Start by marking “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” as Want to Read:
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

Board Book, 12 pages
Published June 24th 2014 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

Olivia Desenberg
Oct 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Title (italicize): Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

Author & Illustrator: Caroline Jayne Church

Genre: Picture Book, Nursery Rhyme

Theme(s): Stars, Bedtime, Nursery Rhyme

Opening line/sentence (type directly from text):

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are.

Brief Book Summary (2-3 sentences in your own words):

This small and thick book carries the class “twinkle, twinkle, little star” nursery rhyme. It is accompanied by large pictures and uses different textures.

Professional R
Francesca
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: nursery
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star by Caroline Jayne Church
1. Awards: CLEL Bell Picture Book Awards Nominee for Sing (2015)
2. Grade Level: Pre-K - Kindergarten
3. Summary: A classic nursery rhyme about a star in the night sky.
4. Review: Always love a classic book with a simple rhyme that the whole class can follow along. I probably wouldn't use this for read aloud in my classroom just because I think there are so many good books out there that teach a message.
5. In Class Uses:
A. Have students sing/re
Deborah
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nursey-rhymes
1. Awards received: None
2. Appropriate grade level(s): Grades Pre K - K
3. Original summary: Classic children's bedtime lullaby nursery rhyme. Foil embossed cover makes a an eye catching bedtime reading choice sure to please toddlers and young readers.
4. Original review: Young children along with stuffed animals become gazers of the night sky in this classic lullaby Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star.
5. 1-2 possible in-class uses: Children will learn about bedtime, sleep, and dreams. Children will lea
Kris Dersch
Cute and sweet. Illustrations feel old school but aren't whitewashed. I like that each kid appears alone (or with teddy bear,) adds to the dreaminess. Great read aloud/singalong for the youngest readers.
Shauna
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweet bedtime board book with shiny star covers, beautiful illustrations and the classic lullaby. Babies will never tire of this.
Robyn
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, library
The art is beautiful in this and I love the shiny cover.
Carly Killian
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The classic lullaby is put into book form to capture young children. Readers old and young are captivated by the sparkling cover, and the heartwarming illustrations inside.
Jaclyn
Shelves: 2019-new
O
Caitlin
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute. Sweet. Simple. Perfect for baby storytime with summer since the summer reading theme is music! :)
R.
Mar 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
Kendal Dastrup
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
In Twinkle Twinkle Little Star by Caroline Jayne Church, we read a story that goes along with the song of twinkle twinkle little star. I would consider this book to be an illustration of the song. It reminds me a lot of you are my sunshine, which I have written a review about previously. The song is about the stars and how they shine about the world at night. Little kids don't know the scientific reasoning behind stars so most of them think they are just so magical. I can totally picture the lit ...more
Angie
Apr 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Synopsis: "Bestselling illustrator and author Caroline Jayne Church dazzles and shines in the classic lullaby, TWINKLE, TWINKLE, LITTLE STAR.

With an eye-catching foil cover that twinkles even on the darkest nights, Caroline Jayne Church's beloved toddlers and stuffed animals become adorable stargazers in this perfect bedtime rhyme."

My Review: I am a big Church fan and pick up everyone of her books I find. This one was a little bit of a let down, I was hoping for her to use at least another verse
Cindy Williams
Feb 05, 2015 rated it liked it
I like the illustrations, but I wish the metallic would have been on the interior illustrations on the inside also (or instead of on the cover).
Aaliyah
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Aaliyah loved reading this book. This is the song they are singing in her pre-school class this week.
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-lit
This is a very simple book. This would be good for preschool and under kids. I like how the book was just the song, the illustrations were very simple and so were the words
Brittney
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture
My son is obsessed with this book.
Ana Maria
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Perfect to sing along.
The illustrations are soft and beautiful, that invite children to go to sleep.
The text is not to long.
Andrea
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alex-books
This book is literally the lyrics for the song. The graphics are cute, so I use this book when I sing the song to my son.

My boy loves pointing to the star that is on each page.
Walter Walker
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
Excellent rhyming story. Great for toddlers at bedtime. The rhymes help teach phonological awareness and the illustrations draw the child into the book.
Amy Bell