Start by marking “Tail of Vengeance (Chet and Bernie Mystery 0.3)” as Want to Read:
Tail of Vengeance (Chet and Bernie Mystery 0.3)

Tail of Vengeance (Chet and Bernie Mystery 0.3)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  376 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Chet and Bernie—everybody’s favorite human-canine detective team—are asked by a beautiful woman to find evidence that would put her cheating boyfriend in the doghouse in this e-original short story from New York Times bestselling author Spencer Quinn.
Published July 8th 2014 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about Tail of Vengeance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tail of Vengeance

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth SteinA Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce CameronLost And Found by Amy ShojaiThis Dog's Afterlife by David ShockleyRoam by Alan Lazar
Dog's Eye View
96th out of 108 books — 90 voters
The Salty Dog by Debbie   WhiteA Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce CameronMarley and Me by John GroganCracker! by Cynthia KadohataA Dog's Life by Ann M. Martin
Books with Dogs on The Cover
105th out of 198 books — 75 voters

More lists with this book...

Cathy Cole
Followers of this series know that Chet has mentioned the Teitelbaums several times ("That's a story for another time"), and we finally get the scoop on that particular case. Oh, what a case it is-- even if you've never heard of the Teitelbaums!

Spencer Quinn's digital short stories are perfect on multiple levels. For fans, it helps tide them over until the next Chet and Bernie book. For dog lovers, there's no author better at getting inside the head of a canine. Mystery lovers have something to
At their best, the Chet and Bernie mysteries are clever, endearing, often hilarious, and unendingly cute. At their worst, they’re merely cute.

A Tail of Vengeance is Chet and Bernie at their worst. Not bad, but not anything we haven’t read before. The story of the Teitlebaum divorce case has been alluded to so many times that all that is required of this account is for Chet to fill in the few details needed to round out the story. This he does in typical Chet fashion—charming as ever, but charmin
Oh, Chet.
Oh, Bernie.
I love you guys.
Fun, quick read, full of Chet's one-of-a-kind insights. During this story, Chet learns what hors d'oeuvres are. This short story served as an hors d'oeurve for me until I can sink my teeth into the full-course Paw & Order. (I can hear Chet now: "Sink your teeth? Say, I've done that once or twice myself! There was this one perp...but that's a story for another time.")
Kim Hammond-beyer
Very short story

Love Chet, pure and simple. Best dog detective ever. Great stream of dog consciousness narrator, too. I think u need to read a full book before the shirt stories. Good to do series in order. LOVE the series.
Kathy Tracey
I love the Chet and Bernie series, but if you have read the entire series so far, there are not a lot of surprises in this particular story as there have been many references to the final 'event'. However, if your fans of his writing, you won't be disappointed. Check it out and enjoy a quite evening with a few laughs.
Vanessa Hardy
Too short

Funny as usual, but Chet needed more appetizers. For 99¢, I expect a longer story. This is the type of short most authors publish for free.
Charles Isom
I love Chet and Bernie mysteries. The eShorts, however, are just never enough! There always seems like there is more story there, but they end too quickly. This one, however, had a lot of good emotion and Chet (as always) is the best narrator. My favorite part is his interaction with another dog 'detective' and his reaction to Bernie giving out treats. There wasn't much of a mystery to this one, though it did give a good backstory to anyone who is new to the series.

As always, and excellent read.
Love Bernie & Chet. Cute little one hour e book reading. All I can say is. . . .. .HELL HATH NO FURY!
bookaday #51. Chet and Bernie are on the job again! We want to chase tumbleweeds with you Chet!
Michelle Gabel
Cute read!

Never a dull moment with Chet and Bernie. Lovely surprise end as well, never saw it coming. Laughed out loud!
A short story in the Bernie and Chet series, not much to it.
Cute; but way too short! Only about 20 pages :(
Gotta love Chet! Short story or not.
Not bad for a dollar. Standard Chet fare for good and bad.
Nancy Graham
Short story/novella. Fun.
This was a short story about the much referred to Teitelbaum divorce. Until this came out I actually thought it must have been covered in a previous book but I just didn't remember. It was a good story but I will be waiting and hoping for another Iggy Chronicles short story.
David Blaylock
Worth the 99 I paid for the story. ...more
Gail Hesselholt
These are fun reads. Fairly good mysteries. Enjoyed all of his books.
I never get tired of Chet the Jet, he's always and reliably awesome. This was a cute little story.
I love Chet and Bernie. This is a short story and it has the same charm as the series. No matter what the two get into them manage to get themselves out of it! A fun read.
A great Chet and Bernie adventure. (aren't they all?)
Very short book - novella really. Not as good as Dog On It.
Leave it to Bernie to be hired by a girlfriend to check out her boyfriend, whom she thinks is cheating on her, only to discover that the man is married, and paying off another PI whom his wife has hired to investigate him...Then Bernie is visited by a construction worker wannabe...and attends a barn party... Yep! Surprises all around! Although, as usual, Bernie does what's right...
A quick read that tells the story of an event that Chet refers to often in other books. I thought it was a fun read.
I love Chet and Bernie. Can't wait for the next installment.
Mary Rocco
This short story is a little something to whet the appetite for the next Chet and Bernie mystery novel that comes out on August 5, 2014. It's only 46 pages.
Short and sweet Chet & Bernie, in which we finally get to witness the legendary Teitelbaum divorce.
I'm such a sucker for ebook only releases from my favorite authors. They usually read in about 46 minutes.
Cute story. Love Chet. "Nuff said!
  • In Dog We Trust (Golden Retriever Mystery #1)
  • If I'm Dead (Rachel Knight, #1.6)
  • Hounded: An Andy Carpenter Mystery
  • Tutti Frutti (Dev Haskell - Private Investigator, Book 5)
  • Corrupt Practices: A Parker Stern Novel (Parker Stern, #1)
  • The Bloom County Library, Vol. 4: 1986-1987
  • Red Right Return (Buck Reilly Adventure #1)
  • The Dance Begins
  • Cat in a Hot Pink Pursuit (Midnight Louie, #17)
  • The Anteater of Death (A Gunn Zoo Mystery, #1)
  • Beautiful Ghosts (Inspector Shan, #4)
  • Some Like It Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #5)
  • The Edible Exile
  • The Travelers
Spencer Quinn lives on Cape Cod with his dog Audrey, and is hard at work on the next Chet and Bernie adventure.

Spencer Quinn is a pseudonym of author Peter Abrahams.

* A Chet and Bernie Mystery

More about Spencer Quinn...

Chet and Bernie Mystery (8 books)
  • Dog on It (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #1)
  • Thereby Hangs a Tail (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #2)
  • To Fetch a Thief (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #3)
  • The Dog Who Knew Too Much (Chet and Bernie #4)
  • A Fistful of Collars (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #5)
  • The Sound and the Furry (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #6)
  • Paw and Order (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #7)
  • Scents and Sensibility (A Chet and Bernie Mystery #8)