Start by marking “The Ten Principles Behind Great Customer Experiences (Financial Times Series)” as Want to Read:
The Ten Principles Behind Great Customer Experiences (Financial Times Series)

The Ten Principles Behind Great Customer Experiences (Financial Times Series)

Overall WINNER - CMI Management Book of the Year 2014

WINNER - Innovation & Entrpreneurship Category at the CMI Awards 2014

Create a great customer experience whoever you are.

Customers are powerful. They have a loud voice, a wealth of choice and their expectations are higher than ever.

This book covers ten principles you can use to make real world improvements to

Published February 14th 2013 by FT Publishing International (first published January 1st 2012)

Be the first to ask a question about The Ten Principles Behind Great Customer Experiences

Start your review of The Ten Principles Behind Great Customer Experiences (Financial Times Series)
Kym Hamer
Dec 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Watkinson writes thoughtfully and well and I liked his no-nonsense breaking- down-siloes approach to each of the 10 principles. However, I would have loved a tool/approach that helped me to audit my company across all 10 principles so that I could actually apply & embed everything I'd read. Still a great 4-star read and highly recommended. ...more
Brittany
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well-organized, quick read

I wish I could make everyone in every customer-facing business read this book. The concepts are thought provoking and the author provides great examples to reinforce them.
J. T.
Mar 21, 2021 rated it it was ok
Failed to meet expectations

Some good spots but often incoherent. It's hard to understand why these are the 10 most important principles or how to employ them systematically. As a result you can breeze through the book, only pausing in places to highlight useful passages..
Philip Dietschi
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is a really good book. I thought I would finish it faster than I did, so I had a bit higher expectations from it. When you read the book you will realize why it got a four star rating. It definitely is worth reading.
Miguel Diz Lopes
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A book that makes a lot of concepts simpler to be easily applicable in a practical setting. I read it as part of a course and truly enjoyed it!
Marie-Lise Theys
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, focused on customer, insightful on what you need to think about
Richard Beaven
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is excellent ! A must read for anyone who truly wants a Custer centric business
Janet
May 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent work full of invaluable information. Applicable to all kinds of businesses.
brian
keith gray
Jul 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Making of a Manager: What to Do When Everyone Looks to You
  • The Innovators: How a Group of  Hackers, Geniuses and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution
  • The Cartel (Power of the Dog #2)
  • The Power of the Dog (Power of the Dog #1)
  • Investment Banking: Valuation, Leveraged Buyouts, and Mergers & Acquisitions
  • Valuation: Measuring and Managing the Value of Companies
  • 100 Practical Ways to Improve Customer Experience: Achieve End-To-End Customer Engagement in a Multichannel World
  • Net Promoter - Implement the System: Advice and experience from leading practitioners (Customer Strategy Book 2)
  • The Customer Experience Book: How to design, measure and improve customer experience in your business
  • This Is Service Design Doing: Applying Service Design Thinking in the Real World
  • Learn REST APIs: Your guide to how to find, learn, and connect to the REST APIs that powers the Internet of Things revolution.
  • Ce-am făcut când am tăcut
  • Enigma Otiliei
  • The Data Detective: Ten Easy Rules to Make Sense of Statistics
  • The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon
  • Red Notice: A True Story of High Finance, Murder, and One Man's Fight for Justice
  • Your Perfect Year

News & Interviews

“When Sony was introducing the boom box, the company gathered a group of potential customers and held a focus group on what colour the new product should be: black or yellow. After some discussion among the group of likely buyers, everyone agreed that consumers would better respond to yellow. After the session, the facilitator thanked the group, and then mentioned that, as a bonus, they were welcome to take a free boom box on the way out. There were two piles of boom boxes: yellow and black. Every person took a black boom box.’5 Clearly what people say isn’t always a true reflection of what they think, so we need a way of getting into these shadowy issues and seeing how they affect the customer’s goals.” 0 likes