Start by marking “Kate's Outlaw (Steam! Romance and Rails, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kate's Outlaw (Steam! Romance and Rails, #2)

Kate's Outlaw

(Steam! Romance and Rails #2)

Kate's Outlaw is part of the historical Western series Steam! Romance and Rails, featuring stories set during the era when America expanded its boundaries as fast as men could lay track. A time when passions and ambition were destined to collide.

Kate's Outlaw is also included in the first book of the series, Passion's Prize, which features three interwoven novellas by awar
Published August 7th 2013 by E.E.Burke

To ask other readers questions about Kate's Outlaw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kate's Outlaw

Cynthia
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-westerns
I love the old west, the cowboys and Indian days. I felt Ms. Burke’s captured the setting and had a wonderful plot. She brought to life one of the best times in history with a nice wonderful romance story of trust, passion, when women were little more than there not allowed to do or have a say. The character of Kate was a wonderful strong character who wouldn’t take no for an answer and worked her way to get what she wanted by giving up something she thought she wanted but found wasn’t important ...more
Glenda Kinard
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG OMG I ABSOLUTELY LOVED DEARLY LOVED
Kate's Outlaw!!!!
Is it possible for 2 people from two different sides of the track in all areas of life, family, culture, race, financial and literally the train tracks to come together and fall in love?? Can they stand against all that is so against them in a time when their love is so forbidden and looked down upon?? Will they be able to unite and get what they both want for their sides of the track?? To find out the answers and more one will surely want
Nicole Laverdure
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love western historical romance, they are so interesting and fun to read. ! I have read this novella Kate’s Outlaw, but had forgotten to write a review for it. I love what this author has written. E. E. Burke has started the Steam! Romance and Rails series. I enjoyed very much this western historical novel. I loved her characters. I also enjoyed her 2nd book The Bodyguard, and I’m excited to read her third book Her Passion’s prize!
Tonya Lucas
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kate's Outlaw is an eye opener to what our Native American ancestors really loved and honored, their heritage and land. EE Burke has written a very endearing book which makes one stop and think of the hardships that were forced on the Indians. Loved this book!!!
Sheryl
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this in the Hearts Ablaze boxed set. I really enjoyed this historical as I was taken back to the time when trains where forging paths across the west. These stories are always a fun way for me to relearn history as I am entertained with romance, passion, and some supense thrown in too.

Kate Parsons is a woaman trying to prove herself to her father. Show him she can help run the business. With the stalemate between the railroad and the men and woman living on the reservation someone is not
Sandy
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Ok
Joshua
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
Kate's Outlaw is a really good book. Shorter than I would like, but that's all up to the author. It is a historical romantic fiction book. Set in the time when the railroad is trying to get permission from the Indian tribes in Indian Territory.

Kate would like her father to take her seriously, she knows she's Not the son that her father always wanted, but why can't he accept her accomplishments & let her help in his business. He owns a railroad.

Jake "accidentally" kidnaps Kate, to keep anot
Julia David
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kate is unconventional. She wants to run her father's railroad some day, but knows it will never happen. He is too old fashioned for that and he just wants her to get married and have grandchildren for him, preferably boys. But Kate still hopes. She is trying to find some kind of resolution for the problem they are having getting the railroad through Indian territory. All of a sudden she is kidnapped by Jake and his cousin. Jake really didn't want to do it, but his cousin wanted to just kill her ...more
Diana Day-Admire
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this which was surprising to me because I had never read this genre before. I was intrigued because I have hiked and road bikes on the current KATY trail. Was interesting and I may have to pick up another in this series- EE burke made me curious as to historicals and romance genre's.

Wish they were labeled better on AMAZON- wasn't sure which was book2?

I want to read the one I heard only parts of before it was finished-
Think that is #3

Write ON! I will be watching for more from this Autho
Joann Maggio
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kate’s Outlaw by E.E.Burke
This book was a fine representation of the trials our Native Americans have experienced and the injustice they have encounters by the white men. Take that animosity on both side and throw in a love story of a rich white woman and a half white half native and you have a fully package narrative. This book carried a lessen to be learn then and now. I would sincerely recommend this read.
Diane
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
E.E. Burke is an exciting new voice in American Historical Fiction.

I really enjoyed this novella about the building of the railroads that would cross our country and open up a route through the wild west. If you love historical fiction you will enjoy this romance between Kate, the daughter of a railroad baron and Jake, the Indian she meets and can't forget.
Tonya Lucas
Mary Mastrolia
Nov 09, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Western and Medie...: Free Outlaw 3 14 Nov 15, 2014 11:02AM
E.E. Burke writes romance from the heart, woven with history the way in really happened in the wild American West. Her writing has earned accolades in regional and national contests, including the RWA's prestigious Golden Heart®.

She combines her passion for history and love of romance in stories that are as deeply rooted in American soil as her family, which she can trace back to the earliest colo

Steam! Romance and Rails (4 books)
  • Her Bodyguard  (Steam! Romance and Rails, #1)
  • A Dangerous Passion (Steam! Romance and Rails, #3)
  • Fugitive Hearts (Steam! Romance and Rails, #4)