Start by marking “A Hero Scarred (Wounded Soldiers #2)” as Want to Read:
A Hero Scarred (Wounded Soldiers #2)

A Hero Scarred

(Wounded Soldiers #2)

Jessie Tavarez doesn't want to be set up. As far as she's concerned she doesn't even want to talk about men. She's just gotten rid of one jerk and isn't looking for another. But her good friend Kayla is hell-bent on matchmaking. What she thought was a quiet vacation turned into an unexpected first date with a soldier scarred by war. And the first man to make her realize no ...more
Published November 7th 2013 by Latin Goddess Press

To ask other readers questions about A Hero Scarred, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Hero Scarred

Victoria
2.75-3.0 RATING- This was just okay for me. I didn't like as much as the first one, A Hero's Pride. Still, for a very short read (40+ pages), it was okay.
Linda
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone over 18 that loves romance
Shelves: july-2014, ebooks
The only reason I give this ebook a 4 star and not a 5 was because for a story this good it needed to be LONGER! :-) This is the 2nd story in Ms, April's "Wounded Solders" series and it is a BBW (Big, Beautiful Woman) Interracial Romance and it is a short story.

Here is a write-up from Amazon:
Danisha  Wade
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone that likes BBW Romance
Shelves: books-i-own
A Hero Scarred (Wounded Soldiers Book 2) by April Angel aka Milly Taiden
In this story you meet Jessie Kayla’s best friend and Matt who is Ryan’s best friend. Jessie just got out of a terrible relationship and has no desire to date and Matt is a wounded soldier who doesn’t want to date because he doesn’t believe anyone could look at him and like what they see. Kayla decides she is going to be a matchmaker but what will happen when 2 people who don’t want a relationship meet for the first time and
Karen Roma
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What is worse? The physical scars that you bear to the world, or the scars that you carry on your wounded soul?
I loved the first story of this series, but I was swept away by the depth of suffering that this man and woman had endured to come to a point where they both felt betrayed.
An unforgiving war, left physical and emotional wounds that this hero believed would leave him eternally alone, while her tormented heart had been trampled by the person who had sworn to love her forever.
Their coming
Romance Books
May 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebie
A sexy war hero and a curvy woman, both with emotional and physical scars. As they meet, set up by a friend in common, sparks flies.

Great story, fast paced, it will be over and you'll be left wanting more.
Elizabeth
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet read of throwing caution to the wind and realizing everyone has their scars. For these two it's a struggle getting past theirs but when sneakily thrown together they may just have to. I love the women in this collection they're strong and know how to be what these wounded soldiers need.
Helen
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
👍 great series

Read the first two. Both were great stories about the scars left by war. And the women who can see past them. Two thumbs up.
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again another amazing book by this author!
Theresa
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Her invisible scars obliterate his fear of her pity! Brilliant follow-up in the Wounded Soldiers series! This story focuses on Kayla's best friend and office manager (Kayla was the heroine in book #1, A Hero's Pride). Lots of passion, match making, fear, and triumph! And now a bit about the book...

Kayla is bound and determined to make sure everyone is as happy as her and Ryan! When Jessie's divorce finally comes though (2 years after her 1 year of marriage), Kayla is bound and determined to cele
Elizabeth Neal
Nov 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Jessica's friend, Kayla, (remember her) is happily head over heels in love with Ryan and now wants everyone to be the same way. So she talks Jessie into a vacation on the island so she can relax and get away from the craziness that work has been lately and a little celebration now that her divorce from Dan "he's not the man" is final. Psst...Dan is a selfish jerk.

Matt, a friend of Ryan's, is visiting the couple on his own little vacation. Silly Matt really thinks Kayla will let go of her idea to
Sophia
The second book in the series about a man who returned from war scarred and a woman recovering from a nasty divorce with hidden scars. A blind date. Passion. Fear and a need for trust.

The first book disappointed me when it introduced a deep subject and didn't handle it well because it was short and lacking in depth. This one was a little better, but still I encountered the same concerns. Deep subjects and not enough time to develop them. And, a friend who is busy not taking no for an answer and
Nikki
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Hero Scarred by Milly Taiden

Jessie works as an office manager for her friend Kayla, working with children with deformities and terminal illnesses. Ever since Kayla got married, she's been trying to play matchmaker with all of her friends. She convinces Jessie to take a vacation and sets her up with Matt. Matt was honorably discharged from the military after a bombing that left his torso heavily scarred. He is very insecure about his scars and doesn't want any woman to pity him. When Jessie and
Buffy Kennedy
Feb 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I like that the couple from the first book is featured. Kayla’s sass and enthusiasm is both daunting and refreshing all at the same time. I like the new couple as well. Jessie knows emotional scars while Matt knows physical ones and they seem to compliment each other well. They have chemistry and I love their impulsiveness.

However, I felt the story was too short and moved too fast. I like the conflict resolution at the end, I just wanted more from the length of the story so we could see more of
Sandy
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2015

The story is quite good with enough background, character development, and, of course, sex scene.

The whole relationship in the book and interaction between H and h happen within a period of a day or two, so the HFN (Happy for Now) ending seems quite unrealistic. I don't have problem with insta-love, but it would be more realistic if they get to know each other more than just 1 day before promising relationship things. Yes, they have heart to heart talk, but the dialog seems forced and
Carlise
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lovely quick read

Milly listed this book free for Memorial Day weekend and it was a lovely treat. It's sad how much baggage we carry about ourselves in general..add to it, scars, and we can really drown in negative thoughts. This book is a testament to the fact that we all carry scars..some physical, a lot mental. Pick this up to read a snippet of how our soldiers feel when the return broken from battle. We all could stand to look deeper than the skin for a real person.
Larisa Edwards
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful short story

This is a fast paced story full of meaning. Scars, wether physical or emotional can lead to devastation, and be hard to overcome. This story shows how it can be done. Great characters and a great lesson of life and trust. It's hard to believe so much heartache and meaning can be put in such a short story, but Milly has a way with words and emotions. Love this series.
Maria
Mar 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Jessie and Matthew... Not too much there. This was extremely short...too short. The sexy scenes were great, but too short as well. She got a divorce and her friend Kayla wants to set her up for a blind date with one if her husband's Special Forces buddy. Matt is scarred pretty badly from a bomb attack. He fears he will never find a woman who can completely see him for who he really is. No epilogue her either.
Starla
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the dynamics of two people who were both protecting themselves from others for the same overall reason but yet there were some differences. Matt was worried about his physical scaring and Jessie was worried about her emotional scarring. They both are amazing characters and were a smooth match overall from the first meeting. I loved the story line and the characters. I can't wait to read more by this author.
Denise H.
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, very sexy story ! Matt and Jessica, wow! Matt is a returned from war, scarred man. Jessica is scarred inside by her horrible ex. Kayla sets them up for a blind date and the sparks fly. He's fearful of her reaction to his burn scars, and she's not sure she's ready for love again. They talk, kiss, deeply thoughtful characters, interesting tale, and super sexy hotness between the sheets.
ENJOY !!
Jessica Parsons
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great mix of heat, both wounded in different ways and brought together by others. Was a great couple only wish book was longer, it was a great read

Merged review:

Whispers From
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jessie has been hurt before. Her ex cheated and then tried to take all her money. Matt was injured in Afghanistan while a soldier. He has scars on his chest and back. She has scars on the inside. Matt doesn't want to see pity in her eyes and she shows him the scars just make you stronger. Short and sexy.
Yvonne Daniels
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A MUST READ

The story will grab you and you will read until it is finish. Matt and Jessie characters are loveable and the story is very romantic. I would recommend this book to anyone who is in need of a good book to pick their sprite up it is a feel good story that is for romance fans.
Robin Malek
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
2 for 2

Milly has a way with words and characters to make reading her books an absolute pleasure. Wounded soldiers series is just awesome especially since the first 2 books were free! Love you Milly!
Joy
May 06, 2014 rated it liked it

43 pages
Stand alone part of a series

I liked Jessie, she didn't hold back and was a perfect match for Matt and just as passionate. I'm not really into couples who hit the sack right off but what do you expect in 43 pages, it had to move and fast.
Debbie Chittenden
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
A short that is firey, hot, and intense. No doubt that the passion of the scarred hero runs deep. I love that it isn't one sided. Scars don't always have to be superficial. Scars can be deep within ones psyche.
Rebecca Membreño
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very hot!

Both reluctant lead characters due to past physical and mental hurts, Matt and Jessie are brought together by match making Kayla. She is right and their sex is so needy and erotic. Great second book.
Lorrie Moar
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
HAWT, sizzling and down right burning! Gahhhh!! I love Milly's works of art!! Her men and ladies are amazing, scarred with fears of being unworthy but in the end are fearless and willing to take that chance at love and trust. So, so good!!
Tammi
May 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Sexy but disappointing

Disappointed that it was so short and seemed to concentrate on the sex. There is two what seemed to be good stories that could have made into a longer book. I liked the idea of the book but was disappointed in the delivery
Rosa Maria Garcia
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Totally Hot

I enjoy a book that makes me love the characters that I feel I'm part of it. I love this story because you could feel their joy, sorrow, pain, pleasure, and you just wanted more. Just loved it and keep them coming.
N. Kuhn
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: uniform-men
"I received this book free in exchange for an honest review"
This was a wonderful short story. Highly sexy, intensely romantic, these two hurting people find each other and find out that they belong together. It's a great story. You'll definitely be squirming in your seat!

• One E-mail (One Soldier, #2)
  • Naughty Tricks and Sinful Treats
  • Tripped Up (SEALs On Fire, #8)
  • Marine Ever After (Always a Marine, #14)
  • Second Chances (Elite Force #1)
  • Theirs to Share
  • Knight Fall
  • Curve Patrol
  • One Shot (IAD Agency #2)
  • Whatcha Gonna Do With a Cowboy
  • Saint Returns (Thresl Chronicles #6)
  • Wicked Hot Reads
  • Jonesin' For Action (SEALs On Fire #3)
  • Taken by the Christmas Spirits
  • Special Force
  • Black Hawk Tattoo
  • Curves For Him
  • Text Me (Text Me, #1)
AKA Milly Taiden (MT = Paranormal)(AA = Contemporary)

Milly Taiden (aka April Angel) was born in the prettiest part of the Caribbean known as the Dominican Republic. She grew up between New York, Florida and Massachusetts. Currently, she resides in New York City with her husband, bossy young son and their little dog Speedy.

She's addicted to shopping for shoes, chocolate (but who isn't?) and Dunkin

Wounded Soldiers (4 books)
  • A Hero's Pride (Wounded Soldiers #1)
  • A Hero for Sale: Suit Romance (A Wounded Soldier Story)
  • Wounded Soldiers Trilogy
“He grinned. “I am badass.” She made a face. “All I see sitting there whining is a pussy.” 1 likes
“He needed a fresh start with a woman that might not see him like a broken piece of furniture.” 1 likes