Start by marking “The Masnavi I Manavi of Rumi Complete 6 Books” as Want to Read:
The Masnavi I Manavi of Rumi Complete 6 Books

The Masnavi I Manavi of Rumi Complete 6 Books

Also known as THE SPIRITUAL COUPLETS OF MAULANA JALALU-'D-DlN MUHAMMAD RUMI with active Table of Contents for easy Kindle navigation.

The Masnavi, Masnavi-I Ma'navi or Mesnevi (Turkish), also written Mathnawi, Ma'navi, or Mathnavi, is an extensive poem written in Persian by Jalal al-Din Muhammad Rumi, the celebrated Persian Sufi saint and poet. It is one of the best known a
Published May 16th 2011 by OrangeSky Project (first published 1273)

To ask other readers questions about The Masnavi I Manavi of Rumi Complete 6 Books, please sign up.
معتز عناني Before answering your question ,

I should mention some points

Before answering your question ,

I should mention some points

1. Islamic history was written and recorded according to a Lunar Calendar which is 348 to 360 days. And it changes from one year to another , an average of 354 days.

2. That Islamic calendar is called Hijry ( = Immigration ) , because it began at the time when Prophet Mohamed peace be upon him , immigrated from Mecca to Yethreb ( the old name ) and the city changed its name to El-Medina ( literal translation is The City ) due to the new civilization that began to spread from that small city at that time after writing the new constitution of the new city combining Muslims , Jews and few atheists.

3. Since the immigration of Prophet Mohamed & his companions to the new city , Muslims got more strength , and the torture that was faced by Muslims in Mecca become to decline, although a lot of wars broke out between the old regime ruled by Mecca rulers and the new city , El-Madina.

4. The Solar Calendar is 365.25 days , which makes a difference of around 12 days between the solar and lunar calendar. In other words for every 33 Solar Years = 34 Lunar Years

5. Year 1 Hijry= the Immigration
Year 1437 Hijry = 2015/2016 AD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generally speaking :

The Islamic history began around 1437 Hijry Years ago with the Immigration ( 1394 Solar Years Ago = 621 AD)

or

The Islamic history began around 1449 Hijry Years ago with the beginning of the Revelation on Prophet Mohamed peace be upon him ( 1406 Solar Years ago = 609 AD)

* I hope it is a full answer(less)

Ahmad Sharabiani
Masnavi I Ma'navi: The Spiritual Couplets of Maulana Jalalu-'D'din Muhammad Rumi
Ahmad Sharabiani
Masnavi I Ma'navi: The Spiritual Couplets, Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi
The Masnavi, or Masnavi-i Ma'navi, also written Mesnevi, Mathnawi, or Mathnavi, is an extensive poem written in Persian by Jalal al-Din Muhammad Balkhi also known as Rumi, the celebrated Persian Sufi poet. It is one of the best known and most influential works of Sufism. The Masnavi is a series of six books of poetry that together amount to around 25,000 verses or 50,000 lines. It is a spiritual text that teaches Sufis how to rea
Dean Isensee
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This the most wonderful teaching collection of mystical life every created. Rumi has become the most widely read poet of the past century yet not many realize the true depths of his experience as a mystic. There are so many levels of all that exists in the Mathnawi. It is not just a book but a journey.
Erfaan Kheirandish
The content of this book is beyond one phase of of life of any reader. It's one of the most doable manual for life, though its fame may tell otherwise. It's a must read for anybody in any age.
Daniel Abdal-Hayy Moore
Again, a refreshing actually translated version of Rumi's magisterial work, the Mathnawi, which is giving me the same frisson I got from reading the Victorian Nicholson translations in the 1970s when I was just a tad. This and Mojaddedi's versified version are what we need now... and it's nourishment supreme.
Andrew Weiler
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A look into the spiritual side of Islam, showing the love not what is currently being served up in many places
Yasser Fikry
Sep 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Greatest book (after Qur'an and al-hadits) and thousand poeltry inside. Many people think and called this book "koran from Persian". Good to read, so joyful any heart of us
Matteen
Jun 01, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The masnavi is one of the greeatest books I have ever read. The translation is abridged and leaves out some of the very interesting stories. Nonetheless it is a good translation.
Ali Nazari
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ay qaowm-e ba hajj rafta kujaa-aid kujaa-aid
oh community of pilgrims (Hajis)! where are you? where are you ?

ma'shooq hameenjaast beyaa-aid beeyaa-aid
the beloved one is here. come over. come over
(listen-up listen up).

ma'shooq-e tu hamsaaya-e deewaar ba deewaar
like a wall to wall neighbor; your beloved is close by

dar baadeeyya sargashta shumaa dar chee hawaa-aid?
what is it that you're wishing for; by wandering the deserts ?

ay qaowm-e ba hajj rafta kujaa-aid kujaa-aid
oh community of pilgrims (Haj
Joseph Mccaleb
This ISBN (8174351582) goes with Reynold A. Nicholson's translation, 1925, published by Adam Publishers & Distributors, New Delhi. My copy of the 5 volume set is the 3rd edition, 2003 (first published by Adam Pub. in 1930). I've now read through the first volume, containing book 1 and 2 of the Mathnawi. The Nicholson translation in this edition is much more complete than the Winfield translations. Nicholson's commentary, with his introduction to it dated 1936, is in volume 5 of this collecti ...more
Nicole G.
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, 0-atw
The one drawback of reading this edition on the Kindle is that the endnotes are not linked to the passages themselves. It would have been extremely helpful, as Williams' notes are very extensive. The book is beautiful, and has some wonderful stories, but also a lot of allusions that were lost on me as I have not read the Koran. I feel that, if I were more well versed in Islamic writings, I would have gotten more out of this. As it stands, I am glad that I read it and experienced it, if only on t ...more
Ali
The most influential Sufi poem ever written, the six books, Book Two is concerned with the challenges facing the seeker of Sufi enlightenment. In particular it focuses on the struggle against the self, and how to choose the right companions in order to progress along the mystical path. By interweaving amusing stories and profound homilies, Rumi instructs his readers in a style that still speaks directly to them.

در مورد شعر
Tariq Mahmood
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sufi
Simply the best translation of Rumi's first Masnavi in English ever. Must for all poetry lovers. I have both the written book and the narration in audible.co.uk. I have listened to this book for the fourth time. It is book with both aspects of life, good and the bad. Only you cannot take any sides as both seem to swap sides much like the capricious life in itself. Definitely the listening experience tops the reading one, so download and listen away.
Gela Tevzadze
May 28, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: orclassics
The most comprehensive literary piece on Sufi mysticism, the Whinfield translation is widely acknowledged as the best so far. A great "introductory course" before tackling scholarly articles on Sufism (i.e., "Fundamentals of Rumi's Thought" by Sefik Can, ISBN: 1932099794), and immensely enjoyable to read!

Also available on www.omphaloskepsis.com/ebooks
Alireza
Apr 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry-prose
The celebrated Persian Sufi saint and poet, is one of the best known and most influential works of both Sufism and Persian literature;
It is considered by some to be the most important work of Muslim literature other than the Quran.
Najibullah Amir
Nov 13, 2009 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
i learned - what this world means,, and i knew the Great ALLAH & ALLAH's PROPHET (SAW) but this book has drove me to know compeletly the GREAT ALLAH AND ALLAH"S PROPHET (SAW)
i prefer to every muslim youths to read this great book.
Saman
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Molanaey Ruum! I love to read. Masnavi in Urdu language. Delighted to have it in paperback last night..
syed Ahsan Jamal
wow good books but i am new user so i cant understan the books how to read these books.......... hufffffffff
Gh
I can not have any rating a bout it...
Erik09
Nov 12, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: adults
I read English Version from NIKLSON, Very Attractive
Zee1
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although I can't find the edition I read.. which was translated into Urdu.
Muhammad
Dec 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I learned if we be good god will help us !
Erzan
Apr 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A glorious collection of stories and poem by Rumi.
Zeyna333435
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You really should read this awesome book! The stories are so meaningful and when you read it ,you have so many different ideas and perspectives.
Fatma Ferah
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is my holly book.
MD KHALID
Feb 08, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too deep to understand. I left this book after reading few pages of volume 1.
Ahmad
Mar 19, 2008 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
mawala was one of the famous poetry of country
i love his poem so much
i have more information about this honorable person i will add it next time
Ayesha Khan
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Masnavi manavi is a great book of maulana rumi.I have read it almost 3 times.
PaҰaM
Sep 25, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
A masterpiece,the complete works of Molana which is mostly about Sufi mystisicm.
Novanka Raja
Mar 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religious
This books is awesome! Thanks, Guru!
booksmasnavi2 1 3 Oct 21, 2017 10:21AM

• سیاه‌ مشق
  • گلشن راز
  • دیوان اشعار پروین اعتصامی
  • در کوچه باغ های نشابور
Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī - also known as Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Balkhī, Mevlânâ/Mawlānā (مولانا, "our master"), Mevlevî/Mawlawī (مولوی, "my master") and more popularly simply as Rumi - was a 13th-century Persian poet, jurist, Islamic scholar, theologian and Sufi mystic who lived in Konya, a city of Ottoman Empire (Today's Turkey). His poems have been widely translated into many of the world's lan ...more
“Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.” 2887 likes
“Two there are who are never satisfied -- the lover of the world and the lover of knowledge.” 1090 likes