Start by marking “Naughty Amelia Jane!” as Want to Read:
Naughty Amelia Jane!

Naughty Amelia Jane!

(Amelia Jane #1)

Free Delivery if order value from the seller is greater than 399. Used Book in good condition. No missing/ torn pages. No stains. Note: The above used product classification has been solely undertaken by the seller. Amazon shall neither be liable nor responsible for any used product classification undertaken by the seller. A-to-Z Guarantee not applicable on used products.
Published December 1st 1989 by Hamlyn young books (first published 1939)

To ask other readers questions about Naughty Amelia Jane!, please sign up.
Veda She is naughty because she is a homemade doll, and the other toys are not naughty because they are made at shops.

Aine
This is story about a mischievous doll named Amelia Jane. All the store-bought toys in the nursery are always well behaved, but homemade Amelia Jane is always up to tricks.

Amelia Jane can never be good for more than one week. She often plays nasty tricks on the other toys and gets them all into trouble. As a result, the toys always try to teach Amelia Jane a lesson by playing some tricks on her, but Amelia Jane never learns. With every trick she plays, someone always ends up hurt, and sometimes
Ramyaa Gobi
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I remember reading this book as a child and enjoying it. This is one book which thought me not to judge a book by its cover because when my mom first gave it to me, I said "mom, this looks so boring" and I was obviously wrong. I have always been a big fan of Enid Blyton and have always enjoyed her most of her books like 'Thirteen O'Clock' and '12 silver cups' but the Amelia Jane series is very different. This is the sort of book any growing up child should read. It has very simple grammar and th ...more
Ruthliz
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought Naughty Jane would completely reform or be taken away by the children so that the other dolls could love in peace.
But I still like the fact she scars her hand and she will always remember that she got it by being naughty and mean
Shazin
Enid Blyton used to be my fav author whn i was 10..!!!
Year 6
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Franny: I really like this book because it brings silly toys to life and they go on adventure all around the city. She plays lots of tricks on the other people bu never gets caught by humans. I give this book 4 stars because they could have put more in about the humans.
Alison Condliffe
I would give this doll away but Amelia Jane’s redeeming feature is that she does accept her mistakes and consequences. She doesn’t seem to learn lessons from them which makes these stories enjoyable to children. These stories popular with kids who like that she is not perfect.
Trupti Haldankar
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She is super naughty and clever doll
Susan
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maggie-books
Dionee
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
read this as a child and it was very good but Amelia Jane scared me alot.
Harmony Chen
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it's good but not the best
Elaine Mullane
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Revisiting the books of my youth out of a feeling of nostalgia! I loved Enid Blyton when I was younger and can't wait to re-read these with my own children.
Agata
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I bought this at a bring-and-buy sale at school. The cover looked all right, and I liked Enid Blyton's 'The Naughtiest Girl in the School' series, so I got it. It turned out to be very disappointing. Before reading it, I thought Amelia Jane was a real person, not a doll! I adore books about naughty little kids, they're usually so good and funny. Instead, it was a pile of boring drivel for three year olds.

If you're looking for good books about misbehaving children, try 'Le petit Nicolas', 'Horr
Diana
Read this to my class at school, it seems a bit dated now and a couple of the children actually gasped when I read the word stupid ( one of the toys told another they were stupid) I even got a few hands raised miss miss you said stupid!! The main toy was a naughty doll called Amelia Jane, apparently it wasn't really her fault she was so naughty it was because she wasn't a proper doll bought from a toy shop like the other but had infant been home made so didn't have any breeding or manners sewn i ...more
Devy
Sep 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Naughty Amelia Jane was a kind of a interesting and a funny book .its about a girl named Amelia Jane she as the most naughty doll in the toys.She was the most giant doll. All the other toys were from a shop so they were very well-mannered but Amelia Jane was picked out from the garbage so she was very rude to the toys.She always does some very naughty things that the toys think that she is very rude.So it was amazing book.
Camillia (Twenty Three Pages)
Aw my dad used to read this to me as a child.
Lavinia
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amelia Jane is a very naughty doll, described as The Terror of the Toy Cupboard, who goes around being an absolute horror to the other toys. But not only the other toys - she snips Nanny's carpet, curtain and favourite handkerchief.

This book is brilliant, for six-to-nine-year-olds. I recommend it highly - very highly.
Ramya
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is very disturbing to adults but to a child, it nicely plays out all those not so nice aggressive feelings in the world of toys. This series inspired me to make my own verbal sequels to the adventures and terrorization of Amelia Jane called "Amelia Bad-elia" -- yes, even as a pre-teen I had stigmatized Amelia Jane as bad but redeemable by her need to be loved.
Ash
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't remember reading this book earlier. It is a cute and funny book about a naughty doll. I am sure I will make my son read this book as it is too good. But whether the already naughty boy will learn some naughty tricks from Amelia, or learn to be good since Amelia got into trouble every time she was naughty, time will tell. I enjoyed reading this as an adult too.
Rosie Wedge
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A greatly nostalgic story that I first read as a young child. Super fun and ideal for kids as not only is their mischief and adventure, but also a lesson to be learnt that keeps it safe for influential kids.
areeba
Nov 12, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
its a r. naughty book hahaha
Tara Calaby
Jan 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: junior-fiction
I don't remember a lot about this one, beyond the fact that I definitely read it as a kid.
Meera
This book is about a naughty girl
Montana "the
She's realy mean
Ifeyinwa
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing childhood stories.
Sai Sruthi
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When toys turn out to be naughtier than their owners
Pauline
Jan 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I have read this book to my class of 6-7 Year olds and they all loved every single story!
Saina Sharma
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
funny
Eleyna
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I used to love this book when i was little :)

• Lima Sekawan: Menaklukkan Agen Rahasia (2)
  • Zac Power Ultimate Mission
  • Lizzie Goes Wild
  • Bad Dreams
  • Picture This (Lizzie McGuire, #5)
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's
  • When Moms Attack! (Lizzie McGuire)
  • The Turbulent Term of Tyke Tiler
  • Badjelly The Witch
  • Mrs. Pepperpot Stories
  • The Five Masks of Dr. Screem (Goosebumps: Hall of Horrors, #3)
  • Queen Bee
  • The Battle Begins (Underworlds, #1)
  • The Paw Thing
  • Hocus-Pocus (Two of a Kind Diaries, #37)
  • Closer Than Ever (Two of a Kind, #25)
  • It's Snow Problem (Two of a Kind, #15)
  • Clever Polly and the Stupid Wolf
Enid Mary Blyton (1897 - 1968) was an English author of children's books.

Born in South London, Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 192

Amelia Jane (4 books)
  • Amelia Jane Again
  • More About Amelia Jane!
  • Good Idea, Amelia Jane!