Start by marking “Tidal Pools” as Want to Read:
Tidal Pools

Tidal Pools

4.61  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Making the most of incredible plot twists, dark settings, and the use of ancient religious rituals, this thriller will keep readers on the edge of their seats until the final pages. In the Galeegi Islands along the coast of South Carolina, the former prime suspect in a 40-year-old, controversial murder case is found dead of a questionable suicide. Tyler Miles, a newly recr ...more
Published November 29th 2013 by Holladay House Publishing (first published June 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Tidal Pools, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tidal Pools

Cathy Gilbert
Outstanding. A great story, beautifully written.
Joe
Mar 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Let me first start out by saying that Lawrence Thackston is a true story teller. I found myself constantly on the edge of my seat. He has a knack for suspense, and makes your mind want to keep reading, even when your eyes tell you to stop. This is a great mystery thriller, and I am so surprised I was one of the lucky few to receive this hidden treasure for free in the Goodreads Giveaways. Autographed too! (Thanks Mr. Thackston!)

*Minor Spoilers*
That being said, I must also point out that story te
Fred
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: personal-favs
I spent an entire sunny Sunday afternoon indoors reading this book cover to cover. Succinctly, great writing! Recognizable characters, a tight plot line, and wonderful prose masterfully combined with vivid descriptions of my beloved South Carolina Lowcountry kept me glued to the pages of this book.

I thoroughly enjoyed this read.

All that said, I admit to two disappointments. First, it took me a long time to finally order this work. Second, I blasted through the 296 pages so quickly that I now f
Shen Hart
Feb 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: shen-reviews
This is a book for people who are willing to dig through the jumbled writing style to see the potential that this book squanders. The overall premise, the very broad strokes, is very similar to thousands of other police procedurals out there. The African culture and mythology aspect, however, should have made it shine. That could have been fascinating if it was woven into a competent and intriguing narrative. Unfortunately, it wasn’t. If this book were to add more layers and tidy up the writing, ...more
Tony
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is truly a page-turner. I read it in just a few days, because I could hardly put it down. I'm usually a 2-3 page reader before I fall asleep at night, but with this book it was several chapters a night. I found the author's style easy to read and the story captivating.
Tracey Lampley
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Tidal Pools by Lawrence Thackston was a page-turning thriller with many shocking plot twists. The author’s characterizations were spot on. The hero, Tyler Miles, sizzles on the pages. I rate this book a five-star read.
Rachel
Thackston paints a vivid picture of the havoc wreaked on a small island community when a serial killer serving a vengeful Vodun (voodoo) god metes out justice on unsuspecting islanders.

Tyler Miles, fresh out of school, and two-weeks new on the Galeegi police force could not have imagined that his first month following in his uncle's footsteps would be so terrifying. For Galeegi Police Chief Fletcher Tate, a typical day consists of answering phones, routine island patrol, and keeping his sergean
Kelli
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Based in the South Carolina Lowcountry, Lawrence Thackston presents his second book, Tidal Pools. In the ficticious Galeegi Islands, there have been some unsolved murders that newcomer Tyler Miles must solve. Miles works with research biologist, Chloe Hart, in the search for the connection between a case that took place many years ago and a suicide. With this action-packed book, you will be up all night trying to figure out the ending (which certainly came as a surprise).

"And, in his search for
Dave Bell
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, thrillers
Obligatory disclaimer: I won this book as a First-Reads giveaway.

Tidal Pools is a well-written thriller set in the fictional Galeegi Islands off the coast of South Carolina. It works on its most basic level, as a whodunit (or whatdunit!), but was particulary interesting for its contrasting of traditional, Western culture with that of the African descendents who inhabit the islands on which the mysterious deaths being investigated take place. Throw in a romantic element between the lead character
Michaela Shafer
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
i read 200 pages today and i just couldn't put down the book it was just great! With so many different murders and killers it kept the book going. It also made the book different then others because usually there aren't many deaths and different killers and i liked how they changed that up. Great Book!!!!
Lori
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
great page turner.
Terri
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in a giveaway from Goodreads. I loved it.Once I got started reading it I couldn't put it down. I don't normally stay up all night to finish a book but I did with this one.
Violet
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Exceptional writting you do not want to miss reading this one. Thanks to Lawrence for my copy. I am going to recommend this book for years to come.
Linda Schoenfeld
Vykki
Carol J
Tosha Holliman
Feb 16, 2014
Sumter County Lib...: "Sometimes bad things just happen." 1 4 Jun 17, 2014 07:35AM
  • Spirit (Spirit #1)
  • Final Drive
  • More than a Conqueror: Five Pathways to Personal Revival
  • The Gas Man Collection
  • Zina: A Selection from Her Poems and Photographs
  • Five Steps
  • Cold Cruel Winter (Richard Nottingham, #2)
  • Sprouting Wings