Start by marking “Until You (The Friarsgate Inheritance #2)” as Want to Read:
Until You (The Friarsgate Inheritance #2)

Until You (The Friarsgate Inheritance #2)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  1,096 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
The beautiful Rosamund Bolton is determined to live her own life. Now that she has claimed her inheritance, the magnificent Friarsgate estate, and rejected her latest suitor, she has decided to travel to the court of her dear friend, Queen Margaret, in Scotland. It is against this lavish and unpredictable backdrop that she will meet the man who will forever change her dest ...more
Published October 7th 2003 by NAL Trade (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Until You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Until You

Kerrie
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Skye O'Malley was the very first historical romance I read (at the tender age of 12) and I've always had a place in my heart for that series. It has been several years since I read one of her books, and this one was a real disappointment. If it hadn't been an audiobook, I would have set it aside a long time ago.

Nothing really happens in this book. Rosamund, already 3 times a widow at the age of 21, sees Patrick Leslie, the Earl of Glenkirk (a name/title combo that is used/overused/abused - yes,
KYReader
Didn't Finish. Not a Fan.
Cheryl
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I actually read this one first and then found book #1 recently. This one suffers from all of the same issues as the first book and then some. Rosamund's deep attraction to the Earl was just so silly and it never seemed to go anywhere. And again, they got swept up in world events and politics even though they were not remotely important but somehow they have plenty of money and no cares in the world. And of course, the various names for genatalia were just so incredibly silly. I was actually kind ...more
Heather
May 27, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
once I bought this and saw the format and overall tone on the book, I just wasn't interested in reading it. i regret buying it.and i dont wanna read any of the books in this series.
it seems like a really heavy read, with so many dang small words on the pages, and it's such a long book. It seems like it's more fictional than historical romance, and it's more wordy and heavy than I'm interested in. I prefer authors writing like Sabrina Jeffries, Lisa Kleypas.
I made a review for it even though I di
Amaya
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is astonishing!

I super love the ending, the twists, and the narration that will really captivate you and will bring you to the era where the story is happening. :)
I love how decisive Rosamund is. How she is bouncing back to the life's challenges.

All in all, I was really shock at the ending and to who Rosamund ended! I'm trying hard now to find the book about her daughter Philippa. :)
Debbie
Feb 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy a strong heroine that is willing to fight for what she cares about & what she feels is injustice to her because she is female. Fluffy characters are just not my type & once again Beatrice Small delivers a refreshing change from the idiots that are in most romance novels. Read for yourself & decide.
Mara Vazquez
Jul 21, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Wow I guess all I can say about this one is that I had a lot of expectations for rosamund n I wish there was a different ending. its like she finally ends up just settling. And in my opinion she should of done somethings different in the first book.
Michelle
You can't go wrong with this book either.The second in the Friersgate Inheritance series.
Bella
Nov 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It won me over forever!
Bettyjeanyoungyahoo.com
I love historical romance and Beatrice Small is a delightful discovery. Her Friarsgate series has provided much entertainment during this cold winter.
Debra
okay now my thirst for unconquered love and Tudor intrigue has been well satisfied...
Denise Marinchek
Mar 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the second book in the series but I need a break before I read the third one. Too much history for this gal!
Norma
Nov 07, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-have
I think I skimmed through 70% of the book. Repeat, repeat, repeat and then the conclusion was anti-climatic.
Nicole
Aug 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book, you fell in love with rosamund and the love continues with this book. Read the whole thing in one day
Carrie
When I first read this I never realize it was part of a series. I now need to find the rest of the books. I really enjoyed t.
Lexus
Oct 27, 2016 rated it liked it
3 stars
Teresa
Apr 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nanas-books
As Always, another GREAT book from Beatrice Small! Love her writing!! :-)
Val
Mar 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Exciting story with so much true history involved, better then any history lesson. A woman that has had so much tragedy in her life, but she always triumphs.
Neeuqdrazil
Cheese. Pure cheese.
Rachel
Aug 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story! Such a shame some of the things that happen along the way but a wonderful ending.
Melissa Raffaelli
C$y
rated it it was ok
Aug 17, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 22, 2015 05:16PM
  • Love Me, Marietta (Marietta Danver Trilogy #2)
  • Hidden Heiress (Secret Clan, #2)
  • The Border Hostage
  • Truly
  • Moss Rose
  • Dark Before the Rising Sun (Dominick, #3)
  • Desert Hostage
  • The Bride Of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #1)
  • The Mammoth Book of Scottish Romance
  • Again And Again
Bertrice Williams was born on December 9, 1937 in Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA, the daughter of Doris S. and David R. Williams, both broadcasters. She studied at Attended Western College for Women and Katharine Gibbs Secretarial School. On October 5, 1963, she married George Sumner Small, a photographer and designer with a History Major at Princeton. They had a son Thomas David. She liv ...more
More about Bertrice Small...

The Friarsgate Inheritance (4 books)
  • Rosamund (The Friarsgate Inheritance #1)
  • Philippa (The Friarsgate Inheritance #3)
  • The Last Heiress (The Friarsgate Inheritance #4)