Start by marking “The Life of an American Sniper Chris Kyle : The Extraordinary life of Most Lethal American Sniper Chris Kyle” as Want to Read:

Chris Kyle’s story and that of any human being who dies senselessly before the age of 40 is a tragic one. Chris Kyle was a young man with a history of bravery and service to his country. The story of Chris Kyle's life and the life of his killer collided, bringing to
Published August 10th 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Life of an American Sniper Chris Kyle , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Life of an American Sniper Chris Kyle

Colin Zygmuntowski
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I though it was really good about how he grew up and what the navy is about.
Sage Bartch
Apr 18, 2016 marked it as to-read
In american sniper its more like a diary and explaining more of what the seals do. Also the mental and physical effect it has on him and his social and love life. this book would go to people that want to know more about war fair and how soldiers act. He starts signing up for the military and then goes into seals and is in a lot of stressed out situations. There was one test he took and it showed that his heart slowed when he was in combat and when he wasent it was going really fast. which is re ...more
Linda Bartolone-Mio Bertolo
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of the top 10 books I've ever read. I felt drawn in and was able to understand and "feel" the book. The honesty and transparency was refreshing and the humor had me giggling out loud many times. His love of his wife, children, family, military family was loyal and true along with his love of his country. This book is fantastic and a great read, everything is explained for those of us non-military types. Makes me appreciate the sacrifices that military personnel make so others can be safe and ...more
samantha bair
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Emotional

I chose to read this because I just watched the movie...I found out a couple things from reading this though that I'm not very happy about...I would recommend this read though....it's emotional and powerful...thank you Chris Kyle for serving this country....rest in peace man
Kathleen DuVall
Feb 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I wanted to read this before I saw the movie. It was not very well written but maybe that was part of the point - he was just an guy doing a job that he loved surrounded by an amazing circle of family and friends. After reading about the making of the movie, I realize it will be different than the book and why but that is okay.
vivian bryant
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Honored hero

I enjoyed reading about Chris Kyle. There a lot of hero's I don't hear or read about. If people don't like what he did after he came home doesn't have anything to do with what he did for the country. He did what he was capable of doing when the time came.
Chris Burnside
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Just plain sucked

Littlefield was a coward. NOT an an American hero. Shots fired in combat is one thing, shots fired for no other reason than he was too chickenshit to go out on his own, to control someone else's destiny does NOT a hero make.
Charlotte A Wingate
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Amazing!!!

A very good short synopsis of Chris Kyle's life. Every American should read this for the ending chapters. They tell of how our present day leaders feel about our military, or in this case, their lack of respect!
Buddy Newsome
Mar 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
don't buy

Nothing in this short book that's not in Kyle's autobiography. Don't buy this book. It is obviously written in an attempt to make money with facts gathered from another book.
Cyndi Bower
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this book

Chris Kyle was a true American hero! A life cut short! I hope his wife continues what her husband started.
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
True hero

I know he did his job and some think that shouldn't be praised. Yet he was the best. If we idolize celebrities...we should worship men and women like Chris Kyle.
Edgar Valdes
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
short read. Great overview of his life and what he did for vets and others
Neil
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
didn't much like the author and didn't think the book was much good either.
Jacqueline Bryan
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My review

Very good read, very insightful...what a man he was..May he rest in peace and prayers for his family. God bless them.
Kunni Biener
Jun 25, 2014 rated it liked it
interesting and a little scary as Mr. Kyle is not open to other cultures, believed that his way, his beliefs were the only ones.
Becky
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
American sniper information

I liked the book because it was straight forward in providing some interesting facts of the man's life path to his career.
Victoria Barnett
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Not the best book to read

The mistakes in grammar make this a difficult book to read. The information is secondary at best. It reads like a high school term paper.
Heinz Park
Need mor4e Men like him as Snipers.
Emily Fleming
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A down to earth realistic story of an American Hero.
Sharon Liford
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Well written showing the sacrifice given for our freedom would recommend it be read by all
A true American hero