Start by marking “Promise Me, Cowboy (Carrigans of the Circle C #1; 75th Copper Mountain Rodeo #3)” as Want to Read:

Promise Me, Cowboy

(Carrigans of the Circle C #1)

Sage Carrigan never meant to be the other woman. Unfortunately, bronco rider Dawson O’Dell neglected to mention he was married the night he invited her to his bed after they’d both placed first in their rodeo events. When his wife walked in on them – Sage was deeply hurt and humiliated. After an accident in the ring the next day, Sage decides she’s quitting the rodeo–and ...more
Published October 9th 2013 by Tule Publishing (first published September 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Promise Me, Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Promise Me, Cowboy

Start your review of Promise Me, Cowboy (Carrigans of the Circle C #1; 75th Copper Mountain Rodeo #3)
Leona
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hqn-presents
This kicks off the Carrigan series of novellas.

A young woman ends a career of barrel racing after an accident leaves her with an injured knee. She opens up a candy store and transitions into a successful business woman. Five years ago she ended an affair with a circuit cowboy when his wife barged in with a loaded gun after they just had sex. (She didn't realize he was married). The story picks up five years later when he comes back to set the score straight. Once his divorce is final, they have
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Sage didn't expect her ex-lover Dawson to be coming back to Marietta, much more rebuild what was once broken between them. Try as she might, she couldn't help but fell for him all over again. And Dawson, contrite and remorseful, wanted to gain her trust once more, and open her heart the way it was before.

But Sage wouldn't be fooled again. How could she ever go back to the arms of the man who had neglected to tell her that he was already married and his wife was pregnant? Oh, by the way, that
Shirley Buchanan
Five years ago after a nasty accident while barrel racing, Sage Carrigan had left the rodeo circuit. After going home and healing, she knew she disappointed her father by refusing to rejoin the circuit or work on his beloved ranch. Instead, she opened a sinfully, decadent sweet shop named Copper Mountain Chocolates. She loved her little shop, her family and the town but buried in her heart she has a secret. The day of the accident her competing career was not the only thing she lost. Her world ...more
Desere
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some woman have the unfortunate luck of falling for a man that has already been taken to the altar, finding out before things go too far is always a bonus but when it gets to the point where his pregnant wife is pointing a loaded gun at you after catching you buck naked in the arms of her husband, now that has no bonus at all expect maybe of course that you now no better and you will surely never be making the same mistake again.

In this read from author C.J. Carmichael we get to know Sage and
RobertaC. RobertaC.
Nice clean romance, even though at times it dragged a little. Some themes were introduced in the storyline only to be dropped a little later without bringing anything to the story itself (e.g. I didn't understand the presence of Eliza and Aunt Mabel, and why the theme of Eliza's book was introduced at all when nothing came out of it in the end).
I couldn't connect with the characters and couldn't feel the chemistry between them. Although the sparks are there when they meet again, their pushing
Nas Dean
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
PROMISE ME, COWBOY by author C.J.Carmichael is a Montana Rodeo series release by Tule Publishing for October 2013.

Sage Carrigan has almost recovered from her humiliation of five years before when in walks rodeo cowboy Dawson O’Dell back in her life and in her chocolate shop. She doesn’t want him. She has never forgiven him.

But Dawson has come to stay for the long haul. And he has a young daughter with him.

Would Sage ever forgive him? The chemistry between them still sizzled. Could it turn to
Monica Tillery
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Promise Me, Cowboy takes us back to Marietta to indulge in the sweet but sexy romance between Sage Carrigan and Dawson O'Dell. Ms. Carmichael does an amazing job of pulling you into the story and infusing love, family, and the charm of Marietta in such a short format. I wasn't ready for it to end! I really enjoyed this story of forgiveness and love, and would have happily spent many more pages with this couple.
Trish R.
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it

I love second chance stories but up until about 25% I thought this was a really bad story. THEN I realized it wasn’t the story but the narrator. I turned off the audio and enjoyed the rest of the book by just reading it.

This was about Dawson and Sage who fell in love five years before when they were both part of the rodeo. At the end of having sex and being threatened with a shotgun by Dawson’s wife Sage left and that was the end of that. Or so Sage thought. Dawson shows up in Marietta, Montana
Marlene
Oct 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published at Reading Reality

Chocolate is always a good starting point for a romance, but running a chocolate shop is hard work.

Sage Carrigan has been running her own chocolate shop in Marietta, Montana for five long and pretty exhausting years. But they have also been rewarding years, because being a chocolatier is what she really wants to do.

The barrel-riding accident that tore her ACL may have ended her rodeo career, but it gave her the out she needed to start the career she really
Chris Mead
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review courtesy of Romance Junkies

Readers will be whisked away to the COPPER MOUNTAIN RODEO in C.J. Carmichael’s dazzling novella PROMISE ME, COWBOY, where they will meet Sage and Dawson, who had a torrid love affair five years ago. However, things got ugly when Sage discovered that Dawson was secretly married. Now Dawson has reappeared in Sage’s life and it looks like he is there to stay. Will Sage be able to forgive Dawson for his past betrayal?

It is rumored that there are no secrets in a
Marlene
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five years ago, Sage Carrigan found herself staring down the barrel of a gun when she made the mistake of sleeping with Dawson O’Dell. They met on the rodeo circuit and he had failed to tell her that he was married. Until one day, when he asked her to come back to his bed, his wife found them in a compromising position. Shortly after that encounter, Sage got hurt during a rodeo and decided to not only say goodbye to the rodeo scene, but to cowboys altogether.

Sage, now twenty nine years old and
Cindy Hamilton
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book #3 in the Copper Mountain Rodeo novella series, is another winner! This series has me anticipating every book that comes out. C.J. Carmichael's Marry Me, Cowboy captivated me from the beginning. Backtrack 5 years-Our heroine Sage Carrington(a rodeo barrel racer) had NO idea our hero Dawson O'Dell(a rodeo cowboy) was married when she fell in love with him and made love with him. Right after the fact Dawson's wife walks in and points a shotgun at her, both embarrassing and humiliating Sage ...more
The Bookish Chick
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, cowboys
Sage Carrigan never meant to be the other woman. Unfortunately, bronco rider Dawson O'Dell neglected to mention he was married the night he invited her to his bed after they'd both placed first in their rodeo events. When his wife walked in on them - Sage was deeply hurt and humiliated. After an accident in the ring the next day, Sage decides she's quitting the rodeo-and cowboys--to become a chocolatier in her hometown ranching community, Marietta, Montana. She's doing just fine, but then Dawson ...more
Romance Books
May 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
3 sweet and promising stars

Sage Carrington was a horse barrel racer when met bull rider and hottie Dawson O’Dell. They had a thing that unfortunately ended with Dawson’s wife caught them in the act. Sage was heartbroken and hated Dawson for lying about his married status. Sage had an accident the next day and decides to leave the rodeo life behind and go back to Marietta, Montana with her family.

Five years later Dawson shows up in Marietta to participate in the Copper Mountain Rodeo, with a
Kerry Croucier
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
C.J. Carmichael’s PROMISE ME, COWBOY is another fun addition to the Copper Mountain Rodeo series of novellas set in Marietta, Montana. This novella focuses on Sage Carrigan, former rodeo barrel race and owner of Copper Mountain Chocolates. Sage has secrets, and one of them came to town for the Copper Mountain Rodeo. She met Dawson O’Dell on the circuit, where they became friends, and had literally just crossed into the “more than friends” when his wife, the one he forgot to mention, shows up. ...more
Jo-Anne

Sage Carrington met bull rider Dawson O’Dell when she was a racer on the rodeo circuit. Dawson had persued Sage and became her friend when they finally spent a night together. That night ended quickly when Dawson's wife showed up with a rifle. Sage was devastated, embarrassed and hated Dawson for not telling her he was married. Sage had an accident the next day and decided to leave rodeoing and go back to Marietta, Montana with her family.

Five years later Dawson showed up in Marietta to
Charlotte Lynn
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sage Carrigan has quit the rodeo after hurting her knee racing barrels. Before that race she learned what she thought was the truth about Dawson O'Dell. Her lover who never shared that he was still married.

Five years later Dawson shows up in her home town. Desperate to apology and make roots for his young daughter.

This series of books set around rodeos and written by different authors is amazing. Each one tells the story of a character the reader was introduced to in another book.

This is Sage's
Rosemary K
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sage Carrigan stopped competing as a barrel-racer for two reasons. One was a serious leg injury and the other was a broken heart. She returned to Marietta, Montana and became a chocolatier. No one knows that she fell in love with a married man. Now Dawson O'Dell (the man in question) is in town with his five year old daughter, Savannah. He's the new deputy. He plans to stay and to make Sage his wife. Will they be able to find love after so much hurt? CJ Carmichael always delivers a wonderful ...more
Vickie***
Apr 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
Very short sweet story.

5 years ago, Sage found out that she was "the other woman" when Dawson's wife walked in on them. Sage, of course, ran away from the humiliating scene, and held her anger towards Dawson the passing years.

They reunited, as stated above, 5 years later. Sage is still harboring anger towards him for not telling her of his marital status.

*note, it is currently 1:30 am so my reading emotions are probably affected right now.

I don't know why, I felt that this book was kind of...
Elisabeth
Promise Me, Cowboy is a nice romantic story set in the fictional town Marietta in Montana.
The story is book number 3 in the Montana Born Series and it has a couple more references to the other two stories but nothing that can’t be understood reading only this story.
It contains great characters and I for one look forward to reading more stories set in Marietta.
shms
My anticipation of what could have been a really juicy tale set me up for a disappointment. Add to that the usual, for the type of novel, rushed ending where they force everything into neat little boxes, and I can't muster up much enthusiasm for this.
Debbie
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tule-pub
I really enjoyed this story about Sage Carrigan and Dawson O'Dell. CJ Carmichael gives us a couple with not to be missed chemistry while allowing us to see their softer sides. This was a great quick read and I'd love to read more about the other Carrigan sisters.
Kristy Loftis
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Promise Me, Cowboy was a great addition to the series! Sage is a very likable character and I really seemed to connect with her difficulties in trusting Dawson again. It was a delightful quick read that left me wanting some of her delicious chocolate.
Moran
Another good book in the series.
Cruth
Author: CJ Carmichael
First published: 2013
Length: 1566 kindle locations
Setting: Contemporary. Marietta, Montana.
Sex: Clean
Hero: Rodeo rider
Heroine: Chocolatier
Includes: Excerpt from Good Together

Another cross series book, referencing many of the Marietta, Montana characters and heavy reference to the 75th Copper Mountain Rodeo series but starting a family drama with the the Carrigans Circle C.

I needed more. Just as the story starts getting interesting… it ends. An interesting second chance
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Romance Is Ageless

Recently I’ve gotten caught up in the twelve book, year long, multiple authors series from Tule Publishing entitled: Love At The Chocolate Shop. All, so far, are amazing Romances and I’d suggest that you should check them out. In all of the stories there is some connection to Sage’s chocolate shop and in most Sage makes an appearance as a secondary character. I got to thinking about Sage and Dawson, and how the whole Chocolate Shop began a few years ago. So, I went
Shhhh...I’m reading
Audible Escape. 2.5 stars. Narration 4 stars. I know this was a novella so it was short. But the problem was that the author spent so much time world building and introducing secondary and tertiary characters ~ that the MCs were left with very little time. Dawson & Sage’s actual current relationship was probably less than an hour of the book. Sadly, I don’t even think Dawson actually redeemed himself ~ he was *still* married, even if in the process of divorce when he approached Sage again.

Eileen
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sage Carrigan & Dawson O'Dell
I finally got to read the story that I have wanted to read after I read the Love at the Chocolate Shop series last year. Sage's story is a little sad because she has been living with 2 secrets for most of her life. They both are revealed but they definitely made an impact on her life from an early age to her present age. She was a strong character and I liked her because she has depth. Her family of sisters and father have an interesting background as well and I
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
This is a nice romance that only has a little kissing and glosses over the one time Sage and Dawson had together in the past.

Sage gave up barrel racing after having an accident and went home to Marietta five years ago and ended up opening a chocolate shop. Dawson has never stopped thinking of Sage and the time they spent together and has worked had to get a more stable life and to calm down, especially as he has his daughter with him most of the time.

Both still have strong feelings for each
SandyL
Sage Carrigan met Dawson O'Dell when they were both on the rodeo circuit. She found out the hard way that Dawson was married, and she's had a hard time recovering from it. Five years later, though, she's found a new life for herself in her hometown of Marietta, MT, opening up a chocolate shop. When the annual rodeo comes to town this year, Dawson shows up with it. Sage isn't going to open herself up to heartache again, but Dawson has a few things to tell her. This was a short and sweet story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Take Me, Cowboy (Love on Chance Avenue #1; 75th Copper Mountain Rodeo #4)
  • A Beautiful Mess (The Mosaic Collection)
  • The Taming of the Bachelor (Taming of the Sheenans #4)
  • Marry Me, Cowboy (75th Copper Mountain Rodeo #2)
  • Almost A Bride (The Great Wedding Giveaway, #3)
  • A Cowboy For Christmas (Copper Mountain Christmas #1, The Scott Brothers of Montana #1)
  • A Dom is Forever (Masters and Mercenaries, #3)
  • Shattered (Nightwind Pack, #2)
  • Memento Mori (Masters & Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #1)
  • Loving Liberty
  • The Chocolate Comeback (Love at the Chocolate Shop #7)
  • Leave Me Breathless
  • Caveman Alien’s Sword (Caveman Aliens, #9)
  • Caveman Alien’s Trick (Caveman Aliens, #8)
  • A Cowboy to Remember (Canadays of Montana #1; Big Marietta Fair #5)
  • Last Light
  • The Iron Earl (Valor of Vinehill, #1)
  • The Duke's Heart (Distinguished Rogues Book 11)
With more than 3 million books in print, USA Today Bestselling and RITA award nominated author C. J. Carmichael still can't decide which she enjoys more, writing small-town romance or page-turning mysteries. So she does both. She is currently working on the last book in the multi-author series, Love At The Chocolate Shop, as well as her new Bitter Root Mysteries. Her 2015 release, A Bramble House ...more

Carrigans of the Circle C (7 books)
  • Good Together (Carrigans of the Circle C, #2)
  • Close to Her Heart (Carrigans of the Circle C, #3)
  • Snowbound in Montana (Carrigans of the Circle C, #4)
  • A Cowgirl's Christmas (Carrigans of the Circle C, #5)
  • A Bramble House Christmas (Carrigans of the Circle C, #6)
  • Courting Trouble (Carrigans of the Circle C)
“But wanting to change, and actually making it happen were two different things.” 0 likes
“She wished she could just set down the secret and leave it somewhere. But secrets were like land mines. You had to make sure no one stepped on them. Or the whole family might blow up.” 0 likes