Start by marking “Kiss the Night Goodbye (Nikki & Michael, #4)” as Want to Read:
Kiss the Night Goodbye (Nikki & Michael, #4)

Kiss the Night Goodbye

(Nikki & Michael #4)

Sometimes the past not only haunts, but destroys... One hundred years ago, Michael Kelly hunted down and killed the sorcerer responsible for murdering his lover. Now the brother of that man is out for revenge, and he intends to destroy all that Michael holds dear in the process. Nikki James wants nothing more than to pass the Circle's strict entry exams so she can get on w ...more
Published March 4th 2004 by ImaJinn Books

To ask other readers questions about Kiss the Night Goodbye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss the Night Goodbye

Feminista
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, urban-fantasy
Rating: 4 out of 5

Book 4 of this series is by far the best.

I really enjoyed the relationship between Nikki and Michael. I thought the relationship portrayed in this book was deeper and more understanding.

It was also nice getting an insight into Michael's mysterious past.

ARC Courtesy of Random House Publishing Group - Bantam Dell and NetGalley
Lyn* Nomad *Worlds await*
I don't know if it's the fault of the bloody reading slump but I was just super bored with this book. I loved this series so much about 10 years ago but it left me kind of "meh". That sucks.
Felicity Heaton
Nikki and Michael are back in the final story in Keri Arthur’s vampire romance series. Nikki has been busting her backside improving her fitness and her control of her psychic abilities since Michael has done the decent thing and not only asked Nikki to marry him, but has allowed her into the darker and more dangerous side of his life.

The story opens with Nikki once again trying to pass the Circle’s entry exams and gets more than she bargained for in her latest attempt—someone trying to kill her
Beth
Kiss the Night Goodbye is a fast paced, dark, final adventure for the Nikki and Michael series.

This story starts with Nikki trying to pass her Circle “final examination”. Something goes wrong and what is suppose to be a training exercise turns into a life and death situation. It is quickly discovered that the circle has been infiltrated by an enemy’s minions.

When Nikki and Michael go to investigate the betrayers home, they are separated and Michael is captured by the minions. 100 years ago, Mic
Steph
Kiss the Night Goodbye is the 4rd and final book in the Nikki & Michael series, so some series spoilers may exist.

Reading Order:
Dancing with the Devil (Nikki & Michael, #1) by Keri Arthur Hearts in Darkness (Nikki & Michael, #2) by Keri Arthur Chasing the Shadows (Nikki & Michael, #3) by Keri Arthur Kiss the Night Goodbye (Nikki & Michael, #4) by Keri Arthur

In Kiss the Night Goodbye Nikki & Michael's relationship is going strong. He's working to be more flexible and has given in to Nikki's insistence that he let her join the Circle. (view spoiler)
Lorna
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
This is the fourth and last Nikki and Michael book. Since they are all re-released from years ago, I guess there is no hope for another one and that’s a shame. The is also the fourth one in the last couple of months that I have read in this series. As I have said before, it’s hard to review so many books in a series in a row unless major things change in the story.

One major change in this story involves Nikki finally going to work for the Circle that Michael works for. So now she finally is able
May 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 4th and final book in the Nikki and Michael series & I'd strongly recommend that you read the series in order. Although I won't give spoilers for Kiss the Night Goodbye in this review it will be impossible not to include things that may spoil the previous books so if you're new to the series I'd suggest you read the reviews for Dancing with the Devil. This is a series I really loved so I'd definitely recommend you check it out!

Now that Michael has finally agreed to let Nikki joi
Tiffany
Mar 25, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Great ending to a good series

This is the fourth and last book of the Nikki and Michael series. This one starts with Nikki and Jake trying to become members of The Circle, the group that Michael works for. Not only is Nikki trying to pass all the test so she can begin working with Michael, she’s planning their wedding. Though Nikki’s powers seem to be growing and that’s not the only problem she has to deal with. Someone has infiltrated The Circle trying to kill Seline and Michael and will stop a
Mara
Aug 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, arc, urban-fantasy
Fourth and final installment of Nikki and Michael (but the series has a spin off in the Damask Circle), Kiss the Night Goodbye follows the the main couple into their first mission together. Well, kind of :) Micheal gets kidnapped by the enemy foretold in book 3 and Nikki rides to the rescue. In a sense literally, as they are sent to a Western town that a sorcerer has created to recall a series a murders happened a century before.

As in all the series romance and mystery share pages in a nice blen
Alana Byers-crawford
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ahh my heart is so full!
This was such a perfect way to end the series even though I feel like Arthur could've easily continued with it.
The connection between Nikki and Michael is just great and they work so well as a team even if Michael tries to still stop it.
I loved how we saw a little more into Michaels past and even though he's 360 years old I like that he's not invincible.
The concept of their love being so strong it even overrides magic abd memory loss is just swoon worthy.
The book was
Rebecca
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great finish but I hope not the last in this series!

I really like this series and love the chemistry between these two. The th I vs they get into are really different from all the other books I have read I think because Nikki also ahs words herself. Great fourth book but I do hope Miss Arthur will write more about Michael and Nikki. Love this series. But don't start here you have to read the other three books first or you will miss so much and not i understand a lot of what is going on between t
TinaMarie
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beth Curl
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
Loved this book. I'm Happy about the ending.
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
Non stop action...

This was fast paced and I loved that Nikki was the one doing the saving. This series was so very good. Action, adventure, pnr and characters that you root for.
Kathleen Adey
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!

Each book in this series has been better than the last, and this one doesn't disappoint. Treat yourself to this series and fall in love with Michael and Nikki.
Marie
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
The story was reasonably well structured but it only managed to reinforce my long-held dislike of paranormal stories
Karol
Jul 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
This was the only book in the series I kinda liked. I only had minor niggles with it eg if Michael (male MC), believes he is hunting for Emmett & not Weylin Dunleavy, he shouldn't be looking for a 'vampire'.
Fangs for the Fantasy
Nikki is joining the Circle after all of her conflicts with Michael over her safety – but already her safety is at risk with the Circle itself being targeted

But she isn’t the one their enemies are focused on – it’s Michael and Selene, targets of an elaborate revenge plot from their distant past.

With Michael kidnapped, his memory heavily erased and him replaying the events of over a 100 years ago, only Nikki can enter this ghost town full of mind controlled hostages to try and save Michael and br
Jackie
Book Info

Expected publication: October 29th 2013 by Dell (first published March 4th 2004)
original title Kiss The Night Goodbye (Nikki & Michael, #4)
ASIN B00CNQ7B1U
series Nikki & Michael #4
characters Nikki James, Michael Kelly
Source:Netgalley EARC

Book Buy Links

AMAZON

B&N

BOOK SYNOPSIS

Sometimes the past not only haunts, but destroys…

Books A-Brewin'
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I received an e-copy of this book from the publishers at NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I am steadily on the track to read every book ever published by the esteemed Keri Arthur. I have read the Riley Jensen Guardian series, I have read the spin off Dark Angel series, and now, after reading this book, I will have completed her Nikki & Michael series. Only a few more series to go before I have completely read every work of literature this author has produced. That is how much I
Amy A
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kiss the Night Goodbye concludes the Nikki and Michael series. Nikki is just completing her training with the Circle when the last test goes horribly wrong. When one of the Circle members attacks Nikki with intent to kill her, and the fact that Selene has gone into hiding, Michael realizes that Selene's prediction from Chasing the Shadows is about to come to fruition. The brother of a vampire Selene and Michael killed more than a century ago seeks revenge for the death.

Trying to re-create the s
Melliane
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mon avis en Français

My English review

And here is the final book in the Nikki and Michael series. Finally, I do not really know if this is THE last volume but for the moment it is in any case the only remaining. I loved the whole series and I was curious to see what would happen now. A whole new life now begins for Nikki and Jake and I was curious to learn more about the Circle after all we had heard about.

So as I said Nikki is finally part of the circle, but firstly she has to pass some tests, s
Emsy Van Wyck
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Four stars for Keri Arthur's Kiss the Night Goodbye, reissued recently by Dell

I've enjoyed a few of Keri Arthur's books, but in all honesty have yet to read her two most popular series - Riley Jensen or its successor Dark Angels. I was quite happy to see that Dell is republishing her earlier series and that the publisher shared book four, Kiss the Night Goodbye, in Arthur's Nikki and Michael series with me for review.

As you know, I do like to read series in order, however I wasn't able to do so
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
4.5 stars!

In the fourth and last book of the Nikki and Michael series, Keri Arthur spellbinds readers with her unique protagonists and intense plotting. If you’ve followed the series, then you will know that Nikki and Michael have come a long way from when they first met each other. Michael isn’t so stoic and detached and Nikki continues to grow stronger and stronger. Linked together in a magical way, the threat of danger becomes intensely deadly when Michael is kidnapped. It seems that his pas
Bella Heart
Feb 12, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kiss the Night Goodbye is the fourth and final book of the Nikki and Michael Series. This book begins with Nikki and Jake trying to past a test to become fully fledged members of the Damask Circle. Nikki is desperate to finish and pass this test not only to become a member finally, but so she can get on with planning her wedding and finding the perfect dress.
And, like all things in Nikki and Michael's life, something gets in the way of their plans. Turns out that another super evil bad guy wants
Danielle
i enjoyed this series even though it isn't what I'd typically read. i think I'll have to create a bookshelf for this author and explore more of her work.
Betty-Braden
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, ebook
4 out of 5 stars.

"Sometimes the past not only haunts, but destroys... One hundred years ago, Michael Kelly hunted down and killed the sorcerer responsible for murdering his lover. Now the brother of that man is out for revenge, and he intends to destroy all that Michael holds dear in the process. Nikki James wants nothing more than to pass the Circle's strict entry exams so she can get on with the business of planning her wedding to Michael. But when one of the testers attempts to kill her, she
Holly
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The final book in the Nikki and Michael series didn't miss a beat! Before Nikki and Michael can reach their HEA, they are thrown one hell of an obstacle that they both have to overcome. Michael is kidnapped and has a spell placed on him to make him forget the last several years of his life, and of course who Nikki is. Nikki then has to locate him and help him regain his memory as well as help take down the current bad guy, and in Keri's books, the bad guys are really bad! I simply cannot say eno ...more
Grete
Continuing the story of Nikki and Michael, as they prepare for their wedding, only one obstacle stands in their way. Nikki must pass the Circle’s final test. Using her skills and psychic talents she must face a number of adversaries and beat them. Only then will she receive permission to marry her Vampire. When one of the foes tries to kill her in earnest, the circle realises something is very wrong and Nikki and Michael are thrown in at the deep end, facing something far worse than marriage.

Thi
LilyElement
Nikki wants to join the Damask Circle, the organization that Michael is in. But first she must pass the exam(s) in order to be part of the circle all while trying to organizing her wedding and hunting down her fiancee Michael who has been kidnapped. Talk about busy!

The villain in the story is seeking revenge against Michael. He manages to kidnap and put a spell on Michael which causes him to lose his memory. Nikki comes to his rescue, but has to not get ensnared by the bad guy's evil plan first.
« previous 1 3 next »
Excerpt available 1 4 Feb 02, 2010 07:44PM

• Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)
  • Frostbound (The Dark Forgotten, #4)
  • The Damsel and the Daggerman (Blud, #2.5)
  • Luscious Craving (Candace Steele Vampire Killer #2)
  • Redemption (Soul, #1)
  • Bitten in Two (Jaz Parks, #7)
  • The Pleasure Project
  • In the Blood (The Maker's Song, #2)
  • Vampaholic (Darkheart & Crosse Trilogy #2)
  • Blood from a Silver Cross (Kat Redding, #4)
  • Damn Him to Hell (Saturn's Daughter, #2)
  • Hot Blooded (Jessica McClain, #2)
  • Bound By Sin (Cin Craven, #3)
  • The Importance of Being Emily (Bad Witch: The Emily Chronicles #0.5)
  • Dangerous
  • Blood Red (Blood #1)
  • Dark Elves: Salvation (Dark Elves #3 & #4)
  • The Vampire's Kiss (Savannah Vampire, #3)
Keri Arthur, author of the New York Times bestselling Riley Jenson, Guardian series, has now written more than 25 books. She's received several nominations in the Best Contemporary Paranormal category of the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Awards, and recently won RT's Career Achievement Award for urban fantasy. She lives in Melbourne with her daughter and two crazy dogs

Nikki & Michael (4 books)
  • Dancing with the Devil (Nikki & Michael, #1)
  • Hearts in Darkness (Nikki & Michael, #2)
  • Chasing the Shadows (Nikki & Michael, #3)