Start by marking “Deadpool, Volume 4: Deadpool vs. S.H.I.E.L.D.” as Want to Read:
Deadpool, Volume 4: Deadpool vs. S.H.I.E.L.D.

Deadpool, Volume 4: Deadpool vs. S.H.I.E.L.D.

(Deadpool (2012) (Collected Editions) #4)

S.H.I.E.L.D. makes a grievous tactical error when they stiff Deadpool on a bill, and you can bet that they’re going to regret it! Deadpool declares a one-man war on the world peacekeeping agency — but even as the maniacal merc pursues his revenge, S.H.I.E.L.D. discovers someone has been betraying them…and it seems to be Agent Preston! Deadpool takes his fight to the Helica ...more
Published June 3rd 2014 by Marvel

Bradley
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Want a little ultraviolence in your comics? A bit of over-the-top blood and guts and humor?

This has it, plus, Deadpool has FRIENDS. Awwww. It's kinda amazing. I never thought it could happen. *wipes away a tear*

Even Phil Caulson seems to be on his side.

Of course, Phil only said to light a signal on the helicarrier... he didn't say to blow it up after brutally murdering everyone on board.... but oh well. Win some, lose some.

The first story in the volume was inexplicable and horrific in it's Wakan
Jeff
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comix
This was a buddy read with Lady Deadpool.

“I just flew in from Ultimatum and boy are my arms tired…from killing everyone.”

Reading Deadpool usually means leaving my brain at the door. When reading, I look for three simple things: humor, a plot that doesn’t involve second year Calculus to figure out (to overstate the obvious, I’m shallow and have a hard time keeping up), and gratuitous violence. So the bar isn’t set very high.

It takes a decent writer to integrate Deadpool into a mainstream Marvel c
Anne
Sep 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Anne by: Jeff

Buddy Read with Jeff.
I *glomp* you, pal!
Neither Jeff, nor I, have any idea what *glomp* means, but we noticed our young counterparts using it a lot, decided to try to work it into a review.
You know, to prove we're down with the hip lingo...'n stuff.
If, by any chance, it means something horrifyingly embarrassing?
Oops.

description

So, Angsty Deadpool isn't totally gone in volume 4, and it kinda brings the high-octane energy of the title down a bit. For me, anyway.
I'm just not sure where the Posehn is
Brandon
After the hellish events that took place in North Korea, Deadpool decides it’s time for Shield to come clean with the money they owe him for knocking off all those zombie presidents. When the coin doesn’t show, Deadpool takes matters into his own hands and pursues the keeper of the cash himself, rogue special agent Gorman. The bad news? Gorman puts a ten million dollar price tag on the head of Deadpool and every villain sets their sights on the Merc with a Mouth. Can Deadpool push through the ga ...more
Chelsea 🏳️‍🌈
Another great volume. The best part of this is the issue where Deadpool has to expel Agent Preston's mind from his own so she can transfer to the Life Model Decoy body. Deadpool has to let her go and that's an unexpected obstacle for him. He got used to Agent Preston's company and I think he got attached to having someone who actually cares about his well being.

This was funny, as usual. It wasn't as laugh out loud hilarious as the previous ones but still easily enjoyable.
Sesana
Oct 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
I dropped out of this series because I had no real interest in reading volume two. Not sure yet if starting it up again was the right idea.

The bad: Deadpool angst bores me, and that seems to be the way the book is leaning. He isn't very good at it, and it doesn't sit on the character very well. The puns are really, really awful. And it's so tastelessly violent that even the characters are disturbed by it. There's also a retro-style issue that's just plain terrible. It's unfunny, overly long, and
Sam Quixote
Sep 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Into its fourth volume, Marvel NOW! Deadpool feels like a sitcom that’s been on for a bit too long, with rigidly-defined characters/catchphrases and everything feels a bit stale and predictable.

Deadpool’s after the millions of dollars that rogue SHIELD agent Gorman stiffed from him, but Gorman’s put out a hit on Deadpool to keep him from getting him. Guess how well that works out for Gorman? Meanwhile, Agent Preston is STILL in Deadpool’s head and Brian Posehn/Gerry Duggan are still doing the “f
Lono
Oct 05, 2014 rated it liked it
description

There is certainly some funny moments in Deadpool VS. Shield. Agent Coulson discussing Master Baiters, the Watcher thinking maybe he should get a little more involved, the tribute to Aliens in part 3, and Wade’s hysterical trip through airport security. I think the only things that keep me reading this title are the adolescent puns and ultra-violent action that moves the story along at a good clip. Wade’s inner monologue can be amusing at times. This story is a continuation of the ongoing story
Ivy
5 🌟

First time reading a Deadpool comic. Deadpool is very interesting. Nice to see S.H.I.E.L.D. Happy that Preston got a new body.
Joseph Inzirillo
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The quick and short review. I must find more Deadpool. Hilarious and violent. Just awesome.
Irina
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
And I loved this one too :D
Michael Church
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marvel-comics
This book continues to deliver. It's just excellent. If you read The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly then you know the potential that has been built up in this story. While the first couple of arcs were a little weak, they still laid the foundation for what's been happening. I admit, this is the first Deadpool series I've read, but it's one of the best books I've picked up.

Deadpool is known for his comedy, but also his intense violence (see Deadpool Kills... series). This does a great job of blendi
Jana
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
This volume is a great continuation of the series, with action-packed pages and a fitting wrap-up to Agent Preston's storyline. I especially like the humor present throughout the entire volume--Watchmen and Alien references, anyone?--but the ultra-violence was almost too much for me. I'm a longtime fan of the Deadpool character, I know what to expect, but how is there any red ink left in the world?
Jenn
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
COULSON AND DEADPOOL
Lindsey.parks
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really like this Deadpool.
Nathan Sizemore
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
78/100

I actually really liked the throwback issue in this set of issues with its loving homage to the art of Jack Kirby. And Deadpool's Wakandan suit was awesome. Also, Sledpool! Sledpool is the best.

Agent Adsit is probably my favorite shield agent, too. But I also really like Agent Preston. And Agent Coulson has some moments to shine. Wait, I have actual feelings about three shield agents? What's going on here?

I also like that Michael the necromancer and the ghost of Ben Franklin continue to po
nina
Puerile and juvenile isn't my usual cup of tea, but god this was funny. In fact, Deadpool is relentlessly hilarious in the way he refuses to take anything seriously at all. There's some angst too, which may not be quite Deadpooly, but I found it a nice counter-balance to his anarchic side. It seemed to add a poignant dimension to the character. Having said that, I think even without the angst, I really enjoyed the Merc with a mouth.

Also, there are non-Deadpool elements which I loved, like henchm
Villain E
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: superheroes, comics
First another flashback issue, this time to the 60's with Kirby-esque artwork at its most over-the-top. Then, while Deadpool is down in the dumps because of what happened in the last volume, double-agent Gorman puts out a contract on Deadpool. This isn't so much Deadpool versus SHIELD as it is Deadpool versus mercenaries.

In a lot of ways this is the opposite of the last volume. Where that was a dramatic plot peppered with Deadpools snarky remarks, this is a pratfall plot but Deadpool is too dep
Ben Lund
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the one that I liked, just as goofy and off the wall as the other ones, but Deadpool wants his money and he's going to get it. Lots of oddball characters, lots of fighting and violence and Deadpool being himself (even a subtle nod to the Watchmen series). Of the 4 I read so far, this was the first to get 5 stars from me. Great ride.
Adam
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, comic-volumes
Much better. So far, this series has been fairly okay for me; it by no means has been particularly great. But, with this volume, it has definitely stepped up its game. This is the Deadpool that I was looking for.
Nick

3.5 Stars

It's pretty decent Deadpool. It's somehow brutally violent and feel-good at the same time.
Drizztl
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-2018
7/10
Pretty good, funny and interesting in the same time...especially loved the crossbones part
Rob Ryan
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!
Filip
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great look at Deadpool's life. Unfortunately, the beginning is a bit underwhelming... But it picks up the pace in parts 24 and 25, which have everything I look for in Deadpool comics.
Jen
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best Deadpool's I have read. It had much more humor, even while dealing with Deadpool's serious issue about his daughter and her mother.
Alex
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, deadpool, marvel
This volume was so funny. Definitely a tremendous improvement in the series. I loved the violence, disturbance, and the humor. LOVE IT. Also the poke at watchmen was hilarious.
Wing Kee
Jul 14, 2015 rated it liked it
A slight drop in quality and the continuation of tone change.

So, yes the last arc was probably the best Deadpool arc I've read so far (which means nothing cause I've read so little), this arc is a continuation of that arc and also a culmination of what started in the first arc with Gorman. So how does it read? Read on:

World: The art as with the rest of the series has been fun, it's not superb but it serves the story well and matches the tone of the Deadpool book (though the tone is shifting). Th
Erikka
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think this tied up the Agent Preston arc very nicely. I did have two continuity concerns, but nothing could distract me from the jab at Watchmen at the end of vol. 23. I HATED the pirate thing in Watchmen (it does nothing for the plot and interferes with the flow) and this lambastes that, along with a guy carrying a sign that says "The Ned is Nigh", which also got a chuckle.

So, continuity:

Why, when we first meet Agt Preston's kid, is his name Jeff, but for the rest of the arc it's Terry Jr. T
Paige
Apr 05, 2015 rated it liked it
This wasn't my favorite. I laughed out loud once when they made the Keith Richards reference. The dialogue seemed kind of choppy like they were overwhelmed with the amount of characters within the book speaking. There was a lot of unclear pages of suddenly the dialogue is left page to right page, instead of top to bottom one the left page then move on to the right page. Usually I don't have problems with the layout, but this one really bugged me. Obviously Deadpool is super upset about what happ ...more
Philippe Robichaud
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
A good follow up to "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly", however I found the "retro issue" about Deadpool's adventure in Wakandan a bit of a let down. Seemed a bit unorganized and didn't reveal much or move the story forward.

What this issue did do is once again show how even though Deadpool is basically unable to be killed, he's biggest threat is losing his humanity. This is something that most people don't seem to get, yes he's a bit of a psychopath lunatic, however he always ends up doing the ri
« previous 1 3 next »

• Deadpool: The Ones With Deadpool
  • Deadpool vs. Thanos
  • Night of the Living Deadpool (The Living Deadpool, #1)
  • Thor: God of Thunder, Volume 4: The Last Days of Midgard
  • Captain Marvel, Volume 3: Alis Volat Propriis
  • Storm Vol. 1: Make it Rain
  • Rocket Raccoon, Volume 1: A Chasing Tale
  • Death of Wolverine: The Weapon X Program
  • Deadpool V Gambit: The "V" is for "Vs."
  • Iron Man, Volume 4: Iron Metropolitan
Brian Edmund Posehn[1] (born July 6, 1966) is an American actor, voice actor, musician, writer, and comedian, known for his roles as Jim Kuback on The WB's Mission Hill and Brian Spukowski on Comedy Central's The Sarah Silverman Program.

(source: wikipedia)

Deadpool (2012) (Collected Editions) (8 books)
  • Deadpool, Volume 1: Dead Presidents
  • Deadpool, Volume 2: Soul Hunter
  • Deadpool, Volume 3: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
  • Deadpool, Volume 5: The Wedding of Deadpool
  • Deadpool, Volume 6: Original Sin
  • Deadpool, Volume 7: Axis
  • Deadpool, Volume 8: All Good Things…