Start by marking “Straight Up” as Want to Read:
Straight Up

Straight Up

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  218 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Lieutenant Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels hates to fly. She hates the cramped leg room and the recycled air. She also hates the fact that she can't get a decent drink. The short flight to Florida is a necessary burden to visit her mother, but what escalates it beyond a mere inconvenience is the fact that the pilot is a gun-toting maniac.

Teaming up with an irritable, badly scarr
Published November 5th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Straight Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Straight Up

Abbie
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Actual rating - 3.5

Jack and Sarah were both strong characters, and I liked them both.

This was a pretty good short story. I'll definately have to read some of the other books in the series in the future.
Ken Lindsey
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It`s been a year or so since I read The Peeling and knew that IRW was a name I'd want to read again. Straight Up mixes Konrath`s dark humor and love of action with Wright`s tight dialogue and smooth, believable characters. Absolutely worth the time and money for fans of either author.
Lyndon
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An exciting short episode in the life of Homicide Detective Jacqueline 'Jack' Daniels as she flies to Florida to visit her mother. "Straight Up" (by Iain Rob Wright and Joe Konrath) is a mid-air collision of hi-jacking thrills and gutsy - and humorous - heroism. Jack's exploits continue in "Racked" (by Jude Hardin and Joe Konrath) which takes place soon after our famous lieutenant arrives in Florida. If you enjoy one story, you'll enjoy the other.

The premise of these new series of "Jack Daniels
Granny Moon
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jack and Sarah Meet a Gun Toting Pilot From Hell!

STRAIGHT UP, a short story by J.A. Konrath and Iain Rob Wright They say "Air Travel can be murder". Take a wild flight with "Jack" Daniels and Sarah Stone! What a pair, could not put it down until the very exciting end!
Beverly E. McWhirk
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved It

Jack Daniels stories are always such fun to read. Her one-liners are so good! The other characters in this short story were right on spot -- Sarah, Brandy, Capt. Clive and especially Tom. Very enjoyable. Five stars and my recommendation.
Deborah E Backus
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wow, fun and fast.

Four stars because I smiled at the jokes and hoped all would end well. It was over..didn't see the end coming.
Jeanne
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun

Not the usual jack novel. Very short, funny and read within 20 minutes. Dire situations are rarely taken care of that quickly
Robbie
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually rate short stories 5 stars, but I made an exception with this one.
E. T. Brother
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Racked (Nicholas Colt)
  • The Rising: Deliverance
  • The Wilds
  • Z (The Green Berets, #6)
  • Deep Night
  • Tall Tales with Short Cocks Vol. 3
  • Zippered Flesh 2
  • The Beast Within
  • Predatory Instinct
  • The Gandy Dancer
  • Silence of the Songbirds: How We Are Losing the World's Songbirds and What We Can Do to Save Them
  • The Returns (The Returns, #1)
  • Dane Curse (Black Cape Case Files, #1)
  • Leviathan
  • American Crow (The Missing Series)
  • Mac Walker's Betrayal: The Collection
  • Under the Overtree
  • Spore
JA Konrath is the author of eleven novels in the Jack Daniels thriller series. They do not have to be read in chronologically to be enjoyed, but the order is: Whiskey Sour, Bloody Mary, Rusty Nail, Dirty Martini, Fuzzy Navel, Cherry Bomb, Shaken, Stirred, Rum Runner, Last Call, and White Russian. More coming soon.

Jack Daniels also appears in the novels Dead On My Feet, Dying Breath, Everybody Dies
More about J.A. Konrath
“People, even crazy, evil people, tended to believe they have a good reason for doing what they do. Though some consider religion the opiate of the masses, others use it to further their obsessions, or rationalize their crimes.” 0 likes