Start by marking “The Furry Matchmaker (Waiting For You To Fall #1)” as Want to Read:
The Furry Matchmaker  (Waiting For You To Fall #1)

The Furry Matchmaker

(Waiting For You To Fall #1)

Dave Wallace is on his way to work when the sight of a tiny kitten stranded on an interstate overpass nearly breaks his heart. After he stops to save her, he goes to the nearest vet and meets Dr. Christian Prince, a gorgeous man David assumes is straight and completely uninterested in him. When Dave leaves he knows he'll never see the vet again... until Christian calls him ...more
ebook, 2nd edition, 52 pages
Published October 6th 2014 by Lori Toland Books (first published May 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Furry Matchmaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Furry Matchmaker

Start your review of The Furry Matchmaker (Waiting For You To Fall #1)
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I don’t think I can say anything without minor and maybe a couple bigger spoilers.

(view spoiler) ...more
Heather C
A sweet, short read about 2 men with broken gaydars. It was a bit silly and the ending was rushed, but it was AMAZING compared to the last book I was trying to read. Also, the "furry matchmaker" didn't play as big of a role as I expected.
Ami
Apr 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-short-stories
This story has KITTEN. IT HAS KITTEN!! Okay, sorry, I just have to let that out. I'm a sucker for pets in any stories, so this one warms me quick. Especially since it has kitten (can't you guess that I'm a cat person rather than a dog? *lol*)

The two main characters do need to work on their communication skill (or they gaydar, if that one exists *lol*) but it's good when they finally get it right. The lovely ending (which gives readers a glimpse of their life in the "future") is another plus poi
Karen K
This was such a sweet heart-warming story - short but not all about sex which can sometimes be the case. Dave and Christian are so enchanting - dancing around one another because they're sure the other is "straight". The "furry matchmaker" is freaking adorable, too. I love that it didn't just stop but gave the reader a little bit of closure. Short, but so sweet.
Serena Yates
May 06, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
This is a sweet, fun, much too short story about two men brought together by a wounded kitten. It takes the two humans a while to work out that they belong together, but when they do, it's a major success and just goes to show that cats know better than humans.

Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Hot guys, a wounded little kitten and steamy sex...what more can a girl ask for? A copy of The Furry Matchmaker, that’s what!

I’m a sucker for M/M stories. I love them sweet, sticky, sexy... doesn’t matter. I also love stories with kitties in them. This book delivers both the M/M and the kitty. Coupled with Ms. Toland’s easy writing style and descriptive scenes, and the reader is in for a treat.

I fell in lust with this book when I read the blurb. Dave and Christian are great heroes. There’s a h
Lucy
Jan 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very short story of an adorable kitten who causes the meeting of the man who rescues her and the vet who checks her out. There is a lot of miscommunication going on, but eventually they work it out. Very sweet and cute.
Melanie~~
This was a very sweet story that managed to get a good bit of misunderstanding-angst in it's 40 pages.

I enjoyed it and would definitely look for other stories by this author.
Nagisa Furukawa
Mar 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
um, to be honest, I wouldn't rec this book for anyone to read. It's not rec. worthy. Sorry.
Alex
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was cute. The guys were hot but sweet and the kitten was adorable. I would definitely recommend it for when you need a quick, feel-good read.
R.J.
May 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love me some 'oblivious hero'... poor David... and Christian as a Vet... denial and angst and some hot sexxin'... and a kitten... this ticks all my boxes... loved it...
V
Feb 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Very cute, with a nice happy ending.
Crystal Marie
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a really quick, cute, and sweet story! I was pleasantly surprised at how much Ms. Toland was able to pack into this story with how short it was. I thought she did a great job with the characters because they were very well developed in my opinion.

The storyline was one that I haven’t actually read before, so I enjoyed that immensely. I thought that she did a great job at writing the characters to where they were both in the dark until they were ready to come into the light and see what
Lori Toland
Nov 27, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'll be giving away paperback copies at GRL to a few lucky fans!

I hope you enjoy this short story that was previously published. No need to re-buy the book if you already have it. Only light edits were made to the story but it is on 99c pre-order at ARe.

L-D
Aug 30, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this sweet short story. Dave rescues a wounded kitten and brings her to the vet. Christian Prince is a gorgeous vet and is immediately attracted to the hunky knight in shining armor. I just thought this story was a perfect quick read and would have loved to learn more about Christian and Dave.
blub
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked how the story started out but after that it just got a bit too rushed and farfetched for me. I mean (view spoiler) There were too many assumptions and the lack of communication between the two just made me a bit frustrated.
Jimmy Hanson
Jan 09, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, m-m
A typical read, nothing really special at all. It really irked me, how everyone was beautiful and gorgeous and ... not realistic at all.

Oh, and the kitten? The 'furry matchmaker' itself? Had little to nothing to do with the story at all.
Neka Marie
Jun 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A big, strong guy who has a soft spot for a kitten and the vet that helps save it's life--what is not to love? This book not only has two wonderful, sexy heros and an adorable kitten, it also has great sexual tension that kept me turning the pages.
Emily
This was a cute story. I loved how the two met and I love Drew even more because of the kitten. Not many people would take the time to rescue a kitten on the side of the road. I fell in love with him the second he stopped and with how much he cared for the kitten.
Sadonna
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, mm, pdf
Very cute short story of a guy who has gotten out of a relationship and one day on his way to work spies a kitten on the road. He takes her to the nearest vet's office where he meets Christian.

They both seem to have broken gaydars ;) The story is short and sweet and I enjoyed it.
Julesmarie
Nov 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m
The stupid in this story goes way beyond broken gaydars. Both men are honestly just too stupid to live.
Tailtiu
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2,5☆
Dutchgirl
Sep 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: deleted-reader
This story was to absurd. Every page i turned it was oh no this is not happening(again). No character development at all. Waste of time and money.
Mary
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
cute read
Kayla Burgess
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love it.

Cute as well.
Nice read.
Perfect for short reading.
Loved the characters.
Sep 01, 2011
Katrina Rowland
Sep 28, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
CEO by day, erotic romance writer by night, Lori Toland somehow finds time to play video games and watch movies while taking care of her cats and husband. I'm also a secret cat.

Visit Lori's web site at http://www.loritoland.com or e-mail her at lori@loritoland.com.

Waiting For You To Fall (4 books)
  • Perform For Me (Waiting For You To Fall #2)
  • Landfall (Waiting For You to Fall, #3)
  • Worth The Wait (Waiting For You To Fall #4)