Start by marking “The Forbidden Religion” as Want to Read:
The Forbidden Religion

The Forbidden Religion

Gnosis means knowledge. But we are not referring to just any knowledge. Gnosis is knowledge which produces a great transformation in those who receive it. Knowledge capable of nothing less than waking up man and helping him to escape from the prison in which he finds himself. That is why Gnosis has been so persecuted throughout the course of history, because it is knowledg ...more
Published June 4th 2012 (first published April 19th 2007)

David Crawford
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A short masterpiece. I can't understand anyone who is interested in Gnostic thought even reading this book in the first place and if those who are rate this poorly they understand little.

This is a fabulous book, a book which instantly spoke to me far beyond hypothetical debate and direct to one's Spirit. If you wish to 'fast track' to the heart of Man in a mere 113 pages, then this is you.

The author doesn't bother with such things such a tribalist sectarianism or other delusions of Mankind, he
Aleta
I don't know how representative this is of Gnosticism, but what is presented here is conspiracy theory on a supernatural level.
Brian Peterson
Feb 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I gave this book three stars due to its informative presentation of the extremeties to which gnosticism can go. It is apparent that the author is an ardent modern day gnostic and a believer in Luciferian thought (i.e., Yahweh is the evil creator god, Lucifer is a Messenger of Light, and Jesus is also a Messenger of Light). Some may find this book to be disturbing and as such I would not recommend it to everyone. In chapter 22, the author summarizes the three questions and their associated answer ...more
Nikki
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this on my kindle....it was a page turner....much different from the indocturnation I received as a child.
Cory Hull
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well said!

Thank you for this! This was such an intriguing read. I have finally learned, what was needed to know. Know I can defeat the demiurge!
Cathy
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting material.
Andrew Savage
Aug 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Interesting read.

I just recently began studying the Gnostic religion, and I find it to be a very intriguing dogma, despite that some of the metaphors, and other rhetoric, found throughout Gnostic scripture are either dead metaphors or translate poorly into today's tongues (for examples see the Gospel of Thomas).
In learning of Mr. Aragon's interpretations of Gnosis, it was easy to understand and inspired me to continue further studies and research.
The vocabulary used in this book is also import
Bob
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction, religion
This was a fairly interesting book. It presents complex ideas in an easy to understand way. Even though there's a lot i disagree with in the book, it was interesting to read. The book basically is about Gnosticism, or at least the author's interpretation of what that entails. I've read enough about Gnostics and i've read some of their texts, to know that he doesn't represent all of gnosticism any more than Billy Graham represents all christians. He's merely giving his interpretation of what he b ...more
Denise ✨
Repite muchas veces las ideas principales en vez de fundamentarlas ampliamente. Lo cual resulta cansador y aburrido para las personas "más abiertas" y qué tienen más conocimiento sobre este tema. Intenta incesable e indebidamente proponer su teoría sobre cualquier otra. No es objetiva con respecto a lo establecido como "gnosis". Ideal como introducción para personas muy cristianas y que no poseen conocimiento sobre teología.
Chronics
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Had some interesting concepts and ideas but too much of the book was contradictory and didn't make sense. For instance criticizing God for death and destruction but then saying that his arch enemy "The Unknown God" cant stand the materialism of this world and so wants to destroy it. Worth reading if you have the time.
Atzin
Dec 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
It reads in a dialectic fashion but it spoke to the heart of many of the concepts I had developed when I was growing up. Id take it with a grain of salt since I have no knowledge of who is the man behind these words . Still food for thought.
Tonya Tangerine
Its hard for a Beatles fan to rap their head around "Love is not the answer"........if the Creator-God is about Love and the Unknown-God is not.......I am not for certain I can get on the Unknown God bandwagon.
Anna
Bwahahaha! That was one of the silliest most pompous books I have ever opened. It made absolutely no sense; it was written like a cross between a bible and an apology. It was an amazon free read for a good reason
⊥
Lexi
Jun 11, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Your Cat: Simple New Secrets to a Longer, Stronger Life
  • Visualization for Weight Loss: The Gabriel Method Guide to Using Your Mind to Transform Your Body
  • Dr. John Lee's Hormone Balance Made Simple: The Essential How-to Guide to Symptoms, Dosage, Timing, and More
  • Dr. Lancer's Anti-Aging Method: The Breakthrough 3-Step Program for Younger Looking Skin
  • This Is Why You're Sick and Tired: (And How to Look and Feel Amazing)
  • Oil Pulling Therapy: Detoxifying and Healing the Body Through Oral Cleansing
  • Playing the Matrix: A Program for Living Deliberately and Creating Consciously
  • Herbal Antibiotics: Natural Alternatives for Treating Drug Resistant Bacteria (Storey Medicinal Herb Guide)
  • Mystic Christianity
  • The Scribbled Victims
  • Secret Societies And Subversive Movements
  • American Civil War: A History From Beginning to End (Fort Sumter, Abraham Lincoln, Jefferson Davis, Confederacy, Emancipation Proclamation, Battle of Gettysburg)
  • Stalin's Folly: The Tragic First Ten Days of WWII on the Eastern Front
  • Happy Ever Afterlife Part 2 (Afterlife saga Book 9)
  • Secret societies: a discussion of their character and claims
  • Hurt (Alexa O'Brien, Huntress #10.5)
  • The Fourth Way
  • Einstein's Miraculous Year
“Primordial Gnosis is knowledge, wisdom. That is the meaning of the word Gnosis: knowledge. But we are not just referring to any knowledge here. Gnosis is very special knowledge. It is knowledge that causes a great transformation in those who receive it. Knowledge capable of nothing less than waking up and Spiritually liberating those who acquire it. That is its purpose: to throw light on the status of human beings and to try to wake up man and help him escape from the prison in which he finds himself.” 0 likes