Start by marking “A Grosvenor Square Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Grosvenor Square Christmas

Read Book

A Grosvenor Square Christmas

(The Sons of the Revolution #3.5)

Enchantment touches a tall gray house in Grosvenor Square. The legend of Lady Winterson’s Christmas ball promises true love and happiness to one lucky couple. Four short tales.

1 1803 - The Seduction of a Duchess by Shana Galen

Rowena Harcourt, Duchess of Valère, never forgot the handsome footman who helped her escape the French Revolution. For fourteen years, Gabriel L
Published October 10th 2013

To ask other readers questions about A Grosvenor Square Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Grosvenor Square Christmas

Start your review of A Grosvenor Square Christmas
Al George
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Let the holidays begin! I'm off to find some of my own mistletoe

mistletoe

Look, if I'm a Jew surrounded by all things Christmas (yep, married to a Gentile), I'm gonna do everything I can to embrace the celebration and family oriented parts of the season. Gotta get myself in the mood to get my Santa on. First step, a Holiday Challenge with the Historical Romance Book Club: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/....

Shana Galen: The Seduction of a Duchess:
Super cute. Super short. In fact, too short. As in we
 Danielle The Book Huntress
This was such an exciting free book deal on Amazon Kindle. I am an admitted huge fan of Anna Campbell, so I ran to get it when she said it was free in her newsletter. What a pleasant surprise that I enjoyed all the stories more or less equally. One caveat, if you don't care for very short romance stories at all, give this one a miss.

The premise was quite pleasing. This collection of stories revolve around the concept of a ball held by a particular doyenne of the ton known for throwing a Christm
Andrea
There was magic to be found at the Christmas Ball at No. 3 Grosvenor Place. One need only look in the right place.

Lovely Christmas anthology of four sweet stories set around No 3, Grosvenor Square, where every year one couple finds true love at the traditional holiday ball.

Shana Galen: The Seduction of a Duchess ~ 2 stars
A widowed Duchess finds the man who saved her and her children's live during the French Revolution - her former footman. This story was much too short for me. Both characters h
Faye*
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was in such a Christmas mood so I tried this little book with four short stories. It wasn't really what I'd hoped, though.
If any of you have a recommendation for sweet christmassy love story, please please let me know, I'd really could use it. ;)
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Oct 22, 2013 marked it as own-need-to-read
You do not want to miss this!!

Free today on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FSLF4NO

Four breathtakingly romantic tales of a Regency Christmas from four bestselling romance authors.

Down through the years, enchantment touches a tall gray house in Grosvenor Square. The legend of Lady Winterson’s Christmas ball promises true love and happiness to one lucky couple. Who will feel the magic this winter?

1803 - The Seduction of a Duchess by Shana Galen

Rowena Harcourt, the Duchess of Valère, never forg
Mary - Buried Under Romance
I LOVE this anthology. Fantastic stories from wonderful authors.

Full review to come. lol
Juliana Philippa
Overall. This is a generally sweet anthology that I didn't mind reading, but I think that's for the most part because I got it for free; I would have been disappointed had I actually paid for it. There was nothing that was horrible, but nothing that really glowed either. One of the biggest downfalls was that these were all actually short (short!) stories, not even novellas, and how can you possibly develop a good romance in that short a time? It's difficult to pull it off in a novella, let alone ...more
LaFleurBleue
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
That was my first "seasonal reading" to prepare for Christmas and the cold weather ahead. Not that obvious, even if it is the middle of the cool season here. Indeed the coolest temperature I ever saw on the thermometer was just a few days ago with a balmy 25.6C (78F), not exactly what we're used to for Christmas in Europe, or most of North America either.
Except for the mentioning of snow, mistletoe and holiday spirit, this book was a miss. I was also looking forward to reading it to discover rec
So I made it to book 9 of my 10 book TBR challenge. My TBR is looking less overburdened by the day. :)

The Seduction of a Duchess (Shana Galen)- 2 stars. Not as much character development as the other stories, but I feel like this would’ve been better read as part of the Sons of Revolution series. Still, short and sweet.

One Kiss for Christmas (Vanessa Kelly)- 2 stars. Cute and sweet. No mentions of a OW to speak of.

His Christmas Cinderella (Anna Campbell)- 2 stars. Short, safe and sweet. Non-m
Sue Gerhardt Griffiths
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
The magic of Christmas is well and truly alive in these four Christmas stories. Loved this anthology, each story was adorable and witty and the fourth book has a fabulous ending concerning the loveable butler who featured throughout all four books.

Definitely recommend this anthology over the festive season.
Celestine
These were four well written short stories with an interconnected location and hostess. The stories span several decades. They were just the right length for my distracted attention during the holidays. All are sweetly romantic, with the offering by Anna Campbell having some added spice.
HR-ML
Nov 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas, anthology
Light, frothy Regency etc. novellas. The 1st was
so short, if you blinked it was over!

I liked best "One Kiss for Christmas" by Vanessa
Kelly. Where the man w/o the title 'won' the young
lady.
Maria
Nov 21, 2015 rated it liked it
This novella is included in the anthology A Grosvenor Square Christmas. If you would like to know my thoughts on it and on the other stories of the collection, just click on the link below.

My review of "A Grosvenor Square Christmas"

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Merged review:

Four short stories, all of them set in the Regency era, and all of them with a main character that somehow links these novellas to each other. Lady Winterson lives at No. 3 Grosvenor Square in London and every year during Chris
Aoi
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hf-england
I was a bit too impatient to wait for the holidays, this anthology does bring in the holiday mood.

1803 - The Seduction of a Duchess by Shana Galen : 4 stars
An unusual romance- both in terms of age and social classes. It was a wonderful story, though I confess to wanting to more about the hero's past.

1818 - One Kiss for Christmas by Vanessa Kelly: 1 star

DNF. It's all well and good to have a "just dependable" hero. But it's a little putting-off when the hero calls himself that,over and over again.
Julie
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
A Grosvenor Square Christmas is an October 2013 release. This is a collection of four novellas by Ana Campbell, Shana Galen, Vanessa Kelly, and Kate Noble. All the stories are set in regency period England.

No.3 Grosvenor Square is rumored to be a magical place. Each year, the owner of the house, a widow named Lucy host an extravagant Christmas Ball. Anyone invited to the ball simply can not or will not miss it.
The special butler, an institution, adds just right touch to make each story special.
F
Lisa Hutson
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My first Christmas stories of the season.
Four very different authors. Stories all connected by the wonderful Lucy, Lady Winterson & the lovely butler, Philbert at No. 3 Grosvenor Place.
There is nothing more fun than historical holiday romance.
Sweet stories. Fun characters. Mistletoe. Surprises. And love love love..........
Highly recommended reading for romance and getting into the holiday spirit!
Patti
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Grosvenor Square Christmas is a collection of short stories by some truly amazing authors. The Seduction of a Duchess, by Shana Galen was great. I loved that Rowena finally got her happily ever after! One Kiss for Christmas, by Vanessa Kelly was a very cute story. His Christmas Cinderella by Anna Campbell was very touching and I loved the characters. The Last First Kiss, by Kate Noble was a touching story of a girl growing into a woman and winning her man.
Samanthya Wyatt
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Christmas reads

4 lovely stories about 4 different couples and a touch of mistletoe magic. Lady Winterson is connected to each story. The couples realise their love while attending her ball which is exciting. And a love is also revealed to the hostess. Very enjoyable.
Booklover, Indianapolis
(Dec) This was an Amazon freebie a year or two ago, so I got it and it's been sitting on my Kindle ever since. I figured 'tis the season, so why not? The premise was cute - each year Lucy Frost hosts a holiday ball and each ball a couple ends up together. Maybe I should have read the reviews first? It was not at all what I was expecting. First of all, the whole book was only about 160 pages, so each story was >40 pages. Second of all, it was pretty much a no-sex book - not something I enjoy in r ...more
Mo
Every year at this time I love getting my PJ’s on right after dinner, and curling up with a Christmas Regency Romance novella. The problem is that so many of them are abysmally bad. Unfortunately, this was one of the stinkers.

2 1/2 stars The Seduction of a Duchess by Shana Galen - Uninspired. There was nothing charming nor magical about it.

2 stars One Kiss For Christmas by Vanessa Kelly - How exactly was this guy acting like a dashing rogue? I don't think so.

2 stars His Christmas Cinderella by A
Andree
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
These were okay. They're more short stories than novellas. I like the conceit of the collection (all the couples fall in love at an annual Christmas ball), but I read this a few days ago, and I really can't remember any of them. Basically, they're fine, but there's nothing memorable about them. ...more
Tanya Sridhar
Rating for individual books to come soon
Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie*
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: purchased
REVIEW OF THE SEDUCTION OF A DUCHESS BY SHANA GALEN

This was a sweet, tender older woman/younger man romance.

The heroine, Rowena not only battles her own insecurities but also the overprotectiveness of her sons. I enjoyed watching Gabriel convince Rowena that he truly loves her and coming to the conclusion that sometimes actions speak louder than words. I wanted to hug Rowena when she finds the courage to follow her heart…. she doesn’t care what her sons think and ‘the beau monde could go hang it
Dorine
Original Review posted at TBR Mountain Range.

A delightful Regency historical anthology by four talented "new to me" authors. Also currently a freebie at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

A GROSVENOR SQUARE CHRISTMAS is a great concept that easily creates a cohesive anthology. The widowed Countess of Winterson, Lucy Frost, throws great parties with the help of her secretive butler, Philbert. They have the reputation for bringing together unexpected, happy-ever-after couples as part of their party’s all
4 Stars

I read this for the 2016 TBR Challenge -- December -- Holiday Reads. The challenge is hosted by Wendy the Super Librarian.

A Grosvenor Square Christmas is an enjoyable anthology that is centered around a legendary Christmas ball hosted every year by Lady Winterson. I have had a difficult time getting into the holiday spirit this year so I am happy to report that this collection of stories made me smile. Three of the authors are known to me with Vanessa Kelly being the only one I haven't tr
Gemma
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well worth the read. Usually, you're lucky to find just one decent story in an anthology. All four novellas were winners. I liked that each couple had history together. It kept the stories from feeling rushed. I also liked the common theme. Each story takes place during an annual Christmas Eve ball, and legend has it that one couple will find their happily ever after there against all odds.

I know I'll be reading this one again in the coming years.

Reread December 2016.
Robyne S. Samuels
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A lovely collection

A lovely collection of short stories centered around a yearly Christmas ball. Each story made me want to read more. I nice little book to read on a cold winter night with a warm cup off chocolate and snuggle with your winter bunny after reading one short. Romance is in the air how nice. Don't get caught up in them being short just enjoy.
Tracey
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful, entertaining, well written, heart warming collection of Christmas historical romance novellas. The thread that ties the stories together is a Christmas ball, which takes place over the course of 30 years. I especially liked that the Kindle edition listed each story as a chapter, so that the reader is aware of how much longer remains in each story.
Katherine Ranft
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful reading!!

Each story had laughter,tenderness,and the hope the couple would overcome all. A book one could not put down till the very end. All the characters were believable and interesting.
Vicki
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, gift, ebook
Yay Christmas comes to #3 Grosvenor Square and it is a snowy, lovely, sweet and quick ride.

The stories were happy and they were hopeful and I loved reading them. Each story had lovely characters that made me fall in love with them. It is a wonderful holiday book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• A Madness in Spring
  • The Dress of the Season (The Blue Raven #4.5)
  • The Weaver Takes a Wife (The "Weaver" series Book 1)
  • How to Catch a Wild Viscount
  • Too Wicked to Kiss (Gothic Love Stories #1)
  • The Governess Gambit (The Wild Wynchesters #0.5)
  • How to Be a Wallflower (Would-Be Wallflowers, #1)
  • The Season for Loving (The Renegade Royals, #4.5)
  • Her Husband's Harlot (Mayhem in Mayfair, #1)
  • A Reckless Match (Ruthless Rivals, #1)
  • The Importance of Being Scandalous (A Tale of Two Sisters, #1)
  • The Masqueraders
  • The Hanover Square Affair (Captain Lacey, #1)
  • Tall, Dark and Royal (The Renegade Royals, #2.5)
  • A Holiday by Gaslight
  • A Rogue in Winter (Rogues to Riches #6.5)
  • Christmas in the Duke's Arms
  • The Christmas Bookshop
I've written 11 multi award-winning historical romances for Hachette Grand Central Publishing and Avon HarperCollins (available in print and digital) and 30 bestselling indie romances. I've just finished my series The Lairds Most Likely, featuring roguish Scottish heroes and the lassies who captivate them. 9 books are out: The Laird's Willful Lass; The Laird's Christmas Kiss; The Highlander's Lost ...more

The Sons of the Revolution (3 books)
  • The Making of a Duchess (The Sons of the Revolution, #1)
  • The Making of a Gentleman (The Sons of the Revolution, #2)
  • The Rogue Pirate's Bride (The Sons of the Revolution, #3)

Related Articles

Author Julia Quinn, it’s safe to say, knows her way around the romance genre. As the author of the incredibly popular Bridgerton series, set...
“Almost unconsciously, his gaze shifted across the immense ballroom to fasten on the girl, inexorably pulled to her like metal filings to a magnet. He could barely make her out since she was surrounded by her usual jostling court of ardent admirers, most of them titled, wealthy, and considerably handsomer than Nigel. If he was honest with himself, he’d have to admit that obsession would be the most accurate description of his feelings, and he hadn’t the slightest notion as to when or how that obsession had developed. However it had happened, over the last several months a ridiculous amount of space in his skull had been taken up by thoughts of lovely Amelia Easton. Fortunately, until now, none of his acquaintances had suspected that he—the most sensible man in the ton—had succumbed to such a maudlin, hopeless passion. A hopeless passion, since Amelia Easton would no sooner marry a man like Nigel than she would a butcher from Smithfield. After all, she was widely acknowledged as one of the great prizes on the matrimonial mart—beautiful, kind, good-natured, and disgustingly rich, or at least her father was. It was a most potent combination, and meant that the girl couldn’t step foot outside her family’s Mayfair townhouse without a pack of slavering bachelors in pursuit. “How” 1 likes
“She looked at Julien before returning her gaze to Gabriel, who watched her unabashedly. Did her son not recognize the man, their savior? Did none of the boys remember their servant? He looked so much as he had all those years ago, though Rowena realized that he must be now, what six and thirty? He still had the long straight nose of his Gallic ancestors and the thick black hair, though he had acquired a few patches of gray at his temples. His eyes were pale greenish blue and framed by thick brows and lashes. He had high patrician cheekbones and a strong noble jaw, though he certainly was no nobleman. “Allow me to introduce the most celebrated man in all of England,” the countess said, finally indicating Gabriel. “This is a fellow Frenchman, Monsieur Lemarque. But he is better known as the French Fox.” Bastien gasped. “Good God, man, is that you?” He cut his gaze to his mother. Most of the family was aware of her fascination with the French Fox. She’d followed the reports of his feats of bravery religiously. The way he’d snatched innocent aristos—mothers and children, old men—from the blade of the guillotine was nothing short of heroic. He escaped even the most intricate traps the enemy laid for him, seemed to laugh in the face of danger, risked everything for men and women to whom he owed nothing. She was half in love with the mysterious spy already. And Gabriel was the French Fox. It all made sense now. Gabriel, the man who had once held her hand when they’d been hiding from revolutionaries—“Do not fear, duchesse. I will die before I allow these devils to so much as look at you.” Now Gabriel smiled thinly and glanced at Lady Winterson. “That was supposed to be our secret, my lady.” Rowena took a slow, shaky breath as heat flooded through her. His voice. That accent. Lady” 0 likes