Start by marking “Delivering Happiness” as Want to Read:
Delivering Happiness

Delivering Happiness

In his first comic book, Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh shares the different lessons he has learned in business and life, from starting a worm farm to running a pizza business; through LinkExchange (acquired by Microsoft for $265 million), Zappos (acquired by Amazon for over $1 billion in stock), and more.
Kindle Edition
Published March 16th 2012 by Round Table Comics (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Delivering Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delivering Happiness

Start your review of Delivering Happiness
Alina
Note: this is the graphic version of Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose.
It is a succint presentation of what surely must be largely presented in the actual book.
As it is, it lacks fluency and details, it seemed to me just a gathering of photos and ideas extracted from the book and just put here..
Tô Trung
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
An intrepid life. Great pieces of writing on the first half however fall into describing too much about the company on the other half therefore becoming dull and too much business-like.
Engputer Young
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a fascinating book that made me and my employees quit from Ingle Games, a stupid leader with awful decisions making.

We want to do things that can make us proud.
Bee Halton
Aug 12, 2015 rated it liked it
#amreading hmmm not sure what to think of it. A lot he says rings true to me but in the end it always feels like its only about making money. They just put a sugar coat of happiness on it.
Fahasa
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Pay brand-new employees $2,000 to quit *Make customer service the responsibility of the entire company-not just a department *Focus on company culture as the no.1 priority *Apply research from the science of happiness to running a business *Help employees grow-both personally and professionally *Seek to change the world *Oh, and make money too ...Sound crazy? It's all standard operating procedure at Zappos, the online retailer that's doing over $1 billion in gross merchandise sales annually.

Richard Angelus
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I never heard of Zappos 2-3 years ago. As far as I can remember, I might have read a sentence or two about this unique company in the many books that I read in my entire life (well of course, since I’m really interested in entrepreneur and business books only last year). I never bought any shoes from Zappos. I was clueless to who Tony Hsieh is. In short, to be honest, I never thought that I will finish reading this book and enjoying it!

As my learning habit, to maximize my understanding, along
Vy Hoong
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
For me, the book delivers 2 major things. Firstly, it opens my eyes to see how difficult and struggle it is to maintain and build a business leading to a self-awakened that every hardship needs a strong will and steep mindset to conquer with the hardship till the end. Secondly, Tony is a typical leader who not just has the nerve to do kick himself to start everything, but also the one who cares about his followers - has been working for Zappos for years with the same vision/goals and internal ...more
Salman Ali Ehsan
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an inspring read from the frounder of Zappos Tony, written and read by himself explaining what lead him to it and what made him successful individually and Zappos as a business, when both were going through a mountain of challanges.

I am starting my project and Tony has given me a head start and told me what I should be expecting ahead, and more importantly he has established my expectations what I need to be successful. Thank you!
Mihai Pavel
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice philosophy don't aplies fully in second world countries with weak and fake economic system

It took me a long time to finish this illustrated book. I enjoy more the hard copy books because the iPad is not so useful for me. I cried closed to the end. Good and kind people I don't have in my country to understand that type of business. only in civilized and first world countries with real economic system you can implement this philosophies live and work styles.
Roseanne
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So great. Loved RTC version of this book even though I

Started out with a wanting to read the text-book version of this book. But I sure am glad that I still gave this a go, albeit after a delay. Better late than never! And boy does that pull through solid on this count.
Heather Morrison
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice introduction to get me excited to read the actual Delivering Happiness book. Tony is an inspirational person who appears to be doing everything he can to make the work place and the world a better place. I always feel motivated after reading stories like his.
monisha
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice Story telling. Great experience shared in simple way.

Its a book that narrates some great experience in a very simple way. Company Culture and Customer focus made them unicorn indeed.
Martijn Reintjes
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business, audio-books
It's always inspiring to hear someones journey and Tony has had a very interesting one.
What is especially inspiring is that he has always stayed very much true to himself, something I always try to do as well.

Tony reads the audio book version himself, which gives an extra depth to his story.
Brian Budd
Dec 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This dude is very obviously crazy
Vaibhav Kapoor
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Actually makes you happier

Short yet detailed. Happy vibes
Success journey in simplified form.
Graphics are quite engaging.
Inspirational and thought provoking stuff indeed
Kristian Strauss
A rather interesting adaptation showing the success of zappos, and tips to improve business,
James Pinola
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They should make a movie about Tony's life.
JLo Tran
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I will deliver happiness in my life and then step by step I will apply different points of this book to make the future successfull.
Vu Duc Tuyen
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this is a good book, the book talk about "how to get the best customer service?", corporate culture
晨之 金
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read the original book 2 years ago. This graphic novel version helped me remember the core values from the book.
Zohar - ManOfLaBook.com
Apr 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits Passion and Purpose by Tony Hsieh is a shortened, graphic version of the famous book by the successful entrepreneur. Tony is the CEO of Zappos, an online shoe seller.

Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits Passion and Purpose by Tony Hsieh is a wonderful graphic adaptation of the book and certainly brings out the main points across. As with many good business books, this one also left me with ideas on how to implement what I learned at my job.

Tony is an
Lakshmi
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As someone who is very interested in organizational cultures, I found Hsieh's philosophy and approach to customer service, employees, and his firm in general convincing. Its a quick but engaging read (I finished it in under 6 hours). There is a lot of buzz around the word "culture" and its one of those overused, overhyped, but poorly defined 'management' terms. More importantly, culture seems easy to create but much harder to sustain over the long term as firms scale up. Hsieh takes the reader ...more
Michelle Johnson
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I would have never thought I could get so much valuable information from an 80 page comic book, but this comic was packed with great ideas! This easy to read, illustrated version of Tony Hsieh’s full version book Delivering Happiness, is a summary of his successes and failures from his first worm farm venture, to the amazing success of the online shoe store, Zappos.

The book summarizes the lessons that Tony and a group of his friends learned, about business, customer service and the importance
Rizzyvoe
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick and surprisingly engaging.

I thought the chance to purchase on of the business world's must read books in graphic novel form would be a novel idea. Turns out I read the whole thing in one setting. I don't know if the book itself have more detail, but I loved how engaged I was. I realized it was because I really wanted to know how people succeed. And then at un-forewarned moments the book would throw an insightful nugget in the mix and inspire you to change your whole method to becoming
Sarah Goodwin
I really enjoyed Tony Hsieh's book, "Delivering Happiness." It inspired me as a recruiter. Zappos's company culture resonates with me and I was inspired make suggestions for my recruiting team. I agree with Zappos's concept that when you have employees with matching core values they are more likely to thrive within the company, build strong relationships with like minded coworkers, and potentially increase their longevity with the company.

Additionally, I have been taking a social psychology
Marcey Rader
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I read it after reading so many references in Stan Phelps goldfish series books. More CEOs need to think like Tony. Companies say they put employees or customers first, but Tony really does it. His work, attitude and quest to deliver happiness to Zappos customers is inspiring. Even if you aren't a shopper or business owner, this book is great.
I listened to the audio version, which is read by Tony himself. I liked that personal touch. I also liked the transparency he brought
Alfiero  Santarelli
Dec 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Entertaining. Tony Hsieh does not exactly look like the descriptions you get of him from news and reports, so this may be "Hsieh as Hsieh sees himself". In a way he and his narration are very naif, always giving the impression that everything is coming to him by pure chance and almost undeserved. Hard to believe in the challenging world of US startups...
Let's say it's a "classic" American motivational book and that should give quite a precise idea.
Probably reading it in graphic novel format was
Christina
May 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Honestly I'm not much into business / marketing / self-help books, because I think they exacerbate the stigma against mental health issues. They seem to be like "Everyone can and should make themselves happy. If you're not, you're just doing it wrong."

But point aside, I got this book as a gift, and I enjoyed the simplicity of the message delivered as a comic. It made it less overbearing, and as a story about Tony Hsieh, it was a fun, quick read.
Christine
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
great. great story. great transparency.

the writing had a few forgivable bumps, but otherwise, I'd highly recommend it to anyone to whom: business, corporate social responsibility, purpose driven life... resonates with. not to mention anyone who: hates their job, wants more from their office, desires something greater from their career...

the book went very fast and was interesting the entire time.
Prati
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
An amazing and daring journey by Tony! This book is such an inspiration that I even asked my 12 year old to read it as he often talks about being a child prodigy. It's happiness in true sense and success with real struggles. I loved reading every bit of it and feel fully inspired to turn my dreams in to a reality.

• 7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness: Power Ideas from America's Foremost Business Philosopher
  • Ta ba lô trên đất Á
  • The Way of the White Clouds
  • Tìm lại sự tự tin đã mất
  • Bức Xúc Không Làm Ta Vô Can
  • ÔNG TRĂM TUỔI TRÈO QUA CỬA SỔ VÀ BIẾN MẤT: Tiểu thuyết chọn lọc
  • Influence: Science and Practice: The Comic
  • Cà Phê Cùng Tony
  • Tuổi Trẻ Đáng Giá Bao Nhiêu
  • Six Pillars of Self-Esteem
  • 微微一笑很倾城 (A Slight Smile is Very Charming)
  • Tôi Là Bêtô
  • أين نذهب يا بابا؟
  • Last Night I Dreamed of Peace: The Diary of Dang Thuy Tram
  • Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter
  • Organizational Culture Change: Unleashing Your Organization's Potential in Circles of 10
  • Get the Life You Love and Live It
  • The Lean Six SIGMA Pocket Toolbook: A Quick Reference Guide to Nearly 100 Tools for Improving Quality and Speed: A Quick Reference Guide to 70 Tools for Improving Quality and Speed
In 1999, at the age of twenty-four, Tony Hsieh (pronounced Shay) sold LinkExchange, the company he cofounded, to Microsoft for $265 million. He then joined Zappos as an adviser and investor, and eventually became CEO. He helped Zappos grow from almost nothing to over $1 billion in gross merchandise sales annually, while simultaneously making Fortune magazine’s annual “Best Places to Work For” ...more