Start by marking “The Lost Boys (The Lost Boys #1)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Boys (The Lost Boys #1)

The Lost Boys (The Lost Boys #1)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  696 Ratings  ·  170 Reviews
Fate has brought them together. But will it also keep them apart?

Having moved to a strange town, sixteen-year-old Joey Gray is feeling a little lost, until she meets a cute, mysterious boy near her new home.

But Tristan Halloway is not what he seems. And there's a very good reason why he's always to be found roaming between the gravestones in the local cemetery...
Published October 24th 2013 by Ebury Digital

Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
But why is this published?

"..I thought about how odd it was being sad at the idea of not seeing someone I'd just met two days ago, someone I barely knew. Tristan had made such a big impact on my life already"

I+get+such+a+warm+and+fuzzy+feeling+from+seeing+_e2cbf72a6a7e6988395f1e1df039bddb

"...someone I barely knew.."

"...two days ago..."

This book really has potential. And it was wasted. Because of this: !!!!! And this: !!!!! and a lot more of this: !!!!!!!!

The Lost Boys a.k.a The abundance of !!!! The repetition of very bugged me too. I guess very is the author's favorite w
Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
All right. I'm done.

What is this book? Is it a joke? I keep staring at my e-reader in bafflement every couple of pages.

For the first few chapters I wasn't sure whether I was going to finish this one, but then I decided I'd go ahead and stick with it. So I pulled up chapter nine and was immediately presented with these gems:

Thank God for my mom! She was The Man! A Man with a Plan. Well, a Mom with a Plan. But you know what I mean.

Because of our special magic bond, wherever I was going to be from
Tandie
I requested this because of the pretty cover and the blurb. What I expected was some light, fluffy, fun. Unfortunately, The Lost Boys did not deliver. I struggled to keep reading before I hit 100 pages! I've learned a very valuable lesson though. Always check the page count! This puppy was over 500 pages, unnecessarily long.

Now, the idea for the story had lots of potential. Who doesn't love handsome gentlemen ghosts, graveyards, witchy magic, and boarding schools? My problem was with the execu
paula
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think comparing THE LOST BOYS series to Twilight saga is a grave insult and blasphemy to Joey & the boys. SERIOUSLY. This freakin'ly awesome and rockin' novel shouldn't even be mentioned with "that other story" in the same sentence!

Anyways, even though I've already read this on Wattpad til TLB On Tour (Book2), I'LL DEFINITELY BUY A COPY UNTIL THE END AND FROM THE START!!!

Hi Lily! lots of love to you <3

#TLBquoter
#FilipinoFan

-paula :)
Kara
So typical. So damn predictable. (Pg. 86)

This quote, my friends, pretty much sums up the entirety of this novel. Bland, with a been-there-done-that sort of storyline, and with characters and dialogue that made me cringe along the way. Needless to say, I was massively disappointed in this one—the cover is gorgeous, the blurb enticing, but the contents of the book failed to live up to my expectations. I wasn’t, of course, expecting an amazing read—but at the very least, I was hoping for a light,
bokskiee
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read this book before in Wattpad and I immediately fell in love with the characters. Wonderful story indeed about timeless friendship. It's nice to know the story was officially published.:)
Lauren
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review is way better to read on my blog, where there are GIFs. And bullet points.

All I knew about The Lost Boys before I started reading was that it was a paranormal romance about ghosts. I wasn’t even sure of that, because people have been comparing it to the Twilight series, but I guess I can see where that comparison comes from. Don’t get me wrong, this is better than Twilight. It’s about friendship, ghosts, and MAGIC!

I really liked Tristan (and his friendship/relationship with Joey) in
Gabriela
Feb 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
The Lost Boys is a YA(?)romance story about a girl with certain perceptive powers and a ghost.

I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The writing is quite immature and choppy; the characters are flat and the protagonist's voice is quite annoying. There are no grammar, spelling, or technical issues with formatting. Unfortunately I had great difficulty reading this book, having to stop ever so often and fill my time with another book is rarely something I do. I almost
Fabiola Cintantya
I absolutely think this book is BETTER than Twilight novels.
No offense.

I read "The Lost Boys" first on Wattpad about a year ago and it was magical. I even thought that Lily was truly the real 'witch' here. I was immersed, way too much, with her writings. It's like she puts spells in every word of her writings. She tells us about the adventure of the Lost Boys with such a nice flow and how every little events attached to my brain and I can't help but to remember every tiny-little-bit details abou
Jenny
Dec 06, 2013 added it
This one is going to be a DNF for me. I hate to do that, but I just can't read anymore...this book is beyond silly! One minute its a creepy ghost story (that part was good) then its a boarding school story, then its a girl joins a boys' band story and makes all these "boy" friends, now its a makeover story! Can't take it!
Ashley Finnegan
Definitly more like 2.5 stars. I really don't understand all the rave reviews but I will get to my own later.

First I have to say that after reading the synopsis for the The Lost Boys and even in it's beginning stages I was really excited for this book. After reading the first 15/20% I just knew it was going to be amazing, possibly end up on the favorite shelf. Yeah.. not going to happen. I got the exact opposite reaction of what I was expecting.

Joe Gray moves to a new town with her mother and th
Abbie
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-review
(I received a copy from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.)

At over 500 pages, i knew The Lost Boys would be a long read... but it ended up feeling about 1000 pages long, because of how dull it was!

Joe annoyed me.
She talked about random stuff all the time, and just wouldn't shut up.
Every time she talked, i thought the same thing:

photo tumblr_m5dx5cIe2T1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

I just wanted her to stop rambling.

The whole "I'm Joe. Yes, Joe. I know i'm a girl" thing started doing my head in after the third time she mentioned she h
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I admit, I picked this one up because I really liked the cover. The soft shades of blue are very appealing and once I saw all the rave reviews on Goodreads from when this was on Wattpad, I couldn't resist, I had to see what all the fuss was about.

I know, I know, why do that to myself? Haven't I learned by now that I should avoid all those pesky gorgeous books that are all the buzz? Haven't I been burned enough in the past to know better?

Apparently not because I picked this right up, without even
Veronica
Jan 08, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
i loved the premise. but when i got into the story i immediately wanted out. i can stand mistakes at advanced level but if its has fundamental issues i am never forgiving. comparing this to twilight is an insult for i distinctly remember adoring twilight, this book not so much. there is unrealistic writing here and less emphasis was given on the paranormal function. furthermore the novel is lengthy, what could be said usefully in half the book was extended to more pages for commonplace stuff.

i
Samantha Jayne Grubey (ABookHaven)
I still love this book, don't think that will ever change haha!
Ai
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this a while back when it was available for reading on Wattpad. I remember it being a great book, I loved the characters. I can't wait to get a physical copy of this when it comes out.
Lyn  Ching
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fore more reviews please check out www.readingtsinoy.blogspot.com

My Summary:

Joe meets Tristan at the local cemetery where she gets lost after doing a good deed for a neighbor. Though he seems unusual in manners as well as in clothing, Joe feels intense attraction and agrees to meet him again….and again…. many times over, at the cemetery.

Friendship and more blossom fast between the two. One New Year’s eve, they agree to meet again at the cemetery where the impossible happens: Joe finds out that T
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Random House UK, Ebury Publishing and Netgalley.)
17-year-old Joe has just moved to a new town for her mother’s new job, when she meets Tristan.
Joe is instantly attracted to Tristan, but doesn’t get why they always have to meet in a graveyard.
Who or what is Tristan? And can Tristan and Joe ever be together?

I’m going to be generous and give this book 2 and a half stars, but boy did this book hav
Nayara Coelho A Tavares
Reading phenomenon on Wattpad, a social network free amateur writers and passionate readers, with over 33 million readers the story of Lilian Carmine called Lost Boys series, drew attention of Random House that decided to publish the trilogy in four different languages.

After much waiting, fans of the series were thrilled with the launch day which was yesterday October 24, 2013. The English and Italian first book version of the series is called The Lost Boys and now is available on amazon.com amo
❤ Jane ❤
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Ghost love stories are quite limited, especially hot male ghosts. So I was pretty excited to read this one since I enjoyed reading the Mediator series. Because of that, I was expecting a lot out of this novel. It is also said to be “ideal for fans of Stephenie Meyer” which includes me.

I was disappointed on how cliché the beginning was. The boy meets the girl and the sparks fly. But fortunately, the other parts weren't as predictable. Some parts even surprised me and proved that it’s not as lame
Megan Readinginthesunshine
Joey Gray has just move to an entirely new town, and feels instantly nervous at not knowing anyone. But after helping a neighbour to take some flowers to her husband, Joey finds herself lost in a graveyard. Seeing a mysterious but cute boy nearby, she asks him for directions, and the two strike up a friendship, but just who is this strange boy she is drawn to? And why do their meetings keep happening in a graveyard?

I really liked this, I’ve recently been trying new genres and this book sounded s
Nikki Kelly
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Lost Boys is a fantastic story that revolves around Joey (a girl!) who upon moving to a new town, meets a rather gorgeous chap in the local cemetery. As the back of the book says, it's a classic story of girl meets ghost - fused together with a boarding school backdrop and music at the core of the journey.
A page turner if there every was one. I fell in love with the characters, I laughed with them, rocked with them and cried for them.
The story runs along at a super fast pace so at no point
Vanessa Santos
That tagline should have been my first warning. The crazily inaccurate comparison to Twilight the second.

Alas, what to say about this book. Not much good, that’s for sure. The plotline was weak at best and had crazy detours that added nothing but high school drama to the mix. The characters were one dimensional, not to mention that all of the Lost Boys were pretty much flawless, gorgeous male specimens. I could never even tell them apart. They mostly operated as a mass instead of individual bein
Marta
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paixão, felicidade, tristeza, amizade, lealdade, mistério, morte, amor são alguns dos ingredientes que podemos encontrar neste livro e que resultaram muito bem. Adorei o livro, a autora teve a capacidade de escrever uma história linda e cheia de mistério, mal consegui largar o livro, queria sempre saber o que iria acontecer a seguir. O que mais me fascinou foi a história de Joey e de Tristan, um rapaz fantasma lindo de morrer e cavalheiro (o rapaz perfeito) e uma rapariga que apesar de lutadora, ...more
Alex (Booksy Daisy)
Unfortunately, this is going straight to my "didn't finish" shelf. After reading thirty pages and still not feeling a connection with either the characters or the story, I've decided to call it quits.
Brianna Wells
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is NOTHING like twilight.
I've read it before on wattpad and it is still my favorite that I have ever read on there. I will be buying this book so I can read repeatedly! You should seriously pick this book up because you won't be putting it down until you're finished.
Joy (joyous reads)
Unfortunately, I didn't get the fascination and high rating for this book. *shrugs* It's really not my type of read.
Francisca Ribeiro
Still missing 50 pages but, honestly, I cant get through them yet. ...more
Jennifer Madero (Boricuan Bookworms)
You can find more reviews at Boricuan Bookworms

eARC Provided by Publisher Via Netgalley

When I committed myself to reading books when I was a kid I never imagined that I'd feel such high quantities of frustration, and a big ball of wibbly wobbly emotions running around like naked people in a forest running from the police. Seriously. I haven't felt like this in a while and, as much as it makes me be confused and ugh, it's a welcomed emotion to combat against family problems and school drama.
  • Dark Paradise (Dark Paradise #1)
  • The Twilight Swimmer
  • Afterlife Academy
  • Ignite (Ignite, #1)
  • Descended (The Red Blindfold #1)
  • When the World Was Flat (and we were in love)
  • Romancing His English Rose (Lady Lancaster Garden Society, #2)
  • Captivate (Submerged Sun, #1)
  • Til Death (Fractured Souls, #1)
  • The Geek Billionaire Makeover
  • Living in Shadow (Living In..., #1)
  • A Kiss by Design (Kiss & Tell, #1)
  • 26 Hours in Paris (International Affairs #1)
  • A Wife for One Year
  • One Night with Her Ex
  • Asleep (Fairytale Collection #2)
  • A Soul's Kiss
  • Snowed In with Her Ex (Brides and Belles, #1)
Lilian Carmine is the author of the popular Lost Boys Novels, first discovered at Wattpad.
The Lost Boys Trilogy is published by Random House UK and can be found in English in the UK, USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia; was also translated to Portugal, Brazil, Turkey and Italy.
The first book, THE LOST BOYS, had over 34 million reads online at Wattpad, and was released in October of 2013. The sec
More about Lilian Carmine

The Lost Boys (3 books)
  • The Lost Girl (The Lost Boys #2)
  • Lost and Found (The Lost Boys #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)