Start by marking “Reckless Recon (Barren Planet #3)” as Want to Read:
Reckless Recon (Barren Planet #3)

Reckless Recon

(Barren Planet #3)

Following his brother half way across the galaxy seemed like a good idea at the time, but it hadn’t hit him just how much he was giving up. Stir-crazy after three weeks in space, Kerit, professional surfer turned interstellar colonist, jumps at the chance to get off the ship and onto the new planet’s surface — even if it is a little inhospitable.

He expects searing heat. H
Published June 28th 2014 (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Reckless Recon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless Recon

Start your review of Reckless Recon (Barren Planet #3)
Brenda
Kerit was feeling restless – three weeks on the space ship Resolution was beginning to wear thin. With over a thousand people on board, little irritations seemed to be flaring everywhere. Plus Marlee, Kerit’s sister-in-law was in the final stages of her pregnancy and Tyris was concerned about her health as well as the responsibility of everyone on board.

As the Resolution hovered high above their destination – a deserted planet which had been hit by a meteor and decimated by acid rain and intense
Coco.V
Jun 21, 2021 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁Part of the Worlds Apart: Complete Series Box Set (Worlds Apart, #1-4) which is FREE on Amazon today (6/22/2021)! 🎁
Dmcl
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forsaken Planet, Book 3 in the Worlds Apart series, is a wonderful continuation of the saga but not dependent on the other stories for understanding. The reader can get enough background on what’s passed as they read the book. It’s a great story with the very engaging couple of Kerit and Folly taking the lead. Tension mounts throughout the tale and has the reader on the edge of her seat until the end. Rinelle Grey has built a great world that is extended here as we get closer to the exciting ser ...more
Sam M
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Book 3! Great! Had to read them all in 1 weekend!

Action continues with more drama.. The people on Resolution thought they were finally going to find a home for themselves on the planet of Semala but of course, like everything else there was more conflict.. They find a real alien, and people on the planet who will not share because they want to keep the colonies rules, from which the people fled from. So.... Back to the sky again for them..
Elaina Myers
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good sci-fi romance

This story is engaging, the characters and plot are interesting. I definitely want to see what happens next.

Also, while there is a point where I was second guessing the characters’ response to one of the situations, they reassessed when circumstances changed and it turned out really well. Yay! Lol :-D
Sharon Noble
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book for an honest review!
Wow! What a great story! I haven't read the other books I this series, but this is a full stand alone book! If you like adventure, friendship & love, then this book is well worth a read.
Celestine
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
This book has been floating around in my to-be-read pile for awhile, and since funds are low this month, I was keeping myself limited to my Kindle Unlimited $$ (which is always difficult when there are so many good books to read....). Up popped Reckless Recon. I had read the previous two books in the series - Reckless Rescue and Reckless Rebellion - so long ago that I felt I needed to go back and skim them before embarking on Reckless Recon. Well, skim turned into thoroughly re-reading because R ...more
Denise
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
I really enjoyed the first two books in the series, but this one was a little disappointing. It was a little rushed to me. This is Kerit's story, Tyris's brother. Kerit volunteers to go down to the uninhabited planet to set a beacon so that a new process to make the planet habitable. Thinking that the planted is uninhabited he was surprised when he bumps into Folly who informs him that at least 5000 people already live on the planet inside a giant cave. Folly gets Kerit to fly her to a deserted ...more
Samantha
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book. I loved the new characters in this one. It's a great read, I highly recommend this book ...more
Rosie Amber
Jun 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reckless Recon is the third book in the Barren Planet series. I made a slow start as I tried to remember what had happened in the last book, but I soon picked up the story from the reminders in the plot. A group of rebels are looking for a new planet to inhabit after leaving The Colonies because they disagreed with the strict rules implied to restrict the population growth.

Kerit volunteers to go down to the uninhabited planet to set a beacon so that a new process called terraforming can be used
Betty
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reckless Recon by RINELLE GREY

This third book in her wonderful series is going to grab your attention for their characters and their story is a fantastic addition! I love stories that brings them best out of them characters and gives them confidence in their own unique way of dealing with everyone and everything. That's what this story brings out,creating a totally enjoyable experience! Can't wait for them next addition to be released in her terrific writing style and heartwarming characters! I'
liirogue
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
A little disappointing. I really enjoyed the first two books in the series - they were a good mix of sci-fi, adventure, and (believable) romance. This book had some good action, but the romance wasn't convincing. It was insta-love with a heaping dose of angst and quickly became the main focus of the book, with all other plot points relegated to the occasional paragraph.

That being said, I do find the potential plot for the next book in the series intriguing and plan on reading it.
Amanda
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
Wow, this was my favourite Rinelle Grey book so far. Folly and Kerit are truly loveable characters who I willed to get together. The world building is detailed and realistic - I want to visit the caves - and the plot twists very unexpected. I can't say anymore without spoilers, but I was very happy to find out there will be a fourth in the series. Roll on Reckless Remedy!
Tracy's Place
Feb 14, 2016 rated it liked it
3.75 out of 5

Cute story but the insta-live drove me a bit nuts.
Kelli
L.C.
Jan 13, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sci-Fi Romance: Reckless Recon 3 16 Jul 03, 2014 06:01PM

• Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • Devolose (Galaxy Gladiators #4)
  • Sirius (Galaxy Gladiators, #7)
  • Bad, Bad Bluebloods (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep, #2)
  • Taken by the Alien Warrior (Warriors of Agron #1)
  • Darkworld (Darklight #3)
  • Darklight (Darklight #1)
  • A Circle of Nine (A Shade of Vampire #82)
  • Filthy Rich Boys (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep, #1)
  • Rekker (Vaznik Warriors, #1)
  • Storm Dragon’s Desire (Royal Dragon Shifters of Morocco, #4)
  • Sought (Brides of the Kindred, #3)
  • Found (Brides of the Kindred, #4)
  • Chosen (The Warrior Chronicles, #1)
  • The Secret Girl (Adamson All-Boys Academy #1)
  • Mastering The Mistress (Kindred Tales, #1)
  • The Ruthless Boys (Adamson All-Boys Academy #2)
  • In the Arms of the Elite (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep, #4)
Rinelle Grey is no stranger to alternate lifestyles. She grew up in a variety of different homes, including a riverside shack with no electricity or running water, and even a tent. She and her sister spent their childhood chasing goats, climbing trees, eating peas and corn out of their mother’s vegetable garden, and occasionally rushing to get their correspondence school work in on time. Despite t ...more

Barren Planet (4 books)
  • Forbidden Planet (Worlds Apart, #1)
  • Regulated Planet (Worlds Apart, #2)
  • Stranded in Space (Worlds Apart #4)