dr. Donald Fullerton in February, 1943. God mercifully spared his life during the Battle of the Bulge in Belgium, December, 1944, where he served in a fire-direction center and as a German interpreter. Graduating from Princeton in 1948, with honors in history, and from Grace Theological Seminary in 1951, ...more