Start by marking “The One Sentence Persuasion Course - 27 Words to Make the World Do Your Bidding” as Want to Read:
The One Sentence Persuasion Course - 27 Words to Make the World Do Your Bidding

The One Sentence Persuasion Course - 27 Words to Make the World Do Your Bidding

Note: This is the UPDATED and EXPANDED version of The One Sentence Persuasion Course - NOT the free version that was initially released in 2005. The original material was updated and expanded several years later and re-released as a commercial mp3 product. This Kindle version contains all the material from the mp3 and is the only place you will find the expanded version in

Published December 18th 2013 by Blair Warren (first published November 19th 2012)

Start your review of The One Sentence Persuasion Course - 27 Words to Make the World Do Your Bidding
Rhett Reisman
Simple and effective

A great introduction to persuasion, this course provides a simple framework to follow to improve your persuasive abilities, even for the uninitiated.
Frank
Mar 30, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: socializing
What a waste of 10 minutes.
Bálint
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant. I wish all the non-fiction books were to the point like this. Even though it's short, it's packed with the essentials, really helping to understand the big picture. Short book, but I managed to overhighlight and my kindle truncated them. It's that good.
Jonathan SmythSchummer
Worth what put into it

It’s tempting to write his 27 words, but that wouldn’t fascinate you in the way this short, helpful and enjoyable gem will.

Argawal
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
it was weak... but for a beginner in the subject matter it should be an okay start. the author talked towards the beginning about how The Secret became a success and the persuasive marketing they used.
Brian  Ambrosini
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Quick, easy, powerful read. Nothing majorly new but interesting new perspective.
Review Read
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing

One Sentence Persuasion”. “Really?” Can somebody be persuaded in one sentence? The following line reads: “27 words that can make the world do your bidding”. Again, the same question banged my head, “Really?” What rubbish is this?. I pick it up from the shelf and again, “Really?” just 51 pages? Why this book is so hyped in persuasion teachings?
What are these “27 words” that can persuade anyone? And what is that “One sentence”?

In the introduction, the writer
Isaac Butterworth
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Brief Book with Lasting Effect

I read this book in less than half an hour. It is brief—no doubt about that! But it is also highly instructive. The author, Blair Warren, provides in one sentence the five principles that will empower the reader to gain influence with others. I have to admit that, when I first read through the five principles, I resisted them a bit. But, as I thought more about them, I came to see that I could embrace them with a degree of qualification. Even Warren has a section
Tyson
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read a lot on this topic over the years, and only a handful of things have stuck with me and continue to ring true with real impact. This would be one of them-- deceptively simple and to the point, I appreciate his economy of words to distill his ideas down to something easily applied day to day. Using this sentence, It's easy to think back to an encounter with someone where you walked away feeling that they weren't "good" or "heard you out" or "on your side" and draw a line between the con ...more
jayrt
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
quick, easily digestable read. provides you with a key to lubricating the minds of listeners. illuminates the most common misconception about persuation, which, to my mind, are epitomized by most pudits and all political team players, e.g. shapiro, cuomo, owens, etc. and finally, rounds out his points by acknowledging the "if we can't ~, then ~." for example, "if we can’t encourage a specific dream a person may have, [then] we can certainly acknowledge the importance of having such dreams ..." m ...more
Srikantadatta Tagadur
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
The title of the book successfully captured my attention and made me curious to explore more. I quickly got hold of the book and started reading. It’s a quick read and the author has a taken a no nonsense approach and comes straight to the point. I don’t intend to give out any spoilers but the one sentence that the author reveals in the book is indeed has the persuasive potential what he talks about. All in all it’s a quick read and it definitely offers some valuable insights into the art of per ...more
Bonnie
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Insightful quick read

I chose to read this book after the recommendation of several other content marketers. I can see now why it is referenced so often.

This book is a quick read with many nuggets of insightful, quotable knowledge. It is the backbone of successful content marketing today.
Christopher J Finlayson
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simple but thought provoking

It’s rare to find such a short book that seems like it will be so impactful. The author urges us to forget our motivations and instead validate the dreams and assuage the fears of others. Validate and fascinate and people will follow you. I look forward to experimenting with this approach to see if it’s true.
Grant Merriel
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gold Nuggets through-out

Definitely an interesting read, coming straight form the 16 word sales letter by Evaldo Albuquerque, it adding additional value over and above a similar set of known structures. Recommended read for any copywriters or those wanting to build rapport with others.
R
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: psychology
While I intuitively agree with the 'one sentence', Warren doesn't provide any scientific research to back his claim. It may be sufficient from a common sense perspective, but it is not academically rigorous enough to apply in real life.

He is however, a very good writer.
Miles
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall good, but not 5 Stars

Some interesting ideas with good explanations overall, but some felt a bit old and tired. Easy to read, and I did tasks a few pages of notes and thoughts. .
Liam
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read the original version years ago, and this version is....

Great book!

There are some good example in this book of the strategies in action, especially the film “The Secret” was excellent example.

If you into marketing, persuasion or psychology you should get this book.
Jim Withers
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best Book on persuasion ever

I have read volumes on the art of persuasion. This book condenses that wisdom on a simple to understand system. This can be applied immediately. Love this little book. I read it often.
Alex Wong
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short and useful

The one sentence is really 5 points, and I like how succinct it is. It’s simplicity makes it an easy framework to follow and implement. Now all that’s left is to put it to practice.
Corey Scott
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good Read

This was a good read with some great insights on human behavior and how to bend said behavior towards your goals in a positive and supportive way. Very much worth the short time investment.
Pranav
Aug 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the best resources on persuasion.

This book is to the point. Great insights into human nature and psychology of influence & persuasion. Highly recommended read for anyone wanting to understand basic principles that drive human nature.
Brian Beckcom
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good book. Worth the 30 minutes of your time

Don't expect anything other than a very straightforward idea, explained clearly. Worth the price, worth the 30 minutes to read it.
Saurabh Mehta
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One word to describe these 27 words, Brilliant!!
Daniele
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: inspiring
Powerful, compelling and well written message packaged in a book the length that most books should be.
John S Zehr
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Many words does not a worthy book make.

Pithy and insightful. Add it to your core collection. Read it often. Incorporate it into your efforts to communicate and persuade.
Alan Shields
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exactly what it says it is. I dislike the "make the world do your bidding" part - it's much more about addressing what people are actually concerned about.
SilverReader
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eryz Riansyah
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Straight to the point and practical
Russ
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So true

Succinct, relatable and practical. Why spend time and money on something longer. Warren sets you on the way with just 27 words.
Greg Gray
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

To the point without the extra fluff and unnecessary words, short stories or long draw out examples. I wish all books were written like this, excellent job Blair!
« previous 1 3 next »

• The 16-Word Sales Letter™: A proven method of writing multi-million-dollar copy faster than you ever thought possible
  • Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Finding Your Message, Building a Tribe, and Changing the World
  • Loserthink: How Untrained Brains Are Ruining America
  • Scientific Advertising
  • Win Bigly: Persuasion in a World Where Facts Don't Matter
  • Great Leads: The Six Easiest Ways To Start Any Sales Message
  • DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
  • Ogilvy on Advertising
  • The Boron Letters
  • How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life
  • Traffic Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Filling Your Websites and Funnels with Your Dream Customers
  • Copywriting Secrets
  • Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade
  • How to Hypnotise Anyone - Confessions of a Rogue Hypnotist
  • Words that Sell
  • F.U. Money: Make As Much Money As You Want And Live Your Life As You Damn Well Please!
  • Launch: An Internet Millionaire's Secret Formula to Sell Almost Anything Online, Build a Business You Love, and Live the Life of Your Dreams
  • Ca$hvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone