Start by marking “The Trouble With Kilts (MacLarens of Balmorie, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Trouble With Kilts (MacLarens of Balmorie, #3)

The Trouble With Kilts

(The MacLarens of Balmorie #3)

The Balmorie series continues with Kam McKellar’s 3rd fun, sexy contemporary romance novella set in Scotland. In THE TROUBLE WITH KILTS, Jamie is a wounded Highlander with an attitude and Riley is just the woman to set him straight. 25,000 words/100 pages. The THIRD novella in the Balmorie Series.

**********

Riley Brooks’ life is in a tailspin. With divorce papers shoved
Published November 28th 2013 (first published November 15th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Trouble With Kilts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trouble With Kilts

Start your review of The Trouble With Kilts (MacLarens of Balmorie, #3)
Cheri
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
Short story

It was a freebie for me. I thank the author for that. Honest review from me is that it was short. Missing words or words jumbled. Incomplete sentences or thoughts. It was a cute story. Nothing that really stood out. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't great.
ReadingInThe6ix
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too short...wish it was a full length novel
Kaitlyn
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
another free book, self explanatory
Nicole
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet with an ending that was a little abrupt.
Jasmine
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5✨
Marie
This review was originally posted on my blog, Ramblings of a Daydreamer. You can find it, and many more reviews at the blog.

The Trouble With Kilts is the final book in the Balmorie novella series, and I’m sad to say goodbye to the MacLarens and the Walkers. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed their love stories and watching them come full-circle.

Riley and Jamie are both hurting. Riley’s marriage has fallen apart, and Jamie has returned from war with both physical and emotional wounds. Both Riley and Jamie a
Valeria
Dec 26, 2013 rated it liked it
This book felt a bit similar to book two. We have Riley, the third cousin, who is facing a really bad break up fell in love with James, the third McLaren brother, who is also healing, but from a bad injury rather than heart ache. I did like very much, though, that this book had some unexpected turns and wasn’t as predictable as the first ones. Plus, I also really enjoyed that this time this two don’t decide to rush everything, but they rather choose to wait. That was a refreshing twist in the se ...more
S.L. Berry
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Kam McKellar's Mad about Plaid, A Scot for You, and The Trouble with Kilts are light romance novellas. Mad About Plaid Each are quick easy reads--just the right thing for the holidays. Each centers around a cousin from a set of three, who visit a castle and an estate turned into a resort. New A Scot Like YouEach falls in love with one of the MacLaren brothers. All are sexy, young, and beautiful and handsome. The countryside is breathtaking and the innkeepers are a set of friendly down-to-earth m ...more
Julie
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
This was my first book by author Kam McKellar and I only wish it had been a full length novel and not a novella.

Riley Brooks has escaped her busy life in the states, and with divorce papers in hand arrives at her cousins wedding to Ian Maclaren. To her dismay she discovers Jamie Maclaren is also attending the wedding and from past experience learned that she doesn't like him much. She hopes not to bump into him and all this love and romance, well it's not for her, been there, done that......
Jami
Heather andrews
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Jamie he was just really sexy and I loved him (yep I said that twice), "same as you, I reckon." He tossed a glance back to the house, the windows glowing with warm light. "And escaping your Grammy Lin. She keeps asking what's under my kilt." He's really caring, and takes care of his woman, "he moved past her. "Hang tight, New York. And I'll make ye some porridge, toast, and bangers. I think I have bangers," he muttered, disappearing into the kitchen." He also approves of his woman's body ...more
Anne
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This should have been an outright 5-star review if not for the rather short length of the story. I really love how the author made me care for the characters, but my only gripe is that the story was too short for me to care about them more. I've already read the previous 2 books, but I wish there was more depth to Riley. I felt like the appearance of her ex-husband was just thrown in as a convenient conflict factor, but I needed MORE. Because of that, I felt like there wasn't really any conflict ...more
C. Erani Kole
Feb 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: highlanders
This was a great fast read to satisfy my highland fix.

Riley and Jamie were unbelievably CUTE considering that both are in the worse periods of their lives, one a depressed amputee and the other a recently separated better-off-being-a-widow New Yorker. Their time together developed in the other two installments, but their connection here was hot, funny and pretty heartfelt, especially since it's so short compared to a regular length novel.

I never laughed so hard with a short novella and I highly
Jane
Jamie, the Highlander was perfect for Riley. Both had issues and a past full of pain and add love at first sight making The Trouble with Kilts a great romance. Jamie is a retired Army with a leg partly gone and Riley is recovering from the betrayal of her ex-husband, when they take six months to get back on track. I loved the chemistry and honest feelings when dealing with both of their issues.
Cheryl
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fun read!! This is such a wonderful series! i have enjoyed each book successively. They can be read as stand alone stories but the characters are mentioned in each story so its better to read the stories in order so your understanding is complete! this is a fun and easy wonderful series and i cannot say enough good things about this author. She definitely knows how to spin a story!
*TheWrittenWord*Mo
Ha! so I only figured out AFTER reading it that it was part of a series, but oh well :D
It does work very well as a stand alone though, I didn't feel like I missed anything, though considering the characters I probably would have enjoyed it more had I read the first two books :P

It's more of a chick-lit romance story than highlander-y but still good.
Deborah Gafford
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I have read anything by Ms. McKellar, but it will certainly not be the last! I loved this story of two people nearly overcome by heart break and bitterness learning to trust again and finally finding true love. The characters were wonderful, caught my attention and then my heart and never let go. You will LOVE this book!
Patricia Bennett
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love at first sight

Story line was very good and kept you reading until you were finished. Everyone should have love like Jamie and Riley, they never had intercourse and knew that person was for them. I guess absence makes the heart grow .
Petie McCarty
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third in the specatcular Balmorie series, and I would also give this one 8 stars if they went up that high. My only complaint is I would rather see this as a full-length novel. So sad the story was a novella...
sheila hamblin
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sweet

Short and sweet. I would have liked it a bit longer. Jamie was a sweet, injured man. Just getting himself back together. Riley had been hit and shattered just before they met. But I want more of them.
Michelle
The trouble with Kilts

love Jamie and Rylie story. love a first sight sort of story. enjoyed that they both thought the something but didn't say anything for six months. then they let the other know what they felt.
Sonya Dewey johnson
Very short novella. Read in less than an hour. Had a basis for a very good story, but was so short and rushed, it felt pointless.
Stacy
Dec 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Good conclusion to the series. I like that there was a six month separation in the story.
Angela
Sep 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this sweet romance. My only complaint was it was so short! I would've loved a longer romance between Riley and Jamie. Still recommend for a fast sweet romance. ...more
Irène Wadowski uliasz
Rafraîchissante lecture vu l'ambiance morose de ces derniers temps. ...more
Diane
Sep 06, 2014
Cindy
rated it it was ok
Sep 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Highland Burn (Guardians of Scotland Book 1)
  • A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
  • Highlander's Ransom (Sinclair Brothers Trilogy, #1)
  • Wager with a Warrior (Four Horsemen of the Highlands, #2)
  • Highland Hope (Guardians of Scotland Book 4)
  • Highland Storm (Guardians of Scotland, #2)
  • Highland Destiny: A Guardians of Scotland Novella
  • Highland Fate (Guardians of Scotland, #3)
  • Highlander's Redemption (Sinclair Brothers Trilogy, #2)
  • Forever In My Heart (Forever, #6)
  • Highland Wolf Pact (Highland Wolf Pact, #1)
  • Blood Reign (Highland Wolf Pact, #3)
  • Compromising Positions (Highland Wolf Pact, #2)
  • Shopping for a Billionaire (Shopping for a Billionaire, #1)
  • Faked (Ward Sisters, #2)
  • Highlander's Reckoning (Sinclair Brothers Trilogy, #3)
  • Highlander's Return (Sinclair Brothers Trilogy #2.5)
  • The Deal (Arranged Series #1)
Kam McKellar writes fun, sexy, romantic novellas. She has a thing for sweets, accents, kilts, and men in uniform. She hopes to one day inherit her very own castle from a previously unbeknownst to her relative. Nothing wrong with dreaming big! :D

Author Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KamMcKellar....

The MacLarens of Balmorie (5 books)
  • Mad About Plaid (MacLarens of Balmorie, #1)
  • A Scot Like You (MacLarens of Balmorie, #2)
  • Any Scot of Mine (The MacLarens of Balmorie, #4)
  • Once Upon A Time In Scotland (The MacLarens of Balmorie Book 5)