Start by marking “Breakaway Hearts (Kelly Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Breakaway Hearts (Kelly Brothers, #2)

Breakaway Hearts

(Kelly Brothers #2)

Hockey star Ben Kelly has retreated to his mountain cabin in the ski town of Cascade, BC, to recuperate from a season-ending knee injury and contemplate his future in the NHL. He never expects to run into the one woman who got away. Nine years may have passed, but nothing has dulled the explosive chemistry between them. Now he wants more than just one night.

Hailey Eriksson
Published February 3rd 2014 by Crista McHugh (first published November 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Breakaway Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breakaway Hearts

♡Karlyn P♡

3 'Just OK' Stars

BREAKAWAY HEARTS was a fun sports romance with some sexy moments and a heartfelt storyline about a son the hero would never know, but it didn't blow me away.

As light-and-fluffy sports romances go this was a fun read, but don't look for much depth in the romance or expect a great deal of character development. The romance zooms at an unrealistic speed, making it hard for me to believe these characters could feel so deeply for each other given how little time together they spend.
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
*ACR copy in exchange for an honest review *

"And now that he'd been given one with her,he wasn't about to let her slip through his grasp."

Breaking hearts by Crista McHugh is an light sweet chic-lite read with just a touch of angst to it.Just as the summary read ,this book was rather a touch to predictable.Other than the fire burning chemistry between both the leads...there really was much of anything else in the story...but then again ,the book WAS just around 140 pages...so i guess i shouldn
CL
Received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Oh wow, I though I loved the first book in the series but that was nothing compared to this. Ben/Hailey <3 <3 <3. Their chemistry was incredibly and I loved how Hailey helped Ben through his fear of getting back onto the ice. And bold move with the Zach's story - so bittersweet.
Jody
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
With the Olympics currently underway Breakaway Hearts ends up being a very timely read, though not ground breaking, about one woman's promise to her dying son to be on the woman's Olympic hockey team and the one-night stand from her past who's begging for just one more chance. With so many lies through omission in the way will they ever make their way to a HEA and the dreams that have sustained Hailey the last few years?

This was a heartwarming, and at times heartbreaking, romance that featured a
Claire Robinson
Jun 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
3 - Sometimes life was about second chances. Stars.

Book Two in the Kelly Brothers series is definitely as enjoyable as book one. I love a second chance romance, and although Ben and Hailey have the odds stacked against them their romance and the rebuilding of their relationship was enjoyable to read.

Was there enough between them to turn this into forever?

There is a big secret in this story, and the reader and everyone in the book but Ben and his family know about it. I wanted him to find out soo
Sheryl C. Nash
Thoroughly enjoyed it and i can't wait for the rest of the series :)

(Now i have to go back and read the first book; The Sweetest Seduction which i also received as an ARC but haven't read yet!!)

*ARC courtesy of Netgalley and Crista McHugh*
Tracy Kellies
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is all about second chances...

Ben and Hailey had a one night stand and never spoke to each other again until 9 years later when they finally run in to each other again. The attraction is still there but Hailey tries to fight it as she is hiding a huge secret from Ben.

If you are looking for a heartwarming romance then I would definitely suggest this book.
Elizabeth ☆❀Hot for Alphas❀☆
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sports Romance, Dual POV, Second Chance Romance
4.25 Second Chance Stars

Book 2 of the Kelly Brothers Series, but can be read as a stand-alone. I haven't read Book 1 yet.

While attending a Vancouver Whales hockey game Ben Kelly (19) meets Hailey (18). She definitely got his attention with her tall & slender body, beautiful blue eyes & smurf blue hair. During the game she really impressed Ben as she rattled off hockey stats. She must love hockey almost as much as he does. Sparks fly when they are caught by the Kiss Cam & share their
(;Missy.Lala;)
All I can say is that even though this book was short and fast paced, it was ADORABLE!!!!!
I couldn't put it down, i loved all the characters (even the jerk side of Ben) and I am mentally hitting myself for not reading the first book!! :(

*Note to self: GET THE FIRST BOOK :)*

Anyway, I'm so glad I won this in a goodreads giveaway because this is my new favorite series of all time along with The Selection and The Hunger Games <3

So, Crista McHugh, YOUR A GENIOUS AND KEEP WRITING LIKE THIS ITS AM
*P
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Breakaway Hearts is McHugh's second book in the Kelly Brother's series. In this story we move on to Ben, the hockey player. He had a hot night of passion and an unexpected connection to a blue haired beauty when he was only 19, but she got away before he could ever get her last name let alone her number. Now 9 years has gone by and so much has changed. Ben, even though recovering from a recent knee injury, is still considered one of the best goalies in the NHL. Imagine his surprise when he comes ...more
Laylaw
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review
4 heart stopping second chance stars! This one sucked me in right away! Hailey and Ben have an immediate connection at a hockey game that leads to an intense one night stand. Ben has never forgotten her and carries in his wallet a momento of their night together (a note she wrote him) So, when he sees her 9 years later he is shocked that she is so standoffish towards him and shows him anger.

Hailey has a promise to keep and she will do anything to see it come true. So when the one person she nev
Casey Dawes
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm always awed by people who can write a really good sex scene. Breakaway Hearts starts with an excellent one, which might be a bit off-putting for some readers. The scene is vital to the book's plot. The story, with the exception of a few of the aforementioned scenes is actually a poignantly sweet contemporary romance.

I'm not a big hockey fan, and this book gave me a new perspective on the sport and the people who play it. I can't say anything about the accuracy, but the spirit of the game fel
Caryn Watson Watz Books and Teasers
Oh wow I have tears of happiness right now from reading this beautiful story off lose, heartbreak, true love and hockey it's hailey and ben's story and it's one you don't want to miss out on. It's a must read book for those who love a good romantic story that's draws you in and wrings you out.
Geri
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Geri by: Deniz
Great second chance romance!
FicCentral
centralpickshijackedbyysar

ReasonsToReadBen Kelly has never forgotten the woman he spent one night with before he was famous.  Sure, her blue hair was pretty unforgettable, but so was everything else about her.  Unfortunately, he can't go back in time and ask for her phone number before falling asleep, before waking up and finding her gone.  But when he spots her playing hockey in Cascade, he's hell bent on getting a second chance.  If only she didn't hate him on sight.

Hailey Eriksson hasn't forgotten about Ben, either, but not just
Barb Lie
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Breakaway Hearts by Crista McHugh is the 2nd book in her The Kelley Brothers series. I loved the first book in this series, and after reading this book, there is no way I will not read each book. These stories are scorching hot with a beautiful romance, great couple, fun storyline and just simply awesome.

Breakaway Hearts is not only a romance, but a fun sports theme background, as both of our heroes are hockey players. The story starts 9 years earlier, when Ben our hero is just starting his hoc
Brooke
Dec 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This is book two in the Kelly Brothers series. Each book in the series focuses on a different brother in the Kelly family and is a standalone with no cliffhanger.

The gist: This one is Ben’s story. He’s the NHL goalie in the family and the second son. Before Ben played in the NHL, he went to a playoff game and met Hailey. She was a totally hot, totally cool chick who wasn't just a fan of hockey; she was a lover of it. They had o
Deniz
OMG! Seriously! Just OMG!

McHugh got me fangirling on many levels on this one. First Ben- a hockey player.. need I say more? Then the whole sports injury thing... add to that the entire hockey thing.. I mean winter sports! I am a winter romance kinda girl- because of winter sports! BUT mostly this is a serious cute and fluffy fix!

Was the story line surprising with unpredictable twists and turns? Uhm, I wish I could say no. It was utterly predictable no surprises anywhere. But did I care? NOPE.
In
Kame
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Breakaway Hearts by Crista McHugh
4 Stars
Sometimes a chance meeting leads to the person you are meant to be with for the rest of your life. What is the thing any hockey player’s dreams of, meeting a girl who loves hockey as much as he does. Ben goes against his normal tendency to take things slow and spends and incredible night with Hailey. He knows he wants to see her again and he makes up his mind he will get her contact information in the morning; except the only thing he saw when woke was a
Dana
Jan 09, 2014 rated it liked it
*Net Galley*
Ben thought Hailey was just another "Puck Bunny" the night he met her at a hockey game. However, Hailey proved to be more than just another girl looking to hook up with a hockey player for one night. That didn't stop either one from going back to Ben's hotel room for the night. When Ben wakes up in the morning, Hailey is gone, leaving Ben actually upset that he didn't get her number. This was the one girl he actually felt a connection to, and when he finds her goodbye note (sans her
Chu
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
some_text

Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Rating: 4.5 Stars

It started hot, and the level of heat had carried on throughout the book.

The first time Ben and Hailey met – there was already a powerful connection and attraction. They didn’t waste each other’s time – they instantly hit it off, doing things none of them would imagine they’d be doing in a normal day. Ben wasn’t and never has been a player, and Hailey is not the type to give in on the first date. But meeting, looking into each other’s eyes,
Shauni
Originally Reviewed For: Tea and Book

Author Crista McHugh comes through again!! Breakaway Hearts is book two in her Seven Brides for Seven.. I mean Kelly Series..(see my review on book one, The Sweetest Seduction HERE) and it is just wonderful. A Poignant loving book about growing up and accepting lifes tragedies and finding the strength to go on. To forgive and love again.

As a girl Hailey Eriksson dreamed big dreams. She was going to make it on the Olympic Hockey team! She had her life all plan
Monica Cullip
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it

Breakaway Hearts
Crista McHugh
Nine years ago Ben Kelly is a 19 yr old up and rising young hockey star. He also has the testosterone to match. After a game one night he meets up with hockey fan Hailey Erikson and together they create a night of magic. She leaves him with only a handwritten goodbye note that he carries with him.
Present day time Ben is a goal for the Vancouver Whales and is sitting on the sidelines recoverying from a painful knee injury. He is taking a break in a little town and jus
Carrie
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
*I won this book through the author's newsletter giveaway. *
I love hockey so I jumped at the chance to read an ARC of this book. Ben Kelly is an NHL goalie whose season was ended abruptly by a knee injury and he heads to a resort to contemplate his career. While in the resort town he encounters Hailey Erickson, who he had a one night stand with 9 years ago. Hailey is less than pleased to see Ben as she was never able to get in touch with him to let him know that they had a child, Zach, as a resu
Erin
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Breakaway Hearts is the second story in Crista’s Kelly Brothers series. This book is all about Ben Kelly.
Ben is a national hockey star, but he’s out injured and has moved to Cascade to recuperate in peace and quiet. What he doesn’t expect is to bump into the girl who stole a piece of his heart 9 years ago. Hailey is desperately trying to make it to the Olympics, something she promised her son before he died. Her last chance, but then Ben walks back into her life and all her old feelings come bac
Bev
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh man, this had me hooked from the start. Sizzling hot. Ben and Hailey meet up, have a one night stand and when Ben wakes up in the morning he discovers Hailey has gone with no way of contacting her bar a note she left him thanking him for the night. He saves that note. For. Nine. Years. (swoon).

Fast forward nine years - Ben is a NHL player that is out due to an injury. He has gone to a resort in Canada to heal and recuperate. He sees a girl at the rink that he thinks he recognises but has no i
Kristi Cramer
AnOTHER ScooOOoore for McHugh *read in booming sports announcer's voice*

This story has so much more heartache than the other two Kelly Brothers books I have read. That being said, I'll try to explain right off why this one lost that half star. The other two books were unpredictable, in that I thought I knew what the conflict was going to be, but then that wasn't it. The stories progressed through several stages, and I liked that it wasn't what I expected it was going to be.

Breakaway He
Vickie
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When Ben Kelly pops into a local bar to grab a beer and something to eat, he thinks that the waitress looks familiar and when she basically sneers at him, he doesn’t have a clue as to why. Until he makes a trip back to the bar and realizes that the one woman who got away and he has fantasized about is the one who won’t give him the time of day. But, why?
Of course, he convinces her to give him a chance and they embark on a relationship of sorts….. Sort of him showing up wherever she is and badger
Camille Flores
4 solid stars!

I love second-chance romances. In the beginning, I thought it would be a light and breezy read. And while it was still all those things, there were also that depth of emotions and the gravity of experiences that both characters were experiencing, which in my book make this story deserving of its stars indeed.

Ben Kelly is a professional hockey player who suffered a major injury and who has come to the town of Cascade to recuperate. When he visits the town’s ice rink, he finds himsel
Diane Lynch
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nine years ago at age nineteen, Ben Kelly, had a one-night stand with the woman of his dreams. Ever since he regretted not getting her phone number and last name. Now an NHL Goalie, he goes to the ski town of Cascade, BC, to recuperate from a potential career ending knee injury. While there he is reunited with the woman, he let get away.

Hailey Eriksson was left pregnant after a one-night stand. After her son, Zack became terminally ill, she needed to put off her dream at a chance to make the Can
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Blind Pass (The Dartmouth Cobras, #0.5)
  • Risky Business (Bomb Squad #1)
  • Crashing the Boards: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #1.5)
  • Her Man Advantage (Double Overtime, #2)
  • Offside (Heller Brothers, #5)
  • Resisting the Rancher (Three River Ranch, #4)
  • Talk to Me
  • Red Zone (Daniels Brothers, #2)
  • Off Her Game (Texas Highlanders Ice Hockey, #1)
  • On the Fly (Las Vegas Sinners, #1)
  • Beauty & the Biker (Impossible Dream, #1)
  • Catching Heat (Feeling the Heat, #3)
  • Sinful Rewards 2
  • Rushing Amy (Love and Football, #2)
  • Wild About Her Wingman (Secret Wishes, #3)
  • Destination Wedding
  • Twelve Dates of Christmas: The Ballad of Lula Jo (Lonesome Point, Texas, #2.5)
  • Blood Warrior (Dragon Kings, #2)
Crista McHugh is a NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY BESTSELLING author of fantasy and romance with heroines who are smart, sexy, and anything but ordinary.

She also writes fantasy with less kissing and a lot more action as C. A. McHugh.

She currently lives in the Tesla-filled suburbs of Seattle with her husband and two children, maintaining her alter ego of mild-mannered physician on the weekends.

Kelly Brothers (8 books)
  • The Sweetest Seduction (Kelly Brothers, #1)
  • Falling for the Wingman (Kelly Brothers, #3)
  • The Heart's Game (Kelly Brothers, #4)
  • A Seductive Melody (Kelly Brothers, #5)
  • In the Red Zone (Kelly Brothers, #6)
  • Here All Along (Kelly Brothers, #7)
  • Let Your Heart Be Light (Kelly Brothers, #8)