Start by marking “The Secret Commonwealth (The Book of Dust, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Secret Commonwealth (The Book of Dust, #2)

The Secret Commonwealth

(The Book of Dust #2)

It is twenty years since the events of La Belle Sauvage: The Book of Dust Volume One unfolded and saw the baby Lyra Belacqua begin her life-changing journey.

It is seven years since readers left Lyra and the love of her young life, Will Parry, on a park bench in Oxford's Botanic Gardens at the end of the ground-breaking, bestselling His Dark Materials sequence.

Now, in The S
Expected publication: October 3rd 2019 by RHCP Digital

☙ percy ❧
Nov 13, 2017 marked it as tbr-unreleased

"lyra silvertongue as a twenty year old"

"LYRA SILVERTONGUE AS A TWENTY YEAR OLD"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am actually losin me shit, one of the reasons why la belle sauvage wasn't as good as hdm was because lyra wasn't in it (well i mean she was, but she was 8 months old) but this.... BUT THIS
Hannah
Apr 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
Why the hell are people rating this book one star when it's not even out yet and there's no way they could possibly have read it?? It makes me so mad ¬¬
Kristen
May 31, 2018 marked it as to-read
3/5/19 - Ayo, after 35 years of waiting, it has a tentative release date!

La Belle Sauvage was my biggest disappointment of 2017, and yet I keep obsessively checking for the release date for this book. I really hope it comes out this year. I wants it, Precious. And I wants it to be good.
Shima
Jan 18, 2018 added it
Shelves: upcoming
I was excited about La Bella Sauvage AND its sequel, which I imagined would follow Malcum's adventures.
But a book with (relatively) grown-up Lyra, set AFTER the original trilogy?
It's not the stuff dreams are made of, but the stuff I never even dared dream of.
Alyson Kent
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
EEEEK! THE SHORT DESCRIPTION!!!
madisson ✨
Nov 04, 2017 marked it as to-read
05/11/2017: it already has a title??
Benji
Mar 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
I don't think I've ever been more excited for a book in my entire life. 19 years since that Oxford Botanical Gardens scene. Good grief.
Michelle K. *Get off my lawn!*
Oct 03, 2018 marked it as finish-the-series_to-acquire
This is the book I've wanted since I finished the original HDM trilogy, and it's going to be longer than a year's wait since La Belle Sauvage. Not fair!!!!
Olga
Jan 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
UPD Wow! It's here!
Published October 3rd
Hm... Right on my birthday. Fate?))))

Mr Pullman, please! do not become J. Martin !!! Give us a date of release! I want to see adult Lyra too much...
Kimberly4711
WE HAVE A PUBLICATION DATE! 3RD OF OCTOBER!!! AND IT'S GOING TO BE A WHOPPING 784 PAGES!!!
JohnMountfort
Mar 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
I recently attended the course entitled "This is the Plot of My Book." First of all, I thought the title was deceptive. The lectures were actually delivered by an interdisciplinary team of experts on the author's work, each person offering an identical perspective on the plot while in fact hewing so closely to the facts of the novel that the lecture actually served as a lengthy, drawn out synopsis. Often they would interleave their comments in a strange way. Usually it was like this: the lecture ...more
Jennifer Oliveira
Feb 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
28/02/19: I really liked La Belle Sauvage, so I'm excited for this. It's sounding really Lyra centric though and I really didn't want that, we already have His Dark Materials about Lyra. I was expecting it to be more about Malcolm, and hoping for it too because I really liked the character. We'll see I guess!
Abbie Cantwell
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-books
THIS IS COMING OUT IN 2019!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE LET THE ABSOLUTE LOVE OF MY LIFE LORD ASRIEL COME BACK TO LIFE IN SOME CAPACITY!!!!

(view spoiler)
Feb 04, 2018
Isabel Menezes
Feb 16, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Untitled (Impostors, #4)
  • The City We Became
  • What Monstrous Gods
  • Untitled (Threads of Power, #2)
  • Untitled (Transference, #3)
  • Untitled (Mirage, #3)
  • Thornlight
  • Untitled
  • Untitled
  • Untitled (The Diviners, #4)
  • Maker's Curse (Millennium’s Rule, #4)
  • Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
  • Fall Like Thieves
  • The Exile's Gift (The Numair Chronicles, #2)
  • The Boy and the Dark Star (The Dark Star Trilogy, #3)
  • The Other Side of the Sky (Untitled #1)
  • The Empire of Gold (The Daevabad Trilogy, #3)
  • The Chosen One (The Chosen One, #1)
In 1946, acclaimed author Philip Pullman was born in Norwich, England, into a Protestant family. Although his beloved grandfather was an Anglican priest, Pullman became an atheist in his teenage years. He graduated from Exeter College in Oxford with a degree in English, and spent 23 years as a teacher while working on publishing 13 books and numerous short stories. Pullman has received many awards ...more

The Book of Dust (3 books)
  • La Belle Sauvage (The Book of Dust, #1)
  • Untitled (The Book of Dust, #3)