Start by marking “A Long Time Coming (Perfect Timing #2)” as Want to Read:
A Long Time Coming (Perfect Timing #2)

A Long Time Coming

(Perfect Timing #2)

Abigail Orson has a problem. A love problem to be precise; and she has absolutely no idea how to go about fixing it.

Published November 9th 2013 by Sunshine Press (first published November 1st 2013)

Talk Books To Me
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Before we start, you need to listen to this song: All of You by John Legend. This song is PERFECT! Okay, now on to my review.

A Long Time Coming is a great read! A push-pull relationship, A Long Time Coming ensures you a nice roller coaster of emotions….have a glass of wine and box of tissues handy ;)

Abigail: Stubborn, honest, strong and completely in love with her best friends twin brother. Oh, she’s also a great gal.

David: Stubborn, hot, stubborn, strong-willed ( needed a different word), STUBB
Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Love it! The end, THANK YOU!

No no really, I did. This book was sweet. It was heartbreaking. It was real. It was fresh. It made me laugh and cry. I adored it.
David was the dream come true. He had baggage and he had a darkness about him. Over and over I chanted you are enough. You are good! See yourself the way we see you.

Abigail was caring. She was fierce. She was smart and sassy. She was insecure. She was perfect.

"Because she knew that tears had the ability to clear the pain away. They are l
Cheryl
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review of A Long Time Coming (Perfect Timing #2) by Heather Van Fleet

Review done for Hooked on Books & CherryOBlossoms Promotions

3 out of 5 stars

David Anderson feels like half a man since he lost the bottom half of his leg in a car accident. He is in constant pain and has seizures and constant headaches. He is quite discouraged about his future and can’t help but take his feelings out on everyone else.

Amazeballs Book Addicts
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Long Time Coming is the second in the Prefect Timing series. The first in the series is When It's Least Expected. That on is Harley and Mason's story. A Long Time Coming is David and Abagail's story. David is Harley's brother and Harley is Abigail's best friend. The characters are in both books. I have not read the first book and was not lost reading this one. I was told that had I read the first I would have been begging for this story.

Wow this story was amazing. David and Abigail are both 19
Chu
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
some_text

Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Abigail has been in love with David for fourteen years, and she’s always been sure that it is him whom she wanted to be with. But the accident happen, and the old friendship, and an almost budding relationship came to a halt when David started to change the moment he lost his leg – it didn’t mean though, that she loved him any less.

She didn’t care that David has lost one of his legs, or that he was always cranky, or he has any more baggage
Angela McPherson
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, romance
Melissa
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
A Long Time Coming (Perfect Timing #2) by Heather Van Fleet

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This is the second book in the Perfect Timing series but can be read as a standalone. This story follows the young romance of Abigail and David. Abigail has spent years yearning for her best friend’s brother, all the while keeping up her tough girl façade. David was the star football player until an accident made all of his dreams come crashing down. After the loss of his leg, David sin
Hooked On Books
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
3 out of 5 stars

David has been in love with Abigail Orson for years. After they spend a drunken night together he pushes her away. He isn’t the man she deserves so he is going to let her go.

Abigail is so in love with David Anderson she can’
P.A. Warren
Oct 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-bliss, favorites
I was given an ARC for an honest review

I have been a fan of Heather's for a LONG time and this books felt like A Long Time Coming for me.No Pun intended.I have been waiting to read about David and Abigail. This story knocked everything out of the ballpark. I have been saying how amazing Heather's work is for quite awhile and I will continue to say it.Her writing is on par with some of very well known writers out there.Im NOT posting anything about the story like I usually do as I do not want t
Kayla
Sep 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Solid 3.5 for me. I can't wait to see what the author does next.

I really enjoyed Perfect Timing #1, so obviously, I wanted to continue on with the series! The characters in A Long Time Coming are the same characters (plus a few extra friends that we meet) from book 1. That made me happy because I wanted to see more of them!

I have to admit that I just didn't like David at all until I hit around the 55% mark through the story. He was too broody and depressed for me. Not attractive at all... I AD
Heather andrews
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Abby, that girl can see past David's BS, "messing with your head? You call trying to get your a** up and out of here and home, messing with your head? You're delusional, David." And she knows how to tell strangers to get lost, that feisty little thing, "listen pal, I don't know who you think you are, but my special little dances have to be earned by my boyfriend and my boyfriend alone, not creepy skinny guys who can't seem to keep their di**s from doing all the thinking for them." And David he t ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a thoroughly lovely this story was. I've not read any books from this author before so this was a great surprise for me.
Abigail has loved her best friends brother, David for as long as she can remember. This is Abigail & David's story of how they cope with what life throws in their path.
I sat down & read this from start to finish. This author did a fantastic job of keeping my attention all the way through.
Received in return for an honest review.
Deanne Tillitzki
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing

A long time coming is definitely a book that captures the readers interest. A brooding hunk feeling sorry for himself and unworthy of love finally realising the love of his life has always been there waiting for him to accept that they will be together. The book deals with lots if emotions and definitely requires tissues handy through some parts.

Well written and I will definitely be purchasing more of your books xx
Anusha KS
Mar 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
this was such a cliched book. hated those characters. and abigail is just shit. all those things happening to them on a hourly basis, just plain boring book filled with some stupid twists just to make it seem interesting. hated this book!!
Anja
Jan 15, 2015 marked it as to-read

For years now, she has been chasing her best friend’s brother—demanding things from him that he’s never wanted to give. For one? A real relationship that surpasses well beyond that dreaded ‘just friends’ zone. You see, David Anderson is her idea of perfection to a T. The one and only guy who has ever had the ability to make her heart beat faster; make her toes curl with the simple
Tpagirl
A Long Time Coming is the second book of the Perfect Timing series by Heather Van Fleet. True to the series the storyline and the characters are entertaining and enjoyable.

David Anderson is the dark brooding amputee that hasn't gotten over his accident that occurred two years prior to the main storyline. He has loved his twin sister's best friend, Abigail Orson, his entire life but the timing was never right. He considers himself half a man and won't allow himself to be with Abigail feeling she
Rachael Orman
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
A Long Time Coming holds true to the title. This is the second book in the Perfect Timing Series and we were introduced to David and Abigail in When It’s Least Expected. Now the author is giving us the story of two young adults, both with dreams and desires, along with the heart breaks that life has planned for them. Be prepared to laugh at times and sob ugly tears while you see how they will end up after a bumpy ride.
For the 19 year olds, Abigail dreams of being with David, while David wants h
Camila

I just can't stop thinking that maybe I started this book in the wrong time because it took me forever to read and it got me the impression of dragging... Idk if it was due to that but I feel like I may I've liked it better if I didn't want to read so many books at once when I started this one.
It has an amazing storyline and a great message behind it. Super romantic. (view spoiler)
I couldn't connect with the characters but I liked
Candy Smith
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love the way Heather incorporates descriptive phrases and analogies. She had me giggling at the characters' sarcasm and banter. Heather weaves a story full of tragedy and love than spans from David and Abigail's childhood into adulthood. A relationship destine to be forever stemmed from a friendship that will prove to either break them or make them. One tragic event during their high school years leaves David broken and Abigail at loss. David pushed everyone away including her,so now she must ...more
Book Addict Mumma
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My how I loved this book, I had been waiting and waiting and it did not disappoint, I was totally and utterly swooning for David, with troubles as deep as they were he is still in with the rest of my book boyfriends.
Abigail is just a gorgeous character and I have to say one of my fave female lead characters this year, she is soft yet tough and the amount of crap David has laid on he I don't know how she stayed, but thats what love is and this is why I love this book it shows the depth of love an
Selina
Mar 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I struggled a bit to completely suspend my disbelief in this book. It reads more like a dramatic sitcom than a book. So many awful things happen to these two people in this one book that I struggled to buy it. It felt like I was reading 4 seasons of One Tree Hill in a single volume.

That being said, I still felt like the characters were well portrayed and the dialogue was solid. A quick read, but I think I would have liked it had all of the catastrophes been whittled down to maybe 2 main points o
Tiffany
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I’ve been desperate to find this book, and when I finally got this!! I’m so disappointed :( the synopsis got me really intrigued and eager to find this (I don’t know why I really like a story with imperfect man)...

I think the book start off pretty well, it just that after you reach the middle part it gets really boring... Trust me, I’ve tried to finish this since I thought “I finally got this book after a long search so I NEED to finish this” but I couldn’t...

I think there are better books out t
Pupuce
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
it was a good book even though I didn't really get into it. Maybe because I didn't read the first one.
still a cute love story and happy ending, but be careful some tear were involved in the progress
Ava
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
this book was so lovely and also about how life is in the next turn. this book was YA/NA and somehow was a good one for me. it was about living and things could happen. but wasn't full mode young and mature. here was step by step
Nishtha
It was my first book by this author and I am very impressed. I loved the story, the characters were strong.

Hoping to read more stories by this author!
Jane Doe
Sep 12, 2017
Abril Camino
Jul 26, 2016

• Rescue Me
  • Love and the Real Boy (Coming About #2)
  • Lily of the Valley (Flowering, #1.5)
  • Last Man Standing (Southern Scrimmage, #5)
  • Blindness
  • This Love (University of Branton, #1)
  • Finding Grace
  • Sanctuary of Mine
  • Playing by Heart (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll, #1)
  • Limits (Silver Strand, #3)
  • No Apologies
  • Death of a Rock Star (The Boy in the Band, #0.5)
  • Gravity Happens (Forcing Gravity #2)
  • Wicked Thing
  • Undesired Lust (Reckless Beat, #3)
  • Brave & Beautiful (Sassy Boyz, #3)
  • Tangled
  • Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3)

Perfect Timing (2 books)
  • When It's Least Expected (Perfect Timing, #1)