Start by marking “Upon a Winter's Night (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Upon a Winter's Night (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3.5)

Upon a Winter's Night (MacKinnon’s Rangers #3.5)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  655 Ratings  ·  98 Reviews
Reunite with the MacKinnon brothers and their wives for Christmas—and a tale of love, new life, and redemption.

The war between Britain and the French is finally at an end, and the MacKinnons are looking forward to celebrating their first peacetime Christmas in five long years. While Iain and Annie have discovered that the pleasures of marriage grow deeper with time, Morgan
ebook
Published November 27th 2013 by Pamela Clare (first published November 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Upon a Winter's Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Upon a Winter's Night

Jill
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jill by: UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

It's December, 1760 and the war is over at last. Iain and Annie, Morgan and Amalie, Connor and Sarah and their children look forward to their first peace-filled Christmas together, along with Joseph, their Mahican brother.

description

But when the brothers find out that the final wages have not been paid to their men by the British command, they leave for Albany to take the matter up with the new commander.

description

A lovely and complete story in a novella, giving an insight into the continuing lives of the MacKinnon
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

A perfect holiday story!

Upon A Winter’s Night is everything a Christmas novella should be! It’s romantic, passionate, witty, and inspires us to believe that at Christmastide, even the seemingly unredeemable can be redeemed! It is, truly, a perfect holiday story!
♡Karlyn P♡
Wow!! I LOVED IT! What an amazing holiday story with the MacKinnon's. I can hardly believe Pamela Clare was able to pack so much story into only 26,000 words.

There was even a romance for Killy too! That bit made me laugh so hard I had trouble focusing on the pages. And then there were so many heart melting and touching moments as well. Christmas dinner, gifts, mistletoe, squirming babies, the rangers...etc.

The ending made me tear up as it was such a fitting end. This is a MUST READ for any fan
Karla

4 Stars! It was nice to be back with the MacKinnons...all of them, and Joseph...oh Joseph...take me for your bride!!

A sweet holiday read. I think I might actually feel sorry for Wentworth, something I didn't think was possible after reading Defiant, but speaks volumes for Pamela Clare and her exceptional writing and storytelling.

Loved the Killy's side story, so happy for the Irishman!
Duchess Nicole
A nice little catch up story in which we get to spend time with all of the MacKinnon brothers and their brides. They all have babies now, and it was comforting to see them settled into their farm, content for the most part to live their simple lives free from war and death.

This novella also concludes Wentworth's part in the series. It was somewhat bittersweet...after his noble sacrifice in book three, he's quite the broken man. He is a most interesting villain in that even after all the evil he
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
5 Shiny Bright Stars!!

Pamela Clare does it again, she leaves me drooling for mooooooore!!! This was a fantastic addition to the "MacKinnon's Rangers" series. It was so good to see how Iain & Annie, Morgan & Amalie and Conner & Sarah have progressed along with Joseph, Killey, and Lord Wentworth.

It's near Christmas and the MacKinnon Brothers learn that an injustice has been done to the men who served with them so they set out to make things right. In doing so they must track down
Anne OK
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
What an outstanding holiday treat from Pamela Clare! Catching up with the MacKinnons was a joy from beginning to ending. As always, you'll never be disappointed in one of PC's books -- and her historicals are among the very best and each an unforgettable read. Readers are always the recipients of an amazing history lesson, along with great story building and memorable characters -- there's never a doubt that this author has put hours of research into her words of magic.

If you haven't already fo
KatLynne
I can never get enough of Pamela Clare's MacKinnon brothers and she delivers a fantastic Christmas Novella with this release. Not only do we catch up with Iain & Annie, Connor & Sarah, Morgan & Amalie, but also includes scenes of Wentworth and others. I loved it and the bull scene is hilarious:)
Pamela(AllHoney)
Number 3.5 in the MacKinnon's Rangers series. A charming Christmas novella featuring the beloved characters from the series. The MacKinnon brothers and their wives are getting ready for the coming holiday when Joseph shows up with Killy, one of the Rangers.

I don't want to give any spoilers away so I won't say any more but fans of the series will definitely want to get this one. It was short but very sweet and a little warm. I'm not a fan of novellas for the most part but I loved this one. It fe
Beanbag Love
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a treat to get a MacKinnon Christmas story! While novellas can be disappointing, this one absolutely was not.

Fans of this series will really enjoy this, I think. There are a lot of POV shifts, but it's exactly what I wanted. We get to check in with all the characters to see how they're feeling about their new situation. This story picks up right where Defiant left off and some questions are at least semi-answered, so that's satisfying too. It's definitely a touching, poignant as well as he
Dina
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars (rounded up to 5 stars because Wentworth is worth it - no pun intended)
Auntee
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of MacKinnon's Rangers, it's a must
Just beautiful. Loved it. But poor Wentworth...

I'd love to see periodic updates of this family...maybe every year or so?:)
Yomi M.
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Rating Clarification: 4.5 stars

So I'm going to be honest and say that I totally skipped Morgan and Amalie (their story was my least favorite) because I just didn't care for them. But I loved Connor and Sarah and Iain and Annie. Man, I just wish she would write Joseph a story, he's the best.
Jennifer Lane
The MacKinnon Brothers' Happy Ending

What a treat to read this Christmas novella about the MacKinnon brothers, Scottish-American warriors in eighteenth century New York. I loved Ian in Surrender, Morgan in Untamed, and Connor in Defiant. Each brother met an incredible woman in his story, and now the three couples live in wedded bliss on the MacKinnon farm, eager to celebrate the birth of Christ with their collective families.

But when the brothers discover the dastardly British never paid their fe
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
5+++++ MAGICAL STARS!!! The perfect Christmas novella for a perfect trilogy!

Historical romance has always been my favorite genre, and still is today. There's just this alluring quality highlanders and lairds have that modern billionaires, bad boys, and bikers DON'T have. Others would say kilts, me? I'd say originality. Sensuality. Simplicity. Clare's sensational writing breathes life into these characters, their story, and the rich history that makes up the backbone of the MacKinnon Rangers. Th
Keri
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this wonderful look at our MacKinnon brothers. Can't wait for the next book, I just don't know whose book I want more, Wentworth's or Joseph's. :-) Thank You Pamela for the wonderful Christmas gift!
Kathleen
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Story Rating ~ 5 Stars
Hero Ratings ~ 5 Stars
Heorine Ratings ~ 5 Stars
Romance Rating ~ 5 Stars
Heat Level ~ 3 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 5 Stars

LOVED IT! I wish Pamela Clare would write faster. This series is FANTASTIC! It's time for Joseph's story I just hope we don't have another looooonnggg wait.
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
A charming Christmas novella to finish the MacKinnon's Rangers series... although I do wish we would have got a full length book starring William Wentworth, who has been slowly redeemed throughout this series.
Esra
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-english
Kitap tam olarak Defiant'ın bittiği zamandan devam ediyor..
MacKinnon'lar Noel için verecekleri ziyafetin hazırlıklarına devam ediyorlar.. Ancak Komandolardan Killy, körkütük sarhoş bir halde Joseph tarafından çiftliğe getirildiğinde, komandoların savaştaki görevleri karşılığında ücretlerini almadığını söylüyor.. Bunun üzerine Iain, Morgan ve Connor durumu halletmek için Albany'e doğru yola çıkıyorlar ve eşlerine de onları korkuyla beklemek düşüyor..
Kitapta Morgan ve karısı Amalie'nin arasındaki
Gina
I love Pamela Clare, she writes amazing books! And her McKinnon Ranger series is my all time fav Highlander Series! So as soon as this one came out, i had to read it. And OMG OMG it didn’t disappoint (other then i wish it was longer). This is a Christmas novella and it was sweet, comforting, funny and romantic…YES YES YES!

It was wonderful to catch up with Iain *swoon*, Morgan *swooning again* and Connor *going to pass out from swooning*. And of course the wonderful women in this series, Annie, A
Zairobe25
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ainssss amo a los Hermanos Mackinnon's, este relato me regalo un poquito mas de ellos, y de mi villano favorito de todos los tiempos, y no, no es Gru de quien hablo, es de Wentworth, que villano mas encantador, no pude odiarlo ni en sus perores momentos, el también me encanto.
Todo lo que he leído de Pamela Clare me ha parecido maravilloso, totalmente enamorada de su pluma, su estilo y sus historias.
Jenn
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holidays
I will miss the MacKinnon brothers and their Rangers. I will also miss Wentworth and Cooke.

I'm grateful to have read such a great series and for this book, as it gave me closure to the series. I shall think in the future of picking up this series and rediscovering it all over again.

What did I love about this book?
1. Fast-paced and could be read in a couple of hours.
2. Multiple Points of View.
3. The emotions I felt in such a short story.
4. Closure regarding Wentworth.
5. Amalie & Morgan resol
Jacqueline
I loved the opportunity to revisit the Rangers. Nicely done little short story. I would love to see a story featuring Joseph. Some of the best parts of the story were between Wentworth and his captain/aide. I loved the visuals of the primordial forests and their sense of melancholy as they were leaving it behind.
Jona
A beautiful Christmas short story and continuation to the MacKinnon's brother. It is one of the BEST series I ever read and it's unforgettable. Thank you, Pamela for creating these amazing books. Love it!!!

Iliada
Yes! Thank you God! A MacKinnon's Rangers novella? That was so unexpected and so, SO welcome!! Give it to me now!!

*Update 11/26*
I just bought it from Smashwords for $2.99. I'm so excited right now! I'm starting this tonight!

This was a sweet little treat strictly for the fans of the MacKinnon's Rangers series. Those of you who haven't read the whole trilogy should not read this novella for two reasons: it won't make any sense and it contains spoilers.

The story is told from all 6 main characters'
Brenda
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th and final book in the MacKinnon brothers’ saga. This tale involves all the MacKinnon brothers and their wives. It is their first Holiday season after the end of the war.

Killy, one of the Rangers, arrives at the MacKinnon’s home. The brothers find out that the Rangers was never paid for their service for a specific campaign. So they set out to Albany to obtain the monies due to their Rangers.

There are many familiar characters in this story such as Joseph, Lord William Wentworth, C
Joanne
I have thoroughly enjoyed the individual stories of the McKinnon Rangers and it was so good revisiting and getting a wrap up of their lives together after the French and Indian War. Pamela Clare's trilogy (Surrender, Untamed, and Defiant) is an amazing historical romance and adventure series that is a favorite, and I will never forget these characters.

Heartwarming.......just wonderful! I can never get enough of the McKinnon brothers. And I NEED a story for Joseph!

Julie
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Considering I haven't read the previous books in the MacKinnon Ranger series, Upon a Winter's Night was easy to follow along. I enjoyed the characters, the setting, and the textured romances. Overall, this was a pretty good read.
  • Sinful: Epilogue (Addicted, #2.1)
  • The Last Renegade (Bitter Springs #1)
  • A Mackenzie Family Christmas: The Perfect Gift (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4.5)
  • A Highlander for Christmas (Children of the Mist, #4.5)
  • Apples Should Be Red
  • A Devil's Touch (The Devil DeVere #4.5)
  • Embattled Christmas (Lost and Found #3.7)
  • The Baron's Betrothal: An On-Again, Off-Again, On-Again Regency Romance (Horsemen of the Apocalypse #2)
  • Dancing on Coals
  • Beloved Savage
  • Wild Burn (Wild State, #1)
  • Merry Christmas, Baby (Lucky Harbor, #12.5)
  • Beauty and the Blacksmith  (Spindle Cove, #3.5)
  • Highlander Most Wanted (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #2)
  • Parting Gifts
USA Today best-selling author Pamela Clare began her writing career as a columnist and investigative reporter and eventually became the first woman editor-in-chief of two different newspapers. Along the way, she and her team won numerous state and national honors, including the First Amendment Award and the National Journalism Award for Public Service. In 2011, she was honored by the Colorado Pro ...more
More about Pamela Clare

MacKinnon’s Rangers (3 books)
  • Surrender (MacKinnon’s Rangers,  #1)
  • Untamed (MacKinnon's Rangers, #2)
  • Defiant (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3)