Start by marking “After the Storm (Angel Island, #2)” as Want to Read:
After the Storm (Angel Island, #2)

After the Storm

(Angel Island #2)

After the Storm is a standalone companion novel to Waiting for the Storm

For most people, starting senior year at a new high school would be a nightmare, but for Ella O’Dell it’s the new beginning she desperately needs. Two months after her mother’s death, Ella is ready to leave behind the miserable, rebellious person she became when she found out her mom was dying.

Whe
Published April 8th 2014 by Marie Landry (first published April 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about After the Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After the Storm

Start your review of After the Storm (Angel Island, #2)
Molli Moran
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
AFTER THE STORM is a wonderful continuation of the O'Dell sisters's journey on Angel Island. I beta read this for Marie, and I think readers are going to enjoy Ella's story. There are great themes here about character growth, family, friendship, and love.

Plus one of Marie's signature swoon-worthy boys. And? An awesome cast of side characters (mostly SADIE, oh how I loved Sadie.) AFTER THE STORM is a really lovely story about finding yourself and learning to love not just yourself, but others.
Michelle
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The minute I found out about After the Storm it was immediately added to my to-read list, I enjoyed Waiting for the Storm, and getting the chance to see inside Ella's head, try to understand what she did what she did, was an opportunity that I could not miss. Before I began reading After the Storm I had a few ideas in my head, one of them was that I did not want to like Ella. Her previous actions in waiting for the storm left a lot to be desired, and I know that she was grieving and this is how ...more
Ashley - Book Labyrinth
After the Storm is the story of Ella, a character we first got to know in Waiting for the Storm. The good thing is that you can read this book as a standalone, as it gives you all the background information you need. However, I highly encourage you to read Waiting for the Storm. It’s such a sweet and sad and lovely book, and by reading it first you’ll get even more insight to Ella, and to the side characters, especially Ella’s sister Charlotte and Charlotte’s boyfriend, Ezra.

Ella is most definit
Ali
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book for my honest review.

This second book was just as fabulous as the first one. IN LOVE.

So, After the Storm is a continuation of the life of the O'Dell sisters. In Waiting for the Storm, we went on a journey with the eldest sister, Charlotte, but we also got a glimpse at her younger sister, Gabriella (Ella)'s life.

*Just a little side note, you can read this as a stand alone, but I HIGHLY RECCOMEND reading the first book in this series. You will appreciate the ch
Jessica
See more of my reviews on my blog Thoughts At One In The Morning.

My Thoughts:

Welcome to awesome. I mean, hey! You guys! It's time to talk about After the Storm. This is the... *counts* ...5th book (full-length and novella) that I've read by Marie. And like a good bottle of wine, her writing continues to get better as times goes on. ATS is the second book in the Angel Island series, and follows Waiting for the Storm. WFTS is Charlotte's story, but in ATS we get to see things from Ella's POV.

Going
Kayla Michelle
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I literally read this book in a day. I read Waiting for the Storm prior to reading After the storm, and if I thought I loved the first book, I was in for a surprise with After the Storm! The books are written as stand alone novels, but I highly encourage reading them in order. In the first book, I did not like Ella's character that much due to how she treated Charlotte, in the beginning of the book. Towards the very end of book 1, you get a glimpse of the real Ella.

After the Storm starts a coupl
Briana Pacheco
Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review

This book can be read as a standalone but I highly recommend reading, Waiting for the Storm, first because the character development is just phenomenal in this book.

What can I possibly say about After the Storm? I loved it. I really did. I loved the first book in the series, Waiting for the Storm (Charlotte's story), but this was definitely my favorite. Ella is a tortured soul and reading about her evolving into someone ne
Linda Rimer-Como
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written story that is full of emotion and self discovery. The love of family, good friends and her own self determination help Ella overcome a loss and self destructive behavior to become a responsible person once again. There is such detail in the storyline and to character development, you are captivated as you read. I found it hard to put down as this book deals with many issues; loss, bullying, true friendship, acceptance and attraction. Look forward to more from Angel Island.

G
Susan
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Stunningly beautiful and hauntingly emotional, After The Storm, will leave reader's aching for more. Inspiring and full of hope, love, healing, and friendship; this is a novel that will move you in ways unimaginable.

Full review coming soon.
Rachelia (Bookish Comforts)
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
After the Storm picks up shortly where Waiting for the Storm left off, returning us to Angel Island, the O'Dell family and Ezra. When we last saw Ella, she was just at the beginning of her transformation, as she shed her mean girl persona and began the journey to dealing with the grief she felt from her mother's recent death and the guilt for not being by her side during her last months. In After the Storm, she is starting high school on the island, and along the way, she forms a misfit friendsh ...more
Margaux Espinosa
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
*Received copy in return for honest review*

I really enjoyed this book, I read the first one and couldn't really get into it much but I instantly liked Ella so I was excited going into this book and didn't feel disappointed. Again, Marie Landry is a great writer, her story is great, it flowed well, and this go around I enjoyed all the characters. I felt the emotion behind the words and I felt connected to the story and the characters.

The characters were beautifully done, I LOVE Ella, she's conf
Lesley
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I received a complimentary e-copy of After the Storm in exchange for an honest review.

Elle is hoping to reinvent herself in a new place for her senior year of high school. Her world as she knew it blew apart last year after her mom was diagnosed and then died from a brain tumor. Her way of doing things then led her on a self-destructive path of one bad choice after another. With the love and help from her dad and her sister and her sister's boyfriend, she's in a new town, ready to make a new sta
Jenna
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
* I recieved a complimentary copy of this book for a honest review *

I really enjoyed this series! They both are great young adult reads. I have to say I enjoyed the first book in the series a little more than this one. It took me a little bit to like Ella. Probably because of how awful she was in Waitng for the Storm. But she definitely came around in this book and I really felt for her. I liked seeing the relationship between the sisters. I have to say I was a little bugged that their dad was s
Amber Dicks
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, beach-reads
This book was beautifully written. Anyone who knows what it is like to grieve the loss of a dear friend/family member will go through this 7 stages with Ella while reading this book. Every single feeling that Ella and Charlotte experienced through this story, I felt with them. Then when you start to learn Sadie's story, I traveled on her emotional roller coaster too. I truly loved the fact that this wasn't just Ella's story... It was her story...Sadie's story... and River's story... All three of ...more
Diana
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Grieving can do strange things to a person. Sometimes it makes us do things we know are wrong, yet we continue to do them anyway. It takes a strong person to own their mistakes and an even stronger person to be willing to change. Ella may have taken the long road but she eventually found her way home where she belongs with her whole family. Full video review on YouTube channel Adventures-IN-Print. https://youtu.be/YY6EPqnlhoE ...more
Gabs {My Full Bookshelf Reviews}
Read more of my reviews at My Full Bookshelf Reviews

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Ella's story is something I looked forward to reading, because out of all the characters in Waiting for the Storm, she is the one who interested me the most. She was not a likeable character by any means, but I though it would be fun to get inside her head and learn more about her.

In the previous book, Ella was a holy terror. This book comes after her change of heart, so ther
Jaimie Admans
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved After The Storm. I actually didn’t think I was going to be able to read it in time for Marie’s release day today – last night I was only 48% through it on Kindle so I was going to cobble together a quick mention of how good it was so far, but once I started, I couldn’t stop. I was desperate to know what happened, and by 4am, I had found out. It was fantastic, and well-worth the extra tiredness today!
The first book in the Angel Island series was one of my favourite books of las
Monica
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
After the Storm is the story of Ella who has recently decided to change her ways and with new town and friends nothing could be better. Ella is trying to start fresh, after her mothers death she realized how awful she was to her family and is now trying to be the person she knows she can be. She starts school and is hoping no one finds out about her past. In the process she becomes friends with River and Sadie who themselves are far from the “in” crowd.

Ella and Sadie become fast friends but soon
Niki11784
Dec 03, 2014 rated it liked it
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review. I read this right afterWaiting for the Storm and I have to say I really liked Waiting for the Storm better. I felt like Ella's voice was just a touch to juvenile. It's possible that Charlotte was just so incredibly mature that reading one book after the other showed a bigger contrast. All in all it was a good read and I enjoyed it. I look forward to reading Sadie's story. ...more
Dare Laurent
Lavender Darcangelo
Feb 07, 2018
JaimeKristal BookLover
Apr 24, 2020

• Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4)
  • Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • The Governess Game (Girl Meets Duke, #2)
  • Storm and Fury (The Harbinger, #1)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • Don't Say a Word (Hometown Antihero, #2)
  • Love Sex & Other Games (Part 1)
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • Magic Stars (Kate Daniels, #8.5, Grey Wolf, #1)
  • Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • The Sky Weaver (Iskari, #3)
  • Darkest Flame (Dark Kings, #1)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Find Me Their Bones (Bring Me Their Hearts, #2)
  • Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3)
  • Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)
Stay up to date with new releases, sales, promos, and other news by signing up for Marie's newsletter and be sure to follow her on BookBub so you never miss a new release!

Marie Landry’s life revolves around books; when she’s not writing them, she’s reading them, taking pictures of them for bookstagram, or blogging about them. An avid reader from a young age, she loves getting lost in characters’ w

Angel Island (3 books)
  • Waiting for the Storm (Angel Island, #1)
  • Take Them by Storm (Angel Island, #3)

News & Interviews