Start by marking “Bruised” as Want to Read:
Bruised

Bruised (Bruised #1)

3.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  45 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
(Book 1 in the Bruised Series)

Wh
ebook
Published (first published January 5th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Bruised, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bruised

Dmitry's Closet by Latrivia S. NelsonNaked by Megan HartLove Script by Tiffany AshleyBlack Butterfly by Sienna MynxTaken By Moonlight by Violette Dubrinsky
Best multicultural / interrracial romances
255th out of 333 books — 272 voters
Offbeat by Nikki Lynn BarrettReconstructing Jackson by Holly BushAccessible Love Stories by Christy Leigh StewartChez Chance by Jay GummermanThe Year We Fell Down by Sarina Bowen
Paraplegics in Fiction
32nd out of 40 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

Musings of A Romance Junkie
Sep 27, 2014 Musings of A Romance Junkie rated it really liked it
This is not my first Stacy-Deanne read, and certainly won't be my last. Bruised is a story that deals with multiple themes (as does every Stacy-Deanne story): domestic abuse, alcoholism, forgiveness and second chances, and learning to live with the choices and decisions you make in life, oh yeah and a murder mystery. WHEW!!! This is some deep shit, and Stacy has yet to disappoint me.

Lisa Swanson is a Baltimore, MD detective with a massive chip on a shoulder, and Jake Jenson is a wheelchair-bound
Romance Novels in Color
Bruised, the first book in the Bruised series, revolves around a murder investigation and the lead detectives. Lisa Swanson and Dee Quarter are determined to find the killer. Lisa meets Jake Jenson and the attraction is apparent as she questions Jake about the events leading up to his discovery of his best friend’s body. Lisa’s main goal is to find the killer and feels Jake is a handsome distraction she does not need or want. His interference with the investigation leads the detectives to questi ...more
Marcia
Jan 13, 2014 Marcia rated it liked it
Baltimore Homicide Detective Lisa Swanson meets Jake Jenson at the scene of his best-friends murder. Jake, is the prime suspect and main interference in Ernest’s murder investigation. Lisa finds Jake aggravating, irritating…handsome and he gets under her skin like no man has. Not since her previous relationship, an abusive relationship she is still mentally recovering from.

Jake is unsure of why Lisa refuses to consider him as dating material, he is unsure if it is the wheelchair or the fact he i
Mstcat
Jul 14, 2014 Mstcat rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, can-t-loan-this
*A review copy of this book was given to me by the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.*

When Baltimore Homicide Detective Lisa Swanson and her partner Dee Quarter are called to investigate the murder of Ernest Juarez, Lisa meets wheelchair bound Jake Jenson, a man determined to find his best friend’s killer at all costs. Jake is instantly attracted to the standoffish Lisa yet can’t understand why Lisa keeps him at arm’s length...

The Good: Bruised is a romantic "who-dunnit" style myst
Authors & Readers Book Corner
Homicide Detective Lisa Swanson faces past issues in Bruised by Stacy-Deanne. Lisa and her partner Dee Quarter are called to investigate the murder of Ernest Juarez. While investigating the partners meet Ernest’s roommate Jake Jenson, who is determined to find out his best friends killer. Jake is instantly attracted to Lisa and decides to pursue her.

Lisa’s guard is up and she keeps putting Jake’s advances to the side. Lisa is trying to solve Ernest Juarez but Jake’s interference starts to make h
Jan 06, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Title: Bruised by Stacy Deanne

5 stars

Heading: Dark Secrets

Detectives Lisa Swanson and Dee Quarter beginning Stacy Deanne’s Bruised are being handed their next murder case. The obvious suspect would be Jake Jenson, the person who found his good friend, Ernest Juarez in a way that a person with a good heart would not wish to see anyone. However, when the detectives assess the situation they question whether or not Jake could truly be the murderer they are searching for.

Jake is determined to find
sha'kia
May 15, 2015 sha'kia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

You must read this book, so much suspense in such a short book. Jake is crazy funny loved him but when he laid eyes on Lisa he was in love. Lisa working his friends murder case seems to get annoyed with Jake but the cat an mouse game they play brings them closer. Shocking revelations pop up for the case and the killers will have you guessing til the very end great book 1.
LS
May 12, 2015 LS rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Romance and thriller

I started this and couldn't put it down until I finished it in the same day...

...No regrets.

This book had me rooting for their relationship while wondering who the real killer was at the same time. Because of this...I found the book more entertaining than your other average "billionaire" story.

I'm glad I gave this book a chance
Lucinda Michele
I ENJOY ED BRUISED VERY MUCH, THOUGHT IT'S NOT WHAT I USUALLY READ.
Lisa is distrustful of everyone. Jake is the guy for her in my opinion. Dee is something else, and Winston tries to hard. A book of unusual character but a page turner. Liked a lot, would read this type of book again.
Nancy  L Thompson
3 1/2 Stars

I'm not really sure how I feel about this book. Was it trying to be a comedy or what? I'm gonna reserve my feelings until I read the next book. Maybe it's the authors style. Not sure if I like it or r not but we'll see
P.
May 24, 2015 P. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 out of 5

Interesting storyline, left (I think) a little unfinished. Hopefully the main characters will be in the next installment of this series and I will find out what happens to defense attorney Mason.
Shelia
Jan 15, 2014 Shelia rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Stacy Deanne's new book. It had the right amount of romance and suspense. I finished the book in one night.
Margaret
Margaret rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2016
TaniLu
TaniLu rated it liked it
May 17, 2016
Sirah
Sirah marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Jane Wheeler
Jane Wheeler marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Michaela Hadley
Michaela Hadley rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
21lakis34
21lakis34 rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Stacy
Stacy added it
Jan 16, 2016
Ally
Ally marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2015
Yvette
Yvette marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Saditty
Saditty marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
Liane
Liane rated it it was ok
Aug 15, 2015
David Tschoepe
David Tschoepe rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Sisanda
Sisanda marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Patty
Patty marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Cierra
Cierra marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
mary
mary rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
82055
Stacy-Deanne (pronounced Dee-Anne) is an award-winning and bestselling novelist of contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and women's fiction novels.

Her work includes Everlasting, Melody, Bruised, and Captivated. Stacy is a 2011 and 2012 African-American Literary Award nominee.

More about Stacy-Deanne...

Bruised (5 books)
  • Captivated
  • Disturbed (BWWM Romantic Suspense)
  • Entangled