Start by marking “The Enchantress of Lynniah” as Want to Read:
The Enchantress of Lynniah

The Enchantress of Lynniah

Have you ever come across a vain, impetuous little creature called a Mandie, and had to quickly dodge one of her poisonous darts? Or, have you ever imagined having to sing to a fruit to get it to peel open? Perhaps you've bumped into freakishly large, blue men, called Dreads? Yes. I said 'blue'. And maybe the pet you have always wanted is a fluffy purple ball with large bu ...more
Kindle Edition, 1, 286 pages
Published November 11th 2013 by Amazon (first published January 1st 2013)

Eric Buffington
The Enchantress of Lynniah is a fantasy novel set in times of horse drawn carriages. The book follows three sisters who have recently lost their mother and move in with their aunt. While living with her, they find that the flowers, plants, animals and pretty much everything around them has magic properties.

Their aunt suddenly leaves for an unexpected trip and they are left with a family friend, her two sons, and very little answers as to what kind of world they have entered. When one of the girl
Rhonda
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it

4 STARS

This is full of magic, invisible man, full of fantasy creatures some good, some bad and a battle of good and evil. The sisters having lost their mother travel to stay with their Aunt Rainee in Lynniah.

They find out that a lot has been hidden from them to keep them safe. The village is bewitched. The butterflies talk to them,
Their is even a fruit that you have to sing for it to open for you to eat. The three sisters are close to each other.

It is full of wonder, danger, drama, romance.
Laurie
First off let me say that I am certainly not in the target demographic for this book. I am a grandma and this book is written primarily for younger readers. I was drawn to read this book because I love “Hobbit type” fantasies with great characters and lots of adventure. This book did not disappoint me. I enjoyed it, and found I actually read it quite a bit slower than is the norm for me because I was captured by the beauty and flow of the words.

There were several times, however; when I became ex
Katie W
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Corrah is a sister who has a surprising destiny in life, yet she isn't at all conceited about it. She's very stubborn, adventurous, and caring. I would love to have her for a sister, although I love the ones I have. I think after the first time that I was hurt, I would be hiding out in my house, but not Corrah. I love a strong character! Gaela and Stormy, the other sisters, are pretty brave, too, especially Stormy. When Corrah unlocks a secret about their recently deceased mother's past, it real ...more
Dawn
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

If you like fantasies, you'll like The Enchantress of Lynniah. It is set in a magical world with interesting creatures. It's not only a fantasy but it has romance, mystery, and adventure.

The characters are well developed and each is unique in their own way. The main character, Corrah, is strong and independent. She and her sisters are all quite different but complement each other well.

A.L. Bawden's descriptions are vivid and you almost fee
Mbondare
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. I had a difficult time putting down the book once I started. It was an easy read, perfect for a read at the end of a busy day. Lovely story about family, doing the right thing, a little romance, good vs. evil, and of course magic. Nice message in the story, would recommend. Bummed that I cannot find the sequel promised at the end of the kindle edition. Must not have been published yet. I am waiting!
Marianne
I started to read this book but soon realized that it wasn't really my type of book, and that it was obviously geared to young adults/teens. So I gave the book to my daughters who happily accepted it; one of them has started it already and I'm sure they will both enjoy reading this book.
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read for the young reader. It was full of adventure, reminded me a bit of Fablehaven with the fun characters introduced throughout he story and the forces of good and evil that abound within the story. Thanks to the author for graciously giving me a copy! Great debut! Bravo!
Emma
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome! It stayed with me for days, I kept thinking about all the characters. I can't wait for the sequel!
Jessica
Carol Savoy-fox
Heather Baker
Bonnie
  • A New Threat
  • Matt Archer: Bloodlines (Matt Archer #4)
  • The Year of Four (Phoebe Pope, #1)
  • Jack Templar and the Lord of the Vampires (The Templar Chronicles, #3)
  • The Perpetual Rain (The Chronicles of Trellah, #1)
  • Earth Blend (Blend Trilogy #2)
  • Dead Light
  • The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)
  • Upload
  • Chasing Midnight (The Dark of Night, #2)
  • Strange Places (Finding Tayna, #1)
  • Shadow Eyes (Shadow Eyes, #1)
  • Spell Fire
  • Hound's Bite (Ivy Granger, #5)
  • The Way of the Black Beast (The Malja Chronicles, #1)
  • Savage Magic (Shifty Magic #3)
  • Darlin' Druid (Texas Druid, #1)
  • The Newstead Project
A.L. Bawden was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah, into a large family of artists. Her father is a renowned sculptor -(Dee Jay Bawden), and her mother was an ingenious crafter, interior decorator, and seamstress. She has siblings that are sculptors, photographers, painters, cake decorators, tattoo artists, film makers, and crafters. She and a couple of her sisters have also had a successful ...more