Start by marking “Sycamore Bluff (Nicholas Colt)” as Want to Read:
Sycamore Bluff (Nicholas Colt)

Sycamore Bluff

(Nicholas Colt)

Somewhere west of Kokomo, Indiana, in a contained and isolated area, NASA is conducting a secret study on human behavior. Given a set of rules and the promise of a generous compensation package at the end, can several hundred people govern themselves and live in relative harmony for six years?

The experiment, designed to mimic future colonization on a distant planet, appea
Published November 25th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Sycamore Bluff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sycamore Bluff

Start your review of Sycamore Bluff (Nicholas Colt)
Dee Arr
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: grindhouse
There is a redeeming quality to this book, as it should (and obviously does) appeal to readers who seek an escapism when searching for books to read. If you are not concerned about characterization, believable plots, or realistic description and dialogue, you will like this book. It is pure entertainment, similar to Quentin Tarantino's movie Grindhouse (just for the record, I loved the zombie movie in Grindhouse, but Tarantino told his fans upfront what to expect). If you expect anything more fr ...more
Riki Solanen
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This was an odd one. Both a page turner and an eye roller. I wanted to know what was going on, but I kept exclaiming "Come on! Really?"
Bob
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was really a spy novel rather than a mystery, and a very bad one at that. I felt like i was reading some high-schooler's idea of a great adventure novel. The good guys worked for a secret government agency that was sooooo secret that if you find out about it, they have to kill you. The bad guys had acronyms for names and revelled in torturing the good guys. The good guys had implants in their toes which tingle when their bosses want to contact them. The bad guys have a secret town where the ...more
Satrajit Sanyal
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jude-hardin
Fast-paced, with many plot twists. I was looking for anything pertaining to Jack Reacher when I stumbled across Nicholas Colt. While recovering from surgery I've recently read every Colt adventure, in the recommended sequence. While some of the stories are better than others, Jude references some of the characters, particularly the evil ones, in subsequent books, and I sensed that being familiar with them enhanced my reading pleasure. Hence, I enjoyed Sycamore Bluffs immensely. I found this one ...more
Sandeep
Mar 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
1 for the effort

It takes time effort and commitment to finish a book and publish it. That is why this book gets a star. Other than that there is nothing good I can say about it. It’s like the author watched a lot of bad Hollywood movies and then consolidated all of them into a book. Exaggeration, inconsistencies, plot holes, unbelievable situations and characters, the flaws in this book are so plentiful that I can’t recommend spending time reading it.
Cheryl Wieromiej
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Violence, Blood and Zombies!!

Considering how violent this book is, how much bloom and shooting it contains, I am surprised I even finished it. But it did keep my interest. There was enough weird science-fictiony stuff (and the zombies) that I was able to ignore the distressing parts (or skip right over them). I enjoyed the book but do not plan to read the sequel.
Mary Rowe
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Worth The Time

Action, pacing, characters all good, solid story telling, did not notice any grammatical gaffes (which I find inordinately distracting). I would like to read more by this author, especially his take on Lee Childs' Jack Reacher. A teaser chapter was included at the end of this book.
Jillian Higham
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
A bit over the top

I liked the premise of this story - a town specially created to imitate what it would be like to live on Mars for several years. Something goes wrong and government agents have to go in to make sure it is only an isolated incident. But I think the author got a bit carried away with the gruesome stuff. Less is more and makes a story more believable.
Kat
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, quick read.
Mrs Mary Curd
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Bit disappointed with the ending
Clinton Lopez
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review

Great story. Only disappointment is there isn't a part two with both lead characters. I suppose I'll have to wait with anticipation.
April Farina``
Jun 21, 2017 rated it liked it
The circle

Really a great read. Poor Nicholas., the things he went. Can't wait to read the rest. Can't wait to read why happens next.
Carole D Hutchison
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Totally exciting read

This story made me think of the TV show Wayward Pines. You begin to wonder if there could possibly be experimenting going on we don't know about.
Dana Sullivan
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked the idea, and this was just entertaining enough to want to keep reading. But man, the dialogue was cheesy.
Elaine Hopkins
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Murder at the Bluff

I was surprised that i could be kept in suspense from beginning to the end but I was. Great read. Will read more by Nude Hardin
Lyndon
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you like the "Doc Savage" style of adventure, this pulp fiction thriller by Jude Hardin will satisfy your yearning for a quick-paced, edge-of-your-seat story with a ripped-from-headlines contemporary plot. A secret government experiment has been hijacked by private interests and has gone terribly awry. Operative Diana Dawkins and her partner PI Nicholas Colt infiltrate a hidden compound run by NASA only to discover a complex and twisted conspiracy...that puts them both in danger of their live ...more
Beverly E. McWhirk
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really Exciting!

Wow! I just finished reading Sycamore Bluff and the adrenaline is still coursing through my body. Talk about a thriller, this story keeps you on edge from beginning to end. I can't wait for the sequel to come out. This is a highly recommended read for Colt fans and anyone who enjoys thrills.
Renee
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome and exciting story! Never a dull moment!
Susan Cromer
Oct 13, 2016
Frank M Fernholz
Jan 31, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Red Means Run (Virgil Cain Mysteries #1)
  • Lay Death at Her Door
  • Honor Kills (Angelina Bonaparte Mysteries, #3)
  • Cash Kills (Angelina Bonaparte Mysteries, #2)
  • Wired Ghost (Paradise Crime #11)
  • Wild Ocean (Tyson Wild Thriller #1)
  • The Debriefing
  • The Opening Chase (Chase Fulton #1)
  • The Unending Chase (Chase Fulton #4)
  • The Broken Chase (Chase Fulton #2)
  • The Distant Chase (Chase Fulton #5)
  • The Entangled Chase (Chase Fulton #6)
  • The Devil's Chase (Chase Fulton #7)
  • Dead Wood (John Rockne Mysteries #1)
  • JAMES 516 (London Carter, #1)
  • Tin God (Delta Crossroads Trilogy, #1)
  • Body Blow (John Rockne #5)
  • The Watcher (Bigler County #1)

Nicholas Colt (8 books)
  • Colt (Nicholas Colt, #1)
  • Pocket-47 (Nicholas Colt, #2)
  • Crosscut
  • Snuff Tag 9
  • Rattled (A Nicholas Colt Story)
  • Key Death