Start by marking “The Farmer's Wife (Luchettis Brothers #1)” as Want to Read:
The Farmer's Wife (Luchettis Brothers #1)

The Farmer's Wife (Luchetti Brothers #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  958 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
Kim Luchetti couldn't get away fast enough from the Illinois farm she grew up on - and from boyfriend Brian Riley.

Now she's back. Her father is ailing, and so is Brian - after his first sight of Kim causes him to tumble off a barn roof and break his wrists!

Kim's guilt over their complicated past, as well as her part in his accident, keeps her from abandoning him again. She

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Superromance #1099, 304 pages
Published December 1st 2002 by Harlequin Superromance

To ask other readers questions about The Farmer's Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Farmer's Wife

Tia
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
I didn't really care for the novel, there was too many variables and definitely too many characters involved in this novel. My head was spinning. Also Kim's fears were beyond silly and then all of a sudden she thinks everything will be okay and she's going to be a farmer.. yeah OK!
San-Dee Keefner
Jessica Peveler
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute new series by Lori Handeland. What I really enjoyed about this book was the dual love stories of the main characters and the Luchetti parents. Sweet romance that is non-erotic. Fun, easy read for lounging around the summer.

For those who have complaints about predictability, sappy dialogue, or setting up a new series....romance may not be the genre for you.

Great quote from the book: "Her life, which had turned out exactly as she’d planned, was not at all as she’d hoped—"
Jackie
As a long time fan of several paranormal series penned by author Lori Handeland this was a change of style that was interesting and I enjoyed meeting the Luchetti family.

The cast of characters were very relatable, the second chance romances were nicely balanced for both couples and the resolution of past hurts beautiful to behold.

Very nice start to a family oriented series that shows great promise.
Timothy Hendricks
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book very much. My favorite quote of the book is, "The wind had smelled of spring in the heart of the autumn. Rain, new grass, roses and ... "Hope" she said. The wind had smelled of hope. She opened her eyes." "The answer came on the wind and this time there was no question. Hope lived in the air." The last paragraph of the last chapter prior to the Epilog was beautiful. I liked this book so much I plan to read the next book in the series, "The Daddy Quest."

There were several stor
Gail
Jul 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Kim Luchetti is the only girl in a family with 5 boys and she's also the baby of the family. None of the brothers like her and they all call her the princess. Kim is favored by her dad, but doesn't get along with her mom. The family farm is in Illinois and the author makes farm life realistic. Kim hates farm life and even though she's madly in love with her high school sweetheart, Brian, she leaves as soon as her senior year is finished. She stays away for 8 years and only comes back because her ...more
Sylvia Joseph
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Young Love

A beautiful love story one for all ages, I loved all the ways that the author explained how Farmers lived,,the love shared and the difference of each child.Truly a great story of love from start to finish ,how the Mom and Dad didn't realize things about menopause and getting help how bodies change, health issues, and most of all true young love with death , and every lasting love for many years , loved the ending, it is a must read comical , laughs, tears, and happiness . I highly reco
Paula Bothwell
The Farmer's Wife (Luchettis #1) - PG13
Violence: none
Language: <45, including deity
Sex: the h and H were a couple long ago, so premarital intimacy is referenced, but no great detail. There was a spate of body parts as arousal barometer info, but not much.

I really liked this book and I'm intrigued by other books in the series. I enjoyed the "plot B" storyline/love story, as well. I'm definitely going to continue the series.
Kathy
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Kim is coming back home because her father had a heart attack. It's been eight years since she's been home. She had never planned to come back. Something happened between her and Brian that they had never told anyone. Now how was she going to face him after running away? A good book with lots of clashes between the family. Dynamics between the large family are fun to see.
Jeanette Dundas
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good light read for a freebie. Enjoyed the family characters, but the heroine seemed immature in her handling the situation, especially after leaving home for 8 years. But I love romance and happy ending and appreciated how the hero never stopped loving her. Unrealistic, but that's what makes reading to escape reality so much fun.
Linda Johnston
Reviews

It was sad that they lost the baby, but they were young and she wasn't ready. Kim had to grow up and finally forgive herself. It was so good that true love won over everything
Rebecca
What it hinted at was obvious from the start. No need to keep trying to hide it. Beyond that it was okay, except it felt like it was trying too hard to be a lesson with all the too quick fixes. Low 3 but would try more.
Mary Kessler
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice story! Love and trials which wins??

This was a good story. I liked that it kept me wondering of the secret! Then with the revelation came truth, trust and fear conquered!
Mandy Menasco
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good Read
susan r hammond
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a book!

The Farmer's Wife. Is not the normal story line. The twists and turns make reading it a joy. The Luchettis family is one I'd love to read more about.
Pam Snell
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Such an amazing book. I had to read it because I am a Farmer's wife and the title was calling my name. I loved every minute of it.
Kathy Wong
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoy it for light reading. Like stories that don't include lots of sex and foul language.
Michelle
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excited to see what happens with the rest of the family
Amanda Brinson
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved this book!
Carole
Mar 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book is so badly written I had to speed read and skip parts. Chose the title because I am interested in farming. Nothing good to say about it and could not recommend it anyone.
Michele Lacroix
Mar 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, ebook
really enjoyed this book. liked the characters
Vevo
Mar 09, 2017 rated it liked it
A little predictable
Amy
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Enjoyable return to home town old flame
Gloriamarie
Feb 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction, contemporary
100% absolutely, completely, totally, and utterly predictable. A great big bore. Not interested in any other others in the series. Also, it seems very odd to me that the first book in a series about brothers would be about their little sister, who by definition, is not one of the brothers.
Debbie
Nov 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was good for the most part, but for it to be believable the characters had to be incredibly stupid. The main story was Brian and Kim. Brian came across as a wimp and she was a snot. They had a fling in high school and we were supposed to figure out what the break up was about. The reason was obvious. It was hard to like Kim and you had to wonder why Brian was still in love with her. There were just too many things that didn’t seem “real” to me.

**********SPOILER ALERT**********

The whole
Kathy Franklin
Brian &Kim's Story

Loved this heartwrenching story of love, loss, and life. How both Kim and Brian handled everything so differently and yet love carried them both thru the best of times and worst . Just goes to show love can concur all if you let it...
Amber Daniels
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love this book! Young girl running from past secrets, ends up back in the town that she was running from and right back into the arms of the 1st love she thought she had left behind, the night her world fell apart. Now she is finding out if she would have stayed the past 8 years might have been better. Maybe it still could if she can just stop running from the man that will forever hold her heart...Maybe it's time for all those not so buried secrets of the past to come to light.

Wonderful job on
Bonnie Blackledge
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wanted to read something light and entertaining and this book fit the bill. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it, even though it was a bit predictable. It was good to read a book that was well edited so I was not distracted by any spelling, punctuation or grammatical errors. I found myself wanting to read more than I have in the recent past.

I enjoyed this author so much that I ordered the next book in the series - The Daddy Quest - and started reading it yesterday. It was smart of the author
Michelle
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Brian and Kim. She left him years ago. He's always loved her, still does. Why? I kept asking myself, because she was just irritating! No redeeming qualities whatsoever.
Mary
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good series

Good start to a series, I enjoyed all the family drama. Very enjoyable that parents were part of the story. I could totally relate to Ellie & John. Kim's fears were totally relatable as I was a single mother. Her fears & concerns totally touched me, as I am also terrified of mice. I was screaming on my birthday back in November when I went to remove something from a sack and there was a live mouse in there. I had no way to get rid of it!! I look forward to the next book &
  • Glow in the Dark
  • The Baby Plan
  • A Home of Her Own (Dundee, Idaho, #4)
  • At Last
  • Game of Hearts  (Happily Ever After Company, #1)
  • Destiny Wears Spurs
  • The Love Of A Cowboy (Callister, #1)
  • Chill (Alaska Heat, #2)
  • Children of Ash (Meridian Six, #2)
  • Out of the Blue (Stewart Sisters, #2)
  • Mistletoe in Maine (Holiday Brides #3)
  • Demon's Vow (The Asylum Tales #3.2)
  • Legacy Forgotten (The Avalon Legacies, #1)
  • Avenging Angel
  • Once Upon a Highland Summer
  • That New York Minute
  • Deadly Fall (The 19th Precinct, #1)
  • The Bachelor Pact (The Bachelor Pact, #1-3)
Lori Handeland has written over fifty novels, novellas and short stories in several genres--historical, contemporary, series and paranormal romance, as well as urban fantasy--for such publishers as: Dorchester, Kensington, Harlequin, St. Martin’s Press, Harper-Collins, Simon and Schuster and Penguin/Putnam

She is a New York Times, USA Today, Waldenbooks and Bookscan Bestselling Author and the recip
More about Lori Handeland...

Luchetti Brothers (6 books)
  • The Daddy Quest (Luchettis Brothers #2)
  • The Brother Quest (Luchettis Brothers #3)
  • The Husband Quest (Luchettis Brothers #4)
  • A Soldier's Quest (Luchettis Brothers #5)
  • The Mommy Quest (Luchettis Brothers #6)