Start by marking “Shadow of Sin (The Martin Family, Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Shadow of Sin (The Martin Family, Book 2)

Shadow of Sin

(The Martin Family #2)

A man determined to protect her…

Caleb Martin is no stranger to hazardous situations. He's seen enough bloodshed to last two lifetimes. When an innocent evening takes a dangerous turn, Caleb takes matters into his own hands. If she wants his help, it’s his rules, his way. Period.

A woman who won’t be controlled…

When it comes to relationships, Samantha keeps things casual, u
Published November 4th 2013 by Parker Kincade (first published October 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Shadow of Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow of Sin

The BookChick
My Rating: ★★★★
VERY GOOD: The characteristics of a 4 star book include: a great story; I loved the characters; and there was an interesting plot and unique story elements; there may have been a few odd things kept the story from being amazing. I would read it again and I would recommend it to a friend.
A copy of this book was provided by the author for an honest review.

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed Parker Kincade's introduction to the Martin family in One Night Stand. She introduces the entire family and
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I Voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

Since I read the first book, I really wanted to read Caleb's story! Caleb is a ex-military hot alpha male. But that is all. He is barely keeping his life together and he will do whatever it takes to keep Samantha Safe. Samantha is being stalked and threatened by one of her clients husbands, so Caleb steps in. Of course he is just doing this because Samantha is his sisters best friend, or that's what he is telling himself.
And it doesn't help him that the
Rosanna Leo
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are few things I like more than living in the world of Parker Kincade's Martin family. With her first book, One Night Stand, I fell in love with elder brother Caleb, and longed for the day he'd get his own book. Well, that day has come, and I have just loved his story. Caleb is a true Alpha male, uncompromising and opinionated...and oh so sexy. Faced with the issue of keeping heroine Samantha safe, you just know this former military man will do anything it takes to keep his woman safe. And ...more
Cynthia
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For me this was a page turner the suspense had me on the edge of my seat just waiting to see how it worked out. I love the characters with the alpha male and the women who wasn’t giving up control. The steamy in this will steam up your glass it really was a great read. Caleb will protect until his dying day, Samantha will not give control to another man. I loved how these two butts heads, the attraction, the romance and the sparks that keep flying. Both have something they are running from they ...more
Stina Andersen
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shadow of Sin, book 2 in the Martin Family series, by Parker Kincade.
It's well written and has a great storyline. The character Caleb Martin and Samantha has lots of chemistry.

The suspense kept me on the edge of my seat. And the push and pull relationship between Caleb and Samantha kept me wanting more!

Caleb, the ultimate alpha male with his "my way or the highway". But oh, so gentle!
Samantha, the sassy and feisty redheaded woman.

I thank the author for providing a copy to voluntarily review.
Sherry Haynes
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to start by saying I recommend this series in order. Don't get me wrong. This could be read as a standalone but without reading the first book One Night Stand you won't be able to understand the horsemen comments etc.

That being said: I described this book to a friend as a mishmash of best friend's brother, enemies to lovers and a splash of denial of feelings. Add a few bad guys and you have a romantic suspense book that has a twist you won't see coming.

Looking forward to seeing what's nex
Esther Alayeto
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING story! Great storyline that is incredibly written and developed, flows flawlessly. Caleb and Samantha are wonderful characters with lots of chemistry that they can't deny. When Caleb insists that Samantha stay with him so he can protect her from her stalker, the attraction sizzles and sparks fly! You have to one click this book to find out what happens, it is sensational!
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
LaGina
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you get your hands on a book you want something that will keep your attention a page turner so to speak and with this book.....you get that and MORE! This story has just about everything a reader would want to keep them swiping left till there is no more swipe left to do. I mean the suspense was off the chain and the action with some steamy love between an alpha male and a female thats a fighter and you got one heck of a story.
Michele Del Rey
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My goodness, this book had it all. Lust, suspense and love. I really liked how the author described the suspense as well as the attraction they both were feeling. Caleb and Samantha were both fighting a losing battle because the chemistry was there big-time. Really enjoyed this book.
Andrea Berner
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One book I hated to put down

Great characters, great plot..mystery, murder and romance all in there. It catches you up and holds your attention. I've read Amanda and Joe's story now Samantha and Camel's and I'm hungry for more. They are brilliant. Thank you
Eva
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've not read many of this authors books but I did enjoy this story great characters and storyline well written I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book.
Sofia Grey
Book review – Shadow of Sin, Martin Family #2 (Parker Kincade)

5 glorious, glowing, sexy stars :-)

I absolutely adored the first book in this series (One Night Stand) and eagerly awaited the follow up. There was that anxious moment when I picked it up to read. Would I be disappointed? Would it be as good as its predecessor?

Well, the answers were No and No. I wasn’t disappointed because it was even better than One Night Stand * happy smile *

The first in the series focused on Amanda and her one-nig
Denise H
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military-romance
I received an Advanced Reader’s Copy in exchange for my honest review.

Fantastic book full of everything you need to hold your interest and keep you wanting more. The suspense alone is enough to keep you turning the pages but throw in the action, steamy romance and a strong alpha male and female fighting for survival, as well as love and family and you cannot go wrong with this story. Caleb is the epitome of dominate alpha male determined to protect those he loves from harm. Haunted by his person
Liz at Fictional Candy
I was very excited to get back into Parker Kincade’s world of The Martins. I read the first book, One Night Stand, in 2012 and it was seriously hot. So naturally the bar was set very high for Shadow Of Sin. And it most definitely succeeded. Here is the story of Caleb and Sam.

Caleb and Sam have a kind of love hate relationship. They love to hate each other. Well, that’s what they try to make everyone – including themselves – believe. This is a definite recipe for sparks and red hot sexy scenes.
Ela Is
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esse livro quase ganhou 5 estrelas.

Eu adorei a Sam e o Cay no primeiro livro, e adorei ainda mais eles nesse livro, só deles.

A Sam é uma mocinha que não tem como não gostar dela. Independente, dona de si, respondona, confiante, forte e a lista só segue. Assim, era óbvio que ela teria atrito com Caleb, já que a coisa que ele mais gosta de fazer é mandar nos outros.

Caleb tem um passada que atormenta sua tranquilidade mental, fazendo com que ele se esforce 100% em proteger as pessoas que ele ama.
Sparkymom
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nice suspense

I first encountered this author and this series in the Sweet Dreams compilation. I enjoyed the first Martin novel so much that I added the author to my favorites and looked for more. I was excited when I found this story. Caleb seemed like the scariest of the three horsemen of the apocalypse ( as the brothers' sister and Samantha dubbed them). Samantha want scarred of Caleb at all. She gave as good as she got and never backed down. When Samantha's stalker steps up his game with an o
Lustful Literature
**DEBBIE’S REVIEW**

Absolutely loved this book!

Where to begin…You have Caleb Martin an Ex-Marine, Alpha male basically sex on a stick and you have Samantha long time family friend. She is feisty and doesn’t hold back from telling Caleb like it is. The chemistry between these two is off the charts HOT!!!!! Both have pasts that haunt them and when they get together they are EXPLOSIVE!!!!!

The story is steamy but also is a mystery with twists and turns in the plot. The story starts off with Caleb ge
Drue DePompei-Hoffman
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh this book just totally cemented this series for me. Caleb and Sam are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Caleb is one controlling, bossy prick, with a big heart, nearly everything he does, he does is to help those he loves, and he loves Samantha, his sisters best friend, he just doesn't realize it yet.

Samantha is one independent determined firecracker, I LOVE HER TO DEATH. She doesn’t take any shit, especially from her best friends older brother.

But circumstance put Caleb and Samantha in closer quarters than the
Rhonda
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first book in this series had me up until late into the night. I started this one early enough that I was able to finish it before bedtime. I still couldn’t put it down. The heat between the hero and heroine literally burns the pages. These two had chemistry that they had no idea what to do with. They constantly bumped heads instead of relieving the sexual tension at first.

Caleb is a good guy with a hard past. Most military men have a past they would love to forget and he is no exception. H
April
This is the second book in the series and just as smexy as the last. I really liked Sam in the first book and hoped she would get one of the brothers!! Caleb is yummy and a perfect match for her!!

The steamy action is, oh damn, yeah that hot!! Leave the panties off cause you will only have to change them later!!

These two are one of those couple who fight to make-up, you can tell they have that whole dynamic. I loved their banter!!

This book is a little better fleshed out than the last one was. We
Stevie
This was pretty good, and so far my favorite of this author's. I like the conflict between the main characters and in typical romance fashion how it flips from annoyance to attraction. Characters were equally strong willed and bullheaded, but definitely fall in line as the story progresses. A lot of friction made it interesting enough, but it wasn't over done. I like the past characters still have an active roll and maintain personalities. Still could have been a little less cliche, but thankful ...more
❃ Brandy ❃
I haven't really been in a review writing mood, lately - I've got a lot of catching up to do - but I feel that this book deserves a little something. Book 1 was recommended to me by a friend & I've been hooked ever since. The heros are dominant & sexy as hell; the heroines have personalities... I actually enjoy reading them as opposed to wanting to strangle them throughout the entire book & the storylines make you want to keep turning the pages to find out what happens next. I defini ...more
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I will admit that my low rating could possibly be from reading this book out of order. But I think it more likely that I just didn't like any of the characters. You have this super "close" family that don't seem to really know each other and you have Sam who becomes a slut to avoid being controlled by men. There was a little bit of excitement and some mystery but I could have done without most of the character interaction. Again, maybe I missed development of these relationships by not reading t ...more
Kkumar
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book! I had a good feeling that Caleb and Samantha were going to end up together in 'One Night Stand!' And I'm very happy that they did. I love how Caleb and Samantha balance each other out, and they know how to keep each other in check. I also love how Caleb is so determined to protect Samantha, even though Samantha insists that she can handle herself. Overall, I really enjoyed this book! I would totally read it again!!!
Angie
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Caleb and Sam liked to antagonize each other to hide their true feelings. I enjoyed the story and was totally surprised at how the whole stalker thing ended. Caleb was so great trying to protect Sam and Sam was so sweet when she finally opened up to Caleb. I couldn't put this book down and was glad that no one was around to bother me so I could read it. I am so glad that I have found Parker's books they are awesome!!
Pamela
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
My review for book 1 also applies to book 2 except the H/h are both temperamental and stubborn.
Rachael
Nov 14, 2013
Julie
Mar 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Seeing The Love (Love in Wellington #2)
  • The Dreams You Made in the Dirt
  • Just a Feeling
  • Josh's Justice (Bad in Boots, #4)
  • Blind Passion (Wyatt Brothers, #1)
  • Temptress (Manhattan Ten, #1)
  • Raphael (Secrets and Sins, #3)
  • Cry of the Pride (Awakening Pride, #9)
  • Deadly Illusions (Hardy Brothers Security #3)
  • Circle (Roads, #3)
  • Liam: Branded Brothers
  • The Hunt 2
  • Predator's Refuge (Gemini Island Shifters, #3)
  • Heartstrings (Singing to the Heart book #1)
  • Alpha's Strength (Fallen Alpha, #1)
  • Roll Against Trust
  • Full Ride (Ghost Unit, #1)
  • An American Homo in Paris
USA Today Bestselling Author, Parker Kincade, writes edge-of-your-seat-sexy romantic suspense, hot and steamy sports romance, and erotic western romance. Her first novel, One Night Stand, won the 2013 Reader’s Crown Award for Best First Book, the category of Best Erotic Romance in the Celtic Hearts Romance Writers Golden Claddagh contest, and was named finalist in the Romance Writers of America/Pa ...more

The Martin Family (4 books)
  • One Night Stand (The Martin Family, #1)
  • No Control (The Omega Team; The Martin Family #3)
  • Tempting Montana (Brotherhood Protectors; The Martin Family #4)