Start by marking “Clone Hunter” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Clone Hunter

Victor Methos

Clone Hunter

A RACE OF SLAVES... Born in a laboratory for war or pleasure, they live as property, unable to fight those that oppress them . . . all, except one. A SINGLE CLONE REFUSES TO SUBMIT... One clone is no longer willing to live in slavery and has declared war on those that would subjugate her. Hunted by the most powerful men in existence and a threat to the social order, if she ...more
Published August 19th 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published June 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Clone Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clone Hunter

Start your review of Clone Hunter
Brian
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My first mistake was caring for the characters that are not the main character and then not caring for the main character. Given that the book follows three sets of characters and it is not until everyone else is dead, do you realize who exactly was the main character. My second mistake was reading this on the kindle, where the text was double spaced and each chapter started with half of a blank page (which had the side effect of making it difficult to know that we've switched characters, ...more
ally
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read the kindle version. The story was ok but there were so many typos that I was totally distracted.
Cate
It’s a cliché I know, but to write this review caused me a lot of brain searching and even more cups of coffee until I finally came up with something that I felt were my accurate views on this read, and also did the book justice; the problem with this book, for me, was not that I didn't like it I just didn’t like all of it.

Written from at least 5 different points of view, this book is, for the main, very well written. The multiple perspectives add depth to the storyline but also cause a few
Patricia Eddy
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So this book is a multiple-POV book. I think there were 5 total. It was mostly well done. At the beginning, each POV was a good chunk and then they started getting shorter. I enjoyed the multiple perspectives, but there were a few issues with it as well. Towards the end, when there was more action, the author felt the need to re-hash many of the scenes from differing POVs. I understand the desire, because you miss out on a lot of perspective when you see a scene from only one POV, but it got a ...more
Erin Penn
At the end of the story, I really liked what I read.

The first Point of View switch was very jarring. The second was annoying because it was to a third-character, but by then I figured out the "chapter groupings" announce the character whose POV is at the top. I likely would have found this out faster in a paperbook and been happier about the POV switches. Then there are several POV switches where they scene is played from different standpoints - something I would accept if the POV provided some
G33z3r
Jun 06, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, there's certainly more than enough action in this story; in fact, that's pretty much all it is.

Several sociopathic clone super beings demonstrate how fast, tough, and ruthless they are by carving their way through civilian populations and military units alike as they fight their own three-party war.

I found the point of view shifting between four characters, all using first-person narration, to be a bit confusing; especially when it often retells the same scene from a different character's
Krissys
I can't post a rating for this book because I both loved and hated it at the same time. I felt that there was a lot that could have made it so much more better than it was but there were quite a few flaws that prevented me from being able to delve in and immerse myself in the world that the author did so well to create. You can tell that they put a lot of thought in it but the over all execution of dialog or the repetition from multiple views of the same scene or conversation wasn't needed but ...more
Allan Ashinoff
I downloaded this ebook for free during an Amazon promotional period.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book until the story began to repeat itself almost word for word at the 60%, 75% and 86% points in the kindle edition. I do appreciate changes in the point of view in a story. But having to re-read the exact same moment (sometimes verbatim) over and over again really detracted from the flow of an otherwise compelling story. This was the sole difference between my giving this story three stars instead
LeeAnna
Sep 20, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book had such great promise. The author had a whole universe created that could have been completely absorbing. However, the writing style stopped all immersion for me. Almost every sentence started with "I.." And when the POV started to change this got unbearable. I am sad I wont finish thus book, since the plot seemed great. If it was edited someday and had more advanced writing, Id pick ut up for sure v
Jin
Dec 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I admit I was a little frusted at how short this first installment was (I wanted more). Given the short length however, I did find it well written, fast paced and exciting. Victor Methos has demonstrated and ability to engage the reading audience very quickly and thoroughly.

I will be adding this author to my "Follow" list.
Devri Walls
Hmmm, well. I liked parts of it for sure, and the writing style I enjoyed. My problem came when we switched points of view and he copied and pasted the previous scene, switching minor parts. I had to reread several scenes several time. Obnoxious. Decide whose point of view you need that scene in and do it. A little overlap I can do but this was excessive!
Aisha
May 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was AMAZING. I was hooked from the first moment that I started reading it. I loved the different character viewpoints and how they all seamlessly intertwined to add to the overall story. There were a few spelling errors, but not enough to ruin my overall enjoyment of the book. I can't wait to read the next installment in this series!
Candy
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lots of action. Karma and Ava best characters to me. I would have rated the book higher, but couldn't when the author wrote from each character's point of view on the same event. The problem was when he worded it almost the same from each it became extremely boring and a waste of time. This is a series but I will not continue to read it.
Carrie
Oct 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This started strong, although a bit more gore than I expected. (But the eyes getting poked out is about my threshold for gore lol) Then when a major action piece began, we had to re read it from 4 different points of view. Why? It didn't add anything. It was annoying. Will I read more of the story? Probably. It was an interesting world and I like Ava.
Rick Smith
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was well written with a lot of action. Good and different story line with good characters. However there were quiet a few times that the story repeated itself from a different point of view. And that got old pretty quick. Will I be looking for more by V. Methos? I do believe i will.
David Teachout
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This demands more stories to further the world. Gritty scifi with great action, a gripping story and enough social commentary to keep the reader feeling like they're getting some meaning in the midst of the crazy good fun.
Tyson
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book but way to short. I am really hoping there is going to be another book to finish this one off. I realize short stories are meant to be just that - short but I really wanted to continue reading and was disappointed when there was nothing left to read.
Cindy
Blade Runner theme of clones "vs." humans with a few twists. Only a few grammar mistakes, which is not typical of the usual multitude of grammar mistakes in amazon free ebooks. Nothing too monumental, but nice light escapist read.
Derek
Oct 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting premise. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I did enjoy the multiple POV of the different characters. It's an interesting way to present the story as you don't really know who the most important characters are until the end of the story.
Nathan Hurst
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. Some great ideas but ultimately too short. Could really do with being a longer full ranging story.
Jessica
Dec 07, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is pretty sexist and not well-written. I would recommend avoiding it, unless you have nothing else to read.
Nikki
really great story. fast paced and full of action. definitely recommend.
Melissa D
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice story. Very engaging.
Tricia (McAllister) Houseman
didn't like being dropped into the middle of a story, especially when they don't give you that much history. otherwise, it was a decent story.
lenora crenshaw
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sci-fi Wonder

This author continues to amaze me with his versatility and range of talent. He delights his fans with magnificent works of art.
James Kidd
A multiple first person hard core SF tale. Clones and humans and ships and swords. Very readable, and the action flows,,but somehow not as good as I thought it should be.
Lara

• The Water Dancer
  • In the Dark
  • You Only Die Twice
  • Taken
  • The Listener (Virtue Falls, #0.5)
  • Under Lying
  • Cragside (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #6)
  • The Woman at Number 19
  • Call the Nurse: True Stories of a Country Nurse on a Scottish Isle (The Country Nurse Series, Book One)
  • Head In The Sand (DI Nick Dixon #2)
  • True Stories from the Files of the FBI
  • Stop & Frisk
  • The Work of a Narrow Mind (DI Hillary Greene, #16)
  • As The Crow Flies (DI Nick Dixon #1)
  • Left To Die (To Die, #1)
  • The Reunion
  • Cold Cold Heart
  • Last Man Standing
Victor Methos is the Edgar Award nominated bestselling author of over forty novels. He has been a criminal and civil rights lawyer in the Mountain West, conducting over 100 trials, and produces two books a year with his dog Fraiser by his side.