Start by marking “A Perfect Secret (Rogue Hearts #3)” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Secret (Rogue Hearts #3)

A Perfect Secret

(Rogue Hearts #3)

Published January 7th 2014 by Mirror Lake Press (first published October 21st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Secret

Start your review of A Perfect Secret (Rogue Hearts #3)
Kathy
I enjoyed this one even more the second time around.

I liked both Christian and Genevieve. I love Second Chance love stories, and these two have really gone through a lot, but are finally getting another chance to be together. If they can get over the pain and trials that have kept them apart. They have both changed a lot in the year they’ve been apart and have to learn to trust one another again. I actually enjoyed their relationship and was rooting for them to find a way to be together.

Overal
Katie W
Nov 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love the stories about these brothers!! I must admit, I was curious about the brother they always called "Perfectly Perfect Christian." I imagined him to be almost a saint and maybe destined to become a priest. However, I was surprised to learn that there are reasons for him to be the way he is and he's not as perfect as everyone thinks. He's still a great guy, but he's human.

I was a taken off guard by the way the story began. Instead of watching the characters (Christian and Genevieve) fall i
Alisa
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is Book 3 in the Rogue Hearts series -- You don't have to read them in order, but I'm glad I did! ;) I have loved all the books in this series and I'm so happy that the author is planning to write 3 more...

Christian Amesbury is the youngest son and has never been taken seriously by his older brothers. They call him "the perfectly perfect Christian" and have always picked on him, especially his older brother Grant. Grant was really close to their brother Jason who died when then-6-year-old C
Deborah
Jul 02, 2013 rated it liked it

I have been dying to read this book for so long. I am a huge Donna Hatch fan and pretty much would follow her around like a groupie if it wasn't for my beautiful children, loving husband and all my other life responsibilities that keep me a nice sweet homemaker. :)

With that being said I got this book for my Birthday as a gift and I had to immediately read it. Life is put on hold when certain authors come out with new books. I want to start out by saying that I love the Amesbury family.
Heidi
Loved the ending

A Perfect Secret is book 3 in the Rogue Hearts series. This book has a lot more serious tone than the first two books if I remember right. I don't remember them being near as sad. It starts off heartbreaking and continues to have a lot of sad drama throughout. That being said I still found it a very enjoyable read ....which shows you how good of on author Donna Hatch is. I usually have a hard time enjoying "sad" books but i couldn't put it down. I adore Christian, he may be my fa
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I cannot say enough great things about Donna's books. Excellent pacing, clean romance that will make you swoon and action that will keep you turning pages. I loved reading this story about Christian--it sucked me right in! Each of the plots in Donna's series is new and refreshing. Loved!
Tiffany
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Binge read this series. Highly recommend to fans of regency romance. Clean.
Barbara Rogers
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another great addition to Donna Hatch's Rogue Hearts series. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the books so far. The series features the four Amesbury brothers - Cole, Jared, Grant and Christian. I hope the author will also do at least one of the sisters - Rachel since she's been featured in this book especially.

Christian, who is the hero in this book, has intrigued me almost as much as Grant (the fourth book). The brothers seem to feel they are not close, but they are always the first ones there
Marissa
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Exciting!

I was so excited to continue reading the story of Genevieve and Christian after reading the Summer House Party regency romance where their story began, but when I read the summary - I was devastated! I could not figure out why she married that awful Wickburgh instead of Christian. Her whole story slowly unfolds in this tale of intrigue, betrayal, loyalty, and love.
Christian rescues a woman from the river into which she jumped, only to find out she is the one that broke his heart the yea
GG
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Much darker then first 2 in series. Christian had me completely fooled. Still a very good HEA.
Debbie
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this story about Christian and Genevieve. It was interesting to find out how they separated and then found each other again.
Alysia
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love these Amesbury boys. Love how they pull together in this book. Especially Grant and Christian. I was a little disappointed in the kissing scenes while Genevieve was still married...that just bothered me on principle. The characters are endearing, and I am not sure what the next one is about, but I want to go get it...(I'm hoping it's about Grant...he needs a good woman :)
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy books by Donna Hatch. This has been a fun series so far with these Amesbury brothers, each with their own demons to battle. Donna’s characters always have personality oozing from them. It’s so easy to get caught up in the story and feel like you know these characters. The great thing about a series involving family is that the characters never really go away even if the books are not centered on them. They make those appearances (as families often do) and it feels good to still ha ...more
A Million Books
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
MORE ON : http://athousandwordsamillionbooks.bl...

Historical romances are pretty much my favorite (type of romances) especially the ones that get it all right- from the rather formal language, to the courting and the calling upon and the mannerisms. You get the picture, right? Well, A Perfect Secret lived up to all of it!

First loves though powerful and utterly magical, have the potential to leave you scarred. Haunted. Scared to put yourself out there once again. Which is exactly what Hatch depi
Elizabeth
Jun 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Melissa
This was a fun 3rd book in this series. I hate to say it but I didn't like the cover, it looks like she is biting his neck, but oh well. This was Christian's story the youngest brother he ended up being my favorite character. It was a sad story that ended up well. It was a romance for adults, but this book is clean. Some kissing, there is references to spouse abuse and a death by shooting. But it is all kept light.
Susanne
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've been looking forward to reading this one for a while, so when I heard that it was finally released, I bought it and started reading right away. It was a great story, although probably my least favorite out of the three books in the series... The subject matter was a bit more serious than the previous two books. But still really enjoyed reading it and loved hearing Christian's story! Donna Hatch is a great author ad I flew through this one! Didn't want to stop reading!!
Margaret Larsen Turley
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Perfect Secret is the third Regency Romance in The Rogue Hearts Series by Donna Hatch. Christian is the youngest Amesbury brother whose struggles melted my heart. I cheered him on as the perfect hero who rescues the damsel in distress while conquering his personal dragons. This narrative weaves in the rest of the family introduced in previous stories and entices me to want to know more about the fourth and darkest brother. A Perfect Secret is a very satisfying read.
Jacque
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
This story was intense. You read about the youngest Amesbury brother. How he loses Genevieve to the abusive Lord Wickburgh, to rescuing her from the river. The journey back to each other and finding out what separated them in the first place and why! What I enjoyed most about this story is how the Amesbury brothers came together! When Christian needed help, he didn't have to ask, they were there!
Haley
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. I have been waiting a long time for the next installment of this series. The waiting was worth it. Hopefully the wait won't be so long for the next one. I love the new covers for the first two and would love for them to be available for the novels- not just the ebooks.
Canda
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first (The Stranger She Married) and the second (The Guise of a Gentleman) books in this series and was very excited to get this one. It did not disappoint! Loved it. There is still another brother in this family and I hope he gets a book too. I'll be looking for it.
Chesney
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Love this series. It has action, betrayal, romance, an evil man, and a cute hero. Just look at the cover! I could not like her others in this series put it down!
Julianna
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Sweet Historical Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
It's been three and a half years since Donna Hatch last released a full-length historical romance, and during that time, I've been eagerly awaiting the next installment in her Rogue Hearts series. Now that I've finally read A Perfect Secret, I can say unequivocally that it was worth the wait. Ms. Hatch definitely has a way with writing sweet romances that are utterly swoon-worthy, and she has a talent for conveying volumes of meaning in a simple look or touch. Every time
Maria Thomas
Rounding up from 3.5 stars.

If you want to read the sweet part of Christian and Genevieve's love story you have to read the prequel novella A Perfect Match in the book Summer House Party (Timeless Regency Collection). This book starts as they are about to be officially engaged only to have all their plans ruined by the evil Lord Wickburgh. The whole of the book until the very end is the angst and horror of getting away from him. So, even though we get a HEA ending, not much of the story is about
Donna Weaver
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WHAT IT'S ABOUT
Desperate to protect her father from trial and death, Genevieve breaks off her engagement with Christian Amesbury and marries a blackmailer. After a year of marriage, she flees her husband's violent domination only to have fate bring her back to Christian. Just when she thinks she's started a new life of safety and solitude, her husband tracks her down, stalks her, and threatens everyone she loves.

Still brokenhearted over Genevieve's betrayal a year ago, Christian can't believe sh
Pam
Oct 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-regency
"Perfectly perfect Christian" turns out to be much different from how I characterized him when reading the first two books of this series. I expected Christian Amesbury to have honor, compassion, artistic talent, self control, protective instincts and bravery. But also to embody vulnerability, commitment to self-sacrifice for family and loved ones, somewhat reckless risk-taking, and stubbornness in bearing guilt for a brother's death do seem to make him sort of perfect hero material. No wonder h ...more
Carole Rae
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
At the end of book 2 I was curious about Christian who is the youngest son of the Amebury family. I wanted to understand him more so I was excited the very next book was about him.

The story follows Genevieve and Christian. The two had been in love, but in order to save her father Genevieve marries another. This breaks Christian's heart of course. A year goes by and Genevieve can no longer handle her husband's violent domination and evil ways, so she escapes. Her escape lands her back to Christi
Carly Hales
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The reviews made me think this book wouldn't be so great, but after loving The Guise of a Gentleman so much I just had to find out what happened to Christian. I actually liked it a lot more than I thought. I was pretty nervous to see that domestic abuse was the main conflict/villain/everything bad, but I appreciated that the author didn't give too many details. Also I felt like the emotions of the main characters were believable but not too depressing- although I hated when Christian got drunk. ...more
Vickie
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I adore the Amesbury siblings. I love the way they always have each other's backs. Even when they have their own problems, they are always there for the others.
This story has so much excitement, mystery, heartache, love and passion. it is another great story. It is the story of Christian. All he has gone through in his life and his hardships.
The story flows well from chapter to chapter and is easy to follow along.
The book cover and title are a perfect match for the story.
I highly recommend this
Amy
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Perfect Match, the third book from Donna Hatch’s Rogue Hearts series, is an exciting addition to the series. I enjoyed Genevieve and Christian’s story. The suspense kept me on the edge of my seat and I had to keep reading on until I finished the whole book.

I am giving A Perfect Match five stars. I am looking forward to the fourth installment from the Rogue Hearts series. Readers who enjoy clean historical romance will love this one.
I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100%
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 13, 2015 08:41AM

• Duke of Knight (Gentlemen of Knights, #1)
  • Black Knight (Gentlemen of Knights, #2)
  • Romancing the Rake (Brotherhood of the Black Tartan #2)
  • Knight and Day (Gentlemen of Knights Book 3)
  • The Last Eligible Bachelor  (Seasons of Change Book, #3)
  • Forget Me Not (The Gents #1)
  • Suffering the Scot (Brotherhood of the Black Tartan #1)
  • A Regrettable Proposal
  • Married to the Marquess (Arrangements, #2)
  • Secrets of a Spinster (Arrangements, #3)
  • The Road Through Rushbury (Seasons of Change, #1)
  • The Gentleman Physician (Branches of Love #2)
  • The Dangers of Doing Good (Arrangements, #4)
  • A Well-Trained Lady (Seasons of Change, #4)
  • Loving a Lady (Brotherhood of the Black Tartan #3)
  • The Reluctant Guardian  (Regency Brides: A Promise of Love #2)
  • Abandoned to the Prodigal (Season of Scandal Book 2)
  • The Burdens of a Bachelor (Arrangements, #5)
Multi-award-winning author of more than twenty best-selling Regency Historical Romances, Donna Hatch is a hopeful romantic and an adventurer at heart. Each book she writes is filled with wit and heart and plenty of swoon-worthy romance. Donna sings, plays the harp, and loves to ballroom dance. Her family, including six children and two cats, recently left their native Arizona for the Pacific coast ...more

Rogue Hearts (6 books)
  • The Stranger She Married (Rogue Hearts, #1)
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • The Suspect's Daughter  (Rogue Hearts #4)
  • Unmasking the Duke (Rogue Hearts, #5)
  • Not a Fine Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #6)

News & Interviews