Start by marking “Hunter's Heart (Alpha Pack #4)” as Want to Read:
Hunter's Heart (Alpha Pack #4)

Hunter's Heart

(Alpha Pack #4)

Meet the Alpha Pack. This group of former Navy SEALS turned top-secret team of wolf shifters with Psy powers, are fighting the greatest dangers in the world. Intensely passionate and utterly thrilling, J. D. Tyler's Alpha Pack are unforgettable.

Ryon Hunter sees dead people - spirits that beg him for help in ways he can't understand. He'd do anything to end the torment,
Published September 3rd 2013 by Headline Eternal

To ask other readers questions about Hunter's Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunter's Heart

Start your review of Hunter's Heart (Alpha Pack #4)
Melindeeloo
(2 stars = ok) Well, I like the idea of the Alpha Pack series - a group of ex SEAL shifters with psychic powers who protect the world from other paranormals behaving badly (and who find their mates along the way) and even though I was sort of on the fence with the two books that I've read in this series, the opening to this story was so page turning that I had to buy the book after I reached the end of the sample.

The beginning was great, and in itself I didn't have a problem with the fact that
Ronda
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so pleased I decided to continue the series after the let down of Kalen's book because Hunter's Heart was absolutely amazing! Loved the whole story!
Christi Snow
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Review:
This entire series is just simply good. It's a great mix of paranormal shifter magic and military action-adventure suspense that hits all my hot buttons for the kind of story that I enjoy.

This particular book features Ryon, a wolf shifter who also can see ghosts, and Daria, who is a wildlife biologist studying the habits of wolves in the Shoshone Nat'l Park. They meet under unusual circumstances...they are mates and both gravely wounded at the beginning of the book before they ever
Cocktails and Books
Hunter’s Heart is the fourth installment of J.D. Tyler’s Alpha Pack Novels, and she doesn’t disappoint as she tells the story of Ryon Hunter. Ryon’s gift is the ability to see dead people, although their constant need for assistance in ways he can’t understand often seems more like a curse. When he hears the voice of Daria Bradford, a wildlife biologist studying wolves in the Shoshone National Park, he almost ignores it until he realizes she is very much alive and in need of his help after being ...more
Cindy
Dec 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hunter’s Heart delivers another action packed romance that also provides a little more to the pieces of the puzzle of what happened to these Navy Seals all those years ago in the jungle.

Ryon Hunter’s gift, or curse, has been seeing ghosts. In the previous books we’ve seen how this has taken a toll on him. I do have to say how he first meets his mate was cool. Daria Bradford spends most of her time in the forest. She is a wildlife biologist who can also astral travel which she does to Ryon after
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
4.5 Stars
What an awesome listen! It kept me at the edge of my seat. I'm totally focusing on this for my Roll Back Wee for UTC.
Susan Parks
3.5 stars. I am in still in the camp that says you should save the sexy times for when you aren't running for your life from the evil maniac who would like to experiment on you. Call me crazy. There was also something at the end of the book that hit a bit of a sour note for me. A name that Ryon called Daria in the middle of a sexual encounter seemed off and harsh. It really jarred me out of the story, because it seemed out of character.
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Paranormal Romance at the top of its game.

Opening Sentence: “The guy bringing up the rear is always the one who gets eaten, you know.”

The Review:

Starting a new series smack dab in the middle nearly gives this reader heart palpitations because you know that a world takes time to build, characters are fleshed out, back story is told and you have none of that. However, sometimes you are granted a true work of storytelling genius that truly
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Associate Reviewer - Shawnie:
*eBook received to do an honest review.

Hunter's Heart is a book about the connection between two people. It showcases a connection strangers can have, even at a distance, and through impossible circumstances. This was a heart warming book about love and finding what you need.

Former Navy SEALS, J.D. Tyler's Alpha Pack is a very top secret team of wolf shifters with Psy abilities brought together to combat the dangers that stalk, hunt
The BookChick
My Rating:
GOOD: The characteristics of a 3 star book include: interesting characters, a decent storyline, and unique story elements; there was something about the story that I didn’t completely connect with; the book is a solid read. I would recommend it to a friend.

My Thoughts:
I have greatly enjoyed the Alpha Pack series and look forward to new releases within the series. Although Hunter's Heart was not my favorite book in the series, I enjoyed Ryon and Daria's story. The story was action
Lady Lioness
Snagged from NetGalley.

*pokes book* I don't know how I feel about this. It was better than Black Moon, but...*shrugs*

Hunter's Heart relied a lot on Fated Mate Syndrome. I can be okay with FMS, especially since I love an uber-possessive alpha male hero, but I felt like that was the whole plot of the book. Okay, yes, there's a monster shifter rampaging through the countryside, but Tyler kept relating that back to the hero's and heroine's relationship. It was like eating a light, frothy, dessert.
Tracie R
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

J D Tyler delivers another amazing addition to her Alpha Pack series!!

Ryon Hunter is part of the Alpha Pack, he is a wolf shifter and the packs telepath. His telepathic gift however has lately become his curse but that is all about to change.

Daria Bradford is a Wildlife Botanist who chose to follow in her father's footstep specialising and focusing her research in what to her were the most beautiful creatures on earth Wolves.

With a gang of rogue vampire on the loose Ryon and the Alpha Pack are
Heather andrews
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well Jax ole' boy I do believe Ryon stole my heart from you and all because he's a possessive sort, "baring his fangs, he moved to place his body between the man and his female. Crouched, ready to spring and rumbled a warning deep in his chest. Hurt. Mine." And he may get a tad jealous as well, "I can't help what I am," he ground out. "My wolf doesn't like you thinking about some other man, and neither do I." Alright maybe a tad wasn't the right word, "Ryon stalked her, pressing her against the ...more
Tamara
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hunter's Heart delivers the page turning suspense that I've come to expect from the Alpha Pack novels. Ryon and Daria are a great couple. I loved Daria's spirit, she never lets anything stand in the way of her goals.
My only complaint, I would have liked to have seen more of Daria's Native American heritage brought into the story.
If you like action, adventure and Steam up the jungle passion, Hunter's Heart is the book for you.
Kataryna Hermans
4.5/5 stars.

Sexy, action packed with both Ryon and Daria a sizzling mix of emotions. Loved it! Recommend it! Looking forward to the next one.
Sofia
Sep 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An amazing addition to the series!!!Review to follow...
Cherise
TinaMarie
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aroha
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the series awesome writing
Lilly
Jun 02, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
**Available on Hoopla
Tracey
Jul 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
meh. Mostly boring. Dull main characters.
Katt
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ugh!
Debbie
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am loving these books cannot wait to read the next book.
Danireadzalot
Meh... Forest scenes too drawn out. Dragged the book down for me. Only to kill some one they could have got information from.
Megan
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cally Walker
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great series

And I've enjoyed every one of the books I've read. Love to see each of them mated. Just wish they were longer
Melanie
Originally posted at Hotlistens.com.

In this book, Ryon we have a werewolf who was part of the original pack that was turned in Afghanistan. He also sees dead people, insert Sixth Sense joke here (there is not one in the book and I thought there should’ve been at least one). Ryon looks as this as a curse and I guess I could see why, it would drive me nuts too. He is also telepathic. Daria is a wildlife biologist who studies real wolves in the Shoshone National Park. She has the ability to astral
Secretly Reading
Originally reviewed for The Book Vixen

In a Nutshell: This wasn’t my favorite of the series since Ryon’s psychic gift didn’t play into the story and the mate-trope didn’t wow me. Still, the romance was fine and the secondary characters of Ryon’s pack were stellar. Plus, it has a little something different sexually and no, I won’t tell you what except to say it is little.

The Set Up: Ryon is one of the Alpha Pack, a group of elite Navy SEALs with psychic abilities who were transformed into
Shawnie Nicole
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
E-book received to do an honest review of the book. There are no real spoilers in this content. - Shawnie

Hunter's Heart is a book about connections between two people. It showcases a connection strangers can have, even at a distance and through impossible curcumstances. This was a heart warming book, about connections, love, and finding what you need.

2OCC Reviews
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jessica
Wow, this book proves that everything that happens, happens for a reason. I loved seeing Ryon do this thing and his powers were great to see. But it will break your heart more then once.

Oh sweet Ryon. I can't say anything bad about him. I have loved him through the first three books and getting his book was an amazing treat. His dedication not only to his pack but to his newly acquired mate is so far one of the best I've seen.

Daria was spunky. She had knowen all about powers or such because she
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Jace (Riverwise Private Security, #2)
  • Jared (Riverwise Private Security, #3)
  • Jax (Immortals of New Orleans, #7)
  • Dimitri (Immortals of New Orleans, #6)
  • Luca's Magic Embrace (Immortals of New Orleans, #2)
  • Selkies are a Girl's Best Friend (Mystic Bayou, #3)
  • The Alion King (Paranormal Dating Agency, #6)
  • Tall, Dark and Panther (Paranormal Dating Agency, #5)
  • Logan's Acadian Wolves (Immortals of New Orleans, #4)
  • Saddled and Spurred (Blacktop Cowboys, #2)
  • Tristan's Lyceum Wolves (Immortals of New Orleans, #3)
  • A Tiger's Claim (Shifters of Ashwood Falls, #2)
  • A Mating Dance (Shifters of Ashwood Falls, #3)
  • Winter Eve (Shifters of Ashwood Falls, #1)
  • Surrendering to the Alpha (Ashwood Falls, #4)
  • Wild Heat (Wilding Pack Wolves, #3)
  • Wild Love (Wilding Pack Wolves #2)
  • Léopold’s Wicked Embrace (Immortals of New Orleans, #5)
USA Today Bestselling Author J.D. Tyler is best known for her dark, sexy paranormal series Alpha Pack, and the Firefighters of Station Five and Sugarland Blue series as National Bestselling Author Jo Davis. PRIMAL LAW, the first book in her Alpha Pack series, is the winner of the National Readers' Choice Award in Paranormal. She's also been a multiple finalist in the National Readers' Choice ...more

Alpha Pack (10 books)
  • Primal Law (Alpha Pack #1)
  • Savage Awakening (Alpha Pack, #2)
  • Black Moon (Alpha Pack, #3)
  • Cole's Redemption (Alpha Pack, #5)
  • Wolf's Fall (Alpha Pack, #6)
  • Chase the Darkness (Alpha Pack, #7)
  • Phoenix Reborn (Alpha Pack, #7.5)
  • Raven's Mark (Alpha Pack, #8)
  • Unknown (Alpha Pack, #9)