Start by marking “15 Minutes (The Rewind Agency #1)” as Want to Read:
15 Minutes (The Rewind Agency #1)

15 Minutes (The Rewind Agency/Conspiracy #1)

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  1,581 Ratings  ·  275 Reviews
The future can be a dangerous place when you changed the past....

15 minutes is all the Rewind Agency gives a person when they travel to the past, but for Lara Crane it’s enough for her to race through the city, find her mother, and stop her from being killed in a mugging that happened over ten years ago.

But the story she’s been told all her life is a lie. When Lara takes a
Published June 9th 2013

Adrian
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable time travel romp. Proper review to follow when back from hols 😀
Amy Aelleah
DNF - 19%

Why?

Let's play a rousing round of 'I don't think that word means what you think that word means'!

I throttle her back, and she crumbles to the pavement.

According to my dictionary, 'throttle' means to choke; strangle or to censor or suppress or to slow by means of a throttle. So…she strangled her mothers back? Leaving the idea aside that I believe to choke or strangle something you have to have oxygen or fuel passing through what you're 'throttling' - how long would her arms have to be to
Lisa
Dec 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is getting a three because the ideas were interesting and I may be willing to read the sequel depending on the description of it. Cooper got better and better at making Lara's bounces through time more interesting as the books progressed. I also, I deeply appreciated that Cooper gave consequences and Lara kept making sacrifices and was still not getting what she wanted. Cooper left it wide open for a sequel (view spoiler) ...more
Ron
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Think: The Matrix meets The Time Machine with a more likable protagonist than either.

Ahha! Cooper demonstrates that young adult novels can be engaging without substituting childish or adult behavior. The first person, present tense point of view not only works, but keeps the reader tightly engaged with this time travel “thriller.”

Lara is a believable person thrown into unbelievable circumstances, and we’re dragged along. She responds with intelligence, even as she suffers confusion and doubt. Th
Debbie
Oct 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to love this book, because it started well. The premise is interesting and the story is well written. There's no lack of action. In fact, the action is a bit rushed, enough that there's little character development aside from Lara. That can be somewhat excused because of the rapidly changing timelines - Lara is the only constant.

Lara is a bit of a puzzle. She has reasoning skills that seem unusually well developed for a teenager. I had trouble accepting her ability to physically overpo
Rezeda
May 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Началось за здравие, закончилось за упокой. (((
Конечно, ляпы были с самого начала, нормальный редактор этого текста не читал. Хотя моё любимое, пожалуй, вот это, от чего сразу Чеховская "Жалобная книга" вспомнилась:
Pushing up on my elbows, my stomach sways back and forth.
За хорошую идею я готова была простить и ляпы, но логика сделала ручкой где-то в первой четверти книги и больше не появлялась. А отсутствие логики я простить не в силах. Конец уже домучивала - надо же узнать, как автор всё-таки
Aly
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was exciting. It had me from page one and kept me wanting to know if Lara would be able to pull off everything she wanted to do. Lara wanted to go back in time and save her mom from being murdered. Did she succeed? Was it worth it in the end? Or did she lose everything to gain back her mom she only barely knew? Great book!
Kimber Wheaton
Sep 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, ya
*I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Okay, first things first; 15 Minutes is a time travel thriller. I know there are people out there that looove to argue all the time travel paradoxes until the wee hours and beyond. Not only do they drive me crazy but they also will miss out on a great book. Sometimes it's fun to suspend belief and just go with it. I mean it is fiction after all. So on that note, let me just say that I loved 15 Minutes, and we are checking any
Rosa Campanile
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, libri-2016
La mia recensione completa sul blog Briciole di Parole: http://bricioleparole.blogspot.com/20...

La mia intervista all'autrice Jill Cooper:http://bricioleparole.blogspot.it/201...

Questo entusiasmante thriller/young adult di Jill Cooper mi ha lasciato letteralmente a bocca aperta grazie alla sua trama intricata, ricca di colpi di scena che mi hanno reso impossibile staccarmi dalle pagine.
Metto subito le carte in tavole: dovete leggerlo, punto. State cercando una storia originale, dove le bugie, co
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lara Crane has 15 minutes in the past. Normally people can't change things or interact in the past but she can. She mapped out the town and is ready to save her mom who died when she was five years old. Lara runs to her mother and takes the bullet meant for her. Expecting to wake up in the perfect life, she realizes nothing is a perfect fix. In this reality her mom is alive but her dad was put in jail for hiring someone to kill her mom. She lives in a big house, with a step dad, twin siblings, a ...more
Larisa
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Да-а-а, вот это я понимаю, скорость чтения. :) Почти год прошел. Почему-то я остановилась через несколько глав после начала и все время что-то интереснее находила почитать. И самое смешное, что я затормозила буквально за главу до того, как закрутилась такая жара, что когда я в эту субботу решила продолжить чтение, то наплевала на все, пока в воскресенье вечером не дочитала.
Автор завернула такую интригу... А ведь вроде бы поначалу все просто. Девочка Лара, которая живет с папой, еле сводившим ко
Nina
Science fiction stories featuring time travel can either go really, really well, or really, really badly. With an electrifying plot, an amazing concept and likeable characters, 15 Minutes is one of the best I've read yet.
A method of travelling into the past has been created, meaning that people can revisit fond memories. However, they only have fifteen minutes in that memory before they are jolted back to the present. This means that Lara Crane only has fifteen minutes to save her mum from being
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
I received a copy of this book for an honest review for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl.

This book is edgy, full of action, and I absolutely loved it!! There are all kinds of possibilities in 15 Minutes. I think Jill Cooper did an amazing job with telling a story of time travel.

I'd give anything to be able to travel back in time and experience good memories all over again. If I could use time travel to prevent my mom from dying, I'd do it in a heartbeat no matter the consequences,
Heather Wood
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
15 Minutes was a fun and action-packed ride. I love time travel novels and this one didn’t disappoint. I liked the characters and although this book works as a standalone, I’m excited to read future books about Lara’s adventures.

The setup is simple enough: Lara decides to go back in time to stop her mom from being murdered. This single act changes her world completely and she finds that stopping her mom from being killed leads to more danger. Besides suspense, there’s also a lot of mystery, spec
Cally Jackson
I bought this book because, at first glance, the premise sounded a lot like my current novel-in-progress. 'Uh oh,' I thought. But when I read 15 Minutes, I discovered two things:

1. The similarities to my WiP are only surface level (phew!).
2. 15 Minutes is a great story.

I always enjoy a good time travel tale, and this book was no exception. The main character, Lara, is very likeable and I really felt for her as she struggled to deal with the awful alternate universe she inadvertently created.
Laura Pauling
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. Of course, I love time travel and Inception-like books and movies, so when I read the premise, I knew I had to read it. And...I started and finished it all in the same day. I didn't plan to, but I absolutely couldn't put it down. Jill Cooper does an amazing job starting the story with a simple premise: Lara goes back in time for 15 minutes to save her mom's life. She returns to a completely different life, even though she knew there was always that risk.

Every chapte
Sara
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was fast paced, time travel mystery with a lot of surprises. And then it has the nerve to end with something that had me screaming "what does it mean!" The sequel is definitely highly anticipated.
Feel The Book
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recensione a cura di Blue per Feel The Book

Chi non vorrebbe viaggiare nel tempo e poter cambiare qualcosa, rivedere qualcuno che amiamo o rivivere un momento preciso?

I viaggi nel tempo hanno delle regole molto precise, si hanno a disposizione solo 15 minuti, non si può interagire con nessuno e non si può tornare nello stesso istante più di una volta, ma Lara è intenzionata a infrangere ogni regola pur di riavere sua madre.

Le conseguenze delle sue azioni sono disastrose, lei è l’unica che può por
Graeme Ing
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: time-travel
Super time travel story. Cooper does an excellent job managing multiple time streams. Well done, and not confusing. Great character development, particularly showing how her time travel exploits affect the main character, how the time lines mix together in her mind, how she resolves the dramatical differences between them. At the heart of the story though are the foundations of family and love - what happens when your very family is different in the other time stream, and you end up loving anoth ...more
Gayle Noble
When Lara Crane decides to travel back in time and save her mum from being killed, she sets off a chain reaction in the present and future. This was a good YA book, in the same vein as the film Frequency. Yes, you could pick holes in the plot, but why bother when it is this entertaining. Suspend your disbelief and just enjoy. Rating: 4 stars.
Sabrina Olteanu
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest review.

I have to say I've read my share of fiction books, but I can’t name one that was even remotely similar to 15 minutes. The suspense in this book made me to stay still, I didn't even moved a muscle until I finished reading the book. I can easily say, Jill Cooper knows how to write an incredible book. Just WOW!

We meet Lara Crane, a beautiful young women, with a sad past. Her mother was killed ten years ago in a terrible mugging,
Katie
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, this is definitely a mysterious, suspenseful thriller with full on action and adventure; and of course a little romance to boot. I haven’t read a time travel novel since Lauren Kate and it was certainly an interesting read. I really enjoyed the writing style of Ms Cooper and will certainly pick up another one of her books. All the characters are strong and complex.

Lara Crane is an ordinary teenager, although her Mother was shot and killed when she was younger, so therefore she lives with j
Britt
3.5
There were a lot of things I liked about this book, but a few flaws as well. Like, I really enjoyed how EVERYONE knew about time travel, it was a part of their lives, but I feel like the rules and exceptions should've been explained more because there were some parts that definitely left me really confused. I also feel like poor Mike was wiped out of existence for like, half the plot. I mean, yeah I know his twin played a bigger role, but he was a character too and shouldn't have been tossed
Veronica of V's Reads
Nicole Hewitt
This review and many others can be found on my blog - Feed Your Fiction Addiction

Just as I'd hoped, 15 Minutes proved to be a time travel adventure with tons of twists and turns!

What I loved:

Converging pasts.
One thing that made this book different from other time travel books that I've read was the idea that Lara's memories from both versions of the past were converging. When she first changed her past, she only remembered her original life, but then she slowly started to gain memories from thi
Jess at Such a Novel Idea
For this review and more, visit Such A Novel Idea.

Holy cannoli, this book sure did blow me away! We are thrown directly into the action almost as soon as the book begins. Within just a few pages, we see Lara complete what she sets out to do -- use fifteen minutes in the past to save her mom. So then what?

Well, it is a classic case of 'be careful what you wish for'. Lara finds the world she expected with her mom alive is MUCH different than she imagined. Her boyfriend and father, two people she l
♚ ember
five stars.
woah. just... woah.
this book was... epic!
well, where to begin?
i started it because it was free and since i'm currently on holiday in germany, i wanted something to do while travelling.
i wasn't particularly hopeful with this one, since the first chapters were a bit dull and uninteresting. i expected bad writing, a horrendous amount of romance and very bad time-travel ー you know, something like kerstin gier's books.
but this book surprised me in a very, very, very good way! not only it's
Christy
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review and more @ http://christysbookaddiction.blogspot...

I don’t read too many time travel books, because a lot of the time I end up getting confused if it isn’t written perfectly. And because of that reason, I had second thoughts about reading this book. But I’m so glad that I gave it a chance because 15 Minutes is a beautifully written book that is filled with non-stop action. After reading this book, I think I’m going to be more open with time travel books.

If you could go back in time t
Jacinda Buchmann
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love time travel books and I love YA books, so combine the two genres into a story and it’s pretty much a given that I will want to read it! 15 MINUTES by Jill Cooper instantly sucked me into the story from the first page.

The story is based on the idea that time travel is possible through a time travel agency, however there are many rules and stipulations that a time traveler must follow. The main character, Lara Crane, is determined to break the rules in order to go back in time to save her m
Aleksandar Doynov
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: riletti
Rileggere questo libro è un loop continuo 😍
Madison Mega-Mara...: # 141 - 15 Minutes 1 3 Aug 20, 2015 03:06PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 3 Feb 19, 2015 05:24PM
  • Shift (Realms, #1)
  • Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc. (Butterman Travel series #1)
  • Rematch (Vortex, #1)
  • Life II
  • Run To You Part II: Second Glance
  • Future Shock (Future Shock, #1)
  • Extracted (The Lost Imperials, #1)
  • Backward Glass
  • Time Travel Adventures Of The 1800 Club (Time Travel Adventures of the 1800 Club #1)
  • The Hit List (Ashley Arthur, #2)
  • The Lead Cloak (The Lattice Trilogy, #1)
  • The Starborn Ascension (The Starborn Ascension #1-3; The Starborn Saga #4-6)
  • Dead Jed: Adventures of A Middle School Zombie
  • Beautiful Illusion
  • In Times Like These (In Times Like These, #1)
  • Nightmare City
  • The Scribe (Mindjack Origins, #3)
  • Chaos (Kardia Chronicles, #1)
Author of the YA Dream Slayer series, Jill loves to blend horror, comedy, the supernatural, and love, through her novels. A fan of genre blending, her work strives to cross boundries, but most of all strives to entertain.

She loves soft cuddly cats, warm blankets, and paranormal romances.

Jill resides in Massachusetts, is constantly renovating her home that she shares with her husband, young daughte
More about Jill Cooper

The Rewind Agency/Conspiracy (5 books)
  • Plugged (The Rewind Agency #2)
  • Detached (The Rewind Agency, #3)
  • Time Break (The Rewind Conspiracy #4)
  • Time Thief (The Rewind Conspiracy #5)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • That Hideous Strength: (Space Trilogy, Book Three) (The Space Trilogy 3)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Dark Tower: And Other Stories
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1)
    $5.74 $1.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • The Terranauts
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)