Start by marking “Sara in Montana (Second Chances #1)” as Want to Read:
Sara in Montana (Second Chances #1)

Sara in Montana

(Second Chances #1)

Sara in Montana – A young married woman torn between love & fear, trust & doubt and a desire for revenge. Will she make the right choice?

What happens when a California girl in the middle of a crisis meets a Montana guy?

Sara wished for a husband for Christmas this year and then married her boss. Now she is running for her life from him with a warrant out for her arrest
Published January 16th 2014 by Changing Culture Publications (first published November 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sara in Montana, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sara in Montana

Start your review of Sara in Montana (Second Chances #1)
Trish
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
I do not understand these high reviews. This came off as a very amateur story in desperate need of an editor: there were several places in the Kindle version that were missing words (and one place that is missing a few paragraphs! - location 552)

It's a clean story and hints at Christian themes, although there is no mention of the characters having a personal faith.

But to sum up: Sara marries her boss after a whirlwind romance, then overhears some things, realizes that she's gotten herself into d
Victoria
3.50 RATING- So what's a trashy girl like me doing reading a nice book like this? An accident, I swear =) I didn't realize when I downloaded this freebie that it was a clean romance with Christian overtones or I would have skipped over it. I just happen to enjoy my books a bit on the dirty side. Still, the woman on the run storyline and shorter length pulled me in and the book ended up being okay. I'm just going to mark this as read and move on to my normal smut!

Just a note, I didn't feel that t
Cindy
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
What a disappointment, I have a lot of free kindle books by this author but it was boring! Might try 1 more but thinking I will delete them all.
Catherine
Jan 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book was a struggle in spite of it's short length (as evidenced by the fact that it took me so long to read). It was really hard to read considering the near constant head-hopping. We'd start out a scene from one character, then two paragraphs later jump into the head of the other character, then a paragraph later jump into another character... ad nauseum. It was REALLY hard to keep characters straight because of this.

Second of all, the plot was pretty terrible. It had the potential to be i
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sara in Montana was a nice, clean romance story with a good story behind it. I was able to picture both Sara and Trent very well and they were very likable characters. I enjoyed the writing style and the pace of the book. There were a couple parts in the story that I thought if written a little differently it could have been better but I am glad I read it. Overall I really enjoyed this book. This was the first book by Morris Fenris that I have read and I look forward to reading more of his books ...more
Laurie
Nov 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet, a bit of a stretch in the story, something to relax with. It didn't make me want to read the other books in the series, which I always do when I fall in love with a story, story teller, or character. ...more
Terry Silva
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is absolutely a fantastic book, I am looking forward to the rest of the books in this set. This is the first book I have read by Morris Fenris. I guess I thought men couldn't write good romance stories but I am sure glad that I was wrong. I told my sister about this author and we went and bought 6 boxed sets of his books plus a single. We read pretty much the same books because we enjoy talking about the books after we read them and we both loved this book. ...more
LadyCalico
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
On the plus side this was a clean...something. It wasn't a romance because there was too little realism for it to be about actual relationships between actual people...more like a fairy tale or childhood Barbie fantasy where everything turns out magically perfect, perfect, perfect. It didn't start out too badly but really got worse and worse as it went along and by the time the ending nears, silliness started rushing in at an almost breathless rate. There was a lot of internal inconsistency, lik ...more
Kara
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“Sara in Montana” is a touching novel about love, overcoming obstacles, and celebrating the spirit of Christmas.

On the run from an abusive husband and feeling sick and exhausted, Sara stops for cough medicine at a store in Castle Peaks, Montana. And this one detour changes everything. At the store, Sara meets the town sheriff, and through him, eventually ends up with a safe place to stay, and the knowledge that her husband is more dangerous than she ever imagined.

“Sara in Montana” is a great lo
Nancy Stopper
Aug 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I could get past the first chapter. The authors switches points of view about ten times in the first chapter between about 4 characters, sometimes for only a paragraph at a time. I could not stay with the story for trying to figure out whose thoughts I was hearing.
Ronnae Stately
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second Chances are alway good

Sara was running as fast as she could away from a man she hadn’t realized until it was too late was pure evil. Trent was the Sheriff of his home town after he finished training at the FBI headquarters in Quantico. These two young people ran into each other by coincidence when Sara stopped to get some cough medicine for a bad cold she had caught. Trent just happened to be in the drug store and noticed a young woman coming in dressed entirely in the wrong clothes for w
Ivy
"Magic... Hope! It's whats Christmas is all about"
Sometimes when I read an overly dramatic story and become emotionally involved I think of "why can't there be a book where everyone is happy and everything runs smooth?!" - Well here it is, full of love and joy. And I don't like it.

A newlywed bride on the run from her husband/boss. A small town and the sheriff himself become her shelter. All kind of drug business and the FBI involved.
A promising idea but every problem is just easily solved, th
Joan
I had huge problems with this story. Jane's background was so confused that I simply gave up wondering who she was - She was married to a man who was ( aren't they all??) killed in Afghanistan and 'his parents had offered her a home after the funeral' implying that the unnamed husband's parents had offered her a home - totally logical. Then it turns out that Trent's mother had 'welcomed her sister into their home and made her part of the family' ???? I thought Jane was the daughter in law??

THE
J. Florence
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sara leaves California because of a complicated marriage. The book starts as Sara is running away, and finds herself in Castle Peaks, Montana, sick and snow everywhere. She needs medicine and stops at a service station to get some.
Trent, the sheriff of Castle Peaks just happens to be at the service station. He runs her license plates only to find the car has been reported stolen.
He takes her to a doctor, then home with him to stay with him and his aunt until she recovers.

There is a mystery to
Robin
Nov 10, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Fairly Pleasant Story

I have mixed feelings about this book. What I liked about it - 1. Clean with minimal profanity, 2. Interesting characters, 3. A valiant effort at plot. What I had trouble with - 1. The timeline confused me in places, as well as some details about the characters, 2. A few actions were so inconsistent with the job the hero had, 3. Several slips on the technical side including wrong word used, misspelling typos, and repetition of specific words from one sentence to the next.
Jackie
Oct 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though there’s nothing really mentioned about religion or Christianity, but this is a clean read that has a feel of some Religious type books. It also has a Christmas wish type vibe to it. The story had potential to be better. The flow was a bit stop & go. The whole thing felt rushed ( from the beginning to the end) & wistfully unbelievable. The problems all solved too easily & they fell in love to easily for both being such cautious daters in their past. Both characters are likable. The wording ...more
Mrskron
Dec 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Not Christian Fiction

I thought there was a good story. Lighter weight is fine for me. But it showed up as a suggestion for a Christian Fiction book, and didn't end up that way. People are mostly pure and wholesome, but tongue with kissing isn't generally a Christian Fiction standard. That was my first clue. Still, a romance dealing with Christmas... even had a nativity scene.
Cynthia
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great

She's running from bad guys and ends up sick and cold in the middle of a snow storm in Montana. He is the sheriff and trained by the FBI to help with there safe house. He ends up helping her in more than one way and she ends up helping a wonderful lady and falling for the sheriff.
Taylor
Dec 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-goal
This was a quick and enjoyable read. Oh, and if you don't know, this girl is beautiful. The whole town thinks so. As you can tell, that is my biggest peeve. The main plot kind of ended before we even knew it and the writing was a little juvenile for my taste. But it was still good and very quick to read. ...more
Jean
Nov 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: library
Ok

This was an ok book but only about 61% of this is the actual book the rest is a few chapters of the next 2 books. While a Christmas story I found it lacking with a little more action.
Debbie Scott
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Christmas Magic

Beautiful love story, with some amazing characters. This story delivered on the Christmas spirit. Sara showed her heart in her willingness to help the Mercers' debilitating disease. No spoiler here other than how much your book was enjoyed. Thank you, Danny Scott.
Della Raines
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Knowing when to get out of town!

This story is refreshing because even though Sara was running away from danger, she chose to trust someone to help her. This probably saved her life. The book was well written and heart warming.
tina
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Easy read. Kinda lame and sappy. Not real life

Meh... Too cheesy for me. The first half was better than the end of the book. No desire to read a similar title or book by same author

Bernard Holler
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Christmas time love story set in beautiful Montana

Sara on the run from her new husband falls for Sheriff Trent in a small town in Montana. Unbelievable twists and turns bring about a happy ending for Sara and the sheriff.
Lisa
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
😊

She’s running from her husband or should I say ex because she has filed for an annulment. He’s looking to quiet her forever once she finds out his true business but now she must hide but how will she protect her family especially when she gets sick.
Judith M. Seale
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Book

This is a very interesting book. I like how the author had some romance and some suspense in this book. The two keeps you interested and wanting to keep reading. Looking forward to the next book in this series.
CHERYL
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was very entertaining and put the reader in the middle of the story. The words made the characters come to life.

I chose this rating because the book kept the reader wanting more. You found yourself invested in the characters' lives.
Courtney
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
I don't know if it's just because I had such a connection to a previously read book, or if I just am not in the mood for a novel such as this one- but I did not feel the pull to this novel that I normally do when I am reading a new novel. I will definitely have to try again later. ...more
Marilyn Ruguleiski
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not enough substance

I did not enjoy this book. The characters were not developed and the story was trite. I live in Montana and I don’t believe there is a town in this state like the one described in the book.
Susan
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A free read

I'm so glad I read this book !! heartwarming, wonderful read after the holidays,& busy new year .. thank u Susie Y
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Texas Cowboy's Protection
  • The Little White Christmas Lie
  • The Helicopter Pilot's Bride (Brides & Beaches Romance #1)
  • One Kind Heart (One Kind Deed Series, #1)
  • A Wish for Christmas
  • A Doctor's Promise (Lifeline Air Rescue #1)
  • A Lindstrom Christmas: Two Small-Town Holiday Romances (The Lindstroms, #1-2)
  • Forever Dreams (Montana Brides, #1)
  • Brunswick Bay Harbor Gems: Shattered Diamonds / Shining Pearls / Shimmering Emeralds (Brunswick Bay Harbor Gems, #1-3)
  • Aspen Ridge Box Set: Books 1-3
  • Christmas Sisters (Soul Sisters at Cedar Mountain Lodge, #1)
  • Let Me Be the One (Let Me #1)
  • Her Billionaire Cowboy (Texas Ranch Romance #1)
  • Marshmallows & Mistletoe (A Wilton Hills Christmas, #1)
  • Fractured (Southern Alphas, #2)
  • Her Best Match (The Best Girls, #1)
  • The Sheriff's Christmas Angels (Texas Lawmen, #4)
  • Silver Bells (Rivers End Romance)

Second Chances (6 books)
  • California Dreams (Second Chances Trilogy #2)
  • New Beginnings (Second Chances Trilogy #3)
  • Second Time Around (Second Chances #4)
  • Waiting for Love's Return (Second Chances #5)
  • Love's Healing Power: A Christian Romance (Second Chances Series #6)