Start by marking “Emptiness Dancing” as Want to Read:
Emptiness Dancing

Emptiness Dancing

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  833 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
There is something about you brighter than the sun and more mysterious than the night sky.

Who are you when you are not thinking yourself into existence? What is ultimately behind the set of eyes reading these words? In Emptiness Dancing, Adyashanti invites you to wake up to the essence of what you are, through the natural and spontaneous opening of the mind, heart, and bo
Published May 1st 2006 by Sounds True (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Emptiness Dancing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emptiness Dancing

Jade
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really, really enjoyed this book, and very often go back to it.

On a practical side, it's organised into different, stand alone chapters, that address topics such as Fear, Love, Dharmic Relationship, and Enlightenment. You can read it from the beginning to the end, or dip in and out depending on which chapters catch your eye.

I found the book to be really well written, and discuss each topic with great depth and clarity, and to be accessible to people at all stages of their spiritual evolution.
John
Dec 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The unfathomable world of zen broken down by a realized master. Adayshanti was born and raised in the SF Bay Area in California, which for me made his style more accessible than many teachers from the East. The book is free of Zen jargon and traditional Zen koans, however it is not lacking in ability to disarm the mind from concepts. Adyashanti describes his awakening and what it means to live an awakened life. What it is to find that deep peace and radiance. This is the essential non-dual guide ...more
Dona
Mar 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
A student recommended this book to me before Spring Break, and I really enjoyed reading it very slowly. I don't know much about the author--if he really practices what he preaches--but I definitely thought there was wisdom to be obtained from his writing and his outlook on life, which are very positive.
Carolyn
Dec 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Awesome. I've read this book at least 4 times. Very easy and clear to understand. Doesn't have a lot of difficult terminology or lingo that some spirituality books use. I've given this book about 10 times as a gift because I think it's that important.
MagicalFi
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Go to the unknown, experience the unknown, be the unknown."

"None of your identities exist until you think them into existence."

This book has many great things to tell, but also I believe Adyashanti seems too nice sometimes, as there were passages that I disagree with. But overall I enjoyed it. I've tried reading everyday 2 chapters and sometimes random one's as he suggested in the preface.

This is definitely for people who are truth-seekers and want to be inspired.

"When you really love, you k
Earl II
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a marvelous book by author who has lived through the very thing is trying to help others lived through. The writing style is easily readable and devilishly complex at the same time. I found myself rereading sections and discovering things that I had missed during prior readings. I also found myself realizing what the author was trying to say only after I had finished the book and started through it again. This is a book where indigestion is insufficient. Digestion is the key and it takes ...more
Jill
Sep 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A book I'll continue to read over and over to remind me of how from less comes peace and love.

Adyashanti writes simply of our need to empty ourselves of all we believe we are, using the teachings of Buddha. His conversations with students are helpful in answering the readers questions along the path to acknowledged englightment.
Kim
Dec 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Adya is so clear, precise and present. Even more so in person. If I could spend more time at his retreats, I would be a different person. Nonetheless, he is one of the most inspirational people I have encountered and feel lucky to have him lecture in the Bay.
Madhav
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
One of the best spiritual book that I have read in recent time.
Petra
Feb 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This was a real lesson in mastering my ego.
I would recommend it to anyone who struggles with the concept.
  • The Diamond in Your Pocket: Discovering Your True Radiance
  • I Am That: Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
  • The Transparency of Things: Contemplating the Nature of Experience
  • Spiritual Enlightenment: The Damnedest Thing
  • The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation
  • Be As You Are: The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi
  • The Translucent Revolution: How People Just Like You Are Waking Up and Changing the World
  • Spiritual Bypassing: When Spirituality Disconnects Us from What Really Matters
  • Wake Up Now: A Guide to the Journey of Spiritual Awakening
  • Take Me to Truth: Undoing the Ego
  • Being Zen: Bringing Meditation to Life
  • The Fundamental Wisdom of the Middle Way: Nāgārjuna's Mūlamadhyamakakārikā
  • The Eye of the I: From Which Nothing is Hidden
Adyashanti is an American spiritual teacher from the San Francisco Bay Area who gives regular satsangs in the United States and also teaches abroad. He is the author of several books, CDs and DVDs and is the founder of Open Gate Sangha, Inc. a nonprofit organization that supports, and makes available, his teachings.
More about Adyashanti...
“My speaking is meant to shake you awake, not to tell you how to dream better.” 44 likes
“The Truth is the only thing you’ll ever run into that has no agenda.” 37 likes