Start by marking “Voices In My Ear: The Autobiography Of A Medium” as Want to Read:
Voices In My Ear: The Autobiography Of A Medium

Voices In My Ear: The Autobiography Of A Medium

One of the world’s most celebrated mediums, Doris Stokes brought joy, comfort, and fascination to thousands of people during her lifetime. From families wishing to contact departed loved ones to police forces trying to solve murder cases, the uncanny accuracy of her psychic powers were universally acclaimed, while her readings and performances in Australia, America, and at ...more
Published 1980 by Aidan Ellis

To ask other readers questions about Voices In My Ear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voices In My Ear

Shirley Revill
Read this book ages ago and found it really interesting. I watched Doris Stokes on the TV many years ago and I think she gave a lot of comfort to many people. Worth looking out for as it really is a very interesting story that is hard to put down. Highly recommended.
Kyle kutryk
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book years ago then lost it when I moved house live everything about her books move me to tears meant to say love
Vaishnavi Kesavan
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wicked book
Bridge
May 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Really good and very interesting! I have the book where it has her two books in it (Voices in ,y ear and More voices in my ear) and so I didn't think I should say I've read them both, as I haven't yet :)
I am a very strong believer in Spiritualism. And this book was fascinating. My aunt recommended it to me as she's a medium and she knows I'm interested in this stuff. She knows I can see things other people can't, like spirits.
This book taught me a lot as well as keeping me hooked. It seem
Libby
Apr 09, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: autobio
What an unusual and interesting woman - what a life! To be a "natural born psychic" must be fascinating...people spend so much time and money these days trying to develop a gift like hers - to be born with it and struggle so much is just incredible...
Karen Scott
Jan 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: medium, autobiography
As a sceptic of all things paranormal, it was hard to remain so after reading Ms Stokes's account of her life and how her gift had affected her and the people around her. Truly moving book, make sure you have a hankie!
Elisa Kay
Apr 15, 2012 rated it liked it
I thought that this was a good book that explained the way a medium sees and hears the world.
Carrie Cooke
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love the poem about her son John in this book
idied
May 08, 2011 rated it liked it
I don't believe any of this kind of thing. My grandma gave me this book years ago.
Tania Angel
beautiful read.
recommend Doris stokes books.
Bridget Dewer
Jul 18, 2016
Darren Nuttell
Nov 17, 2014
Arthur Chappell
rated it did not like it
Jul 04, 2019
Jul 10, 2013
Thorn
Jan 31, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Doris May Fisher Stokes (January 6, 1920 - May 8, 1987), born Doris Sutton, was a British spiritualist and psychic medium.
She first came to public attention in 1978 during a visit to Australia, when she appeared on The Don Lane Show. In the wave of interest that followed her appearance, she played to three capacity audiences at the Sydney Opera House. She was also the first medium to appear