Start by marking “Deception (Sisters by Choice #1)” as Want to Read:
Deception (Sisters by Choice #1)

Deception

(Sisters by Choice #1)

Twins are supposed to have an unbreakable bond, but Patti and Jamie have serious relationship issues. They haven't spoken since Jamie ruined Patti's upcoming nuptials years ago. When a niece she knows nothing about telephones, Patti must unravel the yarn of Jamie's life and her mysterious disappearance. Detective Carter Caldwell takes his job seriously, and it's his job to ...more
Published December 30th 2011 by Harbourlight Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deception

Anna Hurtt
Jul 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Took me a while to get into the story, but I loved the ending, so to me, it was worth it. The “identical twin masquerading as her sister” concept was interesting to watch unfold. The suspense was tight and the story was solid.
Joanie Bruce
Ms. Duncan is definitely a great story teller. I loved reading this book, and when I had to put it down because of responsibilities, I couldn't wait to get back to reading.

I loved the way the characters interacted together throughout the book. Patti was spunky and faithful to her twin sister, Jamie, even though they had not spoken for several years. The love and concern Patti showed her sister’s little girl, Sabrina, whom she knew nothing about, was evident and touching.

My favorite thing about
Carol
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Deception, is the first book I have read by Lillian Duncan. It is full of non-stop action, danger and suspense with a little romance included. A missing sister and an unknown niece start the adventure. Can Patti discover what is going on? Great plot and characters. Will definitely look for more books by Ms. Duncan.

I received this book from NetGalley and all opinions are my own.
Dianne H Gamble
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keeps you going!

This is action packed from start to end...shows you can have a murder, terrorist, evil and just clean read by this Christian Author! Can’t wait to start on Betrayed....dhg
Mary Jane
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good mystery.

This is my first book by this author and found it a good read. Interesting characters and lots of action. I am sure I will be racing more of her books in the near future.
Kathryn Spurgeon
A great read

I really enjoyed this book - the characters, the plot, and the suspense. Well written. Thank you for writing it.
Nike Chillemi
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Patti Jakowski’s life is super boring, until she gets a phone call from a terrified four-year-old claiming to be her niece. Although Patti feels for the little girl, she believes the claim is preposterous. She hasn’t seen her twin sister in years, but even so, she feels that if she had a niece she would’ve known about it. So, the child must be mistaken. The author’s skill comes through at the outset, as this phone call between Patti and the frightened child is both tender and heartwarming, but a ...more
Marianne
i love reading about twins...they have a close bond that most of us have never experienced.  Jamie and Patti are identical twins, which makes them even more unique.  From the very first scene where a phone call introduces an unheard of niece to Patti - right to the epilogue, Lillian drew me into the novel of suspense and intrigue. The imagery she uses as Patti slips into heart stopping situations puts the reader right there.
Patti is a strong individual (and sad to say, I can see myself in this
Heidi
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A mysterious phone call from a little girl sends Patti Jakowski packing and on a flight out of town. Soon after, with the help of a friendly cop, Patti sets out to find her missing twin sister. A dangerous game of deception ensues.

Deception truly is the perfect title for this fast-paced romantic suspense novel written by Lillian Duncan and published by Harbourlight Books. A quick read, it was hard to put the book down.

Lillian did a good job of describing the scenes, and there were several sett
SirenBookReviews
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a suspenseful and sweet story that I couldn't put down. I'm always drawn to a book that involves twins, especially if one is in trouble. Deception didn't disappoint. Right from the get go I was drawn into the plot. Patti makes for a strong heroine. She has to face her past, and also find her sister.

Lillian Duncan is an author to watch. She spins tales of mystery and drama with characters that you can relate to. They are believable and bring the pages to life with the dialogue and action
Sharon
Jun 15, 2014 rated it liked it
This book is easy to read in a few hours. It is a well written Suspense with a hint of Romance woven in, too. I really liked the poem Patti found in her twin sister's journal titled "The Master Gardener."
Terry Conrad
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
good for a short suspense book.
Lisa H.
Jerrye Bell
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Deception by Lillian Duncan

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Lillian Duncan begins her Sisters by Choice series with a story that will have readers holding their breathe and wishing the story lasted longer.

I started this series out of order as I was offered the second book in the series to review before this one but other than discovering more about another character in the later pages of this story it didn’t matt
Ray
May 02, 2018
Norma Grzesiowski
Jun 14, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Lillian lives in a small town in Ohio with her husband. She writes the type of books she loves to read--mystery and suspense with a touch or two of romance!

Sisters by Choice (3 books)
  • Betrayed (Sisters by Choice #2)
  • Redemption (Sisters by Choice #3)