Start by marking “Me Squared” as Want to Read:
Me Squared

Me Squared

Hildan Hegennerry was an ordinary kid- he had good parents, a great best friend, and a clone. Well, that part's not so ordinary, is it?

Join Hildan on an action-packed adventure as he unveils dark secrets and discovers what it's like to have a brother.

Me Squared is more than an adventure- it also tackles some very important issues regarding bioethics and human cloning-
Published November 2013

To ask other readers questions about Me Squared, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me Squared

Start your review of Me Squared
Jacquelyn
Jan 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
(Source: The author gave me a copy of this book free of charge on a read to review basis. Thanks, Jourdan!)

This book was not my cup of tea, at all. There were so many things I had issues with.

First off, the characters. I was not connected to ANY of the characters. If I am really connected to the main character of a book I will most likely enjoy it but with this book I couldn't relate to Hildan at all. I couldn't even remember his name while I was still currently reading this one.

I
Clare O'Beara
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hildan's parents had been told that he might be born with a major health issue, and a medical company offered to clone him in case he needed new organs. The curious boy asks to visit his clone, expecting to see it in a tank of liquid. Instead he meets a schoolkid just like a twin.

ME SQUARED follows the determined boy as he investigates the medical laboratory owned byStuqe. This firm has bought up a town and keeps its business secret. Hildan and his parents, the Hegennerys, can now di
James Field
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
The idea behind the story is simple enough. A boy with no brother or sister discovers he has an illegal genetic copy. The boy's family wind up in the unethical cloning company's cruel clutches. Together, the two brothers have to find a way out.
Jourdan Cameron's uncomplicated writing style is vivid and graphic; which is a fine way to present youngsters with the complex moralistic problems behind the question of cloning.
The story moves along at a quick pace, with enough plot developmen
Amber Myers

A free copy was received in exchange for an honest review.
To be honest at first I thought this book was going to be bad. It actually ended up pretty good though. It's short and doesn't really go into depth on much of anything. We don't get to know the characters very well. Also there is a occasional type and some times the two boys are mixed up.
Other then that it was pretty cool. It was cool to follow Hildan finding out he has a brother and all the things he has to go through. Li
Isabel
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-review
Considering this is a book I am pretty sure is aimed at children/young adults (I would say I found the writing style something I would say is more suitable for those 8-12 rather than teenagers), it had some pretty weighty issues debated within it.
Without including spoilers, this book covers cloning and the ethical issues around it, all from the viewpoint of one boy- Hildan. It asks whether cloning is right or wrong, even when done to save lives. Where do we draw the line, where do we stop
Deniz
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I received a copy of this book, I sat down and read it. It took me about two days to finish. Not bad!

The idea of the story was brilliant. It was original, strong, and could be worked on in various different ways. Oh, how I wished that it could be a full on book! This could have easily been a book or two and I would have enjoyed reading it. My reasoning for this is because, I felt like the story was moving on at a fast-pace, and there wasn't much time in-between to savor moments
Trinity
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book free of cost for a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Jourdan Cameron.)

I really wish I liked this book more. Lots of things went out that I really didn't like. I felt that this book was rushed and there were too many things going on at once that I just wanted to stop reading the book. This book was okay, I wish it was better in my opinion. There were a lot of ideas that I thought of that I wish was in the book.

The plot was really b
Madison Woods
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-of-2015
I was half-intrigued by Me Squared. It was usually not something I read, and I can’t really remember the last time I read something like this book. I am not a full blown action person, but the book was okay. It did not hold my attention as much as I hoped it would, but it was still alright.

I thought the book moved a little too fast, and I did not really get to actually get moved or emotionally attached to a character. I thought the whole cloning thing was really interesting because I
Andrea
Dec 17, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nook-book, owned
** I was given a electronic copy of this book by the author, in exchange for an honest review. **

I felt like the whole story was rushed. There wasn't any character devlopment & I felt that there were many holes in the story. I think that the concept & the base of the story has some strong points, but more development needs to be done.
Jourdan Cameron
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Brian Martin
Dec 27, 2013
Ambsmyers52
Jan 19, 2015
Tracy
rated it did not like it
Jan 16, 2014
Nikki Plummer
Feb 09, 2016
Jaymeson Hammonds
Feb 10, 2016
Jourdan Cameron lives with his family in Connecticut where he writes poetry, takes an uncanny amount of photographs and produces the occasional book. His various hobbies include aquariums, video game criticism, photography, reading, and of course writing.