Start by marking “From Scotland With Love (Short Story)” as Want to Read:
From Scotland With Love (Short Story)

From Scotland With Love (Short Story)

Treat yourself to some extra seasonal cheer with this exclusive, straight-to-digital short story from the Sunday Times No. 1 Bestseller.

When Daisy travels to Scotland to confront notorious author Rory McAllan, little does she know that within hours she'll be snowed in with him. But surely she's not going to have to spend her precious New Year's Eve with him too?

Put the
Published December 13th 2013 by Cornerstone Digital

To ask other readers questions about From Scotland With Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Scotland With Love

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott FitzgeraldOn Magnolia Lane by Denise HunterDaisy Miller by Henry JamesPrincess Daisy by Judith KrantzThe Bride Next Door by Winnie Griggs
"Daisy"
171 books — 10 voters
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsInstructions for a Broken Heart by Kim CulbertsonSomewhere on Maui by Toby NealA Walk in the Woods by Bill BrysonDaughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier
Vacation Reads
326 books — 165 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of From Scotland With Love (Short Story)
Hristina
Let me say something a little scandalous.
This short story needed to be longer.
Maybe not a whole book (though I think the tension building and pining that could happen would be amazing), but definitely extended to a certain degree. The writing needed some filler, it was mostly dialogue. The filler paragraphs that could've been added could've been focused on their emotions and inner thoughts and definitely would've made the time jumps tangible. The way it is written the plot seemed to be moving at
Cora Tea Party Princess
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a very sweet novella which was quite different from what I thought it'd be.

This book will warm your heart and make you smile and you'll want to stand on the side of a snowy mountain, just looking at the view. It's worth every penny of that 1.28 price tag. It's an easy, quick read full of feel-good moments.

Daisy is a very likeable character, although I think she puts herself down rather too much. And Rory is a little bit of a surprise and not what you expect after what you're told.

This
Claire Robinson
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
5 Stars.

From Scotland With Love evokes everything that is important to me about Christmas. It isn’t the expensive presents, posh food, and over the top decorations. It’s about appreciation, for what you have, what you can give, and for where you are.

I may have been born, raised and live in England, but Scotland has my soul, I have visited many times over the last few years, and I fall in love with it a little more every time. Katie has described exquisitely exactly how beautiful and wild it
AdiTurbo
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fforde has always been one of the only romance novelists I truly enjoy. I never feel dumb or silly while reading her, because she is such an intelligent writer with a wonderful sense of humor. Her writing never gives you the feeling it is formulaic or commercial. It is always about people, and they always feel real. This short story works very well, too. It warms the heart with its humanity, and offers a lovely wish-fulfilling settings as well. A fun little read for when you need a little ...more
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet story, Daisy goes to Scotland to get author Rory to sign book plates and save her job. Only she doesn’t plan on being stranded by a huge snowstorm and also stuck with grumpy Rory. To keep herself busy she cooks and also helps deliver puppies. Sweet but short story.
Samantha Tonge
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh, what a shame I've finished this. A brilliantly written short story with warm-hearted, really appealing characters - especially Grizzie the dog! It made me feel I wanted a little house just like the one up a Scottish mountain, belonging to well-known author, Rory. The setting really grew on me and like city-girl Daisy, by the end of the book I'd become very fond of the remoteness and wild scenery. A highly enjoyable, escapist read.
Pete Harmes
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
SO, so like reading "Love Letters" that I could hardly separate the two. I wanted to give 4.5 but obviously couldn't. As a stand-alone it was wonderful. I REALLY enjoyed it. The two main characters were easy to warm to and the story flowed effortlessly.
rachel hale
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

Another fab book by Katie fforde couldn't out it down till I had finished can't wait for the next one
Katarina
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy reading

A lovely story set in the country I like very much. I will look for more works of this authoress.

Michelle
Jun 03, 2018 rated it liked it
cute little short story
Emma
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short romantic read set in the highlands.
Fabulous Book Fiend
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review: wow! I really didn't know what to expect from this short story, I haven't read many stories this short this year, a few novellas and serials but not a short story and I have to say, I loved this! I thought the story built up impressively well over such a short period of time, the reader is dropped right in the action straight away and yet the characters and settings are all developed swiftly and fully so you don't feel like you've missed out on anything!

I wasn't sure I was going to like
Samantha
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love short stories and when I saw this was available to request on Netgalley I jumped at the chance. Unfortunately I have only just got round to reading it, although after Christmas I was not disappointed with the story.

This is the first story I have read by Kate Fforde and I must say this is certainly not going to be the last. I found that the story flowed well and I really enjoyed her style of writing. Although only being a short story, I found everything fit in well, it didn't seem rushed
Leah
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really love Katie Fforde, she’s one of my favourite Chick Lit authors of all time. She just writes the loveliest books and I love her romances. Last year Katie released a Christmas short story Staying Away At Christmas and it was lovely, so I was quite pleased to see a new short story available for this Christmas called From Scotland With Love. I avidly dived in as soon as it had downloaded and I really enjoyed it!

From Scotland With Love is a cute, forty-minute read, perfect for the cold
Agi
Dec 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
It is a shame, I admit, that it was my first book by Katie Fforde, and not an actual book but a short story.
And my problem with short stories is that they are...short, if you know what I mean.

We are introduced to Daisy, a PR girl, who wants to make her job better and out of the blue appears on the steps of her publishing company's best - selling author with books for him to sign. As it happens in winter, there is a snow - storm and Daisy must stay with Rory, who - in my opinion - is not as
Nicci
Dec 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Review copy granted in exchange for an honest review

This novella is a typical Katie Fford really in that our leading lady - Daisy - is "comfortably middle class", quirky, kinda ditsy but generally likeable and our leading man - Rory - is gruff, rude, older than the leading lady and has a, hidden, soft squishy centre where his lady is concerned.

It had Fforde's usual witty banter and her typical "I love you, off to bed and want to marry you" kind of ending.
However, as it was a short story there
Erin & Kirsty
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Firstly thank you to Cornerstone Digital (Random House) for approving me for a review copy of this book! I’ve had it on my TBR for quite a while however now that Christmas is starting to roll back around I made the time to read it!

This story is all about MC Daisy who finds herself in a sticky situation at work that leads to an even stickier situation in Scotland.

This book is set in Scotland, up North where the world stands still when it snows and trust me I can verify that fact 100% being
Katey Lovell
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
From Scotland with Love is a delightful story. It is a quick, one sitting read, yet manages to grab the readers attention through skilled creation of strong characters. Mediocre publicity assistant Daisy is full of surprises, and Rory McAllen is a rugged, private author. Polar opposites in many ways, the two find out they have more in common than they expect when they are thrust together due to a snow storm.

I was completely charmed by this novella- not a lot happens in many ways, but that
JG
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
From Scotland With Love is a wonderful, captivating and engaging read mostly because of its adorable female lead. Daisy is simply a great character, self aware, young and just so relatable that it was pure pleasure to keep reading this novella. Set in the wilds of Scotland, in the middle of winter, Daisy is set to prove herself to her boss. She just needed to drop by their famous client's place, author Rory McAllan, and have him sign the bookplates and off she goes to spend the holidays back ...more
Beverley
Jan 22, 2014 rated it liked it
short and sweet. I've been reading lots of "intelligent" books recently and needed an quick dose of fluff! Katie Fforde always delivers the perfect fluff. Even better, this was snowy Christmas fluff. I like Ffordes full length novels, but her growing set of short stories are filling a little niche in my reading world. It's not ground-breaking, life-changing literature (and I'm sure it's not meant to be) but judging it as chick-lit romance - Fforde is one of my favourites.
Sandra
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lovely little short story. Long enough to get a feel for the characters but not too long to feel like you're actually reading a full sized book. I had felt some of Katie Fforde's more recent books were getting a little repetitive but for me this is a welcome return to form. More like this please!
Cia
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely little short story

Perfect length for a bit of feel good factor. Cosy up to this on a winters night and it will do nothing but make you smile. Another winner for Katie Fforde.
Diane
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fforde-katie
What a sweet story! Can't imagine why I haven't read any Katie Fforde before!!
Lorna
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
l sometimes find short stories a little lacking, but the characterisation in this book is spot-on and the story is a pleasure
Emily Price
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
As with all of Katie's books everything wraps up in a neat little package but sometimes that's just what I want in a book. Nothing wrong with a happy ending.
Debbie
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Predicable, but a nice easy read.
Sam
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A seasonal short story that I loved. It's another thumbs up for Katie Fford from me
Kerry Nolan
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story just a shame it was so short. Would've loved to know what happens next!
Adele
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this novella. Great characters, great setting you felt like you were up in the highlands snowbound. Would love to hear more from these characters.
Bookish Enchantment (Katherine Quirke)
This is a really lovely short story. Makes you feel warm and fuzzy but not gushy. I will look out for more books by the author. Love the scenery made me wish I was there as well.

• Summer at the Little Cornish Gift Shop
  • A Wedding in December
  • Staying at Daisy's
  • From Notting Hill with Love... Actually (Actually, #1)
  • Making Your Mind Up
  • The Magnificent Mrs Mayhew
  • Airports, Exes, and Other Things I'm Over
  • Deathmaker (Dragon Blood, #2)
  • Balanced on the Blade's Edge (Dragon Blood, #1)
  • The Garden of Lost and Found
  • Coming Home to Glendale Hall
  • A Family Holiday
  • Coffee at Luke's: An Unauthorized Gilmore Girls Gabfest
  • Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis: The Evidence-Based 7 Step Recovery Program
  • Recovering from Multiple Sclerosis: Real Life Stories of Hope and Inspiration
  • The Whereabouts of Eneas McNulty
  • Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis Cookbook: Delicious Recipes for Living Well with a Low Saturated Fat Diet
  • Secrets of Santorini
Catherine Rose Gordon-Cumming was born 27 September 1952 in England, UK, the daughter of Shirley Barbara Laub and Michael Willoughby Gordon-Cumming. Her grandfather was Sir William Gordon-Cumming. Her sister is fellow writer Jane Gordon-Cumming. Katie married Desmond Fforde, cousin of the also writer Jasper Fforde. She has three children: Guy, Francis and Briony and didn't start writing until ...more