Start by marking “Dead Tide (Blackmoore Sisters, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dead Tide (Blackmoore Sisters, #3)

Dead Tide

(Blackmoore Sisters #3)

For three hundred years, the Blackmoore house has harbored a valuable secret ...

The Blackmoore sisters learn about this secret from the dying lips of the historian they hired to decipher their centuries old family journal. Too bad he never gets the chance to tell them exactly what he has uncovered...or where to find it.

But someone else knows where to find it, and they are
Published December 6th 2013 by Leighann Dobbs (first published August 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Tide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Tide

Start your review of Dead Tide (Blackmoore Sisters, #3)
James
3.49999 stars to Leighann Dobbs's Dead Tide, her third in the Blackmoore Sisters Mystery series. Gosh, it was almost there this time. I'm really starting to enjoy this series and I've seen great improvement in the author's style, word choice and character exploration. At first, I felt the series was a little too simple, but it's jumped a few light years ahead in this book. I find myself thinking about the characters all day long, hoping they discover the secrets that keep carrying from book to b ...more
Gary Sundell
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book finishes the story lines started in book two of the series. I enjoyed this more than book 2. This one is a solid 4 stars for me.
Sheri
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hate when I'm reading a book I REALLY enjoy and it ends :'(
Djilan
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
3,5*
Yes there were plot holes, but did it matter? Not to me, I still liked it :)
But please listen to Belladonna girls :D
Sarah Booth
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
A more supernatural bent

This book took a more supernatural turn than the last books. It had also a lot more unbelievable scenarios and a lot more comments from the cat. However, the characters are great and you grow to love them more. The stories are becoming a little more fantastical which kind of makes the reader sit back and analyze situations where they want to say “that could never happen”, and I’m not talking about the part where Celeste is talking to her grandmother or a ghost. there was
Valerie
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has been an awesome series for me. We have four sisters fighting together to save their home and a treasure an ancestor left. They found an old journal they have to decode using a book of poetry. Not easy. While doing this they have a crooked sheriff and pirates after them. Oh and they discover they have powers. You have mystery,intrigue,murder and romance. Dead bodies keep showing up around them. Can't ask for more in a cozy.
Debbie
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, a very fun read. We continue on with the search for treasure, if you haven't read the previous books I don't think that you will have any trouble reading this. We see the sisters developing some unknown abilities, strangers, a nasty sheriff that keeps cropping up and a cat who seems to know all, what more could you ask for? The sisters are all likeable characters and I had fun hunting treasure with them. I can't wait to start the next book.
Kathy Elliott
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fun

I've enjoyed the first three books in this series, but the plots are fairly basic and they could be longer, with more detail, and deeper characterization. Think of this series as if it were Hershey's Kisses and not a Godiva truffle. They both have their place, but you wouldn't mistake them.

These books are great when you just need some mind candy.
Tony Parsons
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perkins Cove (Noquitt, Maine, Atlantic Ocean). Rita’s Eat’s Diner. Celeste Blackmoore (3rd. born) had hired Professor Reinhardt Skinner (historian) to decipher a 300 yr.-old journal that had belonged to Captain Isaiah Blackmoore (great-great-great-great-great grandfather, import merchant).
He never finished telling her about it. The EMT’s pronounced Professor Skinner dead on site.
Sheriff Overton had arrived at the scene.

That evening Celeste had to let Morgan Blackmoore (1st. born), Fiona Black
Sam
Another 3.5 star read for me, rounding to 4.

This third book carries on from the events of the second book, so it's a good idea to read them in order. The sisters have hired a professor to help them with the journal they found in the attic, but he drops dead before he can tell them what he's discovered. And, of course, the sheriff is convinced that the sisters are up to no good and have murdered the poor chap. So now it's up to the sisters to keep their names clear and solve the mystery of the jo
Melissa Basnight
Feb 27, 2020 rated it liked it
The Blackmore sisters are still hunting for the family treasure their ancestor’s handwritten book and a poetry book that was used to crack the code in the ancestor’s book. Their family had pirates and they hid the treasure and everyone seems to be on the hunt for it and trying to remove the sisters from the trail as well. This book had more of a supernatural element compared to the others. Celeste has been seeing the ghost of her grandmother and her grandmother is telling her to look within for ...more
Becky Fisk
Feb 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
I finished the first 3 books in the Blackmoore series because I’d paid for them. That’s the extent of it. I’m saddened to say that the books were terribly underwhelming. The character development is several lacking; the plot is easy to figure out. The romantic relationships have no basis besides adding a few more characters. The“powers” are just thrown out there and accepted immediately as if the very thought was normal yet they say they are just getting used to it. If so where do we see the con ...more
Susan
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Number 3 in the series continues the pirate theme. After the adventures with the modern-day pirates in book #2, the Blackmoore sisters are at it again. This one centers on Celeste, who is the one who sees and talks to ghosts. They hear that a pirate raid is planned at "dead tide", the lowest Atlantic tide, which occurs every 300 years. Presumably this will expose underwater caves or other entrances that the pirates plan to use to get to another treasure. The girls and their boyfriends hurry to d ...more
Linda
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WHAT A TREMENDOUS AND THRILLING NOVEL!! I could hardly stop reading as I wanted to know what happened next. This author is very new to me and I will try to read more, but I was captured with by the first page as the book as it flowed easy, was fast paced with four sisters living in a three year old home with twenty-four rooms and a creepy basement! I especially loved the cat who tried to show the women what was in the basement but as little girls they were warned by their mom to never EVER go do ...more
Beverly
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Each book of the series focuses on one of the 4 Blackmoore sisters who live in a 24-room house on the Maine coast. This one focuses on the one who sees ghosts. The saga continues, though, on the buried treasure of one of their ancestors and the competing bands of ruthless treasure hunters who will kill to acquire the treasure.
Each of the books is rather short, maybe of novelette length. Around 150 pages? The plot is simple with a little bit of romance thrown in. And Belladona, an ageless cat wh
Kat Taylor
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Para cozey readers 14+and up as well as any cozey mystery reader !
Recommended to Kat by: BookBub
An exciting adventure in discovery, four sisters in a small coastal town try to discover thier ancestral history while fighting off an evil sheriff and modern day pirates with a little romance bubbling up in the amidst it all.Vibrant caracters carry you away into the mystery of the sisters and thier hidden talents. Leighann Dobbs is an extraordinary writer in the cozeymystery community as well as other genres ,you won't want to miss out on any of her fabulous array of novellas or novels.Aquier a ...more
Cheryl
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
It's been a while since I've read one of Leighann Dobbs' novels and I'd completely forgotten how much of an enjoyable read they are.
This book, the third in the Blackmore Sisters series, was provided for free by InstaFreebie and the author. I have read the first book in the series, and this new one has rekindled my interest to go on and read more about the sister's mysteries.
A quick, easy, guilty pleasure of a read.
Darla Taylor
The Blackmoore sisters are once more dealing with treasure seeking pirates. They had a local historian deciphering the old journal but he died before telling them the location of what he found. The tide will be at its lowest in years and the girls make a fascinating discovery.

I enjoyed this book and getting to know the girls better as they begin to accept that they have gifts and their cat, Belladonna, is more than she seems. I look forward to the next book in the series.
Bonnie Dale Keck
Mar 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Kindle Unlimited, Leighann Dobbs writes under Leighann Dobbs, Annie Dobbs and (soon) L.A. Dobbs but her real name {not sure if she writes under that one} is Lee Dobbins, Hazel Martin Mysteries only one I found for this type with her, she has not made sure that terms used match the British terms as well as in other areas for that period of architecture and assorted styles.

The Notch Cozy Mystery Series {5 out as of this writing} and the Blackbore Sisters Cozy Mysteries are not on Kindle Unlimited
Roberta
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was another great addition to the series, and you learn more about the Blackmoore ancestors and that the sisters have in them powers they didn't know they had.
Each of the Blackmoore sisters are continuing to evolve and grow, its great to read such a wonderful story with such great characters.
Cant wait for the next one!
January
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hidden treasure is always good

The sisters at it again with the sheriff once more blaming them for yet another murder. A mysterious man aiding in their quest to decide an ancient journal and a 300 year old pirate ship hidden away. A perfect cross of mystery and finding of love as two sisters have done previously, I pray the next book is just as enchanting
Krystyna
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The family, past and present reunite to fight

Breathtaking! Why did the historian die and what did he mean? The sisters have to unravel this to get to the bottom of why someone is determined to cause them harm. Belladonna as usual is her enigmatic self but again proves her weight in gold. Plus we are now introduced to another romantic interest
Maranda Raven
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Back to more adventures and treasure seeking in the third installment of the series. Celeste is by far my favorite sister and i enjoyed how they all worked together to find out clues. They always band together but this time they know more about each other's strengths. Course belladonna has to make sure to keep them all in line.
Autumn Guidry
Jul 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Want a fun drinking game? Every time the book mentions the heart does something take a shot, if it is a repeat of the heart doing something for example (the heart crunched many times in this book) take a double shot! You will be sooooo drunk after finishing this book lol. It is still a fun book though.
Heidi
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Book 3. Finally the annoying sheriff gets what's coming to him. I am glad, although the way he is disposed of is not too believable, and none of the sisters saw him go. Is he really gone? I hope so. Another fun, quick read in this Blackmoore sisters series.
Thomas
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another fun story from Leighann Dobbs with well developed characters, a strong plot line and many twist. I knocked one star off because I felt the story did not stay true to the spirit of one of the characters.
Joanne
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting continued story

A quick read that is an interesting update on the Blackmore sisters and their interesting powers also an update on their treasure. Belladonna continues on as the all knowing cat. Continues the story nicely even add a new mystery man.
Rebecca Rakes
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was okay but it was the end of the trilogy of the first three books and I was ready for this story to get wrapped up. The first two were fun, this one just seemed to drag.
Full of insta love. Ridiculous insta-love. I still feel like all the sisters are one personality.
Cathy  Inboden
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a very good series. You will want to read it and love it like me.
Cathy Ritchie
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this series. I just wish each book were longer, and more developed. It felt as if the ending to Dead Tide was quite abrupt; almost as if it were the end of the chapter, not the book.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Brewing Up a Storm (A Moonstone Bay Cozy Mystery, #6)
  • The Puppy Project (A Tess and Tilly Cozy Mystery #9)
  • Magic and Missives (Blackwood Bay Witches #6)
  • Hex Type Thing (A Moonstone Bay Cozy Mystery, #5)
  • Baby Broom (Wicked Witches of Coventry #10)
  • Whole Latte Magic (Enchanted Enclave Mystery #2)
  • Payback's a Witch (Blackwood Bay Witches #5)
  • The Gold Touch That Went Cattywampus (Lost Southern Magic #1)
  • Murder to the Max  (Witches of Keyhole Lake, #2)
  • Witchy Warnings (Witches of Shadow Lane #4)
  • Murder So Magical (Witches of Keyhole Lake, #3)
  • Over the Broom (Wicked Witches of Coventry #9)
  • Wake Up and Spell the Coffee (Enchanted Enclave Mystery #1)
  • Witcher Upper (A Magical Renovation Mystery #1)
  • Ghoul's Paradise (Spellbound Ever After #7)
  • Broom and Board (Wicked Witches of Coventry #7)
  • Murder of the Month Club (Witches of Keyhole Lake, #7)
  • Witchy Orders (Witches of Shadow Lane #2)
USA Today bestselling author, Leighann Dobbs, discovered her passion for writing after a twenty year career as a software engineer. She lives in New Hampshire with her husband Bruce, their trusty Chihuahua mix Mojo and beautiful rescue cat, Kitty.

Her book "Dead Wrong" won the "Best Mystery Romance" award at the 2014 Indie Romance Convention.

Her book "Ghostly Paws" was the 2015 Chanticleer Mystery

Blackmoore Sisters (9 books)
  • Dead Wrong (Blackmoore Sisters, #1)
  • Dead & Buried (Blackmoore Sisters, #2)
  • Buried Secrets (Blackmoore Sisters Mystery, #4)
  • Deadly Intentions (Blackmoore Sisters Mystery, #5)
  • A Grave Mistake (Blackmoore Sisters Mystery, #6)
  • Spell Found (Blackmoore Sisters Mystery, #7)
  • Fatal Fortune (Blackmoore Sisters Mystery #8)
  • Hidden Secrets (Blackmoore Sisters Mystery #9)