Start by marking “Dead Tide (Blackmoore Sisters Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dead Tide (Blackmoore Sisters Mystery, #3)

Dead Tide

(Blackmoore Sisters Mystery #3)

For three hundred years, the Blackmoore house has harbored a valuable secret ...

The Blackmoore sisters learn about this secret from the dying lips of the historian they hired to decipher their centuries old family journal. Too bad he never gets the chance to tell them exactly what he has uncovered...or where to find it.

But someone else knows where to find it, and they are
Published December 6th 2013 by Leighann Dobbs (first published August 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Tide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Tide

James
3.49999 stars to Leighann Dobbs's Dead Tide, her third in the Blackmoore Sisters Mystery series. Gosh, it was almost there this time. I'm really starting to enjoy this series and I've seen great improvement in the author's style, word choice and character exploration. At first, I felt the series was a little too simple, but it's jumped a few light years ahead in this book. I find myself thinking about the characters all day long, hoping they discover the secrets that keep carrying from book to b ...more
Gary Sundell
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book finishes the story lines started in book two of the series. I enjoyed this more than book 2. This one is a solid 4 stars for me.
Allison ☾
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute mystery. The Blackmoore sisters are trying to find their ancestor’s hidden treasure before a band of pirates gets to it first. Celeste leads this book with her ghost-whisperer powers. Morgan’s intuition, Fiona’s crystals and Jolene’s mysterious powers also help along the way.

I was going to give this book 3 stars (“Goldlinger”? Really??) until I got to Belladonna’s chapter.

This author literally gave a cat her own POV chapter where she straight up attempts to kill a man. That earns a star
Sheri
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hate when I'm reading a book I REALLY enjoy and it ends :'(
Sarah Booth
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
A more supernatural bent

This book took a more supernatural turn than the last books. It had also a lot more unbelievable scenarios and a lot more comments from the cat. However, the characters are great and you grow to love them more. The stories are becoming a little more fantastical which kind of makes the reader sit back and analyze situations where they want to say “that could never happen”, and I’m not talking about the part where Celeste is talking to her grandmother or a ghost. there was
Valerie
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has been an awesome series for me. We have four sisters fighting together to save their home and a treasure an ancestor left. They found an old journal they have to decode using a book of poetry. Not easy. While doing this they have a crooked sheriff and pirates after them. Oh and they discover they have powers. You have mystery,intrigue,murder and romance. Dead bodies keep showing up around them. Can't ask for more in a cozy.
Debbie
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, a very fun read. We continue on with the search for treasure, if you haven't read the previous books I don't think that you will have any trouble reading this. We see the sisters developing some unknown abilities, strangers, a nasty sheriff that keeps cropping up and a cat who seems to know all, what more could you ask for? The sisters are all likeable characters and I had fun hunting treasure with them. I can't wait to start the next book.
Kathy Elliott
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fun

I've enjoyed the first three books in this series, but the plots are fairly basic and they could be longer, with more detail, and deeper characterization. Think of this series as if it were Hershey's Kisses and not a Godiva truffle. They both have their place, but you wouldn't mistake them.

These books are great when you just need some mind candy.
Sz Davis
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Simply fun
Tony Parsons
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perkins Cove (Noquitt, Maine, Atlantic Ocean). Rita’s Eat’s Diner. Celeste Blackmoore (3rd. born) had hired Professor Reinhardt Skinner (historian) to decipher a 300 yr.-old journal that had belonged to Captain Isaiah Blackmoore (great-great-great-great-great grandfather, import merchant).
He never finished telling her about it. The EMT’s pronounced Professor Skinner dead on site.
Sheriff Overton had arrived at the scene.

That evening Celeste had to let Morgan Blackmoore (1st. born), Fiona Black
Sam
Another 3.5 star read for me, rounding to 4.

This third book carries on from the events of the second book, so it's a good idea to read them in order. The sisters have hired a professor to help them with the journal they found in the attic, but he drops dead before he can tell them what he's discovered. And, of course, the sheriff is convinced that the sisters are up to no good and have murdered the poor chap. So now it's up to the sisters to keep their names clear and solve the mystery of the jo
Becky Fisk
Feb 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
I finished the first 3 books in the Blackmoore series because I’d paid for them. That’s the extent of it. I’m saddened to say that the books were terribly underwhelming. The character development is several lacking; the plot is easy to figure out. The romantic relationships have no basis besides adding a few more characters. The“powers” are just thrown out there and accepted immediately as if the very thought was normal yet they say they are just getting used to it. If so where do we see the con ...more
Beverly
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Each book of the series focuses on one of the 4 Blackmoore sisters who live in a 24-room house on the Maine coast. This one focuses on the one who sees ghosts. The saga continues, though, on the buried treasure of one of their ancestors and the competing bands of ruthless treasure hunters who will kill to acquire the treasure.
Each of the books is rather short, maybe of novelette length. Around 150 pages? The plot is simple with a little bit of romance thrown in. And Belladona, an ageless cat wh
Christine Ricci
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
A nice quick, cozy read. I'm enjoying seeing how the Blackmoore Sisters are adapting to their talents.
I enjoy the characters and find this book fun. I'm not looking for an intense read right now, so this is perfect for me at the moment.(view spoiler)
Cheryl
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
It's been a while since I've read one of Leighann Dobbs' novels and I'd completely forgotten how much of an enjoyable read they are.
This book, the third in the Blackmore Sisters series, was provided for free by InstaFreebie and the author. I have read the first book in the series, and this new one has rekindled my interest to go on and read more about the sister's mysteries.
A quick, easy, guilty pleasure of a read.
January
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hidden treasure is always good

The sisters at it again with the sheriff once more blaming them for yet another murder. A mysterious man aiding in their quest to decide an ancient journal and a 300 year old pirate ship hidden away. A perfect cross of mystery and finding of love as two sisters have done previously, I pray the next book is just as enchanting
Bonnie Dale Keck
Mar 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Kindle Unlimited, Leighann Dobbs writes under Leighann Dobbs, Annie Dobbs and (soon) L.A. Dobbs but her real name {not sure if she writes under that one} is Lee Dobbins, Hazel Martin Mysteries only one I found for this type with her, she has not made sure that terms used match the British terms as well as in other areas for that period of architecture and assorted styles.

The Notch Cozy Mystery Series {5 out as of this writing} and the Blackbore Sisters Cozy Mysteries are not on Kindle Unlimited
Roberta
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was another great addition to the series, and you learn more about the Blackmoore ancestors and that the sisters have in them powers they didn't know they had.
Each of the Blackmoore sisters are continuing to evolve and grow, its great to read such a wonderful story with such great characters.
Cant wait for the next one!
Krystyna
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The family, past and present reunite to fight

Breathtaking! Why did the historian die and what did he mean? The sisters have to unravel this to get to the bottom of why someone is determined to cause them harm. Belladonna as usual is her enigmatic self but again proves her weight in gold. Plus we are now introduced to another romantic interest
Joanne Horner
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting continued story

A quick read that is an interesting update on the Blackmore sisters and their interesting powers also an update on their treasure. Belladonna continues on as the all knowing cat. Continues the story nicely even add a new mystery man.
Heidi
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Book 3. Finally the annoying sheriff gets what's coming to him. I am glad, although the way he is disposed of is not too believable, and none of the sisters saw him go. Is he really gone? I hope so. Another fun, quick read in this Blackmoore sisters series.
Thomas
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another fun story from Leighann Dobbs with well developed characters, a strong plot line and many twist. I knocked one star off because I felt the story did not stay true to the spirit of one of the characters.
Jeanne
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Will I read any more? No. I like the pagan theme and the fact that the women (she calls them girls) can take care of themselves most of the time without needing rescued but that is not enough.
Juliette Moody
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There be Pirates

Ahhh booty, gold, pirates, ships and mayhem. The girls are at it again. Oh did I forget to mention ghosts.....
Sandra
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
finishes mystery starting in books one and two. I got these as a boxed set that was free from Barnes and Noble for my ereader.
Shakir Nelson
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked it

I think they should have at least got the bait out and have it to the museum for all the hard work Skinner did
Lisa B Claybrook
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

The book was very interesting kept me reading to the end of the book didn't want to put it down.
Heather Hastings
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
These books are such fun quick reads . I love the characters and the stories are entertaining.
Tabby
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome series!!!

I love the characters in this series!! I will be reading the next one in! Read in order so you don’t miss out.
Jane Love
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Will Skinner be able to help the sisters translate the journal and is there really treasure hidden, Luke and his men try to keep the girls safe along with Cal and Jake.
  • In Deep Water (Pajaro Bay, #3)
  • Hold Back the Dark
  • My Best Friends Have Hairy Legs
  • The Colony Cat Caper (Klepto Cat Mystery #5)
  • Forever Mine (Amber Reed Mystery #3)
  • Shameless (Burton & Kazmaroff Mysteries #2)
  • Undone
  • With Extreme Pleasure
  • a Touch of the Past
  • Nightwalker
  • Murder Most Witchy (Wendy Lightower Mystery #1)
  • The Shop of Shades and Secrets
  • Death of a Modern King (Stormy Day Mystery #4)
  • A Beautiful Heist (Agency of Burglary & Theft, #1)
  • Little Miss Straight Lace
  • "Wicked" Women Whodunit
  • I Shot You Babe (Bombay Assassins, #4)
  • Capitol Magic (Jane Madison, #3.5)
USA Today bestselling author, Leighann Dobbs, discovered her passion for writing after a twenty year career as a software engineer. She lives in New Hampshire with her husband Bruce, their trusty Chihuahua mix Mojo and beautiful rescue cat, Kitty.

Her book "Dead Wrong" won the "Best Mystery Romance" award at the 2014 Indie Romance Convention.

Her book "Ghostly Paws" was the 2015 Chanticleer Mystery

Blackmoore Sisters Mystery (9 books)
  • Dead Wrong (Blackmoore Sisters Mystery, #1)
  • Dead & Buried (Blackmoore Sisters Mystery, #2)
  • Buried Secrets (Blackmoore Sisters Mystery, #4)
  • Deadly Intentions (Blackmoore Sisters Mystery, #5)
  • A Grave Mistake (Blackmore Sisters Mystery, #6)
  • Spell Found (Blackmore Sisters Mystery, #7)
  • Fatal Fortune (Blackmoore Sisters Mystery #8)
  • Hidden Secrets (Blackmoore Sisters Cozy Mysteries Book 9)