Start by marking “Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, Volume 2: Superior Six” as Want to Read:
Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, Volume 2: Superior Six

Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, Volume 2: Superior Six

(Superior Spider-Man Team-Up (Collected Editions) #2)

The Superior Six are here! Spider-Man has captured the members of the Sinister Six...and now he has formed them into his own Superior super-hero team! But can Spider-Man trust his new team, aka his greatest enemies, when a reformed Masters of Evil come calling? As everything begins to go wrong, Spider-Man learns that with great arrogance must come great consequences. Now, ...more
Published July 8th 2014 by Marvel (first published June 24th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, Volume 2

Start your review of Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, Volume 2: Superior Six
Gavin
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Continuing EVIL week buddy reads with the Shallow Readers, here we've got Superior Spider-Man (Evil Otto in Good Peter's body) alongside the Sinister Superior Six (Vulture, Electro, Sandman, Mysterio, Chameleon (and usually Doc Ock!).

Here's an interesting twist on things: Otto has the other members of the Six under control via his Spider-bots, so he has control of all their actions, and is using them for various evil shenanigans good!

Of course, since this is Spider-Man, everything goes tits
Anthony
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was pretty fun. Yost brings his threads of building a Sinister Six to a head and it goes horribly wrong for Otto, meaning he has to take on all his old villain buddies at the same time. There's also a cool team up with Namor, which ties into Hickmans Avengers a little. Namor and Otto are both arrogant assholes, so this team up is pretty much what you expect and want. Punisher and Daredevil are also back to and help Otto try to defend Spider-Island. The volume wraps up with a flashback to an ...more
Tony
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
This wasn't a bad series by any means but wasn't that good either. A quick, and ultimately forgettable, read.
Aldo Haegemans
Oct 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5/5
Matt
Collects Superior Spider-Man Team-Up issues #5-12

I've said this before, but I'll say it again: For some reason, Dan Slott is the only one that can get the voice of the Superior Spider-Man correct. The other writers tend to make Otto too much of a jerk that doesn't really come off as the hero that Otto is attempting to be. Case in point, in this volume the writer, Chris Yost, makes me forget that I'm reading a Spider-Man book because of the way he writes Otto's dialogue. In a sad twist, reading
Daniel Butcher
Aug 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marvel-now
The story ties into the final Superior story and to me really shows how Otto realized there was a better Spidey and why he made his choice over in Superior.

So in many ways, I felt this explained what happened better than we saw in the Slott title.
Lionel
Sep 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Some of the stories were good, others without interest. And I just love the art of Marco Checchetto, my favorite artist
Villain E
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, superheroes
For a while now Spider-Man/Doc Ock has been capturing his old teammates, the Sinister Six. Now he tries to control them with his mind (the same way he does his extra arms) as the Superior Six!

And fails miserably. It was very anticlimactic.

Then a one-off where Namor reassures Dock Ock that he is entitled to his arrogance. Then two issues which take place during the Goblin Nation arc in the main book. Then a capstone reinforcing the end of the Superior Spider-Man.

It was okay. You could tell this
Sean
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Otto's history with so many other villains plays so well in his incarnation of the Superior Spider-Man. The "Superior" Six was fun but could have been a much bigger storyline. The best part of the book was by far the untold tale of Otto and Norman's past. I loved it and it all made sense going forward. The art was pretty spectacular. Overall, a fine read that would have been played out better in the main book.
Alex Sarll
Assorted auxillary material of varying quality; some of it is just filling issues, but the climactic restatement of Dr Octopus' tangled, tormented history with the Green Goblin means the collection ends on a high note.
Austin
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review of Superior Spider-Man Team Up 2

This book was not just a good read, it was a great read. I loved the concept of the Superior Six and I loved the tragic story of Mary Alice. I strongly recommend this book to any Spider-Man or Doctor Octopus fans!
Jason Scott
Jan 28, 2018 rated it liked it
mostly good

the last two volumes showing doc ock vs the green goblin was kind of cheesy, especially reading it after the end of goblin nation
Brandt
Jan 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books
I loved Dan Slott's The Superior Spider-Man and the closing story arc "Goblin Nation" and of course, since the series generated a ton of buzz, Marvel felt the need to capitalize on the buzz with The Superior Spider-Man Team-Up. When not in Slott's deft hands, some of the stories in collection fall flat. Doc-Ock-as-Peter employing the Sinister Six as enslaved helpers in his quest to be a "Superior" Spider-Man to Peter is an interesting take, but the story feels a bit rushed, even though it is ...more
Andy
Nov 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, spider-man
I read this at the same time as the final SSM volume as they complement and feed off each other.

The initial Superior Six storyline is interesting but I found Marc Checchetto's pencils became a little muddy and confusing as the story moved on. Saying that, maybe it's the colour work as that double page Sandman/Empire State building spread looks great in the inks (at the back) but the colouring is so dark you lose the detail.

The Namor story is kind of pointless at this point but we swiftly move
B
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: westend, borrowed
there are really two stories in this book: one where superior Spider-Man's overweening arrogance causes him to publicly fail only to be saved by a relative nobody. people seemed to tell this story a lot. and it misses the potentially rich interaction between Octopus and his former cohort.

the second story is an unbelievably interesting story about norman Osborn and Octavius. that could have been drawn out longer.
David Sanz
Apr 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
No es tan bueno como la serie principal pero tiene sus buenos momentos. El enfrentamiento Duende vs Otto está muy bien llevado, con un ritmo que avanza expresamente a trompicones y que sirve para expresar el punto de vista de Otto.
David
Jul 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books
Big thumbs up for first half of book. Need to read Superior Spider-man vol. 4, 5 and 6 before I finish this collection.
Jeremiah
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Spider-Meh.
Sharon
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Cagne
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, marvel
A must companion to the Superior spider-man series, so much left out from the main series.
Ondra Král
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Po mizerné jedničce obrovský skok v kvalitě. První velký příběh se Sinister Six má naprosto geniální nápad, bohužel ne moc dobře zpracovaný. Ale pak se to rozjede...
Tim Rohr
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked that it had several short story arcs. The last one with the Green Goblin I found to be the most interesting. Solid read - nothing too splashy or boring.
S.g.

• Loki: Agent of Asgard, Vol. 1: Trust Me
  • Thor: God of Thunder, Volume 3: The Accursed
  • Avengers, Volume 3: Prelude to Infinity
  • The Arms of the Octopus

Superior Spider-Man Team-Up (Collected Editions) (2 books)
  • Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, Volume 1: Versus