Start by marking “Love Quakes Boxed Set (Love Quakes, #1-4)” as Want to Read:
Love Quakes Boxed Set (Love Quakes, #1-4)

Love Quakes Boxed Set

(Love Quakes #1-4)

We fell in love while trapped in an elevator during an earthquake. Tristan, CEO of a successful San Diego data processing firm, comforted me after I'd hit my head. He seemed entranced with clumsy old me, Joanna. My psychology degree from SDSU was being conferred in a few days and I needed a job. A whole new life is what I got instead. We faced a few obstacles along the ...more
Published November 20th 2013 by Luxor Press (first published November 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Love Quakes Boxed Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Quakes Boxed Set

Start your review of Love Quakes Boxed Set (Love Quakes, #1-4)
Mar 10, 2014 rated it did not like it
Clearly a Fifty Shades of Gray inspired book... Pretty sure the wrong names were even in there sometimes. The writing was cheesy and at times painful to read. I will not be continuing on with this series and I'm disappointed at the number of books it's drawn out into. The getting stuck in an elevator bit was entertaining and clearly well-researched but the story went downhill after that.
Deanna
Mar 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014
a terrible take on fifty shades. the main character is "Tristan Grant...the author even calls him Grey at one point mistakenly. I had high hopes but the writing was not good and it didn't even try to veer to far away from the fifty shades story line.
Mike Billington
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Young, beautiful woman; handsome, sexy businessman; earthquake and elevator - if those sound like the perfect ingredients for a romance novel then you and I are on the same page.
J.S. Luxor's "Love Shakes: Book 1" features Joanna Prime, a young woman just about to graduate from college with a degree in psychology, and Tristan Grant, the owner of a private security company where she hopes to get a job. Things do not go all that well in the beginning, at least from her point of view, but Mother
Lance Morcan
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it

Recommended reading for the young at heart

This was my first venture into a Young Adult read since I was…well…a young adult. And I wasn’t disappointed.

I was immediately caught up in Joanna and Tristan’s relationship from their first meeting, which just happened to be in a lift during an earthquake! Things could only get better from that shaky moment onwards. Or could they?

As the series’ (full) title suggests, Love Quakes takes the reader through four stages of a relationship and our leads’ past
Miriam Davison
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great fan of J.S. Luxor's parody books. This one is based on Joanna Prime, who after a disastrous interview for a job, gets stuck in a elevator, with the boss who interviewed her, after an earthquake. The care packages are brilliant, even including loo bags and a curtain for privacy. The two inhabitants of the lift, have a mutual attraction, but also have many insecurities and they begin to delve into them during their entrapment. I especially love Joanne's superego, whom she names Sue, and ...more
Sue
May 09, 2014 added it
I cant even give it 1 star. I don't think I can finish this set of books..I read the first one thinking I cant believe how bad it is but just had to start the second to see if it perhaps somehow got better...it hasnt. The writing feels like it was written by a teenager with the worst grammar. I can go on and on about the mistakes and nothing making sense and the over the top feelings they have for eachother in the first five minutes they meet but I wont its just an author I probably wont read ...more
Julie Baker
Jul 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
This is ABSOLUTE garbage! From the very first page I realized that it was a rip off of 50 Shades of Grey. It was horribly written and not worth continuing at all. But I did continue because it kept making me laugh out loud, to the point of tears at times, with just how stupid it really is. So here are my EXTENSIVE notes about what’s wrong with this book. Yes, I took notes. I couldn’t have possibly remembered it all otherwise!

Now down to the comparisons, men first… Both men are the heads of
Dawn Myers
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Book 1 This is a very quick read. I found it fun. If you are not into cliffhangers then this is not for you. I'm not even sure this is still available. This is very unbelievable but I was entertained. It is a 4 book series. If you don't have all 4 books then I would not recommend starting.

Book 2 I'm really not liking this series, it moves way to slow for me. I will finish the series because I'm stubborn and like to finish what I start. I really can't stand Tristan he is just to needed for me. I
Rhoda D'Ettore
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
I need to start off by saying that this is not my usual genre. I never read Twilight or 50 Shades, and I do not read much YA or new adult. As other reviewers said, those genres seem a little immature... but they are supposed to be. Teens and 20 somethings ARE immature, and the world could seem like it is ending over something trivial for that reason. So someone commenting in a review that the characters are immature is almost redundant in my opinion. As with most YA & NA, this is written in ...more
Dorel
Apr 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
This is the 1st books I read by J.S. Luxor. I stopped reading this book at chapter 4 because the girl in this story sounded like she only cared about the attraction she had to the guy. Me as the reader would think the girl should have been terrified that she's not only trapped in an elevator but in an elevator in an earthquake. This story so unbelievable & corny.
Tami Urbanek
Mar 09, 2014 marked it as started-not-finished
I have tried several times to get through this one, I just simply can not!! I was not able to connect with either of the characters.. the "relationship" felt forced, I mean honestly they are "together" for what like 3 weeks and they are in counselling?!?!?!? the whole time she seems to looking for a reason to get out, and just wants someone to agree with her!?!?!? sorry J.S.
Selenity Jade (Coffee Addicts Book Reviews)
A huge DNF for me. Immature dialogue, silly responses, and the fact this is labeled YOUNG adult when it was clearly new adult, made me quit this one before I finished a chapter. Not to mention, these aren't books. Or heck, barely qualify as novellas.
Sue Sparks
Dec 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Not the most original books, more like a Young Adult version of Fifty Shades. As the last two books finished there were some definite themes that differentiate this series but I took a chance on a Young Adult genre I don't normally read.
Alexis Apodaca
Apr 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL - 50 Shades inspired and worse writing than 50 shades. Ugh! Couldn't finish after "book" 2 once I saw all the similarities and mistakes.
Liz
Nov 26, 2014 added it
um I could only read until she shared her protein bars and mentioned how deadly prepared
Stacy Brown
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
The writing was in a painful narrative semi third person style. I will say storyline was cute but typical. This book is nothing like 50 shades. Not sure if that is where the author was leading.
Diane Jagels
May 05, 2016
Kristi
Jul 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

• London Soul (London Royal #2)
  • Cruel Love
  • Nicolai Powerful: An Over The Top Alpha Powerful older man younger woman insta-love romance (Bad Russian Book 6)
  • The Redeemer (Scarlett Bell #10)
  • Can't Forget You (Cottonmouth, #3)
  • Take Warning: A Victor Loshak Novella
  • Break the Rules (Loveless Brothers #3)
  • Grits in the Graveyard (Witch Hazel Lane Mysteries Book 1)
  • Fool's Gold (Cottonmouth, #2)
  • Mischa Dominant: An Over The Top Alpha Dominant older man younger woman insta-love romance (Bad Russian Book 5)
  • She's Gotta Be Mine (Cottonmouth #1)
  • Mad Love
  • London Royal (London Royal, #1)
  • Just a King
Loves to write MF romance tomes. Enjoys parody as well as fishing with mermaids. Favorite stories are about love lost and rekindled.