Start by marking “The Bleeding (Warren/Bennett/Johnson: New England, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Bleeding (Warren/Bennett/Johnson: New England, #2)

The Bleeding (Warren/Bennett/Johnson: New England, #2)

Mark My Words…
Derek Warren is smooth, charming, and a master manipulator.
But is he a killer?
I swear…
If so, how is the former businessman committing murder from a maximum-security prison cell?
And what, if anything, does he have planned next?
You'll Never See It Coming…
Detective Stephen Bennett is sure he has the answers to these questions.
But
Published October 31st 2013 by Smashwords Edition (first published April 23rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Bleeding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bleeding

Petra
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
My original The Bleeding audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.
The Bleeding pulls you right into the terrific history of the Warren family with a prolog going back to 1978.
To stop any potential readers/listeners from feeling totally confused, I would suggest reading August To Life by Max E. Stone , a 76-page story, prior to listening to the Bleeding. The Bleeding is the continuation of the family saga involving the Warrens, Johnsons, and Bennetts. The short prequel introduces the numerous family members and provides
Elle Klass
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Bleeding by Max E. Stone is a story entailing how evil begets evil in the vicious cycle of abuse. young Derek is exposed to his mother’s ruthless beatings regularly by his own father and minister David. David dies a quick but horrible death and the cycle is born.

The flow of this story introduces each character, giving only slight clues to how they all tie together. The plot was brilliant. Eventually, little by little each and every person becomes tied to one another and the secre
Mitsuki Yoruichi
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The story was really good. I loved every second of this story. The twists and turns the author sent me on it was crazy but awesome. I did not expect alot of things to go down into the book.* SPOILER ALERT* After reading the first story " August to Life"; Both characters Leann and Jon have grown over together and have dealt with a lot of foolishness which seemed to follow them still in their new life together. All these killings taken place around them seem to be in the name of them and for peopl ...more
K
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I will start by saying that this is not normally a genre I find interest in. However, the author indeed did grab my interest and held it throughout this fast paced story.

The opening confused me, simply because I was not familiar with this author’s way of introducing characters. However, once I puzzled out who everyone was, I was able to follow along, and soon became entranced by the mystery at hand.

This story follows the lives of a family ripped to shreds from horrific cr
Meena
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I rarely read horror stories, but this one was recommended to me by a friend so I had read it otherwise I would be lost when we get to discuss it in our girls' day out. I must say I wasn't disappointed at all. The plot was so cleverly laid that it will hook the reader right from the start and draw her in to keep reading. Who wouldn't like to know how someone could commit a murder from a maximum security prison when the victim is outside? It was tense and full of suspense. Yes, it was scary, but ...more
Karen Komarinski
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just brilliant this book had me on the edge of my seat. I did have to put it down a couple of times because I was so mad after all these years in Jail Derek Warren was still bringing heart ache to the Bennett and Johnson families. I don’t want to giveaway anymore for I don’t want to spoil whats to come.
I just want to thank Max E. Stone on a great series. I look forward to reading more from you!
Samie Sands
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! The author is a fantastic writer and the plot of The Bleeding does not disappoint! If you haven't read anything by Max E Stone yet, this is a great place to start.
Ronel van Tonder
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-swap
The Bleeding starts off a bit abruptly, with Stone throwing you into the ring with a full cast of strange and wonderful characters. The author begins to unwind his story, and the threads of mystery are laid bare.

A psychological thriller with more than a touch of horror, The Bleeding is intriguing, gritty and raw. The story plays out well, with every character well drawn. Their stories are fascinating, and at the end you're left sympathetic toward some and scared as hell of others.

I found the b
Jenn Swanson
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is all degrees of craziness! At first it took me a minute to get used to the jumping around...but once I did, I was hooked. There is violence in this book but none that is overly graphic. If you enjoy horror and mysteries I would definitely suggest picking this book up.
Charles