Start by marking “A Perfect Secret (Rogue Hearts #3)” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Secret (Rogue Hearts #3)

A Perfect Secret

(Rogue Hearts #3)

Published January 7th 2014 by Mirror Lake Press (first published October 21st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Secret

Start your review of A Perfect Secret (Rogue Hearts #3)
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I enjoyed this one even more the second time around. This was a little more serious than the other two books, it deals with domestic abuse of the worst kind. Genevieve and Christian were engaged and blissfully happy, when she finds out her father is being blackmailed she is forced to marry another man. To say it is an unhappy marriage would be an understatement. He was more a cruel captor than an honorable husband. Theirs was not a true marriage. She has spent a year being physically, ...more
Katie W
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love the stories about these brothers!! I must admit, I was curious about the brother they always called "Perfectly Perfect Christian." I imagined him to be almost a saint and maybe destined to become a priest. However, I was surprised to learn that there are reasons for him to be the way he is and he's not as perfect as everyone thinks. He's still a great guy, but he's human.

I was a taken off guard by the way the story began. Instead of watching the characters (Christian and Genevieve) fall
Alisa
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is Book 3 in the Rogue Hearts series -- You don't have to read them in order, but I'm glad I did! ;) I have loved all the books in this series and I'm so happy that the author is planning to write 3 more...

Christian Amesbury is the youngest son and has never been taken seriously by his older brothers. They call him "the perfectly perfect Christian" and have always picked on him, especially his older brother Grant. Grant was really close to their brother Jason who died when then-6-year-old
Deborah
Jul 02, 2013 rated it liked it

I have been dying to read this book for so long. I am a huge Donna Hatch fan and pretty much would follow her around like a groupie if it wasn't for my beautiful children, loving husband and all my other life responsibilities that keep me a nice sweet homemaker. :)

With that being said I got this book for my Birthday as a gift and I had to immediately read it. Life is put on hold when certain authors come out with new books. I want to start out by saying that I love the Amesbury family.
Heidi
Loved the ending

A Perfect Secret is book 3 in the Rogue Hearts series. This book has a lot more serious tone than the first two books if I remember right. I don't remember them being near as sad. It starts off heartbreaking and continues to have a lot of sad drama throughout. That being said I still found it a very enjoyable read ....which shows you how good of on author Donna Hatch is. I usually have a hard time enjoying "sad" books but i couldn't put it down. I adore Christian, he may be my
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I cannot say enough great things about Donna's books. Excellent pacing, clean romance that will make you swoon and action that will keep you turning pages. I loved reading this story about Christian--it sucked me right in! Each of the plots in Donna's series is new and refreshing. Loved!
Tiffany
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Binge read this series. Highly recommend to fans of regency romance. Clean.
Barbara Rogers
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great addition to Donna Hatch's Rogue Hearts series. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the books so far. The series features the four Amesbury brothers - Cole, Jared, Grant and Christian. I hope the author will also do at least one of the sisters - Rachel since she's been featured in this book especially.

Christian, who is the hero in this book, has intrigued me almost as much as Grant (the fourth book). The brothers seem to feel they are not close, but they are always the first ones there
GG
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Much darker then first 2 in series. Christian had me completely fooled. Still a very good HEA.
Alysia
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love these Amesbury boys. Love how they pull together in this book. Especially Grant and Christian. I was a little disappointed in the kissing scenes while Genevieve was still married...that just bothered me on principle. The characters are endearing, and I am not sure what the next one is about, but I want to go get it...(I'm hoping it's about Grant...he needs a good woman :)
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy books by Donna Hatch. This has been a fun series so far with these Amesbury brothers, each with their own demons to battle. Donna’s characters always have personality oozing from them. It’s so easy to get caught up in the story and feel like you know these characters. The great thing about a series involving family is that the characters never really go away even if the books are not centered on them. They make those appearances (as families often do) and it feels good to still ...more
Aditi ~ •A Thousand Words A Million Books
MORE ON : http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.bl...

Historical romances are pretty much my favorite (type of romances) especially the ones that get it all right- from the rather formal language, to the courting and the calling upon and the mannerisms. You get the picture, right? Well, A Perfect Secret lived up to all of it!

First loves though powerful and utterly magical, have the potential to leave you scarred. Haunted. Scared to put yourself out there once again. Which is exactly what Hatch
Elizabeth
Jun 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Jacque
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
This story was intense. You read about the youngest Amesbury brother. How he loses Genevieve to the abusive Lord Wickburgh, to rescuing her from the river. The journey back to each other and finding out what separated them in the first place and why! What I enjoyed most about this story is how the Amesbury brothers came together! When Christian needed help, he didn't have to ask, they were there!
Margaret Larsen Turley
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Perfect Secret is the third Regency Romance in The Rogue Hearts Series by Donna Hatch. Christian is the youngest Amesbury brother whose struggles melted my heart. I cheered him on as the perfect hero who rescues the damsel in distress while conquering his personal dragons. This narrative weaves in the rest of the family introduced in previous stories and entices me to want to know more about the fourth and darkest brother. A Perfect Secret is a very satisfying read.
Susanne
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've been looking forward to reading this one for a while, so when I heard that it was finally released, I bought it and started reading right away. It was a great story, although probably my least favorite out of the three books in the series... The subject matter was a bit more serious than the previous two books. But still really enjoyed reading it and loved hearing Christian's story! Donna Hatch is a great author ad I flew through this one! Didn't want to stop reading!!
Melissa
This was a fun 3rd book in this series. I hate to say it but I didn't like the cover, it looks like she is biting his neck, but oh well. This was Christian's story the youngest brother he ended up being my favorite character. It was a sad story that ended up well. It was a romance for adults, but this book is clean. Some kissing, there is references to spouse abuse and a death by shooting. But it is all kept light.
Canda
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first (The Stranger She Married) and the second (The Guise of a Gentleman) books in this series and was very excited to get this one. It did not disappoint! Loved it. There is still another brother in this family and I hope he gets a book too. I'll be looking for it.
Haley
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. I have been waiting a long time for the next installment of this series. The waiting was worth it. Hopefully the wait won't be so long for the next one. I love the new covers for the first two and would love for them to be available for the novels- not just the ebooks.
Chesney
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Love this series. It has action, betrayal, romance, an evil man, and a cute hero. Just look at the cover! I could not like her others in this series put it down!
Julianna
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Sweet Historical Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
It's been three and a half years since Donna Hatch last released a full-length historical romance, and during that time, I've been eagerly awaiting the next installment in her Rogue Hearts series. Now that I've finally read A Perfect Secret, I can say unequivocally that it was worth the wait. Ms. Hatch definitely has a way with writing sweet romances that are utterly swoon-worthy, and she has a talent for conveying volumes of meaning in a simple look or touch. Every time
Maria Thomas
Rounding up from 3.5 stars.

If you want to read the sweet part of Christian and Genevieve's love story you have to read the prequel novella A Perfect Match in the book Summer House Party (Timeless Regency Collection). This book starts as they are about to be officially engaged only to have all their plans ruined by the evil Lord Wickburgh. The whole of the book until the very end is the angst and horror of getting away from him. So, even though we get a HEA ending, not much of the story is about
Donna Weaver
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WHAT IT'S ABOUT
Desperate to protect her father from trial and death, Genevieve breaks off her engagement with Christian Amesbury and marries a blackmailer. After a year of marriage, she flees her husband's violent domination only to have fate bring her back to Christian. Just when she thinks she's started a new life of safety and solitude, her husband tracks her down, stalks her, and threatens everyone she loves.

Still brokenhearted over Genevieve's betrayal a year ago, Christian can't believe
Carole Rae
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
At the end of book 2 I was curious about Christian who is the youngest son of the Amebury family. I wanted to understand him more so I was excited the very next book was about him.

The story follows Genevieve and Christian. The two had been in love, but in order to save her father Genevieve marries another. This breaks Christian's heart of course. A year goes by and Genevieve can no longer handle her husband's violent domination and evil ways, so she escapes. Her escape lands her back to
Carly Hales
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The reviews made me think this book wouldn't be so great, but after loving The Guise of a Gentleman so much I just had to find out what happened to Christian. I actually liked it a lot more than I thought. I was pretty nervous to see that domestic abuse was the main conflict/villain/everything bad, but I appreciated that the author didn't give too many details. Also I felt like the emotions of the main characters were believable but not too depressing- although I hated when Christian got drunk. ...more
Amy
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Perfect Match, the third book from Donna Hatch’s Rogue Hearts series, is an exciting addition to the series. I enjoyed Genevieve and Christian’s story. The suspense kept me on the edge of my seat and I had to keep reading on until I finished the whole book.

I am giving A Perfect Match five stars. I am looking forward to the fourth installment from the Rogue Hearts series. Readers who enjoy clean historical romance will love this one.
I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100%
Nicole
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Least favorite of the series. I guess the resolution between the brothers was implied but I felt like his problem never got solved. And, while not a fan of any of the covers, this is by far my least favorite. I so did not want to picture Christian this way. It looks very 80's to me. Maybe that is what I couldn't get past.
bibliolatry
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
I have been reading this series because I was drawn in by the novella from “Summer House Party.” I LOVED the previous two books in the series, however, this one was a let down. The heroine kept repeating the same two thoughts throughout the book. Christian was wonderful, but I did not see what he admired in Jen. I will keep reading the rest.
Krista
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: pg
I don’t enjoy books as much when the love interest is married. Even if it is a terrible relationship in the marriage, I can’t get into it. Just wait until there is a divorce or the bad guy does and then start a relationship.
Sarah Bowe
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How I love Christian! He's really such a good man. It was so sad what Genevieve had to do in order to save her family from scandal. The torment that was wrought upon her is unforgivable and her husband despicable.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 13, 2015 08:41AM

• Miss Devon's Choice (Branches of Love #5)
  • Autumn Masquerade
  • The Social Tutor (Branches of Love #1)
  • The Gentleman Physician (Branches of Love #2)
  • Secrets of a Spinster (Arrangements, #3)
  • The Rivals of Rosennor Hall (Entangled Inheritance #3)
  • Love in the Bargain  (Women of Worth #1)
  • The Burdens of a Bachelor (Arrangements, #5)
  • Beauty and the Baron (Forever After Retellings, #1)
  • Married to the Marquess (Arrangements, #2)
  • The Dangers of Doing Good (Arrangements, #4)
  • Spinster and Spice (The Spinster Chronicles, #3)
  • The Governess (Ladies of Miss Bell's Finishing School #1)
  • The Earl and His Lady (Branches of Love #4)
  • The Merry Lives of Spinsters (The Spinster Chronicles, #1)
  • Rescuing Lord Inglewood (Inglewood #1)
  • A Tip of the Cap (London League #3)
  • His Bluestocking Bride  (Branches of Love #3)
Donna Hatch is the award-winning author of the best-selling “Rogue Hearts Series” and is published in sweet Regency romance and fantasy. Her professional memberships include Romance Writers of America (RWA)and American Night Writers Association (ANWA). A sought-after workshop presenter, she juggles freelance editing, multiple volunteer positions, not to mention her six children (seven, counting ...more

Rogue Hearts (6 books)
  • The Stranger She Married (Rogue Hearts, #1)
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • The Suspect's Daughter  (Rogue Hearts #4)
  • Unmasking the Duke (Rogue Hearts, #5)
  • Untitled (Rogue Hearts, #6)