Start by marking “Joyful (Return to Sugarcreek, #3)” as Want to Read:
Joyful (Return to Sugarcreek, #3)

Joyful (Return to Sugarcreek #3)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  385 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews

Randall Beiler will sacrifice anything to take care of his younger siblings and the family farm, even if it means forsaking love. But when his brother offers pretty Elizabeth Nolt a job cleaning and cooking for the family, Randall is furious
Published September 2nd 2014 by Avon Inspire (first published August 14th 2014)

Cathy Cermele
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Get settled in your favorite reading spot with Joyful, the third book in the Return to Sugarcreek series by Shelley Shephard Gray.

I've always known what a gifted author Shelley is, but she has written a beautiful and touching story about the Beiler family,the Grabers and other beloved characters that we've met at The Sugarcreek Inn.
Her unique character development and attention to detail is incredible and draws you in from the first page.

This author has the ability to make you feel the emotions
Lorraine
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In this third book of The RETURN TO SUGARCREEK series we are taken back to the Beiler family, raising themselves and caring for the family farm since the death of their parents; Elizabeth Nolt whose mother moved to Pennsylvania with her new husband leaving Elizabeth and her grandmother alone; and Ben and Judith Knox and their foster baby James whose birth mother Kendra is in prison, is later diagnosed with cancer and dies there.

You can’t help but feel a part of the ups and downs of Randall and E
Wilani Wahl
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great hit by Shelley Shepard Gray. This book is a page turner and heart stirring. The importance of family, and trust in God are important themes in this book. I must admit there were times I wanted to knock some sense into one of the characters, but in the end he straightened out without my interference. I do love a book where I become invested in the characters. The book has its very tender and tear jerker moments which is a good thing. Thank you, Shelley, for another great book.
Carole Jarvis
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amish, romance
Reviewed at The Power of Words: http://tinyurl.com/q3bkjsf

I have enjoyed all three books in the Return to Sugarcreek series. These aren't complex or dramatic stories, but just plain good reads with a cozy feel. Shelley has an easy style of writing and the ability to make me become invested in the character's lives. I also enjoy how she brings back previous characters and interweaves multiple storylines.

The main story revolves around the sweet romance between Randall and Elizabeth, a couple who h
Maureen Timerman
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I just finished the third book in Joyful: Return to Sugarcreek, Book Three, I loved the book, but didn’t want the series to end.
This is the story of Elizabeth Nolt and Randall Beiler, and how he breaks her heart. I felt he was really tactless in how he handled the breakup. He sure didn’t seem to have his head screwed on right, as he wasn’t at all thinking, especially seeing what his other members had done previously.
We also have Judith and Ben, who are still caring for little James, and growing
Cheryl Baranski
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review of “Joyful” By: Shelley Shepard Gray
This book is a breath of fresh air. It is such
a joy to read Joyful. Excellent story, good clean
Christian fiction. I love the Amish faith, devotion
to family and friends.
This is the story of Randall Beiler who is dedicated …
to caring for his younger siblings since he is the oldest at home.
He feels it is his responsibility to care for them and the
family farm.
Elizabeth Nolt lives with her grandmother. Trying to take care of
her the best that she can. With wh
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
JOYFUL is the third book in the Return to Sugarcreek series by Ms. Gray. Readers will want to read the first two books in the series: Hopeful and Thankful as these stories don't stand alone. There are three different stories included in this book, but the one between Randall and Elizabeth is the main story.

I enjoyed reading the story, finding out what is happening at the restaurant that was key in previous series, as well as other characters such as Ben and Judith. I also thought Elizabeth and
Virginia Winfield
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great edition to the Sugarcreek novels. Love all the characters. Fast and easy read. Love the romance also.
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
For those of us that have come to love and call Sugarcreek our home away from home, best-selling author Shelley Shepard Gray, takes us back in her latest novel Joyful, the third book in the Return to Sugarcreek Series. This has definitely been one of my favorites because I feel like I have come to know each of the couples we deal with in this novel, like they're close family friends. I've had the opportunity to get to know them and the struggles they have had up to the point we are reunited with ...more
Debbie Epperson
Book Description

A young Amish couple gets a second chance at love in New York Times bestselling author Shelley Shepard Gray’s final book in her Return to Sugarcreek series.

Randall Beiler is doing his best to put his family and the farm’s needs first, even forsaking love. But though he tries, Randall knows he needs help caring for his younger siblings and keeping the house together.

Jalynn Patterson
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

When his brother offers pretty Elizabeth Nolt a job taking care of the house and cooking for the family, Randall is f
Heather
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was a rainy day yesterday and I picked up three different books in hopes for an escape, and struck out. So I turned to Shelley Shepard Gray...bingo! Once again, her Return to Sugar Creek series was the ticket to a clean, sweet diversion. The third installment picks up three different story lines and follows the theme of second chances, tender mercies from a loving God. There's the couple who has broken up, the young couple who has miscarried and is looking to adopt, and a divorced restaurant ...more
Tina Watson
What a great ending to the series, Return to Sugarcreek, with Joyful: Return to Sugarcreek, Book Three! I love Shelley Shepard Gray's writings, easy reading. She uses just the right words to give you that right amount of detail to place you right there beside the characters as you are reading her story.

Randall Beiler steps up to raise his younger siblings and to keep the Beiler farm going, but he felt is was best to call off his two-year courtship with Elizabeth Nolt.
After a few months time, th
Kristi
Set aside plenty of time to read Joyful. Once you start reading you won't want to stop until you've reached the end! This, the third and final book in the Return to Sugarcreek series, is a fast paced read that will keep you interested from beginning to end.

I immediately liked the characters from page one. They were so well-written that I felt as if I had known them forever. I especially liked Elizabeth and wanted her to have a happy ending to her story. I liked Randall too even though at times I
Angela
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is no secret that I am a huge fan of Shelley Shepard Gray and her books. Each book that she writes delivers exactly what I hoped for and, and in some cases, didn't even know I wanted. She has the beautiful gift of making you feel like you are right there, in Sugarcreek, with all of these unbelivable and terrific characters.
Joyful is no different. This is the third and final book in the series, and you guessed it; I loved it. I loved the premise of this book, I fell in love with the character
Rachel
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelley Shepard Gray has done it again, written another heartfelt Amish romance. When Randall Beiler breaks up with Elizabeth Nolt to take care of his younger siblings, Elizabeth is devastated because she has also lost her father and her mother remarried and moved away. She now cares for and supports her grandmother. When Randall's brother asks Elizabeth to be their housekeeper, she is not sure she can be that close to Randall again, but she needs the money. Shelley is a master at describing the ...more
Stacy
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joyful is the third book in Shelley Shepard Gray's beloved Return to Sugarcreek series. From page one you will be caught up into a beautifully woven story with the Beilers, Nolts, Grabers, and the new owner of The Sugarcreek Inn. You can't help but feel what her characters are feeling, through their struggles of growing and trusting in God's will, through their tears as both heartache and happiness filter through their lives, and realizing just how strong a family can be in times of trial. I als ...more
Margaret Tidwell
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
Joyful by Shelley Shepard Gray was a great book. This is the third book in the series and I have read the other two as well so I was so glad that I could review this one so I could stay caught up with the characters I have fallen in love with. One thing I loved about this series that she checks in with other characters even though the story isn't about them. In fact my two favorite characters aren't actually main characters in any of the books. I loved the characters in this book because they se ...more
Cindy
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelley Shepard Gray hits another homerun out of the ballpark with Joyful. After just reading the first few pages, I felt like I was back sitting around the kitchen table with the Beilers and Grabers, sharing their sorrows and joys, and also slapping Randall upside his head a few different times. Shelley's writing makes you feel like part of the family. You feel everything they go thru like you are one of them. You know by the end of this book that the title is spot on. Through all the hurt and ...more
Connie
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many times the path of our lives takes us down roads we would not have chosen to walk. We may not consciously be objecting to what is happening, and indeed may truthfully be saying, "Thy Will, Lord" but unintentionally may be harboring resentment, mistrust or fear.
"Joyful" takes us down these paths with our dear characters. Shelley Shepard Gray has continued the story of some of our favorites from Sugar Creek. It's a beautiful story of forgiveness, second chances and most importantly, joy in
Cynthia Fernstaedt
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
As we return to Sugarcreek and the Beiler family, the family is growing up and feeling those pains. In this book, Shelley, brings to life what every family goes through during changes; Amish or not. Be prepared, as a reader to; smile at seeing old friends, overcome as you think "this could be me" and Joyful to see how faith truly makes a difference.
Cassy
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
A great addition to the Sugarcreek series! There are multiple plot lines in this book which keep the reader interested. This story really makes you appreciate family. The many emotions throughout the story really make the reader feel close to the characters. I love this about the Sugarcreek series.
Ann
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelley Shepard Gray is one of my sister's favorite authors and reading this book I can definitely see why. This story tugs on your heart strings and reminds you that there are still good people in this world. I would recommend this book for all ages.
Dora Wagner
This was a great way to end the series. I want to return to Sugarcreek, again, and discover what happens next.
Lacy
Nov 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: abc-challenge
In this book, we learn more about Ben and Judith, who are fostering James, and hoping to adopt him. (view spoiler) We are also introduced to Randall Beiler, younger brother of Junior, and his girl, Elizabeth. We also get to know Pippa, the Mexican woman who is taking over the restaurant in Sugarcreek.

It is a nice Amish romance story. I enjoyed the first book in this series the most.
Megan Rang
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A nice ending to this series.
Leah
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
I found this book too slow and boring. I also felt it was too "modern" for Amish people - but I could be wrong there. I won't be reading anymore from this author or series. She isn't my type.
Barbara Shelton
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I realized this was the third book in this series, I was surprised that I did not know about the first two in the series. Shelley Shepard Gray is an exceptional writer. Her stories are easy to follow and she eloquently expresses the feelings of the characters whether negative or positive.

It was easy to understand Elizabeth’s confusion as to Randall’s feelings toward her. She had far more maturity than Randall. Randall seemed to be short sighted, which is comprehensible in the way he felt s
Julia Wilson
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Joyful by Shelley Shepard Gray is the final book in the Return To Sugarcreek series, and I was blessed to receive a copy. Elizabeth and Randall have been sweethearts for years. Elizabeth is expecting a proposal, but is deeply shocked when Randall breaks up with her, as he needs to concentrate on looking after his four younger siblings. Elizabeth also has her grandmother Anna Mae to care for, but she has never threatened their relationship.
One of Randall's younger brothers, fed up of eating nothi
Victor Gentile
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelley Shepard Gray in her new book, “Joyful” Book Three in the Return to Sugarcreek series published by Avon Inspire takes us into the life of Elizabeth Nolt.

From the back cover: Return to Sugarcreek with bestselling author Shelley Shepard Gray for a heartwarming story of second chances with a young Amish couple

Madison Mega-Mara...: #2 - Joyful 1 2 Jan 12, 2015 07:58AM
  • Huckleberry Hill (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #1)
  • Becoming Bea (The Courtships of Lancaster County, #4)
  • A Road Unknown (Amish Roads, #1)
  • A Mother's Secret (Hearts of Lancaster Grand Hotel #2)
  • Seasons of Tomorrow (Amish Vines and Orchards #4)
  • The Calling (Inn at Eagle Hill #2)
  • When Grace Sings (The Zimmerman Restoration Trilogy, #2)
  • The Amish Groom
  • An Amish Miracle
  • Autumn Winds (Seasons of the Heart #2)
  • The Kissing Bridge (Seven Brides for Seven Bachelors, #3)
  • Susanna's Dream (The Lost Sisters of Pleasant Valley #2)
  • Gabriel's Bride (Clover Ridge #3)
  • A Simple Winter (Seasons of Lancaster #1)
  • A Plain Man
Librarian Note: AKA Shelley Gray (Western Romance).

I live in southern Ohio with my husband, two teenagers, and two dogs. My days are filled with busy activities like most any other mom and housewife. But I also love to write books.

Each morning, after my kids go off to school, I sit at my desk, look out my window, and dream of other places. The hours fly by as I make up people and places and drink
More about Shelley Shepard Gray

Return to Sugarcreek (3 books)
  • Hopeful (Return to Sugarcreek #1)
  • Thankful (Return to Sugarcreek #2)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Don't Say A Word
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)