Start by marking “Forever Is Now (Shooting Stars, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forever Is Now (Shooting Stars, #1)

Forever Is Now

(Shooting Stars #1)

When Alex confronts ex-lover Chance, the sparks fly. But nine years has done nothing to lessen the intensity of the chemistry between them.

If you love someone, set him free. If he steals something of yours, hunt him down and make him sorry.

Alex Bremen is over Chance Ralan. Ever since his high school boyfriend ditched him nine years ago, Alex has bar
Published September 8th 2013 by Liquid Silver Books

To ask other readers questions about Forever Is Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Is Now

Start your review of Forever Is Now (Shooting Stars, #1)
Veronica of V's Reads
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review via the Don't Buy My Love program at Goodreads.

Alex Bremen and Chance Ralan were high school boyfriends, in the closet, until Alex's abusive father found out. They had written music together and Chance looked to break out with a band--when they are caught he flees Alex, and doesn't look back.

Nine years later, Alex is a buff, out gay man, successful in his career as a filmographer. He's pretty much coasting ro
Becky Condit
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Please leave comments for Pattycake's 4 sweet pea review at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index....

Forever is Now by Kimber Vale is the raw, gritty, and wild tale of Alex Bremen and Chance Ralan, and how a tragic confrontation tore them apart nine years before. Now Alex is back looking for revenge. The blurb covers the VERY basic facts of the book, but you really need to read it for yourself to enjoy this richly detailed story.

This is a character driven tale with characters who are vivid, complex, and three dimensional.
Alicia
(This book was received free in return for an honest review)

I'll admit it took me a bit to warm up to this story. However, once Chance and Alex meet up again after 10 years apart, and the sparks start flying, I was all in and finished the last 75% of the book in one day. Alex was perfect as the out-of-the-closet old boyfriend, angry and upset that his ex, trying to act straight rocker Chance, recorded a song that Alex had written. For his part, Chance is apologetic and brave enough t
Kassa
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Although I do enjoy a good rock star elicit love story, I struggled with this one. The plot is fine, if extremely familiar and predictable, and the characters are decent, though bland. There’s a lot of sex and I was done with these scenes halfway through the book. Although the story isn’t unique or different in any way, that’s not what bothered me. The biggest problem is that I felt there was no real tension and I got bored very early on. I powered through to the end, forcing myself to read it a ...more
Firenz
I love this type of story plot, but I've read Black Hurricane by Erica Pike which has a very similar storyline. Both have ex-boyfriends that left them a few year back, both are now great musicians and both stole the songs that the other MC wrote (Both have manipulative managers). Lets see what direction this author takes with he story.

Read 11 September 2013
Rating 2.25

Unfortunately this book did not live up to the hype of Black Hurricane. I did not feel the chemistry between the/>Read
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Alex was madly in love with his high school boyfriend until Chance chose music over love and deserted him when he needed him most, now he barely thinks about Chance, but when he hears the song he wrote for Chance all those years ago on the radio he decides it is time to get his revenge. Alex crosses the country to film a documentary about Chance's band 'Armageddon Showdown' and to make Chance squirm, after all no one knows the heavy me
Lucy
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews

I actually felt so sorry for Alex. His high school love ran away and never looked back, choosing his music over Alex. Okay. But as Alex can’t ever completely let it go because even if he threw out his yearbooks, deleted Facebook and avoided any mention of Chance, the man was all over the media. When Alex is faced with Chance stealing the song Alex wrote for him and using it to propel himself to even more fame, well, gloves are off.

Alex does documentaries and
Lisa The Novel Approach
Kimber Vale wrote a great story of young love in this book. Sometimes when we are young, we believe we are in love and that love will conquer all. Once we grow up and get some life experience, we realize that real life is much harder than our parents ever let on. I think Chance and Alex needed their time apart so they could live their individual dreams before they tried to merge them together. As much as it hurt them both to be apart all those years, it also made them realize that they didn’t wa ...more
Silkeeeeeereads
Cute teenage love lost and then found story.  A little bit of rock star in the closet and a lot of hot sex.
Sofia Grey
5 Fan-Myself-Hot glowing stars for this fantastic hot M/M rocker book. Check it out NOW!!!

Issa
Our story begins with a short prologue where we learn Alex and Chance were lovers in highschool which ends with Alex’s father finding out. Alex is beaten and Chance runs away. Move forward 9 years and Alex is now a documentary filmmaker. He’s followed Chance’s rock star career all this time but neither has reached out to the other. Alex hears a song on the radio by Chance that Alex wrote for Chance years ago. Angry, Alex decides to enact some revenge for theft.

As goofy as the beginni
Stacey Jo
This book was provided for free in exchange for a review

Alex Bremen and Chance Ralan fell in love in high school, until one morning when Alex's father finds them in bed together. His father's threat to out them is more than Chance can take. What would it do to is budding music career? Chance left, taking Alex's broken heart with him.

Nine years later, Alex is infuriated to hear the song he wrote for Chance being played on the radio by Chance's very successful rock band, Armageddon Showdown. A
Christi Snow
Sep 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Review:
I really enjoyed this book. Alex and Chance have both made it in the world. Chance is a rock legend. Alex is a highly awarded filmmaker. They were lovers in high school, but that ended when Alex's extremely strict father found them and they went their separate ways. For Chance, that meant to never again be with a guy, denying that part of himself completely. But Alex chose to out himself. They haven't had contact since that day, but that all changes when Alex hears Chance's rock
Anna Goerlitz
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, on-the-blog
3.5-4 stars

I received a free copy of this book from the author, in exchange for an honest review.

Very enjoyable story about "the one that got away"...

Alex and Chase were lovers in high school, until they were found out and Chase ran away with his tail between his legs. 9 years later, both men are successful in their own right. Alex as an out and proud film maker of music documentaries and Chase as a completely closeted front man of a heavy rock band.
Kathleen Ewing
Apr 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alex Bremen and Chance Ralan met as high school seniors who were separated by a homophobic father. Flash forward nine years to Alex being a successful videographer with a documentary to his name while Chance is a rock star with a metal band. In order to achieve mainstream success, Chance trades on his high school fling by releasing a song Alex wrote for him. When Alex hears it on the radio, he decides to get even the best way he knows how, through film.

The story unfolds as Alex and h
Arthur
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Alex and Chance were lovers in high school. When Alex's father found them in bed together, Chance ran away and they never in contact. Chance went to become a rock star who slept with various women, Alex became a movie maker. It would have stayed that way had Chance not agreed to release a song that Alex wrote for him... When Alex and his crews were embedded to Chance's band to make a documentary movie about them, Chance was happy to see his ex. Although Alex seemed to have
David Colley
This book was received for free on Goodreads in return for an honest review.

Forever Is Now by Kimber Vale it the story of Chance Ralan and Alexander Bremen, high school friends, musicians, closeted lovers. They are separated by Alex's abusive homophobic father and pursue separate careers. Alex hears a song on the radio that has special meaning to them both and starts out on a path to get revenge. Along the way the two men deal with their personal and combined demons which eventually
Dre
What can I say? I'm a sucker for second chance romance. The only thing really keeping me from giving this 5 stars was I think Alex gave in to Chance far too easily. Oh and I wanted to punch Cliff in the face myself. What a jerk always guilting and coercing Chance into doing things he doesn't want by calling him selfish, but guilting and coercing people to do what you want so you can make a ton of cash is selfish, so you need to be taking a good hard look in the mirror Cliff!

I'm wondering if the
Lisa
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 05-mm-read, dbml
** I received this book free for review from the author through the DBML (Don't Buy My Love) program in the M/M Romance Group on Goodreads.**

Alex and Chance meet again after Chance runs out on Alex, when his father comes home and finds them together.
Nearly 10 years later on, Alex is a documentary maker, out and proud, Chance is a rock star still in the closet. They meet when Alex is sent to make a documentary about Chance and his rock group.
I loved this story and the way
Chutchy
31/2 stars. It was a good read, but I would have loved to see what Chance's family said about him coming out. He was so concerned of other people's perceptions. The sex was good, but some parts too drawn out, I admit, I skipped some pages. This is one book I wouldn't have minded if it were longer. There were a lot of things to explore. I think the two main characters resolved things a little too quickly, not that I'm looking for a lot of angst. It was just too neat. And of course the jaded lover ...more
Aerin
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
I am so glad I read this book! I wasn't sure if it was going to be another one of those rock star stories that fall short of the mark, but I am pleseantly surprized! It just worked for me and I absolutely loved the characters. There wasn't much angst and after reading a few books with major gramatical errors, I was excited to read this and pleased that I haven't found any errors.

The best part for me was hands-down the wedding proposal at the end. It's original, funny, ingenious and I
Lily
Sep 11, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-romance, musicians
3.6 stars. A well written story about vengeful intentions turning into a second chance at love. I liked the spirited interactions between the protagonists, the pace of reconciliation was believable and not rushed, the theme 'to be or not to be out of the closet' was not overwhelming either. Perhaps a bit too much (melo)drama occurred in the climax, rushing this time the happy ending, but that did not spoil my enjoyment of the book.
Julesmarie
Oct 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, gfy-ofy, rockers
Okay story. There wasn't as much lovely animosity as I was hoping from what sounded like a bitter-ex-revenge-turns-to-love plot. They seemed to flow very easily from one stage to the next in their relationship. There wasn't much angst or arguing or really even very strong reaction.

It was sweet to see how supportive the guys were of each other after they got over their issues. But ultimately not very memorable.
Donald
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Time and one's heart...

They say that time heals all wounds, but not always! This is a story of past wrongs, revenge, and realization. Alex and Chance must face the past in order to develop a future...which is achieved with K. Vale's writing style...a great story filled with lust, longing, and love....
Anita
Quick hot rock star read. A few of my fav tropes - rock star and second chance. Really liked the writing. Great characters. Would have liked a little more depth but still a terrific read. The chemistry between Chance and Alex just crackled!! That equipment bus scene - needed to put my head in the freezer!! Will definitely check out the others in the series.
Donna
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
Not being a "rock star" book fan...I must say I quite enjoyed this story!!! This was my first book by this author...and I am sure that if I come across another one of her books...preferably not a "rock star" story...I would gladly give it a try...if for no other reason than it was nice to not be in "auto correct" mode through out the book!!!
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
Hot M/M action and a tattooed rock star. As soon as I read that I was sold, but I loved the story between the protagonists too. For the short length of it, I was completely sucked in with the angst between the characters and their inner conflict. Really enjoyed this one and I will check out more from K Vale.
Dottie Mae
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Forever Is Now by K. Vale is an awesome book

I recommend Forever Is Now. The characters in this story takes off with a really fast narrative that leads to betrayal, lots of romance, some hot loving and a happy ending.
Amanda
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love a sweet HEA Rockin romance.
« previous 1 3 next »
Librarian ? 1 10 Jan 12, 2014 03:32PM
Liquid Silver Books: Forever Is Now, Shooting Stars Book 1 by K. Vale 6 19 Sep 10, 2013 04:01PM
Librarian note: K. Vale is a pseudonym/pen name for Goodreads author Kimber Vale for her M/M genre books.

Kimber Vale is an avid reader, writer and gardener. She worked as an RN once upon a time, but is currently a stay-at-home mom to three busy hobbits. She is fortunate to have an understanding husband who never refuses to help with her “writing research.” He answers questions like, “What do you think e

Shooting Stars (4 books)
  • Double Takes (Shooting Stars, #2)
  • Hard Act to Follow (Shooting Stars, #3)
  • Balancing Act (Shooting Stars, #4)