Start by marking “Disruption (Disruption, #1)” as Want to Read:
Disruption (Disruption, #1)

Disruption

(Disruption #1)

What if a microchip could identify your perfect match?
What if it could be used against you and the ones you love?

Eight years ago, Mercer Corporation’s M-Bands became mandatory. An evolution of the smartphone, the bracelets promised an easier life. Instead, they have come to control it.

Two years ago, Maggie Stevens watched helplessly as one of the people she loves most was
Published April 1st 2014 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Disruption, please sign up.
Kat It was finally added into Barnes and Noble's Nook shop!
…more
It was finally added into Barnes and Noble's Nook shop!
(less)
Eilish I’m sure that there are plenty of books with an m-band type thing. The one that comes to mind for me is ‘Slated’ by Teri Terry.

Start your review of Disruption (Disruption, #1)
C.G. Drews
CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW AWESOME THIS BOOK IS FOR A MOMENT?!! Seriously. I don't even need to review it...just go go GO read it and love it and then return and flail with me. Because flailing is all I can do right now.
description
It has a wicked, wicked cliff hanger ending. I highly recommend having Corruption on hand. Though I don't have it. Not even now. I'm just sobbing thinking about not having it when I freaking need it. I'm in a bad way, okay?

So I started the book and I wasn't overly impressed. The firs
Kat Kennedy
Did you know this book is shiny? Just look at its cover! So shiny! Gloriously, gloriously shiny. You know how some people are beautiful on the inside and the outside? Well the great thing about this ponderously big tome is that it is shiny on the outside and the inside. Rather like a phosphorescent jellyfish, it shines even if you cut it open and play with its splayed tenders.

How is it shiny on the inside, Kat? You ask because you like things to make sense.

[image error]

Cat scientists are only ma
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

As most of you already know, I've been having the trashiest luck with books. DNFs and 1 stars left and right. But this brilliant, brilliant book totally swept me off my feet. I read this whenever I had the chance; in between classes, while on public transport and even during my Autumn Concert. If you haven't figured out already, I found Disruption to be insanely addicting.

Disruption is set in the future where all citizens must wear M-Bands. These M-Bands are
Phrynne
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Just another YA dystopian story which started with an interesting premise but never really followed through. The main female character was not appealing and I was uncomfortable with all of the dialogue which seemed stilted and unreal. Also unfortunate was that when I finally made it through 400 pages of just okay book I found it ended on a cliff hanger. So I am supposed to read a sequel. I don' t think I will. I may just have to settle for never knowing what happens to Maggie and Quentin.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!

I love when a book can not only pleasantly surprise me with how much I enjoyed it, but leave me hooked and begging for the second one.

This is my first Shirvington book and I can say with absolute certainty it will not be my last. Not only do I want book two now, but I can't wait to see what else she has written and to get my hands on them because I truly had that much fun with with Disruption.

I have a thing for authors who can think outside the box and come up with something totally ne
Giselle
Imagine a microchip embedded into every adult person so they can find their mate and live happily ever after. This is the world that Maggie lives in. When her father gets tested as negative and disappears from her life, she is determined to do anything to get him back.

Wow that one thrilling read! I love how this dystopian society was so obsessed with having relationships the one thing everyone cared about. Granted it's not far off from our reality, but I still enjoyed reading about it. Imagine w
Lynne Stringer
It's always nice to read a book that won't let me leave it alone. This was one of those.
Before I sing its praises too much, there were a couple of things that bothered me, but they're relatively minor - a bit of repetition and some spelling mistakes. They weren't enough for me to give this lower than four stars.
It was an entertaining and engrossing story. Maggie was delightfully cold-blooded and I could understand her struggles and why she did what she did. Quentin was suitably magnetic. All th
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
✰✰✰ 3 give me a lie stars ✰✰✰

I don't know you, but that's really difficult for me to write a review for my 2 or 3 stars ratings. I mean, when I hate a book that's pretty fun, when I love a book I adore rambling, but when that's average *shrug* I have a hard time writing. Sorry about that.

Warning : I'm really hard on dystopias. Perhaps that's because I read a tons of them, and wonderful ones, but I have always huge expectations and my disappointment mirrors them.

Disruption isn't a bad book. No
nishireads
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
FIVE SHINING GOLDEN STARS
Where do I even start... this book is a SPECTACULAR read...
The blurb was pretty impressive and as soon as I read it, I knew I had to get started on this book like ASAP. So, how will I describe this book?
The setting of this book gives off vibes similar to the one in The Giver , the storyline is a bit similar to A Wrinkle in Time , where the former is pure children's fiction, the latter has a hate~to~love romance, that will leave you swooning.

Moving onto the characters...
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
I love discovering books not because they're being promoted but because other readers are simply enjoying them and sharing the love on Goodreads. I probably would have dismissed this book without a second thought because it sounded a little too dystopian for my tastes, but it is sooo much more than that. The utter mind-fuck that Maggie pulls over on Quentin, the infiltration, the romance, the utter chaos of it all...I am so glad I didn't have to wait for the sequel like so many others complained ...more
Lexie
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5

We need a lot more girl anti-hero protagonists. Just saying. This was entirely too good.
Joy
When I was studying psychology in first year uni, I was always interested in human pheromones and how it influenced the way we develop relationships with one another. Jessica Shirvington took the idea of pheromones and turned it into a fast paced and action packed novel full of kick.

In Maggie Stevens’ present day world, M-Corp has introduced a wristband that each individual must wear. But it’s not until you turn 18, that your M-bands are equipped with the technology that allows you to rate every
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
This review appears on Happy Indulgence. Check it out for more reviews!

Actual rating: 3.5

Disruption transforms our world into one where people can find partners from a microchip on their wrist, changing the way we communicate and interact with each other.

I loved the world building and the concept of the new technology, which was explored in detail in Disruption. Phera-tech is the reigning technology, where everyone must wear M-Bands to show how they’d interact with each other. Friends, partners
Jaime Arkin
Disruption was an interesting read. I kind of went in with high expectations mostly because I had seen a couple of blogger friends raving about and if I’m being honest it took me quite a bit of time to just click with the story.

That said, once I did, I struggled to put the book down.

It’s the future… some form of it where everyone wears an M-Band. They’re mandatory and they pass information on to Mercer Corporation and the government about everything. They were a promise of an easier life, but
Jenn
I've had this book on my kindle for years. It was one that slipped through the cracks and I honestly just forgot about it - until it was picked for me to read as part of challenge. And I'm kind of sad that it took me so long to start it because this was a very intriguing book. Set in the future where humanity is ruled by technology, one girl is on a mission to save her family and prove that human emotions are nothing to be toyed with.

Meet Maggie Stevens. When her father is flagged as a neg (som
Shaheen
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1-owned, favorites

This book kept me up until 2 in the morning. TWO IN THE MORNING. I was absolutely useless the next day - the combination of lack of sleep and trying to recover from the sheer awesome that is this book was almost too much for me to bear.

An original, exciting science fiction thriller, Disruption is the first book in a new duology that explores the devastating effects of over-reliance on technology. In this case it's M-Bands, which are worn around the wrist and control your health and your wealth,

WatermeLoonie
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
YES. YES. YEEEEEEEEEEEEES.
AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHH.
*Cue freak out session.*
THANK YOU LORD SHIRVINGTON FOR CREATING THIS NEW BOOK/SERIES. SOOOOOOO MUCH. THANKS.
But be warned.
I expect this to be good as all your other books. Maybe even better, if it's possible.
Not that it's a problem, of course.
Just putting it out there.
Cool.

Review:

This book, at first may have been a tad disappointing. A tiny bit. Just a tad! Trust me, Maggie seemed cool, past history seemed cool even the somewhat unstable M
Lauren
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. So so good!! I could not stop reading. I need book two nowwwww. It's even more torturous because I know it exists in the world.

What I loved:
1) This book is fast paced and had me reading quickly from stat to finish. I'm not a huge fan of government controlled dystopian these days, but I could definitely see our society getting addicted to the M-Band. And our world has definitely faced horrors like those Maggie discovers.

2) I'm always a fan of the hate to love romance. Maggie would co
Louisa
How is Jessica Shirvington not a bigger name in YA? Her marketing peeps need to step up their game. Besides some info-dumping and a lack of other female characters, Disruption was kickass, an intriguing addition to the YA sci-fi genre, aaand holy crap, DAT ENDING. I'm definitely taking my pheromones more seriously now (is something I never thought I'd say).

Longer review to come when I'm not drowning at work :'(
Tasha
Dec 10, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian
Very interesting premise! I haven't read a dystopian in a while but I really enjoyed this one. Maggie was a kick-ass main character and I loved her wit. I also really liked how her relationship with Quentin developed.
Excited to read the next one!
mith
This fucked me up in 17 different ways.
nick (the infinite limits of love)

DUOLOGY REVIEW

I’ve been in a Aussie YA phase the past couple of weeks, so when I came across Disruption and Corruption by Jessica Shirvington, an Australian author, I didn’t hesitate to borrow them and dive right into them. These books aren’t my typical kinds of reads, but they were entertaining in every way and I had no trouble sinking myself into the story.

What made both Disruption and Corruption work well for me was all the character growth. In the beginning, particularly in the first book,
Danielle
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read a dystopian in such a long time so I wasn't sure how this book would be, but I really enjoyed it!
It was fun, fast-paced, full of twists, and definitely left me wanting more!

Full review to come on my blog: www.thechroniclesofdanielle.wordpress...
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Wow! That was a lot better than I thought it would be! I'm really glad I read it and now I can't wait for the next book! Also Quinn *swoons*
Booknut
'"Ditch the driver and meet me back here at nine and..." I gave him a look up and down, settling on his shoes."...wear appropriate shoes."
"What are appropriate shoes?" he asked, standing.

"Shoes you can run for your life in," Gus answered helpfully. Then added, unnecessarily, "Welcome to the Maggie-verse."'
This book is totally badass in every way possible.

Spotting the book on the library shelf, I feel in love with its shiny gold cover (plus Jessica Shirvington is an amazing author, so it was an i
Jasmine from How Useful It Is
About: Disruption is a fiction novel written by Jessica Shirvington. It was recently published on 10/4/2016 by Harper Collins, 400 pages. The genres are young adult, dystopia, science fiction, and romance. There are 2 books to this series so far: book 1 is called Disruption and book 2 is called Corruption. The author lives in Sydney, Australia and already published several books before this one.

Gus really should’ve been an actor, or an underwear designer. He covered his ass like no one. @28%

My E
Karen
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, dystopia, sci-fi, bea-2016
Check out my full review and other mind vomit on my blog, KissinBlueKaren

Very good, very good! Disruption hooked me right away. This story takes place in a dystopian/sci-fi world where social rating is everything. Everyone wears an M-Band that displays their social love compatibility rating for you and anyone near you to see.

This book had so much I love about dystopian YA:

*Protagonist that is hard to like, check!
*Cruel dystopian society, check!
*Action and adventure, check!
*MC that is fig
Kayla (Kayla's Book Nook)
Once I first found out about Disruption, I knew I needed it in my hands. I love a good sci-fi story, and this book had amazing ratings, so I requested it at the library, only expecting good things.

And, for the most part, good things were what I got from this story! I absolutely loved the concept of this book- it completely hooked me, leaving me aching for more!

To briefly synopsize this story, it revolves around a girl named Maggie, who lives in a society where it has become mandatory to get an M
Hannah • So Obsessed With
First read: October 30, 2016
Re-read: March 19, 2017

I first read Disruption by Jessica Shirvington at the end of 2016 and loved it. I got a little burnt out on dystopian fiction a few years ago, but something about this premise made me want to pick it up. In this world, smartphone technology evolves into something called M-Bands, bracelets that promised to make like easier but have instead begun to control it. Some of its functions will sound familiar - it can monitor your heart rate, allow you t
Kathryn
Wow. Imagine a world where everyone wears a microchipped armband that records their breathing, heart rate, what they eat and drink and the energy they expend (sounds a lot like a Fitbit, or similar…), sends and receives texts and phone calls, and also measures people's pheromone output, enabling a compatibility rating between 2 people. All of this can be used by the government, with the pheromone technology (Phera-tech) relegating human relationships to statistics (certain compatibility ratings ...more

• Shimmer (The Rephaim, #3)
  • Haze (The Rephaim, #2)
  • Shadows (The Rephaim, #1)
  • Burn (The Rephaim, #4)
  • 00.00 - Biri Sizi Düşünüyor
  • 02:02 Ayçiçeği Karnavalı
  • Captive (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #2)
  • The Silent Invasion (The Change #1)
  • Deadly Cool (Deadly Cool, #1)
  • Spark (Spark, #1)
  • The Girl Who Fell (The Chess Raven Chronicles, #1)
  • Queen (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #3)
  • Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #1)
  • Left to Die (Badge of Honor #2)
  • Ghosts of Florida's Gulf Coast
  • Reboot (Reboot, #1)
  • Even When I'm Gone (Stay with Me, #2)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
Jessica Shirvington is the author of THE VIOLET EDEN CHAPTERS also known as THE EMBRACE SERIES, stand alone novel, BETWEEN THE LIVES and has an exciting new duology called DISRUPTION on the way in 2014.

An entrepreneur, author, and mother living in Sydney, Australia, Jessica is also a 2011 & 2012 finalist for Cosmopolitan’s annual Fun, Fearless Female Award. She’s also one of the lucky few who met

Disruption (2 books)
  • Corruption (Disruption, #2)

News & Interviews

“… his light to my dark. His truth to my lies. His sacrifices to my selfishness.” 11 likes
“Never forget. I know that you know.” 11 likes